[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WW2 Alternate History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: dp26.jpg (31KB, 400x269px) Image search: [Google]
dp26.jpg
31KB, 400x269px
What do you think the Soviets would have done if they had to do a landing at Normandy Beach?
>>
>>31203589
Drowned.
>>
>>31203589
Lost tbqh, the human wave is what those bunkers, artillery, etc. was designed for and that is all the Russians were ever really capable of.
>>
They'd have to build a navy, first.
>>
>>31203589
Not well tbqh. The Soviets might have gotten scary good at sweeping mechanized offensives towards the end of the war but amphibious assault wasn't really their forte. It was one of the areas in the invasion of Manchuria where they started to run into trouble and that was after begging LSTs off the US.
>>
>>31203589
Died in the millions and still won the war
>>
I love thought exercises like this. I can spend hours each day wondering how history would have differed if instead of landing at Normandy, the US and Brits and the rest had assembled in Alaska and crossed the Bering Strait to invade Germany by complete surprise.

The combined forces of us with the Soviets would have been unstoppable.

Another good idea would be for the US to ignore Japan and wait for them to overrun Australia and India and then do a land-lease with Chile and let them slice through the long Japanese supply line.

I love crazy theories like these. My dad and grandad were career military so I have lots of insider knowledge.
>>
>>31203696

of course i meant "lend-lease" when we supplied Chile.
>>
I think they would have come in by air mostly. They would have just blanketed the Germans in paratroopers after bombing the ever loving fuck out of their defenses, and shelling it from offshore with whatever boats with guns they could muster.

Their amphibious force would have been almost an afterthought. Even though it still would have been pretty large. I just picture thousands upon thousands of dudes in rubber rafts being kicked off the side of weaponized fishing trolleys, pretty much kayaking into Normandy and still putting up a fight.
>>
>>31203736
>I think they would have come in by air mostly.

I realize the Soviets had millions of men to throw away, but imagine a few hundred thousand infantry with no trucks, no artillery, no tanks, no food or ammo except what they dropped with.

That would have been fucking hilarious, to the Germans, at least.
>>
>>31203693
this
>>
>>31203736
I think they would've saved the pe8s and TB3s for bombing instead
>>
File: confused screaming.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
confused screaming.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>31203765
>Using 1944 era Commie parachutes
>>
>>31203589
>What do you think the Soviets would have done if they had to do a landing at Normandy Beach?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Offensive
>>
>>31203693
>>31203797
>Died in the millions and still won the war with US aid and lend lease, otherwise they all would starve and defect, thus lose the war
ftfy.
>>
>>31203696
Play Hearts of Iron IV anon
>>
>>31204114
Literally the worst shit around
>>
>>31203618
The machine gunners at Omaha literally ran out of ammo and destroyed their rifles by firing them to much.
>>
File: 1434834423571.jpg (209KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
1434834423571.jpg
209KB, 600x574px
>>31203808
Kek they just hold on to it while it takes off or what lmao fukin ruskies i luv em
>>
File: 1470633087460.png (20KB, 1229x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1470633087460.png
20KB, 1229x1031px
>>31203696

>Crossing Alaska, into Russia, to attack Germany
Ivan was an ally of convenience, why do you think the cold war started right after WW2. Also, why allow Germany to mass its forces on as few fronts as possible? You can only fit so many chess pieces on a board before moving becomes a pain.

>Let Australia and India be overrun
Do you know how fucking stupid it sounds to allow the nips to have even more cities to rape?

>I have lots of insider knowledge
Gotta be 18 to post here kiddo.
>>
>>31203589
They wouldn't. Soviet amphibious tactics were completely different from their US equivalents
>>
>>31203696
>My dad and grandad were career military so I have lots of insider knowledge.
>>
>>31204208
I hate the AI, especially in alliances. They want the player to do all the heavy lifting, ignore defending from stupid offences, start offensive wars whilst losing others. Oh, and AI is designed to interact with the player. I played as Brazil and the US immediately began Monroe doctorine, ignored a Japanese/German invasion, and intervened in my unlrelated war, simply so i couldn't take over bolivia
>>
>>31203696
>Japan overrunning Australia and India.

kek.
>>
>>31203642
They had a navy you fucking moron
>>
They wouldn't. They lack a large enough fleet to support such an offensive. Did you forget that normandy was the single largest amphibious invasion in all of history and that russia's navy was tiny at the time?
>>
>>31203589
>soviets march into the water
>slavs drown
>pile forms in the water
>slowly builds a bridge of dead slavs for army to march across
>>
will this fucking meme of "durr hburr hoomin waves xD" ever die
>>
>>31203589
The Soviets would just keep attacking wave after wave.
>>
>>31205211
Yeah that fleet that was surrounded by mine fields in Lenigrad and Kronstadt... or how they shipped vast majority of their Naval Manpower to the Red Army.

The Soviet Navy was virtually non-existant in WWII aside from being Naval Defense Batteries (some times from half sunken ships) and City Anti-Air Defense. The only ships they had that wern't stuck by blockades were lend lease captured Romanian ships or old WWI era ships (sadly on par with their actual fleet of WWI era ships).

The only success their Navy truly had was submarine force but that was severely limited by German/Finish ASW missions and inflicted very heavy losses on them.

Russians even attempting a Naval Breakout of either of their main fleets to raech normandy would've been a larger disaster than their dreaded dogger banks trip to the sea of Japan.
>>
>>31203589
most likely would have lost. rather poor with their amphibious history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerch%E2%80%93Eltigen_Operation
>>
>>31206733
>lose more men on attack and defense than Germans do
>cry when people say you're shit at war

Weird
>>
>>31207076
This poster is a nazi
ignore him
>>
>>31207193
No need to be so upset.

Russians get their asses kicked by everyone.
>>
>>31203589
Spend months sending a constant stream of under trained and under armed soldiers to die until the bodies stack up and block the German positions.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.