[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pocket 380's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: dsc_0881_0.jpg (805KB, 1823x1474px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0881_0.jpg
805KB, 1823x1474px
Sup, Ballers. I have been toying around with the idea to get a pocket 380 as my first handgun. After some research I have narrowed it down to a few options. I was thinking of either getting the LCP Custom, Kahr p380 or the Keltec P3AT. I was looking for some testimonials from you lovely fellas. I'm mostly interested in the LCP custom and want to know as much as I can from people who have shot it.

Thanks in advance

Also this should be a pocket pistol thread.
>>
File: GetDynamicImage.jpg (51KB, 652x556px) Image search: [Google]
GetDynamicImage.jpg
51KB, 652x556px
Damn, nigga. Thats a small azz gun, famalam.
>>
my dad has a kahr cw9 and swears by pocket carry, i never even notice it in his pocket either
>>
i have shot a p3at and a regular lcp. although the lcp is a p3at clone i liked the lcp allot more. i have not shot the p380 but did own a kahr cm9 and loved the fuckin thing. sold it to fund another gun. wish i hadent.
>>
>>31203044

Why anyone would ever get the LCP without a crimson trace boggles my mind. The custom is interesting and I like the trigger much better but the the raised sights can cause a problem with pocket draw and standard with the CT is a much much better self defense pocket carry option.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31203044
I'm carrying a Beretta Pico currently, I've been pretty happy with it, had it about a year and a half.
>>
>>31203086
I happen to be a fat ass with big pockets, so I don't see snagging being an issue. I really like the idea of having raised sights just so it's a little more fun to shoot at my buddy's range
>>
>>31203044

I had a lcp. It was perfect to carry in my waistband. Used to carry it when i was in college. Yeah, illegal, but it was so tiny no one ever knew i was carrying.

I hated it tho. Couldnt shoot it straight more than 10ft. The barrel is so short and the trigger pull is so fucking much that all the rounds are off target from just pull the trigger.

You either have to get a hair trigger on it, or get a bigger gun. Dont listen to all the beta fag gunshop owners who will all say the same line "you'll shoot yourself when you put it in your pocket" with a hair trigger.

I never had a round chambered. And yes, i had to pull out on three dudes that tried to jump me from behind. I never trained to pull out and chamber a round, and with all the panic and rush of danger, i still was able to, in one motion, pull out the pistol and chamber a round while raising this pistol towards the goons.
>>
File: 1458241730733.gif (426KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
1458241730733.gif
426KB, 285x190px
OP here and trying my best to not be a fag. I'm also interested in some of the best rounds to put through a small 380 like this. My google skills pointed me to lehigh defense and ball ammo and stay away from frangible/hollow points.
>>
Another slightly more stylish option is a colt mustang. Basically a better looking p238 without night sights.
>>
>>31203109
awesome, what kind of accuracy are you getting out of it?
>>
>>31203044
You should try shooting one sometime, if you have large hands they can be quite uncomfortable.
I wouldn't recommend one to a novice even if their hands were well sized for it.
>>
>>31203049

Whoa, Black Betty
>>
>>31203086

These pocket pistols are pretty much never fun to shoot. My buddy has a custom and I have the standard w/ CT and while the custom is better it's still not "real gun" better.

>>31203139

That's ridiculous. I regularly group within 3-4 inches at 7m with mine. Your grip and trigger pull both sound problematic with the small frame.

Also SD carry without one in the tube is stupid.
>>
>>31203288

aimed at >>31203134
>>
>>31203186
Not great, but it's a super tiny. Reliable headshot at 5 yards, reliable man-sized target at 10-15 yards. The sights are pretty good but it is a one-finger grip for me, and the bore is a bit high.
>>
How bout a slightly larger 380. Would anyone recommend a ppk? Or is it better to just jump to 9mm when working with slightly larger handguns?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2457x2447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2457x2447px
I ankle carry a Bodyguard 380 at work everyday and more often than not around town too because it's so small.

