[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

starter guns for CC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: gun_question.jpg (8KB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
gun_question.jpg
8KB, 310x233px
>3 black dudes tried to mug my husband on his way home from work
>he got away thankfully
>we are interested in getting CC permits

what would be some good CC options to start with?
>>
Pocket, or inside the waistband?
>>
1) What state are you in?
2) Do you know how to get a CC permit in your state? Are there any restrictions to firearms you can carry?
3) What's your budget?
4) Have you shot firearms before? Do you have much experience with them?
>>
>>31187898
Goddamnit, Matt. We talked about this! Those Vortex promo signs better be out tomorrow too. I know it's my day off, but I'm coming in to check anyway.
>>
M&P Shield.
>>
>>31187898

>S&W Shield
>S&W M&P9C
>Glock 19
>Glock 26
>Glock 43
>>
>>31187915
purse/pocket/ waistband just something that is easy to handle for novice shooters to practice and improve with.

>>31187924
1) PA
2) yes, none from what i have found
3) anything below around or below $500
4) yes i grew up around guns and was tuaght the basics from my father. i am not a very experienced shooter, but i know the proper way to handle firearms. My husband has basic safety knowledge but has only ever shot a gun once in his life
>>
>>31188014
Okay, if you need to keep it under $500 for both I would suggest p-64 surplus pistols

https://www.classicfirearms.com/polish-radom-p64-pistols-for-sale

You can get two shipped for ~500
Keep in mind this takes 9x18mm.
That's 9x18mm makarov or just 9x18mm.
It will not take 9mm luger, 9x19mm or 9mm parabellum.

If you mean $500 per gun I would try to get a used glock 26 or ruger LC9 or LCP.
>>31187967
are good options too.
>>
File: doo gool for you geg.png (5KB, 435x269px) Image search: [Google]
doo gool for you geg.png
5KB, 435x269px
heritage arms 22 lr rough rider in pooper
>>
>>31188064
>used glock for $500
>not getting them new for $415

Try any place other than bass pro shop or dicks
>>
>>31187967

Pretty much this. All are great pieces to carry.
>>
>>31187898

Ruger LCR in .38+P is what I carry.

It's very light, .38+P is a credible self defense round, and there are a plethora of good options for carrying it: I use a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster, and Hill People Gear Snubby Kit Bag w/ a Raven Concealment triggerguard lanyard holster depending on the occasion.

A lot of people are going to try to get you to carry a larger heavier gun, such as a Glock 19. Don't do this. A smaller gun you carry is better than a larger gun you don't. S&W Shield, Springfield XDS, and Glock 43 are also good.
>>
Are you a femanon or a faggot?
>>
>>31188064

>I would suggest an eastern bloc surplus firearm in a weird cartridge

OP, this is a terrible idea, don't do this
>>
>>31188064
$500 for each one (apologies for not specifying)

>>31188196
i dont think i would like a revolver all that much
>>
>>31188243

>i dont think i would like a revolver all that much

Any particular reason?
>>
File: gun_in_hand.png (339KB, 672x403px) Image search: [Google]
gun_in_hand.png
339KB, 672x403px
>>31188243
M&P Shield is a great choice
>>
>>31187898
Important factor here: Are you male or female?
Largely important because ideally if you're going to have a gun for self defense, you both want to be able to use it. My girlfriend doesn't like shooting my .45, she's not good with it, but my 9mm she's fine with for instance.

If you're both similarly built men, then it's no issue but if you're a female you might want to consider looking at smaller calibers so you can both reliably use it.
>>
>>31188268
like i know they are reliable in terms of they wont malfunction or jam. but dont they generally have less safety features then semi autos?

>>31188298
i am female, and yes i would be comfy with smaller calibers (9mm or lower)

since my husband has little shooting experience he would prefer a low caliber too
>>
>>31188394

>like i know they are reliable in terms of they wont malfunction or jam. but dont they generally have less safety features then semi autos?

Most semi autos have a thumb safety, grip safety, or trigger safety. The LCR (and almost every other revolver) has none of these. That said:

-A revolver will almost always have a heavier trigger pull than a semi-auto

-The cylinder spin of the revolver is a safety feature: in a double action revolver, if the cylinder cannot spin, for instance if it is in a holster, the revolver cannot fire.

>i am female, and yes i would be comfy with smaller calibers (9mm or lower)
>since my husband has little shooting experience he would prefer a low caliber too

Don't go any lower than 380, and if you use 380 make damn sure you do your homework on what round to carry. You're probably best off with .38+P or 9mm Parabellum.
>>
>>31188202
>not knowing scotus said you can gaymarry errywhere now2
thanks w.bush's first round draft pick
>>
literally almost any modern 9mm.

S&W Shield or m&P is popular, glock, pretty hard to go wrong with a striker fired 9mm

rent a few at a local range and pick whichever one you like. used is good.

Buy lots of ammo and practice, carry Speer gold dots or similar.

For purse carry, sticky holsters are nice. for inside waistband don't cheap out on holster.
>>
>>31187962
>>31188274
Shield 9
>>
>>31188064

shit advice

>>31188196

>38
>credible defense round
pick one
>>
>>31188274
ive look over a few reviews of the m&p shield and a lot of people do seem to rave about it. but it seems a little bulky for me in terms of printing..not so much my husband though. Is there anything as reliable but more sleek...womens clothing is alot more form fitting than mens.
>>
>>31188583
smaller? maybe glock 43, it's tiny.

carrying on your person you generally have to make some sacrifices with clothes.

printing isn't really too huge of an issue, within reason. people are unobservant. if it's covered and doesn't stick out too much, you're good to go. need to hold one and see how it conceals
>>
>>31188625
nm 43 is slightly larger. they're only an inch wide, pretty easy to conceal.

purse carry is an option, but not ideal
>>
>>31188461
what kind of .380 ammo is best?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.