[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military academies are a thing if the past When the average

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 1466878859001.jpg (13KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466878859001.jpg
13KB, 400x300px
Military academies are a thing if the past

When the average person was an iliterate retard who needed a guy with a degree called officer to command him in war

Nowadays officers atent any more intelligent or educated than soldiers or NCOs

And if they were,it is sure not because the retarded things they learn in the academy

For God sakes, the average soldier training is more difficult than the officer training
>>
File: Jessup.jpg (141KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
Jessup.jpg
141KB, 800x572px
>>31204620
Fuck off and die.
>>
>>31204643
>>
>>31204620
Reread what you just wrote and go sit in the corner and think about how you can be less of a dipshit
>>
File: 1472384987383.jpg (279KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472384987383.jpg
279KB, 720x720px
>>31204620
>Nowadays officers atent any more intelligent
>atent

This is why we need highly-educated officers.
>>
File: enlisted vs officer.jpg (74KB, 564x794px) Image search: [Google]
enlisted vs officer.jpg
74KB, 564x794px
>>31204620
>t.enlisted pleb
>>
College is just a shitty, historical-inertia-abetted, classist/credentialist way of filtering for an extra +1SD of IQ.

If we didn't do it through college, we would still need some way to filter for better candidates.

Like most 20th century bureaucratic norms; it's a poor execution of valid reasoning. That doesn't make it untenable.
>>
>>31204643
>>31205465
Found the butthurt butterbar
>>
>>31204620
>For God sakes, the average soldier training is more difficult than the officer training

No its not. Officers get shat on ten times more at their basic equivalents. The disicpline is much more rigourous and they are actually expected to perform or they will be kicked out. Any dumb shit can be dragged through basic training, officers have to actually show progression or they will be dishonorably discharged. Not to mention it lasts for 18+ months.

When I was in the Navy I had to work for a bunch of young officers getting their bridge warfare qualification. 6 of them had to notices to show cause because they werent performing well enough. They literally were scolded for even showing up and trying to be officers. Enlisted ranks who dont perform get called dumb shits then left alone.
>>
>>31205465
>i can't believe they beat us, don't let the enlisted see me cry, don't let them see me cry, don't...
>>
>>31206836
This.

It depends on your branch and job, but an officer is actually responsible for shit. Junior enlisted are just responsible for their gear and doing their jobs, an officers job is to be responsible for his subordinates.

That said, you can be smart and have college education and be enlisted. A degree gets you into the army as an e4 from the get go (saves you two-ish years of promotion time).

The real money maker is the housing allowance honestly. Many officers get it from the get go, versus living in a barracks. Just get married and cruise comfortably through enlisted life while working on saving money and taking classes part time for post-bachelor's shit.
>>
>>31204620
You are not helping your case.
>>
>>31204620
From what I understand, in the australian defence force officer training (at least at RMC Duntroon, IDK about ADFA) is tougher than the enlisted training - you have a slightly longer first phase of basic traning (80 days for enlisted, 84 for officers assuming no delays due to medical issues or whatever) that covers mostly the same stuff (officers get extra traning for squad leader weapons e.g. grenade launcher attachments and stuff). then an extra year of officer-specific traning e.g. tactics and strategy, management stuff, and so on.

Only once that is completed do you get to go on to your corp-specific training schools e.g. armoured, artillery, whatever.

You're also expected as an officer to either enter with a university degree or to get one during your career - it doesn't matter what degree though unless you're going into a specialty that needs it e.g. surgeon.

So maybe officers are not neccesarily more intelligent than enlisted (although the higher requirements for entry make that more likely), it's that they have a better education and so have a higher baseline for "soft skills" (e.g. project management) and applied problem solving experience during their first few years.
>>
>>31204620
The Brits tried using untrained officers in WWI because the expectation was that a nobleman should already be trained and ready to lead men in battle by virtue of their position. This got most of the adult male nobility killed or maimed. War has not become less complex or challenging since 1918.
>>
>>31210396
In the USAF at least, it's getting to be practically mandatory to have a degree to make E7.
>>
>>31204620
>iliterate
>atent
>were,it
>because the
>the average soldier training

Bait/10
>>
File: 1466740346717.jpg (45KB, 736x492px) Image search: [Google]
1466740346717.jpg
45KB, 736x492px
>wtf am I reading

You better be on a phone or else I have no excuse for you
>>
>>31206836
>dishonorably discharged
You don't get DD'd pretty much at all unless you literally murder a fucker or something equally heinous. You'll just get hit with a general discharge as "unfit for duty" or at worst a less than honorable which can be changed to general later on.
>>
>>31210606
That's kind of odd - do you know the reasoning?

I'm guessing they want a reserve of SNCOs who could quickly be commissioned as officers if there was ever a serious officer shortage.
>>
File: 1454872124813.gif (637KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
1454872124813.gif
637KB, 400x222px
>>31204620
>t. I have no idea about armed forces
>>
>>31210659
In Australia if you dont make the cut as officer you get dishonorably discharged. Its like a catch 22 because officers can resign. As a result many cadets throw in their resignations with such virgour so they can avoid DDs however due to the bureaucratic process many of the end up with fucked careers and ultimately get booted out on their ass with no quals and a black mark on their name. Its worse then being a shit fight OR with a ROSO.
>>
>>31210559
Ay? BEF was a tiny force that did amazingly well for the amount of men it had before getting wiped out, I've never heard anything about Kitcheners armies officers being untrained
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.