[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ S.T.A.L.K.E.R Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 17

(Hermine havoc edition)

With the onset of labor day weekend coming about and the pansy ass hurricane rustling everyone's jimmies, I felt a bit bored and now wish to do that S.T.A.L.K.E.R challenge I always see on this board.I do have questions though that need awnsering.

- First do any of you have that info graph explaining the challenge?
- Second, what the fuck am I supposed to do for a day squatting around in the woods with vodka?
>>
>>31193522
>mobile poster, so not with me
>Drink, Squat, Play Harmonica/Guitar/Accordion, sing Russian WW2 songs, collect/chop firewood, not worry about things, I'm sure woods are perfecly safe friend
>>
>>31193563
Shit, now I need to learn an instrument too?I'll see if they have a harmonica in Walmart.

Thanks dude.

I'm going to try and find that infograph though, might as well do this right.
>>
>>31193601
just bang a harmonica a bit. you don't need to learn it.

Bonus points for only slavshit and gasmask.

you can find the infographic ironically on /tg/ 3rd party archives from when we sent it over there to look at it as they archive everything
>>
>>31193661
Can confirm what this guy said. Harmonicas are basically always in key if the rest of the accompaniment is in time, so just bang out whatever you want. If you want it to sound bluesy and upbeat make most of your notes in-breaths, aside from that not much to it.
>>
>>31193813
If the rest of the accompaniment is in key ^^^^
fuck
>>
>>31193522
>- Second, what the fuck am I supposed to do for a day squatting around in the woods with vodka?
Look like a fucking retarded maniac.
>>
File: 1461643098735.png (272KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461643098735.png
272KB, 1400x1000px
>>
File: 1463881562295.jpg (405KB, 2048x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1463881562295.jpg
405KB, 2048x1150px
>>31193522
I have the infographic, but have an updated one on my phone, but it is not hard to find more if you want it. I have done it before, it is what you make it. To do it best find something abandoned or unnaground or you are just innawoods and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is not all that innawoods.

>get the damn harmonica, just learn out in the field, go to a Cracker Barrel, they have them by the counter, get some vintage candy and soda too, is good stuff, you buy
>carry as little as possible
>eat only canned meats and such(remove the labels for extra fun) or hunt squirrel and song birds
>make a hobo stove from a big can or a smaller can of paint thinner(go to wallyworld and look for chemicals in hardware that are cheap enough to throw out or never use for the can)
>if you want to go all in get a Compaq Ipaq pocket PC
>start memorizing some old Russian songs and some general phrases in Russian
>bring a journal and sketch things(challenge of keeping it dry)
>use a plastic sheet or a cut up big clear trash bag as rain protection in camp
>have fun, you are being a total retard for the hell of it and because some anonymous fucker on the internet is telling you it is a good idea, don't take it too seriously, but if you want to go all out try to stay in an accent the whole time
>dress in slavshit, a must
>really get away from the world, challenge yourself to keep you phone on airplane and use it only as a camera(do it in one charge)
>just play the fuck out of that harmonica

Have fun, fellow S.T.A.L.K.E.R, get out there and be cheeki breeki.

>ask them if you have more questions
>>
>>31195701
>Ask them if you have more questions
>Ask them
>Them.

I wouldn't worry about it.

But yeah; read, write, harmonica, maybe plink if possible
>>
File: stalker.jpg (132KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
stalker.jpg
132KB, 900x506px
>OP has died of acute radiation poisoning

So much for giving a shit about your own thread...
>>
>>31193522
>Been wanting to do S.T.A.L.K.E.R. challenge.
>too lazy to do it
Blyat
>>
May do a stalker challenge or something similar with my friend and possibly my nogunz friend if his schedule permits.
>>
i did a stalker challenge a while back in virginia, i wrote about it on here a month or two ago.

