[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best machete a man can buy? Currently looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: s-l500.jpg (6KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
6KB, 500x277px
What is the best machete a man can buy?
Currently looking at the Gerber Gator Bolo Machete. Thinking about buying it
>>
>>31204873
bmp
>>
>>31204873
bump
>>
File: MAPAR20.jpg (36KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
MAPAR20.jpg
36KB, 750x750px
>>31204873
>>
>>31204873
Full tang kukri
>>
File: that's not a knife.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
that's not a knife.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>31204873
https://youtu.be/sFRfBhUqPwc
>>
>>31205047
y is it so good?
>>
File: 1472568528462.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472568528462.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
https://www.coldsteel.com/products/machetes.html

>Did someone say the highest quality machetes?
>>
>>31205082
what makes that brand so good? never heard of it
>>
>>31205103

They make quality products with little to no flair, for affordable prices.

Most of the machetes are $30>
>>
>>31204873
if you want to buy machete for machete work buy some central american stuff. north murrican companies go full spergers when they design machetes that end up being shit at everything a machete should really do.

i recommend you to start watching videos on how to use a machete and the guys tell you what they look for in machetes and why.

unless it's a wallhanger then whatever dude. gerber machetes are all without exception shit. and it largely has to do with the rubberized handles and the tangs not the blades.
>>
>>31205082
is the cold steel sawback alternating teethed?
because if not then it's useless.
>>
When I was looking at blades awhile ago tramontina was a name that came up quite a lot.
>>
If you want a machete for clearing brush and typical jungle use, get a Tramontina or a TOPS .170 or .230. If you want a Machete designed for use in North American temperate scrub, get a Condor Baryonyx. Parangs from Condor TK and MYparang are good for clearing light scrub. Avoid Gerber, Cold Steel, and most other American companies like the plague. They're riddled with tacticool. The ESEE machetes are good, too. Condor blades from El Salvador mounted in ESEE quality micarta.
>>
>>31205152
good cheap entry level choice automatically thrown at people that never used a machete in their life. it's really walmart tier quality tho.
>>
>>31205119
>Little to no flair
>Fucking tactical katana, gladius, and chinese war sword
>>
>>31205200

>The steel is shaped different OH MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

No polish finish, no hand jerked wooden handles, no fancy pommels, or woodsman pals.
>>
>>31205486
Polish finish is less expensive than coating your blade, not to mention superior machete makers like Condor don't polish most of their blades.
Blade shape is extremely important when with any knife, if it wasn't all knives would just be butcher knives.
Try using that retard fucking gladius in the jungle.
>>
File: 2a5n1iw.jpg (83KB, 1599x753px) Image search: [Google]
2a5n1iw.jpg
83KB, 1599x753px
>>
I have had that shitty Ozard Trail Wally World machete that was $9 and still is $9. Bought it when I was le edgy and 15. Ten years later and it still works great. Chop the fuck out of wood with it, baton it and still use it for camping. It's in my pickup now.
>>
>>31204873
Tramontina or Ontario Knives are always good, affordable options.
>>
condor pack golok for light to mid size work

condor engineer bolo if you need to go back to the world war

cold steel any machete if you need super light stuff, or you want to find out how autism feels
>>
File: 1471834323298.jpg (33KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1471834323298.jpg
33KB, 500x281px
>>31205082
Is Cold Steel really that good? I'm considering getting their Cutlass or possibly their Gladius. Any experience using their products?

Also does anyone here have an opinion on M48? They seem more tacticool than tactical, but some of their stuff looks interesting.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.