[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a good officer /k/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

What makes a good officer /k/?
>>
>>31204107
being good
>>
A beret
>>
time as an nco
>>
Empathy.
>>
One that inspires bravery but listens to the non commissioned officers as well. All in all, commisioned officers are big picture, whilst NCOs are the small unit leaders that truly win wars. Since the napoleonic time, the burden on the NCO has increased dramatically in the west. However in the East, though there are NCOs, like in Russia and China, they are nothing but a cut above conscript. A good Officer relies on training and the expertise of his senior enlisted to accomplish assigned missions.
>>
>>31204159
Preach
>>
>>31204107
whoever that guy is he's fucking AESTHETIC
>>
>>31204159
>nco
at least 2 years enlisted would be nice.
>>
>>31204229
Would be, but they have a completely different mission. The glory of the officer corps died long before we were born, in Korea (for America). Officers, in my opinion are more tradition, but they still serve a purpose, the burden of command.
>>
>>31204159
That's dumb as fuck

Just because you wasted two years doesn't mean everyone else should.
>>
>>31204107
Not being a slut
>>
fuck age limits
>>
>>31204107
If you have to ask, then you can't.
>>
hang all nobles
>>
>>31204207

Czech general and if I remember correctly the current military head of NATO
>>
>>31204159
Why? He doesn't need to know how to be an NCO. That's why he has NCOs. Any time an officer spends as enlisted is wasted, from a professional development standpoint.

There's a reason most mustangs flame out at the O-3/O-4 mark. By that time, everything they've learned as an NCO is useless and they're competing against younger rank peers who don't have to unlearn a whole head full of enlisted behavior, skills, and outlook.

Inb4 WPPA, no, I retired at E-6. I just happen to know the difference in function between enlisted and officer.
>>
>>31204326
And you're a fucking idiot. He graduated from Annapolis, was a commissioned officer and a nuke.
>>
File: sean-bean-sharpe.jpg (38KB, 367x520px) Image search: [Google]
sean-bean-sharpe.jpg
38KB, 367x520px
>>31204159
This, or a right-hand SNCO to show him how to walk on a leash and behave.
>>
being prior enlisted

and remembering, just because you are in charge, you are not better.

Mustangs were always the best officers I served under. My last mustang company commander's safety brief was "cold beer in a hot shower is awesome and don't do anything to screw up my weekend, dismissed!"
>>
>>31204159
boot detected
>>
>they call them mustangs
Military is cringy as fuck

And it seems like most of the junior guys are looking for a daddy.

Is that true? You want a fucking daddy? I can be your daddy, anon.
>>
File: Baaaaaahbob.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Baaaaaahbob.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
Scottish officers know how to do it. 2 SCOTS is were it is at.
>>
>>31204449
OCS/ROTC/Academy babies have to be trained later by their NCOs to be proper soldiers.

Mustangs already know their field craft and know how to follow and lead already.

Yeah, they are going to not retire as high as the others. Though, if your primary concern as an officer, is the rank you retire at. Then you don't deserve to be an officer.
>>
>>31204107
The gift of the silver tounge
>>
File: navy officer uniform.gif (26KB, 222x408px) Image search: [Google]
navy officer uniform.gif
26KB, 222x408px
>>31204725
You mean he can talk and debate like any self-respecting male?
>>
File: sgtsteiner.jpg (31KB, 320x297px) Image search: [Google]
sgtsteiner.jpg
31KB, 320x297px
>>31204107
A man who cares for his men, and is battle hardened, like Feldwebel(?) Steiner here.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.