i don't know if it got saved, or if anyone is interested in a reiteration.
>>
File: 1472495378074.png (298KB, 448x392px) Image search: [Google]
1472495378074.png
298KB, 448x392px
>>31195701
Can I have some of that updated one?
>>
File: il_570xN.548039242_jqnp.jpg (143KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.548039242_jqnp.jpg
143KB, 570x760px
>>31193522
Me personally I take my mate. He takes some pictures, we play guitar and shoot trees, we drink a bit, debate rails on ak's, stare at the sky (while squatting).
Just make of it what you want.
>>
>>31198574
Are you the anon who went to that old house for 2 days? I loved reading that story.
>>
>>31199240
hey, yeah. that was me.
it was pretty cool to see someone find the house on google earth. warmed my heart.

it's great that someone remembered. glad you loved it, man. that, too, warms my heart.
>>
>>31199277
post it
>>
File: IMG_20160822_101801.jpg (461KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160822_101801.jpg
461KB, 2560x1920px
You try it once you'll become a stalker like me. There is no return to normalcy
>>
>>31199277
This >>31200987
>>
>>31195701
Where the hell am I supposed to find abandoned structures?
>>
>>31202774
You can always change it up and visit Detroit. Plenty there.
>>
>>31202802
Canuck here, so I can't really head to that shithole. Woods are plentiful however, although I think resting in broken down structure would be more fun
>>
File: 59594224.jpg (195KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
59594224.jpg
195KB, 1024x768px
>>31202774
Here is what you do, from the poster you asked.

>go to your nearest city
>rustbelt is awesome for this
>find the now defunct industrial district
>find a building that isn't in niggertown
>take up residence
>start moving from building to building and make sure the entire area is abandoned
>like if someone sees you they don't report you type abandoned
>do as you please

Alternatively
>Detroit
>anywhere in Detroit

Alternatively
>start looking up old military bases and strong points
>old defensive points from WWII are out there in force if you look
>in the area of massive military bases are usually parts of firing ranges that are now wildlife/fallow areas Pautuxent across from Fort Meade is a notable example

Alternatively
>go in some dense ass country
>abandoned houses are everywhere
>literally if you go for a drive you will find some
>or better yet find a road that is dotted with them and make it a hike up the road staying at each

Then after all that work, I read you were a Canadian, and all this was aimed towards an United Statesman. I guess you could just go into a small city and see what happens. I've only been to Toronto, and didn't see all that much that one could stalk in, but I'm sure that if you put in the time you could find a place. Where exactly are you?(I'm in a little known place called Delaware, I am not about to track you down) I have a tropical storm brewing off my coast right now and nothing to do except do pointless research.
>>
File: NB.jpg (71KB, 1574x886px) Image search: [Google]
NB.jpg
71KB, 1574x886px
>>31202867
I've only ever heard of Delaware once in my life, is it the least known state in general.

Anyway I do live in a shithole by the name of New Brunswick Specifically in an even shittier hole called Blackville. (Which is entirely white)

I have rested in this giant mill that has been abandoned for 11 or so years, although last year they installed security cameras in it and the police were looking for me and my friends.

To my knowledge it's the only abandoned building in the immediate area, although there's probably some in neighboring towns.

Tropical storms suck man, last one that struck here knocked the power out for over a week
>>
>>31195701

I never got the 60 rounds of ammo limit on the master challenge. What is so masterful about that? You're not actually going to run into snorks and brain scorch zombies and mutants and shit out there, and the challenge forbids cooking or eating anything but shelf stable food, plus you're only out there for 3 days so it's not like you're gonna be hunting.
>>
>>31202932
About how far are you from Fredericton? I'd say you have the best chance in that area. The way I have always seen it done for going to an area to stalk is take a day to scout the area, then later after preparations are made, go find a bus station in the area and leave your vehicle there. If Fredericton is within 2-2 1/2 hours of driving go there and scout for the day. In regards to the quality of what you would find I'd say your best chance is there.

>DE is unknown to everyone except asshats from new Jersey that think because our beaches are 50 mile south that they are better
>>
Any good spots for North Carolina to go, the eastern part is shit.
>>
File: 1469703563877.jpg (74KB, 706x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469703563877.jpg
74KB, 706x1024px
>>31203047
I'd say it's a good 2 hour drive to Fredericton. Surprisingly, I've only been there a couple of times. It doesn't really look like it would have that many derelict buildings but i'm sure i'll find some. it's a big place.

