[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF ATF?!?!??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 3bf.jpg (30KB, 479x328px) Image search: [Google]
3bf.jpg
30KB, 479x328px
I need an adult!!!

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf-reclassifies-wetted-nitrocellulose-as-explosive-materials-under-federal-laws/#axzz4IftXXt3N
>>
>>31178346
So basically the ATF just skyrocketed ammo prices for now?

Maybe nothing will happen considering it applies to nearly every major manufacturer.
>>
>>31178346

https://youtu.be/nGqxhUcPk4E [Embed]
>>
>>31178346
>>31178409
>>31178455
>>31178463

FUCK THE 2ND AMENDMENT
>>
>>31178346
Jesus christ, and I need more 5.56
>>
What is the job of this in ammo, the primer?
I was under the impression that most/ all cased ammo was brass+ bullet + powder + primer. Where does "flash paper" come in?
>>
>>31178552
From what an anon posted on /pol/:

Wetted nictro cellulose is a component of smokless powders.

all this new ruling does is make logistics harder on powder makers. As they have to change how they store it, how much they can have on hand, how they handle it, more paper work, more fees, more inspections.
>>
>>31178346
Kill yourself

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160831/atf-delays-any-changes-to-nitrocellulose-regulation
>>
File: 1471761958436.jpg (231KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471761958436.jpg
231KB, 960x960px
as someone outside the US, can you guys explain this to me?

are your overlords going to ban gun powder, effectively ending your ability to reload, so that when the eventual "sales of dangerous military ammunition to civilians" ban comes around, you won't be able to "roll your own" so to speak? essentially whatever sports shooters managed to stockpile will be all they have and once they run out, you have a disarmed nation, without touching their guns or the 2nd

do I have that about right? of is reclassification of powder makes it so you can't reload AND you can' buy new ammo (getting two birds with one stone), since you'll need the explosives license for what's inside the cartriges?
>>
>>31178346
Thankfully it's been repealed.
>>
>>31179199
It certainly seems that is what they're trying to pull off. They're taking the letter of the law of the second amendment and saying that the 2A doesn't apply to ammo.

Now, we're still going to try to fight back against it, but efficacy may be hamstrung the same way the Hughes Amendment fucked us with NFA guns. That being some fucked up circular logic of
>don't ban it, but make it ungodly difficult to acquire
>it falls out of common legal use
>it's now uncommon or rare
>now we can restrict it further and nobody will say much about it because it's so rare that the ruling doesn't directly affect them
>and who gives a fuck about shit that won't apply to them?
>so because it's SO rare....
Etc.

>I legitimately didn't see the girl in that pic for at least 30 seconds
>>
As much as I'd like to be able to afford ammo this isn't wrong. I think it's a good thing the ATF would do this reclassification. I really think the only issue here is why the price would increase and policy surrounding making things more expensive for that classification.
>>
>>31178346
I'm reading that it has been delayed "indefinitely".
Can they bring it back somehow?
After all, it's not like it's put to a vote.
>>
CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM!
>>
>>31178346

>>>>/pol/
>>
>>31178455
Wrong.
>>31179285
Wrong. And kill yourself.

If it's illegal to own anything with 12% or higher, that includes the ammo you currently have.
It also includes LITERALLY 100% OF ALL AMMO IN THE WORLD!
That means all ammo, in the stores, in the warehouses, on the factory floor is now going to be thrown out.
As in there is 0 rounds in the country.
Not "scarce". Not "dried up". 0. Not a single round.
And now that this ammo is considered a high explosive, every gun owner gets felony charges for violating the NFA.
>>
>>31180108
>weapons aren't related to weapons
Fucking kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>31180115
(((These))) people are trying to divert any discussion mentioning their gun grabbing plans to /pol/. He's not a retard, he's a shill taking over the board and control of the discourse.
>>
>>31179285
SHALL NOT
>>
Welp, .22 only by 2019
>>
File: IMG_20160827_182935.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160827_182935.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
You can still have .22 CB cap.
SECOND AMENDMENT STATUS:
NOT VIOLATED
>>
>>31180108
Fuck off
>>
>>31180109
lolno
>>
File: _20160830_144444.jpg (141KB, 1080x1223px) Image search: [Google]
_20160830_144444.jpg
141KB, 1080x1223px
>>31179261
source?
>>
>>31179261
>>31180330
See >>31178346
"Accordingly, ATF has and will conduct further industry outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose. In the interim, previously authorized industry practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected"
At the bottom of the article.
It actually kinda looks like they weren't trying to ban gun powder and didn't realize it would have such an affect.
Or maybe they took gullible out of the dictionary.
>>31180296
lolyes
>>
>>31178346
>nitrocellulose
I'm pretty sure nitrocellulose is used in a lot of different industries not pertinent to firearms. I know its used in insulation.

