[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should i do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

I have about 300$ to spend.
With the current political climate i want to get a new gun before november.
I cant decide if i should sell my handgun and my mosin and have 700$ and then try for an AK or if i should buy a ithaca 37 or Winchester 12 and then set it up to be a trench shotgun/riot gun.

If i buy the shotgun i want the shotgun for operating and hunting(i need a new hunting shotgun).

the downside is im limited to maximum 50 yards.

and if i buy the AK i will not have a handgun or my mosin. But i will have an AK...sooooo.

Also if i buy shotgun i can work it out and fix my handgun(smith and wesson model 15, it has a broken frame stud).

or i say fuck it all and try and talk my buddy to in with me on two Cetme Ls(he has the resources to build the kits).
>>
File: american propaganda.jpg (122KB, 540x550px) Image search: [Google]
american propaganda.jpg
122KB, 540x550px
bumping for interest
>>
>>31209110
Go milsurp or the AK.milsurp is never a bad choice if you can find ammo. Dont get a shotgun yet since they are going to more or less stay the same after the election.

Be warned of the quality of the AK you get though. Do your homework and you should be fine.
>>
>>31209110
>selling your guns
Anon NO!
>>
>>31209110
>>31209132
Don't sell any guns, and still buy the AK.

If you can't raise $400 by November then you must be really poor.
>>
>>31209110
Build an AR, Get a PSA Upper and lower kit and then get an Anderson Lower. Shits gunna be like $550
>>
>>31209110
It depends on the intended purpose of the gun. Shotguns are best for bird hunting and close range combat. The AK is just Slavshit. A good hunting rifle would be the best general purpose weapon.
>>
>>31209211
I will actually have 1200$ but i only want to spend 300$. 400$ AK, either you are from the past or you are stuck in it. what quality AK can i get for 400$?

>>31209223
I really do not want a AR, not that im against the platform. I think the AR makes a better race gun, while the AK does better neglect. I also like the over all manual of arms.
>>
>>31209320
Not him, but your guns are worthless unless you get at least $100 of ammo.
>>
>>31209320
There are no more $400 AKs unless you find a private seller who doesn't know what they're doing.

Buy an AR lower, then shop around for an upper.
>>
File: SAM_0510.jpg (1MB, 1984x1488px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0510.jpg
1MB, 1984x1488px
>>31209303
i thought i made it clear
>operating and hunting
I already have multiple hunting rifles, see pic of the senpai.

I cant modify those guns, also the 870 is in 20 gauge. I cant modify because they are heirlooms.
>>
>>31209346
Whoops. Just saw you didn't want an AR. What about an SKS? $400 for one of those is still doable.
>>
>>31209110
Try to sell some shit other than your guns. Go out and mow yards or something. If you really want it you should be able to provide.
>>
>>31209339
i can get a hold of plenty of ammo on the cheap for both, i know an old dude who thought Y2K was real, he has so much ammo if you offer him a trade or money he will give you a dank deal.
>>
>>31209395
I sold alot of my shit for a trip to europe when i was 16. all im left with is shit that has no value to anyone else or shit thats sooo niche i cant find a buyer. I do all kinds of odd jobs. currently a full time student, im inbetween jobs.
>>
File: clipazine.jpg (117KB, 640x1138px) Image search: [Google]
clipazine.jpg
117KB, 640x1138px
>>31209110

