[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things you wish you'd known soon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: 6431513051_58f0600c58.jpg (140KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
6431513051_58f0600c58.jpg
140KB, 500x332px
What do you wish you had known sooner?

>Most shotguns aren't drop safe
>>
That gun prices are only going to go up and mil surp that was once $100-$200 is now double that price.
>>
>>31206518
I just wish the nugget memers would realize it
>>
>>31206605
I'm so sick of hearing "you can pick one up for under a hundred at any gunshop"
>>
>>31206503
What did you do, anon. What did you do.
>>
>>31206727
nothing, just realized that if fate allowed it I could've tripped or something and blown my head off on several occasions
>>
That non gun owners think guns are a weird hobby, and don't understand why you don't just get rid of them when money's tight, moving, etc.

If I'd known that I'd probably never have revealed my power level to any of my friends.
>>
>>31206783
To someone safe and sound in suburbia guns can look an awful lot like a luxury good.
>>
that surplus 54r is fucking done for
>>
>>31206751
>most shotguns arent drop safe
eh, kinda. Im a dog hunter, which means i end up having to go through the roughest toughest shit. ive trip, bust my ass, and looked like an overall stooge. I usually throw my gun acorss creeks before crossing. I havent had gun go off on me yet, my point is that a shotgun going off from a drop is possible but not likely unless you are so special need you slams a hard butt plate across something just as hard. keep a rubber pad on the end if you are that worried.

what i wish i had known sooner was how much gun smithing cost before i invested in a few project guns that require stuff that i cant fix myself.

>>31206659
>>31206605
>>31206518
your best bet for deal like that is in a private deal. If you make friends with a gunsmith or gunshop owner you can get some good deals. my buddy just bought a arisaka for 50 bucks. He gets so many good deals.
>>
>>31206751
You fell over on your shotgun?

More than once?
>>
That I'm absolute garbage with handguns

That some guns /k/ writes off as meme trash are actually pretty good

That surplus guns aren't really surplus guns any more

That finger fucking guns in shops is important

That buying online is almost always the better call than local as far as budget is pricing is concerned

That asking if X was a good deal or not never ends well

That shotguns and pigeon shooting aren't nearly expensive as you'd initially think

That mentioning what you're building will often cause normies to "jokingly" remind you that they're your friends and that they soon stop poking fun of you like they used to.
>>
>>31207911
ducking hunting is the expensive one, ive never heard of people thinking pidgeon or dove hunting being expensive considering 100 rounds of universal ammo is 21$. I was going to go dove hunting today but the kid that came with us go sick after the first dog drive so we had to home early.
>>
>>31206902
>I usually throw my gun acorss creeks before crossing

What the fuck did you just say, lol? Why would you chuck your gun across a stream. Get a sling nigger.
>>
Guns are smaller and thinner than you expect and all the springs are tough

Almost nothing is truly hearing-safe
>>
That I want an M1917 Rifle as there was one for sale a year ago and I bought a motherfucking No1 mk3 enfield (shoot me)
>>
>>31206503
>Russia would have an import ban.
>Colt snake guns were going to shoot up in value after they stopped making them.

Those are the two big ones. I didn't even want to make off of it like some faggots, I just kept putting off getting an SGL and a snake gun for a while, and now they're both prohibitively expensive.
>>
>>31206518
>tfw I missed out on Nugget mania
>tfw I missed out on SKSlam
>>
>>31208380
>Almost nothing is truly hearing-safe

>when people act like suppressed 9mm is somehow hearing safe
Niga if it's over 80 dB you can damage your hearing. A one time concert of your favorite band is worth it, the comfort gained from not wearing earmuffs is not.
>>
>>31208380
22lr out of a long barrel isn't even considered hearing safe and I do that all the time, so if they say that subsonic rounds suppressed are hearing safe, I believe it.
>>
>>31206844
Agree. I just picked up 20 brass PPU stuff for $15. Maybe I'll get enough brass saved up to start reloading them.
>>
>>31208402
Burger rifles are overrated, you did well.
>>
>>31208131
Something in my head just made me assume shells of near any kind would be expensive. Turns out its the polar opposite.
>>
>>31207911
>That I'm absolute garbage with handguns
This. I can do sub moa with optics on a rifle but im shit with a handgun at 10 yards.
>>
>>31206503
that NFA trusts would allow MGs to be registered back in the early 2000s while I was in the army.
>>
>>31206844
Im actually kinda starting to miss the fuckers actually.
>>
File: 644342_ts.jpg (42KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
644342_ts.jpg
42KB, 1155x1155px
>>31206503
>the henry mare leg isn't as fun as it looks and lever actions are inferior to pumps
>the dominion outlaw isn't as fun as it looks and is kind of trash
>Flares for flare guns are expensive
>.303 British is expensive and there are Enfields in .308 (pretty much)
>>
>>31208979
Very much this
>get near quarter-sized groupings with almost any given rifle using just irons at 100 yards
>look like I fired birdshot when using a pistol at 5
>>
>>31209176
>bases leveractions are inferior based on a mare's leg
You are a dumbass who deserves to learn everything the hard way.
>>
>>31206503
Whoa you got a citation on that? I keep a 12 gauge cocked and locked in my closet and there's always the possibility that my cat could knock it over or some shit. How do I know whether mine is or not?
>>
>>31210689
Why would you keep one in chamber on a HD shotty?
>>
>>31210791
Why would you not?
>>
I wish i would have known that .22LR was going to go up like it did when i could buy bricks for $15 each.

