[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /k/ so autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Why is /k/ so autistic?
>Put a scope on a AK
>Fine

>Put a scope on a SKS/Mosin

NYET RIFLE IS FINE YOU RUIN GLORIOUS SOVIET DESIGN SERGEI MOSIN ROLLING IN GRAVE YOU TAKE BEAUTIFUL RIFLE AND RUIN IT YOU MUST LIVE IN OKLAHOMA/TEXAS/ALABAMA WOW IT'S A BUBBA THREAD

Why does it matter how a rifle is modified as long as it is done well and the owner enjoys it?

Not mine, but pic related. A pretty neat SKS.
>>
Not all of /k/ are slavaboo shitstains who cry at a cheap gun being made better.
>>
>>31182741
its simple
most currently produced aks come with siderails
easy on on easy off
sks/mosin requires permanent modification or hackjob replacing the rear sight
installing a scope mount properly usually costs 100+ which is dumb on a gun thats only redeeming value is its cheap
>>
One requires adding a commercially produced rail. The other requires irreversibly hacking up a piece of history.
>>
>>31182741
#1 they don't make Mosins or SKSs anymore (not that you can get in America anyway) so there is a finite supply of a collectible item. By permanently altering it, you are reducing the supply to collectors, the only people who should be buying milsurp.

#2. You know those kids who get their mom's 94 Civic and add a huge fucking wing, 4in exhaust, and a decorative hood scoop? Same principle applies. You're adding accessories that serve no purpose and are a waste on the gun anyways because you want it to do something it wasn't designed to do, all because you're too poor to buy a gun that already does that shit.
>>
File: SKS od green.jpg (35KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
SKS od green.jpg
35KB, 640x361px
>>31183160
>so there is a finite supply of a collectible item
>like 35+ million nuggets made
>15+ million SKS made
Oh yeah, so finite, there's more SKSs made than Winchester 94s, and those were a smash hit hunting rifle. There's no shortage and there won't be in your lifetime.

>By permanently altering it
Go cry at the Finns, they still sporterize the old things to this day.
A lot of these things are just drop in parts or replacement parts, it's easy to put an SKS back in it's original stock.

>you are reducing the supply to collectors
Who gives a fuck? First come, first serve.

>the only people who should be buying milsurp
Go fuck yourself, milsurp was always an economical way to get a working rifle or pistol, in the early 1900's there was an entire cottage industry based on sporterizing surplus Krag Jorgensen actions, this was going on when your grandpa was in diapers. Today, you can still get a cheap beater Hi-Power or CZ75 surplus pistol from Europe.

Yeah the rifle in OP's picture isn't that amazing of a rifle (the faux detachable mags work poorly), but who gives a fuck if someone puts an SKS in a plastic stock or glass-beds and puts scope rings on an old 91/30?
>>
>>31182741
>>Put a scope on a SKS/Mosin

If you want a Mosin with a scope, get a 91/30 PU Sniper. Nobody would bitch about that.
>>
>>31184900
There's no arguing with a prole who has no appreciation of history. Thank God it's no longer cheap to sporterize these things.
>>
File: Lee Enfield (Sporterized).jpg (516KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Lee Enfield (Sporterized).jpg
516KB, 900x506px
>>31185126
>appreciation of history
Some people appreciate guns for what they are, guns.

Mausers, Carcanos, Arisakas, Mosins, Lee Enfields, Schmidt Rubins, Krags and Springfields have all been great working guns for people for several decades, likewise with Garands and Simonovs.
Some still are, because some still are inexpensive and have good sources of ammo (they just don't have the same cheap aftermarket that the Mosin Nagant has).

There's still plenty of these guns left unmolested and in good condition, once the Mosin Nagant becomes inexpensive enough, it will no longer be sporterized, and eventually no longer used as a working gun as it gets scarcer. There's still millions of Nagants which have not been imported to the US though.

They will always be available for collectors after a certain point, they just won't be as cheap for you.
>>
>>31182741
If you put an original Soviet scope, I think it should be fine, but that is kind of an abomination
>>
>>31182741
Autism is a blessing in many ways.

I have a very high paying job solely because I'm autistic. My complete addiction to order and structure has made me indispensable to my company. Stop looking at everything as a negative and look for the positive faggots.
>>
>>31182926
>crapco shit
>better
I dont particularly care if someone fucks with an sks, but there is almost nothing you can do to it that wont make it a worse gun.
>>
>>31182741
who the fuck told you it was acceptable to put a scope on an AK?
>>
>>31186588
They make ok plastic AK mags and a pretty decent AK trigger.
Their furniture generally ranges from mediocre to poor.

>>31188039
Don't see why not.
>>
Gotta think of older guns as like classic cars

Let's say you have a rare, early Rolls Royce, you restore it to original

Now lets say you have a Plymouth Roadrunner, there's alot of potential and a million ways to customize it but its up to you to make sure you dont look like fucking Joe Dirt with shit all mismatched.

An original Luger is like the Rolls, pretty damn rare and you look like an asshole if you mod it

SKS's and Mosin's are like the Roadrunner, dime a dozen and arent great to begin with so no one should give a fuck if you mod it as long as its clean and you dont use garden hose or JB Weld etc
>>
>>31188272
That's a cool story, except for the fact that Roadrunners are rare, faggot.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.