[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hammer vs Striker, Positives and negatives.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (159KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 1024x743px
Personally Ive always preferred hammer because of aesthetics. I actually sort of like having a high bore axis too but Im considering adding a striker to my collection. The Glock 19 and Walter PPQ are supposed to be best on the market but that little trigger safety looks like it would bother me.
>>
>>31194682
rather P30 based off of the USP and thus is nicer, granted the VP9 is nice
>>
File: 1464216160647.jpg (74KB, 370x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464216160647.jpg
74KB, 370x600px
>>31194682
If you ND with only a trigger safety, I've got bad news for you: you were going to ND even if you had a grip, magazine, and manual safety.

I've got a G23, and it's one of the only guns I absolutely refuse to sell even if my life depends on it.
>>31195063
>P30
>nicer than the USP
>>
>>31194682
>Glock 19 and Walter PPQ are supposed to be best on the market but that little trigger safety looks like it would bother me.

Literally

LITERALLY

P320. And that isn't even accounting the "high bore axis" because it isn't even that high but definately consider the P320C.
>>
Mine was a lemon but the 320c has a wonderful trigger.
>>
>>31195086
I mean that in head to head comparison the p30 is the better choice compared to the vp9 in my opinion
>>
>>31195086
He is right, it is nicer than a USP. what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
I'm sorta uneducated when it comes to handfuns. Can someone educate me as to the differences and pros/cons of striker fired as opposed to hammer fired?
>>
>>31198106
Hammer fired can be safer when holstering, and it generally means a better trigger and break in SA mode. They also have harder primer strikes for SMG ammo.

Strikers are simpler and easy to maintain. There is very little way to jam up the action.
>>
>>31198106
Well it's weird because "striker fired" in modern usage just means "glock clone", ie no manual safety and you need to manually cycle if it fails to fire
>>
>>31198106
hammer fired means you're either going to have a double-action only trigger which most people think sucks, or it'll be single action and can be carried "cocked and locked" which necessitates using a manual safety.

striker fired pistols usually have a longer trigger pull and no safety. the trigger is not as heavy as a DA gun, but it is long.

in general most people prefer striker fired for a carry gun since you don't have to fuck about with a safety and a hammer gun for the range for the improved trigger of a single action, but there are plenty of exceptions to everything i just said
>>
>>31199043
>hammer fired means you're either going to have a double-action only trigger which most people think sucks, or it'll be single action and can be carried "cocked and locked" which necessitates using a manual safety.

Or you use LEM and get the best of both worlds.
>>
>>31199093
What's LEM?
>>
>>31198214
>you need to manually cycle if it fails to fire
If a quality modern handgun fails to fire, you'll probably have to manually cycle it.

"Muh second strike" is a dumb fucking excuse for learning how to TRB in any circumstance of an FTF. Light primer strikes like that rarely occur unless your pistol is itself defective, in which case you should have realized that long ago at the range.
>>
>>31199120
Its their version of DAO. It has an internal cocking piece that is separate from the trigger bar. Your take up is all return spring which can be 5-8 pounds depending on the version. The break is a crisp 5 pounds. If you get a dud you have a 20lb re strike feature, but most people just tap rack bang.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.