[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9mm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 278x181px
I want to buy my first gun. I want a 9mm please impart your knowledge upon me for a best starting 9mm.

My budget is about 900$

Thanks, this is my first time posting on /k/, ive been a btard but I live in vermont USA and feel its time to own a weapon.

My thread image is literally just from googling "9mm" just for a thread image, please disregard.
>>
>>31207610
Nigga read the sticky, then come back with specific questions. Also find a range that rents guns, try them, then come ask us which ones aren't shit.
>>
>>31207619
This board is slow as fuck there is no need to bump.
>>
>>31207610
Fuck off, faggot
>>
Also if anyone knows anything about gun buyinglaws I was self admitted to a psychward one time. Will I still be able to purchase a firearm in the United States?
>>
>>31207636
>>31207645
I expected nothing less from this board, thank you for meeting my expectaions.
>>
>>31207610
Look. If you don't buy a CZ you'll basically be forever a faggot

And ours too. We will induce more shame as well.

So check out the cz line up champ. Come back when you wanna talk shop.
>>
>>31207610
I suggest a Glock, the AK47 of pistols. They have great stopping power. You can make it automatic aswell to stop even more attackers. I suggest a mod that makes it into a rifle. Hickok45 has a ton of videos on Glock rifles. Good luck!
>>
>>31207610
Glock 19. Done, go away.
>>
>>31207672
Thanks bro.
>>
>>31207651
Yeh you are pretty much fucked. They ask you that shit when you buy a gun. And if you lie, the booty warrior will rape you every day in prison for the next 10 years.
>>
>>31207610
FIREARMS ARE SUBJECTIVE AND ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU ONE BRAND IS THE BEST IS INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING YOUR BEST INTERESTS. Go to stores (PLURAL!) and fondle everything. Go to your local range and rent shit to see what you like. Go shooting with friends and see if you like what they have. Ultimately, it'll take you time to figure out what you value most in firearms. For example, I'm pissy about triggers and palm swell (the way the back of the grip fits in your palm). I'm also a lefty, so I need ambi-friendly guns.

The important part is identifying what you prefer, and accepting that you likely haven't shot enough to know all of your preferences. Identify what your needs are, and work from there.

Practice is king. Especially if you're going to be carrying. Because of that, I highly recommend getting a 9mm, not because of some mythical stopping power but because it's cheap enough you can practice frequently. It also provides pretty high capacity for more time spent shooting, less loading.

Don't get a sub-compact (Shield, Glock 43, Walther PPS, XDs, etc). For a new shooter, they're too small to comfortably practice with for extended periods of time. What you want to look for is a compact, like the Glock 19, M&P9c, FN FNS9c, etc. Or just get a full sized (carrying one is a little less practical - at least in the summer)

Lastly, use Bud's Gun Shop as a comparison point for pricing. Most brick and mortar stores have fucking trash tier prices on new guns.
>>
>>31207651
Looking for an answer to this question stilll, though.
>>
>>31207651
Issues only arise if you were INVOLUNTARILY committed or deemed mentally unsound by a court. If your stay way voluntary you're fine.
>>
>>31207610
can't beat a 75b.. although they have gone up in price.
>>
>>31207766
Thank you
>>
>>31207757
Real non /b/ tier answer, please.
>>
>>31207796
Bump
>>
>>31207831
Bamp
>>
>>31207672
>>31207784
CZ is definitely a great choice. The first full size handgun I bought was a CZ85b, which is basically just an ambidextrous version of the 75b. Never had a complaint about it, though it's definitely heavier than a Glock. Cuts down on recoil, but you want to do some arm exercises to build some strength if you don't want your groupings to start drifting after a hundred rounds or so from exhaustion.
>>
>>31207796

When you go to a gun store, you fill out form 4473. I recommend you read it first, but the applicable question is:

> Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective or have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

However, later in the form it clarifies that being committed only applies to being involuntarily placed in an institution. It specifically exempts voluntary ones.
>>
>>31208231
Thank you brother.
>>
>>31208242
You're welcome, but you really ought to just google this stuff. You're not going to get on any watch list you're not already on from being here by searching for basic firearms laws. If you want loudly shouted opinions on what firearm is best, /k/'s your place. If you want advice on questions with a definitive answer, it's not.
>>
Glock 17 or Glock 19 unless you care about aesthetics, or have baby hands.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.