[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to join The Lions Of Rojava?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Kurdistan.jpg (83KB, 750x743px) Image search: [Google]
Kurdistan.jpg
83KB, 750x743px
I am considering going to Syria to fight ISIS - but the site for The Lions Of Rojava is down. Does anyone know about any ways to get in touch with them? An e-mail address with PGP encryption is what they had on their website before.

I've tried contacting them via Facebook, but they don't answer my messages...

What gear would I be able to bring down there? I was thinking covering my plate carrier with 'PRESS', and send my optics, holster, uniform, etc down by mail.

Anyone here thought about doing the same?

If it would be relevant; I live in Scandinavia.
>>
Ask in the Syria General threads? You could also try the ones on /pol/. Maybe ask on that other chan.
>>
>>31176556
If you sent your shit by mail you'd likely find that it was "lost" when you got there.
OSP is the way to go.
>>
>>31176771
Syria General threads? Would you have a link for me?

>>31176792
OSP? Could you explain?

Thanks in advance guys.
>>
>>31176811
On-Site Procurement
Basically, get your gear in theater.
>>
>>31176811
see >>31152133
and >>>/pol/87248590
>>
>>31176831
So just like in WoW? You kill someone and loot their bodies.
>>
>>31176831
Ahaa, I hoped I could get at least some gear down there.

I'm trained as a marksman in my countrys army, and could use my own optic from home. I already have the gear I need for combat, and must say I'm hesitant putting my life in the hands of gear I haven't used before.

I am prepared for the possible outcomes though - I just hoped I could at least bring some gear...

Thanks again /k/ommando.
>>
>>31176850
Or, you know, buy it or trade for it.
Bring some name brand clothes and shoes and other innocuous things as barter material. Think about stuff that's hard for them to get but easy for you.
>>
>>31176921
Really? That could work?

What kind of firearms can I get my hands on there? I'm not expecting Heckler & Koch modern firearms, but have seen G3's and M14's in use there.

Could put both of them to good use doing long range shooting.

Can I trade for plate carriers and such?
>>
>>31176948
you are gonna be issued an AK in whatever group you join if you are lucky you might get a dragunov sniper if you are trained marksman and it's available. Depending on your country's laws you can take plate carrier and plate into the theater in your checked baggage. You might be able to get better gear but you will have a harder time feeding it unless you are supported by something like the CIA, Iran, Russia, or Iraq. definitely try to bring in some electronics like ipods that are light and very tradable over there.
>>
>>31176948
Bring

Baby

Wipes

Also, as >>31179018
said, bring old phones, garmins, ipods, or anything else you see as valuable but can easily part with for, say, better food, more ammo, or favors.
>>
Unless you have military training chances are youre walking into your own death to be used as a martyr in the media.

If you dont speak kurdish/arabic chances are someone is going to shout at you to stop or get down or run in another direction and youll catch a bullet/IED w/e else that will drive hot metal into your body not knowing what they just said to you.

The YPG issue you a weapon and probably other equipment, from what ive seen in video interviews it's usually an AK or similar. It's not yours and youll have to surrender it before leaving.

I'm inclined to side with the kurds, just dont believe they're the saints of the middle east, you might be asked to do some fucked up shit that goes against your morals and the reasons you travelled down there.

Additionally there's a chance you'll get in trouble with law enforcement, in norway youre required to be a part of an official government force, something the lions of rojava are not.
>>
>Joins the Kurds to fight IS
>Gets killed by the Turks
>>
>>31179095
they encourage you in learning the kurdish language. usally this is what recruts do.
>>
>>31176556
Why in gods name you want to do this? You know you get put on a list and risk ruining your future? There are no good guys in ME. Only tribes doing what they do best since the last Ice Age. Don't go and die for people who will kick you out as soon as they don't need you. Get a real job, study or start a business instead. With money, go plinking on the weekends.
>>
>>31176556
Just join the Green Berets dudr
>>
>War is sweetest to those who never experienced

OP you're just retarded, I have no other words for it. It's not your fight or war, you're just going to die a pointless death.

No matter how many movies you've watched or how tacticool you think you are, you're getting assfucked.

>You don't speak the language
>You are unfamiliar with the costumes
>If you get caught by ISIS expect a gruesome death
>You're getting a rusty AK literally somalia tier

I don't know... some people just want to die I guess.
>>
OP , just don't go , if you read /sg/ you should know why .
first , Turkey is in Syria now , they are literally CRUSHING the YPG and the kurds with tanks , jets , helis and a modern army , if you go there you'll die .
second , it's certain you WILL be on a watchlist and you might not be able to come back to your country , US or even inside the EU .
third , you will have shitty equipement , a shitty life in the mud and you will fight , die or be wounded for a fight that isn't even yours , some might appreciate the fact you would go against ISIS , but the YPG isn't worth it , they are turning into terrorists (read or ask on /sg/ for why) .
and the FSA are basically terrorists (mainly controlled by the terrorist group Al-Nusra)

link to most recent /sg/ thread (copy paste it on google searchbar (not the one one top) :
orph.link/sg

just don't go fight and die stupidly .
>>
Cia.gov
>>
>>31179018
>>31179095
>>31179731
>>31179768

We have several Norwegian citizens already doing this, one of them even had a interview in one of the larger newspapers in Norway. He went to PST (Politiets Sikkerhetstjeneste - wannabe FBI, just Norwegian), and told them he was going down to fight. They let him go, he fought for a year, came home, and in the interview he said he was going down again soon. Nobody stopped him.

Check out PeshmergaNor on Instagram - Norwegian which has been fighting for a long time now, and he's alright.

Use Google Chrome to translate these:
http://www.vg.no/spesial/2015/syriakrigeren/

Also, former military experience? This guy is an ambulance driver... I actually have military experience.

Chrome translate this site:
https://www.nrk.no/dokumentar/her-skyter-norske-hosheng-mot-is-1.12288227

This guy even brought plate carrier, and tactical (airsoft crap, but still) stuff for his AK. And yet he still got to come back home to Norway - and this guy actually is a muslim...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.