I recommend it.
>>
>>31203044
Is $125 a good deal for a Davis P-380?

I'm absolutely dirt broke, but I want a gun to carry. Found that used in local classifieds.
>>
>>31203157
Fmj will over penetrate. Most 380 hollow points in defensive rounds are going to penetrate around 10 inches. That is more than enough to reach the vitals on any human that has ever lived.
>>
>>31203879
For another $100 you could buy a brand new Ruger LCP
>>
>>31203701
i have one two. just wish the trigger pull wasn't so fucking long
>>
Please don't get a subcompact as your first handgun. Shooting pistols well is difficult enough as it is. When you pull down on the trigger, the extra weight and space for your hands can be very forgiving.

At least compromise and get a regular compact 380 or 9mm.
>>
>>31203232
>>31204865
Listen to these people. Don't get a subcompact for your first gun. Get something medium sized and practice, then move to a subcompact when you're ready.
>>
>>31203109
Im an amature jeweller when im not busy shitposting on /k/, out of curiosity what's the rest of your wedding band look like?

From what at can see I'm looking at 2mm wide, maybe 3. Silver, likely.
>>
>>31203044
Just an FYI, the LCP Custom is even smaller than you think, and will try to jump out of your hands. I had to adjust my grip after each round I fired when I tried it out. You might like it though.
>>
>>31203649
PPKs are comfy guns. The weight of the frame just feels right.

I own a Bersa Thunder .380 that I got for Christmas last year. I love it, and they're significantly cheaper than a PPK, while being similar aesthetically. Also, good luck finding any new PPK's that aren't .22LR, if you want new.
>>
>>31203044
>Keltec P3AT.

if the gun's name is a pun

it's a piece of shit
>>
>>31203701
Has your gun been reliable? Mine is on second trip to s&w. Might take a loss on it to fund a g43
>>
What 380 is good carry ammo?
>>
>>31205555
The kind chambered in .45
>>
my first gun was the LCP. It's picky with range ammo, and terrible first gun to try to learn shooting. Got an LC9s 3 months later. Great trigger loved that upgrade. Got a Glock19 three months later again. All of these I carried, I've been upgrading in size mostly. I'll use the LCP or LC9s on occasions where I have to wear a suit but even then I can deep conceal the glock.

TLDR just get a glock but if you must have a pocket gun I recommend skipping the LCP and getting the LC9s (stricker version)
>>
>>31203044
beware of the DAO trigger pull with these things. they tend to be so bad that a noob wont be able to hit center mass at 7 feet.
>>
>>31203044
What about Bertha Thunder?
>>
>>31203044

Just get an LC9s its not much bigger than the LCP and you'll get to hang onto your testicles.
>>
>>31203049
I have a P380 and an LCP. Like the LCP much more but only because I got a lemon P380.
>>
>>31203044
OP, I'm going to try to address a range of topics brought up from different people, but no matter who else I'm quoting, this post is intended for you.
>LCP Custom, Kahr p380 or the Keltec P3AT
-Kel-tec has a horrible reputation of dreaming up fantastic gun designs and then assembling them with Lego quality. Avoid.
-Kahr can be hit or miss. I've owned two of their 9mm's and both had issues with failures to return to battery so I ended up selling them. Maybe if I'd shot them more, they would have broken in more adequately, but I don't want to fuck around with guns that are unreliable until you shoot more than 500 rounds through them.
-The LCP is the only gun in your list that's actually worth a damn, and it can be hard to shoot for people who haven't mastered trigger control. I would absolutely NOT recommend it as a first gun.
>>31203059
>my dad has a kahr cw9 and swears by pocket carry, i never even notice it in his pocket either
It takes a certain kind of physique (i.e., your waist must be wider than your thighs) to actually conceal a gun's profile in a front pocket. People who are at all fit or thin tend to find it impossible to even conceal an LCP in their pocket. I have a 34 waist (should be 32 if I were a little more fit) and even I can't pull it off.
>>31203109
>Beretta Pico
I would lean toward the Pico myself if I were to get another micro .380, but there were a few very negative reviews when the gun first came out. Not too sure I can recommend.
>>31203701
>Bodyguard 380
Light primer strikes and broken lasers are common themes in reviews.
>>31205441
>LCP is even smaller than you think, and will try to jump out of your hands. I had to adjust my grip after each round
Any of these micro .380's is going to be tricky to shoot, but having to readjust in between shots is not normal. Training and grip strength should solve this issue.
>>31205742
>LCP. It's picky with range ammo
I've owned two LCPs so far. Neither has given me even the hint of a hiccup.
>>
>>31205740
Don't be that guy
>>
I love my LCP for the ease of carry. I don't shoot it for fun. I can hit well enough at 3 yards, which is all I need it for.
The guns that are easier to shoot are too heavy/big for what I wanted it for.
>>
>>31206004
I've owned two LCPs so far. Neither has given me even the hint of a hiccup.