It probably won't go through cause it affects non firearm manufacturers etc.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
all its gonna take is one federal case to get this thrown out, honestly violating it is the best thing manufacturers can do to ignite a lawsuit so they can get rid of it
>>
This is a massively unnecessary burden for manufacturers and consumers. I'm not surprised though, as that is all the BATFE really is, an unnecessary burden.
>>
>>31180561
See >>31180115
>>
>>31178719
>https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160831/atf-delays-any-changes-to-nitrocellulose-regulation

THANK GOD FOR THE NRA

I just became a life member 2 weeks ago

thank you based NRA

When I heard of this shit a few days ago I felt like shit because i could see the bureaucratic bullshit stacking up against us.

Based NRA pulls through again.

"NRA will continue to work to ensure that any future change to nitrocellulose regulation will not affect ammunition supply. "
>>
File: 1472672314360.jpg (127KB, 400x545px) Image search: [Google]
1472672314360.jpg
127KB, 400x545px
so what is this bullshit that the ATF can just change law in whim? can anyone explain this?
>>
it is but who the fuck cares? this isnt going to drive up ammo prices or change anything. Shut the fuck up you idiots who have no idea how anything works. The WORST thing that will happen now is like a 4 cent increase. Bloo bloo. Panic buy is going to come and go as usual too.
>>
Why does America have an agency that specifically exists to mess with one of the people's God given right?
>>
mcveigh when?
>>
>>31181163
i care, and so does anyone who is not ignorant/understands the concept of the Slippery Slope.

Your attitude is precisely what allows countries to descend into nanny state nightmares. If you do not nip this shit RIGHT IN THE BUD then more restrictions will come, and more, and more.

I should not have to explain this to you but your "bloo bloo" post clearly illustrates your immaturity and your ignorance of how the ammunition & powder industry works.

By a single classification such as this and allowing it to stand as a ruling, you now have a new "kink" in the supply line, and a rule that can be used to create larger problems for anyone storing gunpowder or gunpowder ingredients because "explosives". Oh, you are not a criminal? Well you are now sort of thing.

How about ammonium nitrate? Take a good hard look at the millions of dollars that decision cost the ag industry in storage & reg changes, flow of fertilizer, changes in hundreds of fertilizer formulas, and so on.

You need to be a critical thinker and watch for shit like this. Hopefully you take this post seriously.
>>
>>31181163
Death by a thousand cuts you fucking idiot.
>>
>>31180361
>It actually kinda looks like they weren't trying to ban gun powder
add in the fact that they specifically exempted small arms ammunition and it looks like garden variety incompetence, and not malice
>>
>>31181141
Agencies are given powers to regulate certain classes of products or services. Then they can rule what is or isn't a member of that class. It's how the FCC kicked the ISPs in the dick on net neutrality (a very good thing, btw, net neutrality just means all packets on the network have to be treated the same).
>>
>>31178719
Thank christ
>>
>>31181163
>4 cents more a round faggots
>only 250 dollars more for a suppressor
>only 10,000 dollars for a gun license

Poorfags btfo
>>
>>31183195
>Not sure if sarcasm.
We're the ones most likely to need a gun and access to cheap practice ammo.
>>
>>31183351
It was sarcasm. I was making a point that making guns less and less affordable makes it harder for the general population to own guns.
>>
>>31178719
I guess they're still useful after all.
>>
>>31183195
>>31183351
He was using a hyperbole to show that a single concession towards increased firearm and ammunition restrictions only begets more restrictions.
>>
>>31179285
>this isn't wrong
Yes it is.

>>31180108
Get raped or die trying.

>>31180561
>literally about weapons
Fuck off.
>>
>>31181297
Because the federal gov't doesn't really respect the people or their freedom.

Thankfully, the bill of rights and constitution actually has legal weight in America (in many countries, they have a constitution but parts of it or the entire thing isn't actually taken seriously), so when the state actually violates a constitutional amendment, you can really take them to court for it, and you can even win, because American courts have to recognize and consider constitutional rights.

It's not flawless, and fairly often the state plays dirty, or does shit like this in Secret (PRISM), or it's a localized thing, such as a police department doing something wrong (like the Chicago PD running what was basically a blacksite), but you can fight it in court, and often there are people who can stand by your side, people who will help with covering legal expenses when fighting in court, because they see things like you do, maybe even a lobbying organization will help you with legal fees.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.