I'll check the place out senpai
>>
File: 1454624544517.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454624544517.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>31196429

Fuck you, I had shit to do before I go tracing off into the woods you jackass.
>>
>>31203106
That sounds rather perfect then. I have pic related near me. Didn't properly do a stalker chalenge in it, but a while ago the factory changed hands and me and some mates went in and checked it out. Every town has a place.
>>
File: 1451872188644.jpg (46KB, 569x404px) Image search: [Google]
1451872188644.jpg
46KB, 569x404px
>>31203138
>finally get to use this image
>>
File: 1441106322141-0.jpg (58KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1441106322141-0.jpg
58KB, 500x412px
>>31203087
I'll give it a shot. More exact location?
>>
>>31203227
Eastern NC, New Bern
>>
File: Mill.jpg (63KB, 805x397px) Image search: [Google]
Mill.jpg
63KB, 805x397px
>>31203198
That looks like it would be really comfy to stalk in. If you ever get the chance you should definitely take it.

Pic related is the mill I was talking about. This is some shitty picture I found on the internet so you can't see a lot of it. There are 3-4 more buildings with catwalks 3 stories up and conveyor belts galore. It was fun as hell to explore
>>
File: 1457297474181.jpg (14KB, 480x427px) Image search: [Google]
1457297474181.jpg
14KB, 480x427px
>>31203209
He he he
>>
>>31203227

Just so you know I tried to look, I went to all those abandoned nc sites and when those brought up nothing in my range I went to shotspots to try and see if the picture hippies had seenanything that the urban explorers haddn't.

So far I've found very little.
>>
>>31203326
I'd say to try Goldsboro. The AFB there may have something offsite or no longer in use. If not a city with an AFB should have something civilian that is in a support role with the base, and maybe something no longer in one of those roles. If not Raleigh should definitely have something. If you would like a real drive for something I know is there, a place called Henderson to the north and Oxford nearby is rich in farm houses and barns(if the snake population is not of your concern) my aunt used to live in the area, only reason I know. But for industrial sites Raleigh would probably be your best hope for it.

>here is an article about an old corning glass facility: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/article24734887.html
>>
>>31193522
Any good spots in SE WI? Any 262 fags about?
>>
>>31203463
I'll head to Goldsboro, and if nothing is there then I'll try Raleigh.im sure most of the day will be spent finding my 'zone'.I got the vodka the food uner 15 bucks,the harmonica (and a book how to use it), and my sks.

Wish me luck /k/omrads, if you Don't hear from me in three to four days assume I drank the vodka and had a run in with a bear (skinwalker)
>>
>>31204709
Good luck Comrade Tater. This DE fag wishes you luck, and reminds you that tincan fires are most satisfying and that 5.56 is not a healthy diet. Please do not go onto the AFB and get shot.
>>
File: 3jdcMWD.jpg (909KB, 2953x2169px) Image search: [Google]
3jdcMWD.jpg
909KB, 2953x2169px
Can't finish clear sky because i dont have enough bullets. I thought i would be able to go back and buy more after limansk.
>>
Anyone know of any cool abandoned areas to explore in NM?

There are obviously a lot of abandoned towns here, but I'd imagine the ones you find pictures of after a quick Google search would be visited often or close enough to people that you'd have law enforcement investigating why there's a car parked outside a crumbling post office with a dude walking around in camo wielding an sks. Or at the least, some grumpy natives would come to shoo me away.

It'd be cool to be able post up for the night in a building, shoot at rabbits and stuff, drink vodka, etc. I don't want to miss opportunities like this while I'm living out here
>>
>>31207938
Talk to locals. There is always that one guy that knows the lands better than the back of his hand. Just get talking if you have an area in town that attracts that kind of mind. I know in my area there is a group of old guys and farmers that hang around at my local McDonald's before the crackers of dawn drinking coffee and killing themselves with hotcakes. Try to find a group like them. They know shit.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.