I would have sold every bit of property and taken out the largest loan humanly possible and bought semi loads of it and stashed it away.

I would have done the same with cases of 880 rds czech silver tip and yellow tip for $70 per case

and pic related for pennies per round. This stuff is a blast to shoot and I used to be able to get it C H E A P E R than you would believe

it makes me sad just thinking about all the gobs and gobs of cheap ammo and surplus stuff i can not get anymore.

I bought 2 cases of Trioxane (the huge cases sealed, milsurp) for $74 shipped. now that shit sells for a dollar a bar.

I actually had an opportunity to buy a semi load for about $34 a case.
>>
>>31210836
It takes no time to chamber a round compared to just getting it out of closet. Unlike cc pistol draw ewhic happens fast.
Sound of round chambering likely to cause anyone in house to leave.
>>
>>31210976
This.
A shotgun racking is as universal as a snakes rattle.
>>
>>31210976
>>31211102
i want this meme to die
>>
>>31211122

But its true.
>>
>>31211148
>But its true.
with no supporting evidence, as expected from fudlore memers
say a dude broke into your house and you are just gonna make noises and hope he would run away?
>>
>>31206659
When I first looked into getting a nugget they were under $200, I was really sad to find out the cheapest one was $250 when I went to buy it.
>>
>>31208654
The 1917 was an Enfield that got chambered in .30-06 because 'muerica was entering the war and made U.S. companies stop building guns for the britbongs.
>>
>>31211148
I know another sound that makes niggers leave your property. Gunfire.
>>
>PGO shotguns look amazing but hurt like the dickens to shoot
>Common calibers amongst your collection saves a ton of hassle
>You can overclean guns
>Buy exactly what you want, not an approximation
>TOS is more fun than TNG
>>
>>31211196
no you fucking kike
you make a noise and if he doesn't get the fuck out by the time you engage you repaint your living room.
The only time it should be unracked however is if childrens/ animals or if you live in a cuck state of no castle doctrine.
>>
Ants will inherit the Earth, and the rubble of Man will nourish them.
>>
>>31210886
You are fight about the surplus incendiary ammo and the light weight trainers but trioxine is kind of overrated compared to civilian heximine except for maybe the fact they are individually sealed and don't smell as much because of it.
>>
File: 20160904_052801.jpg (120KB, 412x729px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_052801.jpg
120KB, 412x729px
>when Sks' were $120-150, m44 and t53 were $150 and $90...

Now they're triple to Quadra that price.

>mfw went to the gunshow, see Shitty and bubba'd Sks, nuggets, and a t53 costing $650, $320, and $280 respectively...
>used glocks $500-650 mark up. All the decent police trade-in glocks ($200-300)bought by 22lr shillers so they can resell the glocks for $400-450 with mags removed. Some are only for training\simulation rounds but doesn't tell the newbies.
>>
>>31206503
I wish I had known in 2008 what I was getting myself into voting for obama, despite being a 20 year old idealistic idiot college student
>>
>>31211720
2008 is forgivable, 2012 would be clinical retardation, though it's not like shit would have been much different with Romney.
>>
>>31211196
Do you think people suffering to the point where they're willing to to break & enter are also willing to die for your fucking TV or just run and find an easier victim?
Or do you also deny the fact that most acts of defensive gun use end without a shot fired?
>>
>>31211807
>Tyrone's cracked out and twitchy breaking into your house
>hears shotgun rack
>swings and gets a lucky shot into your gut
Great idea.
>>
>>31210592
>>31208979
>>31207911
I was garbage with a handgun the first time I picked one up. Know what I did?

I kept practicing with my handguns until I wasn't shit. If that meant only taking handguns on my range trips, oh well.
>>
>>31208466
i paid fuckin 800 for a saiga when i couldve paid 400 a year earlier
>>
>>31210592
open both eyes
>>
>>31210976
Anon I hate to tell you this but EVERY GUN IS LOADED WITH ONE IN THE CHAMBER. You do at least know this right?
>>
>>31211807
>crackhead needs his fix
>gonna go rob a house
>hears you chamber a round
>time to fucking charge at it
>b-b-but they're supposed to run away
>oh wait that's what rational people do
>rational people get hopped up on drugs and rob houses
>>
>>31212056

this and i started competing. i'm absolutely terrible, but nothing will motivate you to get out, burn some ammo, and practice like sucking.
>>
>>31208635
at that price, why not just get a .308 or 30-06?
>>
>>31212056
Can you hit the bullseye at 50m?
>>
>>31210791
>>31210976
This is obvious bait you fools
>>
>>31208311
they are deep creeks, and the bottom can be slick as ice from the silt. Often pretty swampy areas. I would rather toss it across rather than do my own field mud test.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.