[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sig 553P vs HK SP5K

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (363KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
363KB, 2048x2048px
Which would you get?

They're roughly the same price ($2600) and I plan to SBR either one.

These are just for fun for me, so I don't care about the efficacy of the cartridges from the short barrel lengths.

The SP5K will cost more because I'll have to get it clipped and pinned with a paddle mag release. I might also be tempted by a tri-lug barrel. But 9mm is much cheaper to shoot and isn't nearly as eardrum-shattering from such a short barrel length.

On the other hand the 553P is 100% Swiss made goodness. Real 55X guns haven't been available since the prebans, which are all $5000+ now.

Which would you get?
>>
>>31205016
>Which would you get?
personally, I wouldn't get either of them
they are both ugly and pointless (at least without the stock) and too $$$ for my liking
if I wanted SMG-pistol just for fun, I'd get vz-61 ($200 where I live)

but If I had to choose, I'd pick SP5K, because of reasons you mentioned
>>
>>31205262
I said I would SBR them, which might have went over your head, but in the USA that stands for short barreled rifle, meaning I am going to put a stock on whichever one I get. I agree they are pretty pointless without the stock. It's $200 to the ATF to get permission to SBR.
>>
>>31205016
SP5K all day for me.

Get a PDW stock and an MP5K foregrip (after SBR stamp, ofc), now that's some good shit.
>>
File: TFB-2015-86-660x440.jpg (84KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
TFB-2015-86-660x440.jpg
84KB, 660x440px
>>31205016
Neither. I'd rather have a B&T APC9 or 556 for about the same price.

And I'd rather have a Zenith over the SP5k, at least until H&K releases a full size with a tri lug.
>>
File: zenithz5k (3 of 17).jpg (107KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
zenithz5k (3 of 17).jpg
107KB, 1000x540px
I just recently bought a Zenith Z5P from Copper Custom and I am happy with it. I have my AR for longer ranges. I just sent my $200 tax stamp off so hopefully it will be back soon so I can SBR it. I can't speak for the Sig or the H&K, but my Zenith clone works smooth as fuck. just buy a Zenith for less money. I've even been told that they're more reliable than the H&K. It has a paddle mag release too.
>>
>>31205016
9mm SBR>223 SBR
>>
>>31205394
I've actually looked at those and they seem really nice. Everyone raves about how well made they are. However if I'm spending this much money on a gun like this it needs to have some sort of cool factor to it. It seems like a nice gun but it doesn't have any history really. Doesn't get my rocks off.

>>31205433
That's definitely the smarter thing to do but part of the allure of both of these is buying a classic and recognizable firearm design produced by one of these old and respected European manufacturers. So a lot of it is just being able to say it's a genuine HK MP5 type firearm. But saving $1000 is tempting.

My most recent form 1 got approved a couple weeks ago and took 4 months. Yours will probably be a bit longer because tons of people submitted forms before 41f.
>>
>>31205016
Jesus for that price you can get an MPX, an optic, a stock, and the stamp. And that shit rund better than the MP5 & clones.
>>
>>31205705
So? I'm not interested in the MPX.
>>
>>31205787
>half as expensive
>shoot 3 different calibers
>mechanically superior
>piston driven

Enjoy your outdated technology at twice the price.
>>
>>31205016

MP5 is cool but outdated and overpriced/

The Sig is fine, but overpriced. At least it's in a rifle caliber.

The MP5 is one of those guns that you feel you need at least one of. The Sig is more practical. Your choice.
>>
>>31205262
>bitches about being a poorfag
>can get vz-61 for $200
>>
>>31205599
B&T is a very good company, in fact they manufacture a lot of parts for H&K themselves like their suppressors, stocks, rails, etc.
The APC9 is a very likely candidate to replace the MP5 in a lot of places in Europe if they decide to drop their MP5s but still want a SMG.
>>31205599
I would still rather the Zenith/Turkshit over the SP5k currently. The lack of the tri-lug is really killing it for me. I would gladly even drop $3k for one, if only it came with the damn tri-lug.
>>31205705
>>31205825
Yeah, then he's stuck with an MPX which is made by SIG (first red flag) and is just a lazily scaled down AR in a pistol caliber that's using a gas system (pig disgusting).
>>
>>31205825
Enjoy your fad gun

>>31205867
I feel like the Sig is the less overpriced of the two. Even in Switzerland and Canada the SAN rifles are super expensive. The SP5K seems like it would be much more fun to shoot but it will probably be $400 extra between the stock, foregrip, and gunsmithing, not to mention the $200 stamp.
>>
>>31205999
The tri-lug doesn't bother me as much as the lack of the paddle release. I actually saw one of these SP5K's in a store and messed with it several weeks ago. The button release kinda blows.

I've heard real MP5k barrels are super expensive. I'd probably just get mine threaded and sleeved with some sort of faux tri-lug setup.
>>
>>31206080
>The tri-lug doesn't bother me as much as the lack of the paddle release.
It should. The paddle release is an easy and cheap fix that a number of H&K certified smiths offer to do. ~$150 and done.
The barrel is a far more difficult situation to address that also costs a lot more.
>I'd probably just get mine threaded and sleeved with some sort of faux tri-lug setup.
The MP5k/SP5k barrel is flush. You literally have no option for mounting any muzzle device on one.
>>
>>31206133
If a real MP5k also has a flush barrel then I wouldn't bother with it. The only thing I'd want on it would be a suppressor (which I have none right now) and that would kind of kill the compactness anyways.
>>
File: Sig 553.jpg (981KB, 2783x2036px) Image search: [Google]
Sig 553.jpg
981KB, 2783x2036px
>>31205016
Been there, done that. Picked the Sig.
>>
>>31207008
Are you American? The diopter 553's are less common in the US. More expensive
>>
>>31207075
Yep, I'm 'Merikan. Had it for about 2 years now. When I bought it the diopter and railed version cost the same. Of course you are a terrible person if you didn't get the diopter.
>>
>>31207141
So you've got one of the M+M imports. I felt the same way about the diopters for a while but I knew I'd be putting a T1 on there so i started to lean more towards the railed model since the rail is welded on. You must have paid a shit ton for yours

I'm actually starting to lean more towards the SP5k, but I'm scared I'll regret not getting a 553 if they stop importing them and they shoot up in price like all the other SAN guns.
>>
>>31205705
>promoting exeter shit
back in the oven, chaim.

if you weren't a shilling faggot you'd suggest scorpion evo.
>>
>>31205433
>giving money to roaches
>>
>>31207481
maybe if we gave roaches more money the kardashians wouldn't be alive right now.
>>
>>31205016
>SP5K
>literally a SP89 with a rail
>releasing the same gun 26 years later
>>
>>31205394
Get their tp9. It is a sex.
>>
>>31207428
>all brittle plastic blowback with banana-split mags. I'll pass.
>>
>>31207566
Nobody is arguing against that. Sp89's are mad expensive on gunbroker though. The reintroduction of the mp5k pistol is welcome.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.