[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global Defense Initiative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: images (4).png (5KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).png
5KB, 226x223px
Would it be possible to create a military task force like the GDI? Not the retarded UNPROFOR bullshit, but an actual military. And if so what should their equipment be? Small Arms, Vehicles, Aircraft, Camouflage pattern, ect.
>>
>he unironically wants to serve GDI
>he unitonically doesn't to sart NOD
>>
>>31173907
E
D
F
>>
>>31173907
You might want to define their strategic role first.

It could be possible to set it up.
The USA could, for exemple, start recruiting in NATO countries rather than just hiring americans.
This could be done for a number of reasons but I can already see three :

1) Mercenaries dying is politically acceptable while us citizens dying is less acceptable. This was basically the idea behind the complete overhaul of the Iraki army.

2) As we know, the overhaul of the Iraki army failed spectaculary because local soldiers deserted at the first opportunity for a whole lot of reasons. Some even joined ISIS... or simply sold their equipment to ISIS.
So the USA might want to have an actual direct control over its future foreign auxiliaries and, for this reason, they would recruit directly rather than simply "helping our allies build their own army".

3) Salaries are a huge chunk of the US Army budget. So having bulgarian infantrymen rather than americans might lower this by a fair bit... and still make for very motivated bulgarians, since they would be far better paid than if they had signed in the bulgarian army. This could be made even more attractive by the prospect of a green card at the end of your service.

Now, that would be step one. The navy and airforce would still be 100% american while the boots would be far less so.

Now, the other countries might object to this but, if they have high unemployment and the recruits have families at home, they might see a benefit in accepting this.
>>
That's a dangerous road to go down. Do we really want a global military? This sounds more like something that could be used to force sovereign nations into submission, or something to strengthen Globalism.

Interpol I get, the UN Forces I get as long as they stay the way they are now (even though it's virtually useless). But I don't know if we want something like this without heavy restrictions.
>>
>>31174135
Every Nation would keep its military. This would be used to stop Kosovo, Sudan and other bullshit the UN fucks up. This would not be a military to strip national rights away.
>>
>>31173961
Peace through power!
Kane lives in death!
>>
>>31174172
Lel. But violating national sovereignty is exactly what Kosovo was about you silly little napkin. If something like GDI will ever come to life I'd enlist with Nod in a heartbeat.
>>
>>31174248
Fuck his edgy canuck alien dick riding ass.

GDI is the master race grinding nod subhumans under the tracks of our mammoth tanks.

4 TIME TIB WAR CHAMPS, eat shit you laser niggers.
>>
I only really remember red alert 1, and generals, what were NOD and GDIs policies n shit
>>
>>31174266
This is why the world needs Soldiers Without Borders. Imagine
>ISIS 2.0 has risen during another middle eastern revolution
>UN is hands off as usual
>US isnt getting involved
>most people in the world support action though
>SWOB asks for financial support from civilians
>3billion people chip in $20
>SWOB attacks
>the tactics are brutal, but effective and ethical
>the conflict is over within months
>the nations is broken up so that the ethnic groups are all independent.
>SWOB leaves
>UN bitches about mercs
>UN gets BTFO by supporters of SWOB
>>
KANE LIVES!
>>
>>31173961
>>31174248
>>31174769
ONE VISION!!!
ONE PURPOSE!!!
>>
So I'm thinking (if you read the room Clancy books) you mean something along the lines of Rainbow? I'd say UN standard on arms. I wouldn't go military grade on vehicles and ships, short term contracts are much better for a quality product. Shitty standard issue military hardware is mostly because bribes from the manufacturer to the government officials responsible for signing on the contracts (which are stacked to make the manufacturer a lot of money). Long term contracts will get you budget weapons.
>>
>>31174753
Nah, fuck that. That means giving the state more power.
>>
>>31175048
....what? In what world does a crowd funded merc army that fights without any political controls, give "the state" more control?
>>
>>31174753
>SWOB leaves
Yeah. Clearly you've never read history or you lead a sheltered life and never observed how humans act when they obtain power.
>>
File: Carrier_Strike_Group_Twelve.jpg (372KB, 835x482px) Image search: [Google]
Carrier_Strike_Group_Twelve.jpg
372KB, 835x482px
>>31173907

>Would it be possible to create a military task force like the GDI?

