[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good first purchase or no?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 223900_01_lg.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
223900_01_lg.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
Good first purchase or no?
>>
>>31179571
Shit trigger, decent gun. If you like how it feels go for it, but know that its just another notaglock.>>31179571
>>
>>31179571
Get a shotgun or build an AR first.
t. SD9VE owner
When you have the money if you are dead set on a pistol get a police trade in Glock or M&P
>>
>>31179571
1)Read sticky
2)Fuck off
>>
>>31179571
/k/ seems to hate it but I love mine. Basically a cheap Glock clone and modern looking
>>
>>31179571
Ruger9e, better deal
>>
>>31179594
Or don't

I'll be waiting on your long list of reasons why either of those are better options since OP didn't ask for an HD gun.

>spend twice as much building a gun
>>
>>31179571
Add an apex trigger and it's golden.
Or this: >>31180328
>>
I have an older one on pawn (likely to never see the owner pay it off), and I have to agree. Heaviest striker fire trigger I have encountered. The slide, barrel, and frame fit is very loose. If you like it, go for it. But even 100 dollars or more puts you into a much nicer bracket of guns. Wouldn't you pay 100 dollars more to get a Honda vs. a Kia/Hayndai?
>>
Former owner here and mine was garbage. The trigger was stiff and had a grainy feel like sand was in it. The fit and finish was so poor that it sounded like a rattle when I shook it. The quality control was so poor that the two mags it came with had very different amounts of spring tension. It jammed and failed to feed constantly, with either spring.

Save yourself the time and guilt of having to find some sucker to buy it off you like I had to do. It's a turd. I'd honestly buy a taurus curve before owning another one of these. At least that isn't a knock off and has some lol novelty value.
>>
>>31179571
They're big, blocky pistols. The trigger pull is terrible, the slide sucks, the finish is garbage, the grip is smooth. Just get the Ruger if you want a duty size American pistol at that price or pick up an import like a Bersa Thunder Pro
>>
>>31179571
They're alright, but you can do better.
>>
>>31179571
I have a SD40. Really only thing that bugs me about it is a magazine with an even number of bullets rattles.

Trigger feels cheap as well. I never feel like it pulls in a straight line.

Other than that it shoots okay.
>>
Pretty good. Mine eats everything from monarch steel case to Federal brass. It works, just be prepared to pay $40 for extra mags if you want one.
>>
Had one. Loved it. Miss it. Worked great ate everything and even though the trigger was shit so is a Glock trigger. U can remove a spring and cut the pull in half (see YouTube) and it worked better than a stock Glock. My g34 has a grand in upgrades in it (perfection my lily white ass) and barely outperforms my old Smitty. Bottom line the pistol will follow orders if the guy running it knows what he is doing. For under 300 its definitely value enhanced. Just beware pistosls and black rifles are habit forming. Fyi I currently own 9 pistols. Anywho off to a USPSA match.
>>
Classicfirearms has surplus 92s from italian police for 330

Deeply tempted but ive never handled one
>>
>>31183725

>Italian police surplus

Well, you can pretty much guarantee they've never been used..

What are you looking for? Because you can get a new Canik TP9 SF for about ~$20 more and they're pretty damn brilliant.
>>
>>31179571
NO! Try anything else. The only factory made pistol it outdoes off the top of my head is a hi-point or a Nambu.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.