[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swedish mauser optics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: P8171591 _Medium_.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
P8171591 _Medium_.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
Hello /k/, Europoor here.
I recently bought an m96 Swedish mauser for target shooting.
I'm now thinking about using it for hunting as well since we have a lot of hogs in my area and they are fucking up crops so the government declared open season on them.

I would really like to add some optics to it since my eyes are not what they used to be and mauser sights look too fuzzy for me.
The rifle is in decent condition and dated 1903 so I would rather not have it drilled and tapped.
Are there any good non permanent options that also hold decent zero? Does anyone have first hand experience?
I'd rather avoid having to buy a secondary gun since permits are quite hard to get and the whole process takes a long time.
>>
>>31180835
Please dont bubba it anon, just get a hunting rifle
>>
>>31180858
The idea was to get something which can be easily removed so that I only would keep it when hunting. I could always get a shotgun I guess
>>
>>31180925
As far as im aware nothing like that exists
>>
Accumounts makes a no-gunsmithing base kit that replaces the rear sight leaf. Either you use a LER scope or get the really long rail that hangs back over the receiver.

http://www.accumounts.com/swedish-mauser-dual-purpose-mounts-additional-photos.html
>>
>>31180835
Sunday Optics makes a mount that you put on the rear sight base. No permanent alterations, unless you fuck up drifting out the pin I guess.
>>
>>31181155
Sun Optics**. Holy fuck auto correct, you don't know the word SUN?
>>
>>31180835
Dont fuck it up, keep it original and get a cheap used rifle if you want a scoped rifle.
Why buy a classic and then destroy it when you can get a used modern rifle for about the same money that you would spend "modifying" the m96?
>>
>>31180835
just get a husqvarna mauser for like 2k sek.
most of them came with tapped FN recievers without clip and thumb slot
>>
>>31180835
>Hello /k/, Europoor here.
I recently bought an m96 Swedish mauser for target shooting.
Haha yeah right. Everyone knows yurofags can't own guns.
>>
>>31180858

This. There is no smart way for properly scoping Mauser m96 without ruining its historical value. If you need scoped hunting rifle and do not have money, then sell the Mauser and use the money to buy more suitable modern hunting rifle for the purpose.

As it is, Swedish m/96 is one of the best old military rifles for target shooting with iron sights. It just is not a modern hunting rifle intended to be equipped with a rifle scope.
>>
>>31181908
Did you know that in France, the M96/38 doesn't require a hunting/shooting permits to acquire? This is because of dumb manufacturing date laws, which classifies it as an antique.

So you kinda picked the wrong gun to meme on
>>
>>31180858
I disagree. Bubba the fuck out of that rifle.

Most likely the guy is swedish, and there are buttloads of very, very cheap mausers around. Picked up an -06 in very good condition for the price of 6 big macs.

i converted the currency so americans can understand it aswell
>>
>>31182557

It isn't that simple, plus you forget the prices, if it was that simple and the gun was actually cheap we would all have nuggets.
>>
>>31181908
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>31182889
>syria
>afghanistan
><5 per 100 people
>>
>>31182765
Kek
>>
>>31180835
No there isn't. The only serious mount for it is the kind that needs to drill 3 holes into the left side of the receiver.
>>
>>31182778
Any gun designed before 1900 is considered an antique and can be bought by anyone over 18, no license needed, no registration. Yes, it is that simple. There is a list of exceptions though, and the mosin nagant is one of them.
A M96 runs typically for 500-600€.
The poster you're replying to is wrong about one thing though, the model of 1938 is in category C (hunting weapons), and requires a license and registration.
>>
>>31181908
Oh look, this meme again.
>>
>>31183886
It is the same with ""obsolete"" ammo.

On a side note, what's the market like for civvie Mle 1892s?I found a webzone that sells custom-made "obsolete" ammo, among which was 8mm. I've always wanted to have a revolver without having to get a B permit and without resorting to BP. The only thing is, from what I've seen, they're overpriced as fuck in France
>>
>>31182765
>Picked up an -06 in very good condition for the price of 6 big macs

VAR OCH NÄR?! Där jag bor finns det fan inga Mauserbössor kvar! Alla har blivit söndersågade av Bubba!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.