Yes, in fact we already did.
>>
>>31174248
TECHNOLOGY OF PEACE!
>>
>>31175300
and not a single mammoth tank nor ion cannon.
>>
>>31175285
It doesnt work if we dont leave. Also the threat of the US military airstriking us is good motivation to gtfo when its all done.

>George Washington could have named himself king, instead he didnt even initially run for pres till the first US fell apart. Then he only served 8 years.
You good sir, are just jaded. SWOB would never occupy a nation. Having learned from history, occupations ALWAYS fail and rouge armies ALWAYS get killed off eventually. To keep SWOB alive it needs to be able to disperse after the mission, side steping "die a hero, or live to be the villian" bullshit by simply moving on to the next war.
Kojima got the mentality right in MGS with Big Boss, there are those of us who love to fight, thats why you have your Executive Outcomes and your Academi. SWOB is just an a rehashing of that with a broader base. We arent your Ex-SEAL guys, we are your regular grunts who, maybe didnt like the political BS that came with being in the military. We want to fight, but for a just cause.
This is why we leave after its over.
>>
File: MSF_logo.png (35KB, 320x314px) Image search: [Google]
MSF_logo.png
35KB, 320x314px
>>31175008
Rainbow is more like the Avengers as in a group of talented people working together towards a common goal. It works because of the small group nature.

>>31174753
So you essentialy want MSF? You know what happened to MSF? Ground Zeroes.
>>
File: XOS2.jpg (252KB, 430x250px) Image search: [Google]
XOS2.jpg
252KB, 430x250px
>>31175347
Give it time, we gotta figure out power armor first. First man sized tanks, then tanks shaped like men.
>>
>>31174266
>Genocide women and children.
>UN gets called in because I don't know that's its fucking JOB.
>muh sovereignty
Killing innocents is WRONG.
>>
>>31175539
>Kojima got the mentality right in MGS with Big Boss, there are those of us who love to fight

War isn't a video game
>>
>>31174753
Yeah but GDI aren't mercs. This would be a task force comprising of volunteers and no, this isn't some secret squirrel special forces shit. Those guys are a waste of fucking time and money.
>>
>>31175008
Like what kinds of shitty standard weapons you are talking about? The F-35? Yeah, I agree. M16/M4? Yes. What else are you talking about?
>>
>>31175347
>implying we dont have a parallel sekret Illuminati/Majestic12 run military running super huge sentient tanks and spacecraft and energy ion superweapons to kill aliens invading our hidden milky way space colonies
You don't really think we spent 19 trillion dollars on POOR people did you? That's just a conspiracy taking advantage of the fact the poor peoe can't count (becausw if they could they wouldn't be poor).
>>
>>31175048
The UN needs to step the fuck up on what it was supposed to do. Not host meeting on women's feelings or tranny bullshit, but to smack the fuck out of ISIS and genocide.
>>
>>31175539
>Big Boss

A guy who recruits child soldiers, profits from war and hordes a secret nuke arsenals and wants perpetual conflict?
>>
>>31177182
>MSF opposes the US military.
>Gets rekt.
Well duh. I'm talking about GDI not fucking MSF.
>>
>>31177464
U.S. military didn't take out MSF, Cipher did.
>>
>>31173907
As much as I like the Idea of an Apolitical group operating to shut the fuck up retarded terrorist organizations and stabilize absolute shitholes, funding and meddling by greedy countries poses too much of a risk for it to remain apolitical
>>
>>31174394
Fuck yeah, 204th Zone, R-1 2047 for life!
>>
>>31177456
>Recruits child soldiers
At least he's taking action unlike all those stupid charity ads you see on TV

>Profits from war
Kaz came up with the concept of making a business from war, so blame him.

