[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arguments against universal background checks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Sten!.jpg (47KB, 350x303px) Image search: [Google]
Sten!.jpg
47KB, 350x303px
Hey /k/, I'm sure that most of you are wholly against universal background checks but I was just wondering what the most solid arguments against it are. While I'm against it simply because of principle and the US bureaucracy doesn't need yet another layer, most arguments I hear explain why it's not *needed* and not because it would directly be bad for gun-owners. Are there any arguments completely against background checks that highlight why it's bad for gun-owners besides the fact that you'll have to wait longer before buying a new firearm?

Once again, I'm completely against it as well as people on the FBI watchlist not being able to purchase firearms, don't kill me.

Discuss.
>>
The less power of a government over the actions of its citizens, the better.
>>
You already need background checks to buy or sell in a store. "Universal background checks" is code for "no private sales or trades of guns EVER AGAIN because some nigger might shoot up a 7/11 some day." It's the exact opposite of rational or common sense.
>>
>>31188307
because it would create a backdoor registry, and the government would then be able to come for your guns.

if you pose a constant threat to the well being of others due to criminality or mental illness you shouldn't be free to begin with.
>>
Because this would be a heck of a lot easier than background checks.
http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/09/01/proposal-would-label-bullets-sold-illinois-serial-numbers
>>
SHALL
>>
NOT
>>
I'm against universal checks. It won't stop Jamal from selling Tyrone his Hi point.
>>
File: 1465864099030.png (238KB, 791x1216px) Image search: [Google]
1465864099030.png
238KB, 791x1216px
>>
>>31188534
>http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/09/01/proposal-would-label-bullets-sold-illinois-serial-numbers

I'm fucking triggered. As a Californian it's only a matter of time until I have to deal with this shit and .22LR goes up to five bucks a round.
>>
>>31188307
I don't have an issue with them in theory but the way they are written makes them overly cumbersome.
>hey want to try one of my guns? Lets go over to a gun shop, run a bgc for the transfer, go to range and shoot, back to gun shop for bgc to transfer it back to me

I would much rather NICS be open to the public for voluntary bgc on private sales. That will catch the same minuscule percentage of transfers to prohibited persons as the UBC's proposed by brady/everytown with none of the hassle and expense.
>>
>>31188307

What's the benefit?

When felons buy guns now, it's from people willing to sell guns to felons - Jamal and his crew. Do you think Jamal is suddenly going to say "shit mang, can't sell ya de gat becausss you no can passs de check"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.