[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does it cycle? What does it eat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: FNV_assault_carbine.png (1MB, 3000x900px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_assault_carbine.png
1MB, 3000x900px
How does it cycle?

What does it eat?
>>
>>31172596
How does it cycle?

What does it eat?
>>
>>31172596
5.56 and probably a direct impingement gas system. New Vegas AR15's aren't really any different than real one since side charging bolt handles are a thing for them.
>>
>>31172621
Look at the front sight, you can see there's no gas tube.
>>
>>31172627
maybe it's hidden in the hand guard
>>
>>31172596
>this same thread every day
>>
>>31172636
why though, those front sights are a gasblock as well, why would they put one inside the handguard?
>>
>>31172621
Except the charging handle nubbin is too small to grab and would collide with the edge of the ejection port, making it impossible to eject rounds or chamber new ones.

Also, the dust cover is still there even though it can't close. Why?

>>31172636
Look at the front of the carry handle, there's no way a gas tube could fit there.
>>
>>31172596
>how does it cycle?
Magic

>what does it eat?
Unicorn shit.
>>
>>31172596
>cycle
cammed bolt shroud, a la saiga 12 for charging. gas operated.
>what does it eat
"5mm", aka .204 ruger
>>31172627
m231 style, under front HG retainer. FSB re-used from the "service rifle"
>>31172670
see above about cammed shroud.
spring loaded charging handle?
note the light gray thing between the delta ring and the carry handle.
>>
>>31172685
>note the light gray thing between the delta ring and the carry handle.

...you mean empty space? Because that's empty space.
>>
>>31172685
holy fuck obsididrones will grasp at straws lmao
>t-the sde charging nubbin is a spring loaded buttan ;_;
so you have to push it down with your thumb and reach through the ejection port to push it all the way back? Still doesn't explain how the ejection port stops being in the way during automatic fire.
>>
>>31172743
>obsididrones
do I need to post beths shotgun or their current "assualt rifle"
>>
>>31172596
be advised a wrong step and it creates a non stop warfare
>>
>>31172743
I meant that the charging handle could collapse into the bolt for the dust cover to work. I suggested that what we see as a bolt is actually a cammed shroud, so the bolt travels back somewhat further that the shroud. This could explain how the charging handle could be on the side without a cutout for it. If the shroud stops above the BHO tab on the magazine follower, it might explain how it manages to feed and cycle.
I dunno man. Its fallout, there's aliens and plasma chuckers. I'm just trying to think through how the damn thing might work in the real world.
>>
Can somebody just take the model to nifskope or blender, remove the brass deflector and forward assist, and open the firing port? Maybe then, people here would shut the fuck up about the charging handle, at least.
>>
File: weNCRnow.jpg (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
weNCRnow.jpg
123KB, 800x600px
>>31172596
I don't get why obsidian didn't just make them top charging at the least, maybe they just wanted mod friendly animations?

Oh well, still a gud game.
>>
>>31175038
How do I find that wooden handguard? Wanted to do an AR10 build like this for so long
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.