>Secret nuke arsenal
I'll give you that one, could've prevented ground zeros from happening

>Wants perpetual conflict
He doesn't want perpetual conflict, just a reason for soldiers to fight. If all you knew in your life is to fight, and peace comes around. Where would you go? This is one of the reason why it's been so hard for veterans to adapt to civilian life, and Big Boss wants to give those people a purpose.
>>
>>31173980
EDF! EDF!
>>
>>31177665
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK-
>>
>>31177658
>could've prevented ground zeros from happening

That had nothing to do with the nuke, that was because MSF wouldn't play ball with Cipher. The nuke was just the excuse.
>>
>>31177658
>At least he's taking action unlike all those stupid charity ads you see on TV
Charities and aid workers don't actively make the situation worse, which is what enlisting child soldiers does
>He doesn't want perpetual conflict, just a reason for soldiers to fight.
This is a wholly arbitrary distinction
>Where would you go?
Should have picked a better MOS or used the GI bill
>>
>>31177658
>He doesn't want perpetual conflict

"And they'll make fine soldiers in the next war. Start a war, fan its flames, create victims... Then save them, train them... And feed them back onto the battlefield"
>>
>>31173907
Dude, I've been playing Tiberian Sun for the past week non-stop for the first time in for fucking ever
>>
>>31178265
That game is the best out of the three.
The fourth game DOES NOT EXIST.
>>
File: GDIvehicles.png (69KB, 219x244px) Image search: [Google]
GDIvehicles.png
69KB, 219x244px
>>31178284
I hear that fampai.

Titans are best unit. (just kidding, orcas)
>>
>>31178294
>3 rows
Wait, what?
>>
>>31178331
Sorry, its from the OpenRA TS beta stuff.
>>
>>31178331
>rows

Columns bud.
>>
>>31174449
GDI
>"Hey this tiberium stuff that fell from space is pretty cool but it looks like it's eating the planet, we should probably figure out how to get rid of it."

NOD
>snorts tiberium powder while injecting liquid tiberium into a 3rd world child soldier holding a tiberium encrusted laser AK
>>
>>31178849
Scrin
>"Space harvesting sucks. My 7 feet hurt. There's Traveller-159... I don't like Traveller-159. The light on this planet is too bright. I wish I was home on scrinchan."
>>
>>31178887
Scrin never knew what hit them.

Tricked by Nod niggers to fight the GDI.

They are aliens of PEACE.
>>
>>31177309
Im well aware of war. Ive been in a couple. But as bad as war can be for the guy fighting it, its a thousand times worse for those caught in the middle.
>>31177456
Big boss is fictional. His line of thinking is not. If MGS is too much of a reach for you, look at Hurt Locker or Rambo. Not the gear or tactics, look at the mindset of the characters, that is where the realism is. I never felt as alive as I did in Iraq, with rounds snapping by my head, my machine gun barking in my hands and IEDs going off. I was terrified, but I felt ALIVE. Adrenaline is a hell of a drug and Iam not ashamed to say that I am addicted to it,
There are many more out there like me. We thrive in conflict, we are also frustrated with fighting wars we are forbidden from winning. The US could have easily crushed the insurgency, we knew who in the Iraqi Gov was supporting them, we knew the Police chiefs thay were taking bribes, we were told it was all part of "an acceptable level of corruption" plan. Political leaders decided we were to act as police and investigate.
>>31178059
We dont need to make conflicts. There will always be more without us creating them. SWOB intends to work on a crowd funded budget. If there isnt popular support for intervention....then we dont get involved. Its a free market solution to the world governments making pretty speeches and giving symbolic support. How effective was the Us congresses vote to condemn the actions of ISIS?...oh right it did nothing.
>>
>>31173907
Short answer: No.

You'd have to overcome centuries of national interests and negotiate between career officers who gets to have what job. Imagine American generals trying to agree with Russians and Chinese who is who in the chain of command. It would be either a organization full of internal conflicts making NSDAP or Communist party of Soviet union look like a hippy commune or you would enforce enough bureaucracy to make it unable to react to anything since formal permission for a anti-terror hostage rescue op would take up to seven months of paperwork just to get the green light..
>>
>>31174114
When you say "Iraki" that means IRAQI right?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.