If you are genuinely worried about a ban - buy an AR (or multiple AR lowers). Super common nato caliber desu. Can swap for different calibers. Can buy 5 anderson lowers for 500
>>
>>31209517
Im not worried about a ban that much, but i do not want an AR. deep down im a fudd, i know that and i accept it. Im more interested in an AK, i feel like it fits my wants and needs more than a AR.
>>
>>31209580
Sell your mosin and the ammo for it, and buy an AK-74 (in 5.56 if you're worried about not enough ammo for it). If you don't want to spend the money on it, get the Ithaca. Don't sell your only handgun.
>>
also, you're not a fudd for liking guns that look better, preform as well, and last longer.
>>
>>31209580
well you picked about the worst time. Ak market is shit right now.
>>
>>31209652
This. If you want an ak that bad then do this. Do not sell you handgun. An AK in 7.62x39 with the right set up can also be used for hunting and is easily able to hit stuff out to about 400 yards with Irons. A cheap bolt action like a savage axis or ruger american can easily pick up the slack where the mosin left it and it will be in a more common caliber. For me I only wish I could have a handgun. I am not 21 and my state outlawed private sales so I am fucked in that regaurd. The funny thing is that the section in the GCA where you can only purchase a handgun at 21 was only ruled constitutional because of private sales. I wish I had the time and money to get that case taken up but I dont, it would just be cheaper and easier to do an 80 percent 1911 or something. As for an AK to get a wasr would be fine, or an arsenal SLR series would also be fine. Stay away from the RAS 47 and for gods sake do not buy an IO no matter how desperate you get. DDI is fine although it has had some problems with QC in the past, although they have always been good on fixing them unlike Arsenal. I have also heard good things about the second gen PSA aks. With all of those know how to inspect an ak, checking alignment of pressed on parts and how all the rivets are.
>>
>>31209739
yeah, we are at an odd point in time where there are not enough importable AKs any more to keep the price low, and there are not enough US made AKs to lower the price from that perspective as well. Meanwhile due to cheap CNC milling and the after effects of sandyvag the AR is the cheapest it has ever been and the best quality for price it has ever been. It is odd how in less than 4 years the two rifles have essentially swapped positions in terms of bang for your buck.
>>
>>31209816
>not reading the thread
if i buy the AK im not using it for hunting. I have hunting rifles>>31209364.

also stop watching AK operator union and repeating his shit likes it your own.(maybe i read to far into it but at least credit the man).

>>31209844
I will talk to an old gun smith i know, he has 300 guns and a affinity for AKs. He bought all of his when they were cheap so he might be willing to part with one but i doubt it.. The last two guns i bought were from him.(he gave me a deal on one, but robbed me on the other).
>>
>>31209366
meh, i know its kinda stupid but dindu's have really messed up my perception of the SKS and the only ones i see are sporterized to worthlessness.
>>
Say nothing happens ever and you need cash your always going to be able to sell an ak/ most military rifles for the same but most times more than you bought it for
>>
700 dollar aks wont really go away if clinton wins imo. since if anything she'll just block import at first, but there will still be low end us made aks in the 700 range.

if you want an import ak for cheap right now, either get an m92 or m85.
>>
save for a vepr and never look back

get matching vepr 12 with tax return
>>
>>31209110
>With the current political climate i want to get a new gun before november.
What worries you more, rioting Mexicans or Hillary coming for your guns and November 9th?
>>
Have you shot both an AR and an AK? I was in the same boat as you until I actually tried them, and the AR ended up being way more pleasant for me to shoot
>>
>>31212401
im not worried about recoil.
>>
If your worried about shit becoming harder to acquire why would you ever sell your handgun? Especially if you only have the one.

Keep the handgun

Sell your meme nugget and buy yourself an AR / AK
>>
-sell the nugget, keep the handgun.
-dont buy a shotgun, they arent going anywhere ban wise.
-Get the AK but not for too much, Anything over $600 a better gun entirely can be had.
>>
>>31209110
300 bucks won't get you an AK unless it's used or an IO, or a used IO.

If you had more cash I'd say get the scary assault gat, but since you don't just get the shotgun.
>>
Save up and get a Garand from CMP. This is your last chance, they've said they expect to run out, permanently, by the summer of 2017 and then that's that. They've already downsized their main store operation, moved to a building that's only 30% the size of their previous one.
>>
File: mle1916.jpg (887KB, 3242x1073px) Image search: [Google]
mle1916.jpg
887KB, 3242x1073px
heres the most boom you can get for $300
>>
>>31214791
why dont people read threads, i dont need a big boom. I got big booms. look at the senpai >>31209364
>>
>>31214875
everyone has basically given you the options within your scenario.

good luck finding a decent AK for $300. lol.
Rither sell your shit or dont and continue bing a poorfag.
The AK market is what it is now.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.