[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What companies/brands are meme tier and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: th09NGK6Z0.jpg (13KB, 271x300px) Image search: [Google]
th09NGK6Z0.jpg
13KB, 271x300px
What companies/brands are meme tier and why?
>>
meme tier? I would say that's a stupid fucking question.
>>
>>31181328
All the time on here I see
>He fell for the Glock/Taurus/Ruger meme.
or something like that. Wanted some definitive answers.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 224x224px
>>31181328
>Gay little stars in logo
>Weak shitty revolvers that break from +p ammo
>Hillary holes
>Average line of average semi autos
>Meme tier steel knife line that is rebranded chink blades
Yup, pretty meme based
>>
>>31181390
Wow, S&W, really? Always heard they were pretty good.
>>
File: glock_logo_2488[1].gif (3KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
glock_logo_2488[1].gif
3KB, 247x200px
>>31181328
This one is basically King Meme.
>>
>>31181459
Why? I know they're super popular, but what makes them so bad?
>>
>>31181474
The ridiculously popular thing is pretty much why they're meme tier. They are literally a meme. Glock is, to so many people, the only handgun that exists. "oh is that a glock?" "that's a glock!" "i got a glock 40 (picture of hi-point". Its the biggest fucking meme on our planet.

They aren't particularly /bad/ guns, but god are they fucking ugly. When you look at how short the slide is compared to the grip, it looks like a normal pistol got Zika during its pregnancy and shitted out the abomination that is Glock.
>>
>>31181419

They are. I agree though that their logo is pretty shit.
>>
>>31181532
I got a glock in my rari
>>
>>31181328
Remington because freedom group = pure unadulterated shit
>>
>>31181381
People say this when you have a different firearm from them and they need to reaffirm their own purchase.

Also all firearms have been memes since minie balls were introduced.
>>
>>31181532
>the subjective appearance is what's really important

Such a fudd.
>>
>>31181381
Glocks are literal memes by virtue of cultural status.
Taurus has subpar quality.
Ruger is kind of okay. The 10/22 is pretty well received.
>>
File: 1472146823233.jpg (197KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472146823233.jpg
197KB, 720x960px
>>31181459
>>
>>31181546
I have an M&P series rifle and the roll mark kinda pisses me off. There's a lot going on down there.
>>
im pretty sure every company has some shit stuff. Ive had a few taurus handguns myself, i have a 5 shot 38 thats been very good and i had a 608 that locked up a couple of times and the hammer didnt stay cocked securely at all. Then again i also have a pt111 g2 that has been flawless for 2500 rounds so far.

the most meme tier gun of all time IMO are freakin derringers
>>
>>31181474

They aren't bad, per-se, but they are losing their competitive edge. Guns made by other companies are coming out just as reliable with better triggers, ergos, and at the same or often times lower prices.

The argument then becomes

>well put in an after-market trigger!
>put on after-market sights!
>put on after-market grips

Then I've spent $700 on a $500 gun when I could've gotten something just as good or better for the same or less.

I mean, I just picked up an FN-FNP 9 for $400, and I already like it better than my Glock.

Glocks aren't bad, but they won't be able to compete if they just stay the course, especially if they continue to lose LEO contracts and if they lose the military contract coming up.

The State Troopers here just went from Glock to Sig, my agency went from Glock to "we'll give you $500 and you can choose from a list of what to carry"

I carry an FNX, but am qualified with a Sig P226, Glock 19, and USP
>>
>>31181571
What about Beretta, H&K, Springfield, and Sig? Any thoughts there?
>>
>>31181607
All shit.
>>
>>31181607
Damn, time to be ashamed of my Px4 Storm.
>>
>>31181607
why do you even care what people on a cambodian basket weaving board have to say on the matter when the overwhelming majority of posters have never even held a gun in their tiny little hands?
>>
>>31181607
Beretta is pretty memey because of the 92FS/M9, but they're solid guns and they don't really approach the memecaust that is Glock.
H&K is kind of an opr8r meme but again, solid guns.
Springfield really isn't much of a meme any more. People know the name but its not a talking point or cultural icon any more.
Sig is pretty memey. High cultural attention and a mixed bag on the quality of the guns. Sig vs Glock is pretty much the semi-memetic pistol war.
>>
>>31181631
Meant to reply to>>31181619
Also meant to ask what you think is good.
>>
File: IMG_20160901_100842.jpg (894KB, 1932x878px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160901_100842.jpg
894KB, 1932x878px
>>31181328
>Ruger
>Meme Tier

