[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Electronic Earpro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: electronic-ear-plugs-48.jpg (54KB, 260x310px) Image search: [Google]
electronic-ear-plugs-48.jpg
54KB, 260x310px
What does /k/ recommend? I'd prefer not to spend $300 on this stuff, but I also like earplugs over earmuffs.Post your earpro if you've got any
>>
>>31197113
Surefire EP4s. $13. Electronic Ear Pro is only needed if you absolutely cannot take it off for an extended period of time and absolutely need to hear people talking.
>>
In ear electronics are not going to be sub-300 by any stretch.

I've got some sport ears. Love em, doubling up with some sordins makes even .50s sound flaccid while still being able to hear everything perfectly. But that's like $1400 in earpro and you'd have to be a massive fucking retard to do something like that.

I hear good things about TEP-100s which are relatively affordable.
>>
File: muh earpro.jpg (49KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
muh earpro.jpg
49KB, 880x660px
>>
File: best hearing protection.jpg (44KB, 730x445px) Image search: [Google]
best hearing protection.jpg
44KB, 730x445px
>>31197113
cheap elecronic muffs with max volume + plain old "christmas tree" -style re-usable plugs.

great protection, and you can hear normal conversation just fine.
>>
File: 20160818_161242.jpg (246KB, 1691x951px) Image search: [Google]
20160818_161242.jpg
246KB, 1691x951px
>>
>>31197213
>>31197217
>>31198143
This. Olny $40 on sale

The muffs are fine by themselves mostly
>>
>>31197217

/thread

Muffs aren't enough. Plugs can fall out. Both will make you go deaf.

Plugs under e-muffs are best of both worlds.
>>
>>31198259
What are they called? 6 fucking people talking about them, no one naming them.
>>
>>31197217
i also use both. i used to only wear plugs (outdoor ranges, mind you) but then i noticed a high pitch noise when using the vacuum. then a few months ago, i realized i have tinittus in one ear. its not bad at all bc i can only hear it whens its quiet, but it still kind of sucks.
>>
>>31198409
Lehigh Impacts or whatever
>>
>>31198409
3M Howard leight impact sport
I think that is the full name. They work pretty well and if things are too loud doubling up will do the trick and you can still hear people well if you turn the volume all the way up. They run about 40$ on amazon and work really well, a friend used them and a pair of over ear 300$ ones and he said the difference wasnt enough to justify the cost.
>>
File: Patrick spongebob question.jpg (16KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
Patrick spongebob question.jpg
16KB, 240x200px
Can I use the Howard Leights while hunting deer from a stand? I'm going on my first hunting trip soon and not sure what the earpro etiquette is.
>>
>>31198604
I shoot only outdoors the only couple times I doubled up were when my buddy mag dumped his ar from the bench over, and before I knew the proper way to shoot my wasr, the stock would knock one of the muffs off my ear when firing but not enough to completely fuck my ear, just enough to make it uncomfortable.
>>
>>31197217
This. My ears are *very* sensitive, and REEEEEEEEEE very easily, and worse, my ear canals are so tight I can rarely get foam plugs in all the way (they just squash up against the entrance). Electronic muffs by themselves don't seal well enough to protect me, either; but, if I use both, and turn down the volume while shooting, then I can shoot for quite a while with only minimal temporary damage.
>>
>>31198697
You may have to re-learn how to cheek weld properly to keep from losing the seal around your ears, but it's doable. Test a few shots first, and wear ear plugs underneath the muffs.
>>
File: photo_2016-09-02_22-04-51.jpg (363KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-09-02_22-04-51.jpg
363KB, 1280x960px
>MSA
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.