could you tell me what brand/type ammo you ran and estimate of how many rounds? Thanks. I really hate that this gun is picky. I might send it in to Ruger to have them fix it or replace it.
>>
>>31206004
>I've owned two LCPs so far. Neither has given me even the hint of a hiccup.

could you tell me what brand/type ammo you ran and estimate of how many rounds? Thanks. I really hate that this gun is picky. I might send it in to Ruger to have them fix it or replace it.
>>
>>31203044
I like the LCP but fucking hate the "Custom". The trigger feels even shittier than the stock plastic one somehow, and the huge sights are just retarded on a pocket pistol. They make the pistol marginally more easy to be accurate with but severely increase the chance of snagging.

I had a Gen 1 LCP with the longer trigger and barely-sights and it was perfect for its role. The trigger was smooth, the sights were usable if needed (generally not used though), and it was very reliable.

The Gen 2 is fine. A shorter trigger pull isn't bad and the sights are raised but still low profile.

From what I've seen the post-price drop pistols (both the base Gen 2 and the Custom) have taken a hit in quality. When I bought my original Gen 1 they were $300-$350 new. Fit and finish was fine and I never had a problem with function. On the new pistols the plastic frame feels cheaper, the bluing is definitely poorer, and QC seems to have taken a hit.

My brother's Custom had some problems including the trigger pivot pin
popping out under recoil. Ruger fixed it, but still. Go look and you can find seemingly increasing rates of failure. His bluing was also laughable. Then again the gun was $220 new. Base models are closer to $200 now. When you take 1/3 off the price, quality is going to take a hit. That's understandable.

Kahrs are fine but their magazines are dogshit. Just test your pistol thoroughly before carrying it and make sure all your mags work. Good luck dealing with Kahr's customer service, they're the worst I've ever had to deal with.

Kel-Tec is Kel-Tec. The gun is cheaply made and held together with screws with little to no quality control. Kellgren is a brilliant designer but a horrible manufacturer. You might get a pistol that runs reliably for dirt cheap, you might get a total pile of shit. They have a a lifetime warranty but don't expect service to be that great or turn around to be particularly quick.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31205004
Gold and white gold.
It's quite a bit wider on the top side.
I measure 3mm on the bottom and 9mm at the widest.
I've lost two of the diamonds, what would be a reasonable price for replacing the small one with an equivalent diamond and putting a ruby in the center?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31206004
I mostly got the Pico because:
- I'm a bit of a Beretta fanboy
- It's literally the thinnest of the pocket 380's
- It's got better fit and finish than most of the other options in this category
- It's capable of handling really hot +P rounds

I've got 950 rounds through it since January 2015, with 9 failures on factory loads.
>>
>>31203649
I have a galco pocket holster for my PPQ
It's too bug for Pocket carry makes an obvious gun shape in your pocket.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.