[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: baby.jpg (86KB, 568x414px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
86KB, 568x414px
I'm currently nogunz but trying to correct the record. I've got all the administrative stuff figured out, and now i've got to chose a gun.

I thaught about a SIG because:
>9mm is cheap, easy to find, easy to shoot.
>Made in my country.

Knowing that i'm quite a gun illterate person, what should i check in a gun to know if it's in a good condition ?

Furthermore, which on the SIG P22x line would /k/ recommend to a beginner ?

Thanks a lot.
>>
Buy a cheap hi-point instead
>>
>>31201940
get a rex zero 1 bro
>>
>>31201940
it's like picking out a horse, you have to check its teeth and eyes first. Look down the barrel and make sure the crown is in good condition, then put your finger into the action and magazine well to make sure it's clear of debris. Pull the trigger repeatedly whilst doing this to make sure the trigger isn't sticky. Flip all the buttons to make sure they're oiled and shake it back and forth to loosen any bad screws. If you're buying a Sig make sure there isn't any mud in it either, Sig's attract mud. If the sights line up and the hammer goes down, you're all set and ready to enjoy your new pistol! The best Sig is the 2022 btw, a bunch of losers are going to tell you to get a P320 or a .40 caliber but ignore them.
>>
>>31202125
Are you like mac's bitch for shilling Slav shit?
>>
I feel that you can't go wrong with a P226
>>
just don't buy a Glock, whatever you do.

Sig
H&K
CZ
FN

but not a Glock
>>
>>31202338
I'm another no pistol that's going through the permit process now, what HK should I get for my first pistol?
>>
File: Sig2022.jpg (51KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
Sig2022.jpg
51KB, 640x425px
>>31201940
If you wanna go with the p226 but want it to be closer to $450 rather than $1000 then get the sp2022
>>
>>31202338
Other good options:
Ruger SR or American
various 1911s
IMI Jericho
Makarov
>>
>>31201940
B-but don't b-buy a Sig because t-they're overpriced!

G-get a G-Glock cause the S-Seals use it!!
>>
>>31201940
P320, awesome gun
>>
>>31202448
Sig is garbage. HK master race.
>>
don't be a hipster. just buy a fucking glock. almost everyone has one and the worst complaint is how it looks.
>>
>>31201940
I'll help you out since everyone seems to be an underage memer

Look for a P226 if you want a fullsize or a P228/P229 for something just a bit smaller.

And for gods sake, do some research on your own. Read the sticky.

https://grayguns.com/guide-to-sig-sauer-pistol-inspection/
>>
>>31201940
If you're set on getting a sig and want a 9mm just get a P226 or P229 whichever feels better. Older Sigs seem to have less problems than some newer models. I would get just a basic model not any of the tacticooled shit.

Honestly for your first handgun I would say just get a Gen 3 G19 because they're cheap, reliable, and you can find spare parts and magazines pretty easily. It's the "boring" option though and some people care more about aesthetics and brand names than performance and logistics.
>>
File: 1439621157436.jpg (51KB, 585x511px) Image search: [Google]
1439621157436.jpg
51KB, 585x511px
>>31202526
>Older Sigs seem to have less problems than some newer models.
>>
>>31202497
I like the way mine looks. If only they made frames that were Home Depot orange so it could match the rest of my tools better.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 183x275px
>>31202545
Yes because rust is no issue for the navy model sig right?
>>
>>31201940
>Knowing that i'm quite a gun illterate person

then you'll regret getting a 1k$ gun first. Get a Glock or two. if you don't like them, you'll still be able to resell them with the least losses of all guns out there. People who shittalk Glock are just edgy teens.
>>
CZ75B
Z
B
>>
>>31202400
P30SK, I love mine. Easy to find for $600. If you want something more full-size, the VP9 is outstanding.
>>
Holy fuck I fingered a Glock 34 19 and 17 and it's like the gun was made for me. The grip is just fucking great. Finger the gun you want OP
>>
>>31202410
>2022
SIGs are quite cheap here in Switzerland, due to police officers selling their old ordonance pistols. It's around 500$.
>>
>>31202448
SIG because i'm Swiss and fuck austria. Also because they're sexy as fuck.
>>
>>31204347
although often maligned to hell and back, the grip angle on the glock is the most ergonomic and most conducive to propper and fast shooting. stay mad 1911 fgts.
>>
Get a sig. Save your money and get a Mk. 25, or at least a German one.
>>
>>31205223
What about the legion? Legion or mk 25
>>
>>31205281
The Mk. 25 is a proven design with the short extractor and an excellent finish. Don't listen to the memes. The legion is a fine pistol I'm sure, but I don't know if it's worth the extra price.
>>
The real answer is go to a rental range and get whichever one is most comfortable for you. Berettas are my favorite 9mm
>>
>>31201940
Beretta 92fs nigga. Superior aesthetics and performance.
>>
>>31207491
>Superior
Comparable, they both passed military testing.
>>
>>31202338
Why no glocks? The ATF is running them as default now.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.