HERESY
>>
>>31181651
Nah man I was just kidding. Your Px4 is G2G if you like it. They all have shortcomings and each person likes something different. Not a big deal.
>>
>>31181648
Springfield Armory was never a cultural icon
>>
>>31181631
>>31181651
I wouldn't be ashamed of it. If its a solid gun in your hands and it hasn't failed you and you like the design, ergonomics, and look of it, then be proud of it. Anybody telling you "SIG A SHIT GLOK A BEST" is just looking for post-purchase confirmation.

Beretta, H&K, S&W (sometimes), Ruger (sometimes), Glock, Sig, and plenty of other brands are all good. If you're looking for great, things get a lot more subjective, but pretty much if you buy a well-known name then you're clear. Aside from Remington, who has been dipping in quality for a decade.
>>
All gun makers are memes anon. Every single one of them. The way way to not have a meme brand gun is to entirely build your own. I'm not talking meme parts kits either.
>>
>>31181607

>Beretta

often overlooked in a world with cheap, polymer, striker-fired guns, but they are well made and quite nice. They are soon to be fully eclipsed though, when the last of the M9s are cycled out of military use.

>H&K

their handguns are well-made, reliable, and good to have, even if they can be a little pricey. Their newer long guns have turned out to be plastic pieces of shit that can't hold accuracy.

>Springfield

Went to absolute shit. They are useless, basically paperweights. They aren't American anymore, the manufacturing is done in Croatia, they have frequent manufacturing defects and good luck getting a new one if you buy a lemon

>Sig

Expensive, yet accurate, reliable, and with fantastic ergonomics. I love them, but they are really proud of their shit. Their quality control has slacked a little since they've gotten so popular, but they have a good warranty policy and will right anything that is fucked up. That being said, I've never had any problems with any of my Sigs.

In my opinion the biggest memes around are Taurus, Hi-Point, an probably Colt, Colt does nothing great but still charges exorbitant amounts for their terribly average stuff.
>>
File: image.png (226KB, 1200x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
226KB, 1200x306px
>>31181669
All their owners seem to think so
>THIS HERE GUN IS A REAL WOOD'N STEEL R-EYE-FULL
>MORE REL-EYE-BULL THAN ANY M-JAMSTEEN
*snickering*
>IT'S GOT MORE STOPPIN PAUER THAN ANY PLAY-STICK TOY GUN
>THE MUHREENS IN VIET-NAUM USED THESE TO SHOOT THROUGH TREES AND USE'TA DROP THEIR M-SIX TEENS 'N PICK THESE UP
>HAS ANY BODY SEEN MY SPIT BOTTLE?
>>
Glawk obviously, so popular even liberals know the name.

Kel-Tec is a fucking meme

Sig is like half absolute shit and half pretty good

Taurus is a fucking meme

Remington has gone to shit recently
>>
>>31181728
stop hanging out with fudds then. It's possible to enjoy that rifle while acknowledging its flaws and without being a doofus, I certainly do
>>
>>31181730
What Sig have you encountered that was absolute shit?
And doesn't everybody hate Taurus? It's common knowledge hues can't into gud guns.
>>
>>>>31181767
Not the guy you are replying too but the Sig clones and derivatives of the SG 550 are absolute crap. Their AR-15 style rifles, MPX, MCX are fine. Their AR-15 are slightly over priced though. I have both a MPX and MCX and I love them. The only problem with the MCX is the trigger is absurdly heavy.
>>
>>31181914
Absurdly heavy trigger is what I meant to post. The MCX trigger is one of the heaviest stock triggers I have every used on a modern production rifle.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.