[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small Conceal Carry Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (70KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 640x480px
Okay, so, I've literally never owned a gun before, except for a cheap .22 I used to take down to the range whenever friends were going. I've recently started to consider buying something small but reliable to conceal carry for self-defense. Ideally it'd be small enough to carry daily and keep concealed, but still powerful enough to stop the occasional heroine junkie. I don't know jack about guns, so I thought I'd bring it here. Pic is related, it's what I've been considering.
>>
>>31205545
Want to know too.
>>
G43 + spare mag
>>
>>31205545
The P238 was my first concealed carry pistol and my first centerfire gun I bought on my own, after having been gifted a couple .22's over the years from my dad (Ruger 10/22, Browning Buck Mark), and after having used several other family and friends' centerfire rifles and handguns...

Anyway, it's a reliable, well made gun. I carried it for all 3 years of graduate school (I live in a campus carry state). I never found it onerous to carry, and the times I would get in front of a class and teach a lesson as either a TA or lead instructor, the students never noticed it in my waistband.

Once I got good with it, I found it to be extremely accurate and pretty easy to shoot as well. However, if you are just learning how to shoot a handgun, there is going to be a steeper learning curve, due to how small it is, than there would be for a full size pistol. It's actually relatively easy to control in the scope of guns out there, but beginners find it snappy and will often develop a flinch when first shooting it. Even if you can train yourself out of the flinch, the short sight radius means you need to keep your hands extremely steady. On the flip side, there is tremendous skill transfer. If you can train yourself to shoot this gun well, then you can learn to shoot pretty much any other gun accurately too.
>>
>>31205545
The internet is great but nothing beats testing the gun out IRL. I went to the range all set to buy the LCP, and ended up getting the G43 instead because of the grip and the smooth action. I hated all the .380 pistols I shot.
>>
File: 20160622_184508.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160622_184508.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>31205545
Why p238 when you can p938? Love mine.

Its slightly larger but still a very small and concealable gun. Others to consider could be kimber micro carry or berreta nano.
>>
>implying heroin junkies can even make any offensive attempt during a 5 hour nod.
they just wanna die slowly.
now defense against PCP, crack, and ice and or meth users is a different story. somebody high on PCP can easily withstand 6 shots to the torso from a 9mm cartridge and still be hostile and active.
Basically, if you're trying to defend yourself from drug users/junkies, know at least the basics about the drugs and how they work.
>>
>>31206178
I didn't mean while they're high, I mean while they're sober trying to get money to get high.
>>
>>31205768

Or a g26. Almost the exact same size just a lil thicker (not hard to carry a thicker gun) carry more rounds, and can actually use all the Glock double stack mags.

Only reason for a g43 is for pocket carry, even then you can pocket carry with a 26 if you really wanted.
>>
>>31206201
>(not hard to carry a thicker gun)
Are you retarded? Why do you think the Shield is so popular?
>>
>>31206227

Thickness is not the issue retard, it's the length that makes carrying hard. A lot of ppl carry the shield due to price, reliability, size. Which the shield is still bigger than the 43.
>>
>>31206242

If any thing, I'm gonna stop right here. I know>>31206227 is gonna spew out a bunch of retarded shit. Forgot this is day time /k/, home of the faggots.
>>
>>31206196
ah, the young ones with energy left in their bodies. most of the old users are so dopesick when they come down they can barely walk
>>
>>31206242
>A lot of ppl carry the shield due to price, reliability, size
You're an idiot. Why isn't the M&P9c any more popular, then. Because the thickness matters.
>>
I would recommend colt commander .45 ACP.
shorter than standard 1911
same build.
stopping power.
and no i don't wanna hear any bullshit about 45acp being a may may round, when it comes time to put hot lead in a body, its nice to have a pretty good size chunk to hurl at a motherfucker
>>
>>31205545
get a snub nosed 38 spl or 357 magnum revolver. Small enough to conceal and it'll stop anything.
>>
>>31206366
a snub tre 5 in magnum is a little overkill for this guys purpose. maybe if i was innawoods and a bear wanted to maul my pooper, then i'd absolutely love to have a 357 with me
>>
>>31206349
>Colt
>Commander sized 1911
>.45ACP
>muh stoppan powah
You must be like 60+ or something.

I'd rather suggest a Kahr T9 or an M&P 9 Compact, optionally an M&P Shield with a grip extension, 9mm Luger can perform pretty much as well as .45ACP if we're looking at any non-shit defensive ammo, the only really good reason to carry .45ACP these days is if you feel you handle it's admittedly different recoil better.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 633x348px
OP again
Anyone got a particular opinion on the Sig&Sauer P938 [pic related]? I saw somebody mention they've got one, and was curious what the general consensus was on this gun [pros, cons, etc].
>>
File: sw642.jpg (188KB, 993x744px) Image search: [Google]
sw642.jpg
188KB, 993x744px
>>31206366
>snub Magnum
GTFO, Magnum loads are objectively pointless in snub guns, .38 Special does basically the same thing with less recoil and flash when it comes to itty bitty barrels.

That said, snub .38s are perfectly viable light carry options.
I would recommend a S&W 642 or Ruger SP101 for a modern snubbie. The Ruger LCR also, which can be had in .380ACP too, if you want that.
>>
>>31206780
Love mine. Only gripe is the price.
>>
>>31206780
I know a dude who carries one and loves it.

He was very angry at Sig's customer support though, something about how they tried to screw him on shipping.
>>
>>31206780
>pros
kills bad guys deader
>cons
harder to shoot
>>
File: 20160903_182609.jpg (686KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_182609.jpg
686KB, 2048x1152px
>>31206731
Mein nigger.
>>
>>31206731
nah, im a 20 y.o. actually. i have a large build and huge hands and i love the recoil. subjective and purely opinion, but I still stand by my suggestion
>>
>>31206827
>>31206825
>>31206823
Sounds doable to me. S&S site showed there are even a few places near me with them in-store. I guess I'll go check them out. Thanks for the input.
>>
why not a glock 26
>>
File: 20160830_212800.jpg (971KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160830_212800.jpg
971KB, 2560x1440px
Will compact 1911 grips fit on a 2075?
>>
>>31207127
>no night sights option
>no rail to make up for lack of night sights
>>
>>31208556

Install night sights and carry a flashlight. Night sights don't help identify targets in pitch black darkness.
>>
>>31206366
>snub nosed 38 spl
>itll stop anything

Thats a negative ghost rider. Even a +P .38 spl doesnt have the energy a 9mm JHP does. I own both. If i had to go with a round to stop a bad guy on PCP, Meth, ETC, id choose 9mm JHP all day over .38 spl
>>
>>31206825
Ah yes the angry gimp.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.