[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about buying this .22 to learn how to shoot. Is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-09-02-11-21-08.png (775KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-02-11-21-08.png
775KB, 1080x1920px
Thinking about buying this .22 to learn how to shoot. Is this a good price for this rifle?
>>
>>31191753
Seems like a bit much to spend for a first bolt-action .22. Don't know if it's a good price specifically for that rifle though.
>>
>>31191753

Just buy a 10/22, Anon.

You can get them for like 210 at Walmart.
>>
>>31191766
Reviews are nice. They say the rifle is accurate. I Like How Long The Barrel is.
>>
>>31191781
I wanted bolt action.
>>
>>31191782
>>31191793

.22LR is .22, it's never going to be a long range tack driver.

Go to a big gun store and see what they have. Even if you want a bolt action, you can find much cheaper ones.

Alternatively, go to a place that sells used guns.

I got a Marlin 100G for my first plinker. $100, and it's as accurate as any 50 year old .22LR can be.
>>
>>31191766
That's an average price for those CZs. They're very nice. I'd get the 455 though. It's the newer version of the 452 and has an interchangable barrel/mag system, so you can switch from .22lr, .17 HMR, or .22 WMR easily.
>>
>>31191793
Ignore this I didn't know they came in bolt action.
>>
>>31191753
Try getting a savage. They sell a small single shot 22 lr rifle for cheap.
>>
Literally just buy a ruger 10/22 for 190 dollars at Basspro.
>>
Fair price
Good rifle
Go for it
>>
>>31191825
It's the Ruger American that's available in .22.

But again, the CZ is very well made and they are beautiful in person. But if you just want something cheap to plink with, a Savage or the aforementioned Ruger will be cheaper and more available.
>>
CZ is excellent, go for it. If you really want to learn marksmanship I'd avoid a semi auto
>>
>>31191753
Check your local gun stores and pawn shops for deals every once in a while.
That's a ridiculous price for a bolt .22
>>
>>31191753
28 inch barrel is too long for .22LR. You start losing velo past 22" I believe.

Get a Savage MKII. They make then in a million different configurations in anywhere from $150 to $500+, all of them are dead ass accurate.
>>
CZ makes really nice rimfires. I would ignore the other suggestions and get one, especially if you like .22s. Maybe go with the Lux or Trainer though.
>>
>>31191753
Eeeeyyyyy. I live in Utah, they have their stores here. They used to be my go-to LGS, still sorta are, but I've found an old brick and mortar place that has better prices by about $20 bucks.

Also, yes, it's a good price for the rifle, and it's a rifle that will last you a lifetime. Have fun with it, love it, pass it down. .22's are the bees knees when it comes to pinking, learning, and teaching younger kiddos.
>tfw I only shot .22 after I'd already started on 54r, 12g, 30-06 etc.
>>
>>31191819
>.22LR is .22, it's never going to be a long range tack driver.
Please, Savage Mk IIs can shoot subMOA all day long, and .22LR will hit steel at 300m as long as your scope has the elevation.
If not, just get a 20MOA rail.
>>
The barrel on the Ultra Lux is full retard.

Get the Lux instead.
>>
>>31192961
Explain.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-02-14-02-15.png (151KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-02-14-02-15.png
151KB, 1080x1920px
>>31192600
Last time I check it actually increased velocity.
>>
>>31192980
Well first of all I'd be surprised if the 28" barrel didn't actually slow the bullet vs shorter barrels due to friction, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Lux's 24" barrel did. Obviously that's not desirable.

But the main problem is that it's unwieldy, it tips the balance too far towards the muzzle and it just feels like a long pole. The Lux is at the outer end of what could be called handy, both these rifles are light but not that light for a .22lr. The Lux feels like you're shooting a slimmer, lighter classic-era hunting rifle with it's barrel length, construction and looks. It's personal opinion but I think the Ultra's barrel makes it look dumb, it's out of proportion.

Finally there's sight radius. I suppose that's the entire reason for this barrel existing, but I would say that the radius on the Lux is long enough. Plus you might want to put a scope on it, in which case the extra barrel length is nothing but a drawback. Even a good receiver mounted aperture sight like a Tech Sight is a vast improvement over the stock irons and will nullify the argument for the extra sight radius argument.

Sources: I've shot the Ultra Lux a couple of times and I own a Lux. I suggest either the Lux or the American models, if you don't want irons.

>>31193051
That is not .22lr.

I would bet one testicle that .22lr burns all it's powder in the first 10" and accelerates maybe that again, anything past that and you're trying to fill too much volume with too little gas.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.