[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone built a Sten before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Sten_Mk_II.jpg (58KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
Sten_Mk_II.jpg
58KB, 800x610px
Thinking about building a Sten Mk.2 as a next project, any advice? Also I've never fucked around with NFA items, do I have to fill out a separate form for an SBS and a machine gun?
>>
>>31204792
if you build a machine gun you don't need an SBR stamp

hell even I know that
>>
My dad use to handle them all the time when he was a kid in the Middle East. Said they would get really hot really fast. That's all I have to say about the sten.
>>
>>31204814
Told you I've never fucked around with NFA shit
>>
File: 1345884967533.jpg (403KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1345884967533.jpg
403KB, 2000x1500px
This guy browses /k/ and often posts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72e70t2bXrk
>>
>>31204828
also how the hell do you want to get it on the registry ?
>>
>>31204838
What do you mean? Like a serial number? You have to make your own serial number if it's a new manufacture
>>
>>31204816
Also if you hold it by the mag you're gonna have a bad time assasinating Heydrich.
>>
>>31204854
>Also I've never fucked around with NFA items, do I have to fill out a separate form for an SBS and a machine gun?
>machine gun
what registry could I possibly mean ?
>>
>>31204792
I've been thinking about the same. Stens are cool. But are they really difficult to build? Are there plans out there? It'd be sweet to be able to point at it and go "yeah, I built that".
>>
>>31204966
Apex Gun Parts has a few parts kits for cheap and Sten Parts has everything else you need. Doesn't look too hard, just need a Dremel and an Arc Welder.
>>
>>31204966
Considering the sten and it's brethren have a whole design philosophy of "we need a billion dirt cheap guns that a caveman can build and we need them now" no, they aren't hard. A M12S or something would be somewhat difficult.

The average high school shop student could probably build one based on description if they really tried.
>>
File: dmdwarsaw3.jpg (2MB, 3508x2264px) Image search: [Google]
dmdwarsaw3.jpg
2MB, 3508x2264px
>>31204966
>are they really difficult to build?

Of course not, anon. That's the whole thing with Stens. Their design is retardedly simple, and anyone could make one if they really wanted to.

Why do you think they were big in European resistance movements? Barely trained Polaks were making them in their basements and garages.
>>
>>31204907
...good point. If the parts kit is pre-1986, could I get around it because of that? Or would it not count? I really don't know too much about how to register these kinds of things which is why I'm asking around here.
>>
>>31205105
The BÅ‚yskawica operated differently to the sten but the cheapo make in the basement design theory was part of it's design.
>>
>>31205256
Did it really? I thought it was pretty much a copy.
>>
>>31205295
There were lots of Polish STENs copies, the Poles manufactured the most STENs out of all resistance movements, but the BÅ‚yskawica functions differently and isn't just a sten with a different stock or whatever, still a neat basement gun.
>>
Wait, wait. I thought all new MG's were outlawed by the 1986 legislation. You're telling me you can still create a full auto weapon from a parts kit as long as you register it...?
>>
>>31205501
That's what I thought, i'm probably wrong though
>>
>>31205501
You can but only if you're a ((more equal)) animal.
>>
>>31205519
>>31205544
https://thearmsguide.com/2349/full-auto-is-legal/
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.