[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: fitty_cow.jpg (844KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fitty_cow.jpg
844KB, 3264x2448px
So say I'm innawoods and a bear rolls up. I draw pic related and dump 6 rounds of .44 magnum into Mr. Grizzlefuck. Do I now have permanent hearing damage?

I've always wondered about this. I carry a lot of .357 but I've never had to shoot anyone or any animals. I've shot .38 target shit without earpro but I'm pretty sure 5 rounds of heavy ass self defense loads is gonna make me deaf.

Also, should I buy pic related? I know some people hate on new smiths but I like mine. If I get this fucker it matches with the model 60 and 627 with the faggot barrel design.
>>
Wear electronic earpro that not only lets you hear things below 85db but actively enhances low noises
>>
>>31195186
I've thought about doing that if some shit actually went down but thats not the question. Niggas aren't walking around the woods hiking with earpro.

Its great that you kill the bear and didnt get mauled in the anus and all but now are you permanently deaf? Do people in self defense shootings end up with a lot of hearing loss? Especially fucks like me that only have shotguns, AKs, and revolvers.
>>
dump 147 grain 9mm fmj into its brain. huge revolvers are a meme.
>>
>So say I'm innawoods

Will firing a magnum repeatedly without earpro hurt your ears? Try it and tell us.

>should I buy pic related?

How else are you going to test this hypothesis for us?
>>
Fired a 12 gauge without ear pro once when I was 13. Made my ears ring for ~10 seconds, but I don't have any EEEEEE thank god.

Wouldn't do it again though.
>>
>>31195271
I went hiking with electronic earpro and a shotgun a couple weeks ago. Git gud.
>>
>>31196026
Dude, I always hunt without ear pro. Mainly 16 and 12ga. No problems, it's more of a low thud than piercing ear rape
>>
>>31196053
This, people think it only takes 1-2 shots to get hearing damage. it would take years without ear protection to get anything permanent
>>
>>31196132
But that's dead wrong. Stop perpetuating that myth, any exposure to noises above 85 decibels has the potential to permanently hearing. Gunshots are roughly 150+ decibels at the muzzle.
>>
>>31196457
Well yes and no. I know people who work at 90 db for hours a day with no ear pro, and have been for most of their adult life, and they have hearing loss, but can still hear pretty good.

I've fired shit without ear pro. A dozen or so 112 gauge, about the same in high powered rifle, and a few hundred rounds of .22 when I was a kid. I'm from fuddville Canada so nobody here wears ear pro while hunting, and most people only put a dozen or so rounds through their guns to check zero before hunting season, so I never knew the difference. Most of the time out of a (relatively) longer barrel on a hunting gun it's not even going to ring your ears if its a 12gauge. Rifle rounds will. The real problem is when someone shoots when they're next to you, thats when they ring. Being in an inclosed speace, around a lot of trees, or in an open field also makes a difference.

Anyway, unless you want to walk around innawoods with ear plugs in or with muffs over your ears getting all sweaty and gross, just keep carrying and don't worry about it. The likelyhood of you ever even needing to shoot are pretty low. And you'll probably have hearing loss, but it won't be noticable. Maybe some tinnitus after, but you won't go completely deaf.

Cops don't wear ear pro when they're on the job. CC'ers don't wear ear pro all the time. A lot of hunters don't either. Whatever is attacking you is a bigger concern.
>>
>>31196457
>at the muzzle.
That's the key here. It'll suck and there may indeed be some hearing loss depending on the surroundings and any muzzle device but the further from the muzzle your head is the better.

686+ had me ringing and hating life for 3 days. Couple years of shotgun hunting wasn't so bad. More variables than just dB
>>
>>31195174

>Do I now have permanent hearing damage?

Probably, but it's probably only to an extremely minor degree.

Keep in mind most military combat arms (ie: artillery, armor) didn't use hearing protection until relatively recently.

Major damage occurs from chronic exposure to loud noise. A single occurrence is probably going to leave you mostly with some short-term deafness and a small amount of long-term damage.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.