[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Da Feds know about your gunz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: guns-bureau-gq-0916-08[1].jpg (354KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
guns-bureau-gq-0916-08[1].jpg
354KB, 1600x900px
A good read on how the Feds don't keep an electronic database of all gun purchases from an FFL, but they damn well keep a paper one of all gun purchases from an FFL, and the day the ball drops they will damn well convert it to a searchable registry as quickly as possible.

Either you purchased your gun from a guy you don't know, or you made it yourself, or they know you own it.
>>
>>31171641
No shit, i wonder'd why they took a federal background check and had me file out paperwork for my legal firearm... always thought it was for burning to keep warm in the winter months to come.
>>
>>31171641
"Sorry sir, all the paperwork was lost in a tragic electrical fire accident"
Someone please pull through.
>>
So, can we just burn down that warehouse?
>>
>>31171641

Sorry forgot to link article:

http://www.gq.com/story/inside-federal-bureau-of-way-too-many-guns
>>
>>31171768
>>31171777

That thought definitely occurs to you when you notice there seems to be no visible fire control system - I don't see any sprinklers or CO2 nozzles.
>>
Not worried about it. After a few more gun scares there's going to be like half a billion guns in the U.S. Tracking all that shit down is just not feasible so they'd have to rely on voluntary turn ins.
>>
>govt has "proof" i own weapons
>show up at door asking for weapons
sorry i sold them
>>
>>31171641
>cross draw holster
why?
>>
fuck da feds and fuck da judge, fuck da cops dey catchin slugs lls
>>
Where do they store the data?
>>
>>31171641
I don't trust random people that I don't know enough to either buy their firearms or sell them mine.
>>
>>31172349
According to the article, it's in boxes of paper and microfilm about half an hour from my house at

National Tracing Center
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405
>>
>>31171903
>Tracking all that shit down is just not feasible so they'd have to rely on voluntary turn ins.

Of course it's feasible. Do you even into computers? Google scanned every damn book on earth, what makes you think the government can't scan and electronically index 500 million records?
>>
>>31172444
Fuck i'm in Texas
>>
>>31172039
>sorry i sold them

In 1918 the Soviets declared private gold ownership illegal.

If you read the Gulag Archipelago, you'll see that "I sold all my gold" didn't fly as an excuse for not turning some in.
>>
>>31171641
'We're coming with 100 people to confiscate millions of guns from millions of owners.'

I know, I know. Attrition style gun grabbing. But man, what a funny sight that would be.
>>
>>31172197
Guy isn't exactly working on the streets.
>>
>>31172470

The government is equal parts lazy, incompetent, and wildly expensive when accomplishing anything.
>>
>>31172489
Road trip? I know where to lay low in WV and even the cops wont bother to look up that hollar.

Just saying. Its possible for anyone. An extra set of plates to later discard go a long way too.

If anyone hasnt noticed, the gov declared war on us, a long while ago. Theyre trying to traxk our weapons and deny us supplies of ammo now.
>>
I would bet the electronic one already exists and we just aren't told about it. not even the President. Plausible Deniability
>>
>not having unregistered guns

lol

i think i have like 5
>>
>>31172470
Making a data base is going to be the easiest part. They do a census every decade and it's a total cluster fuck just to get basic information from people who are mostly compliant and rarely armed.
>>
>>31172622
It's extremely possible.

All it would take is
> a scanner in the corner of the building
> one guy feeding it around the clock for years
> the rest of the coding for the database done offsite

All the paper records are there, but you'd only need to have like one or two people in on it to gradually scan them all offsite. And yeah:

"Unsearchable PDFs"

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure
>>
>>31172642
I know, but gun stores are by and large already handling that for them. Lots of them fuck up, but most of them do it right most of the time.
>>
what about states like SC where if you have a CC and buy from an FFL they do the 4473 but they dont run it? I've been told the store just keeps it for sometime then gets rid of it.
>>
>>31174712
The ATF shows up once a year to inspect and copy all those records.
>>
>>31171831
>That thought definitely occurs to you when you notice there seems to be no visible fire control system - I don't see any sprinklers or CO2 nozzles.

Are you fucking blind? It's literally the only round thing on the ceiling. They're pop tops. When the puck melts it knocks the round cover off. They're just pretty for indoor fags.
>>
>>31171641
It took the gun-grabbing Australian Police 8 months to figure out that one of my guns was unregistered (accidentally) and they actually record that shit. Even then all I had to do was say "no" and it probably would have vanished off the books forever.

I'd hate to see the kind of man hours it would take to physically sift through the mountain of papers lying around in your country.
They're probably still trying, anything to strip your rights.
>>
Jokes on them. I don't own a boat.
>>
>>31172444
>According to the article, it's in boxes of paper and microfilm about half an hour from my house at
>National Tracing Center
>244 Needy Road
>Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405

I'm in Winchester. Roadtrip?
>>
>>31172559
>If you read the Gulag Archipelago, you'll see that "I sold all my gold" didn't fly as an excuse for not turning some in.

Your crazy uncle hiding in the coat closet can't jump out and "solve problems" with a fist full of gold necklaces when the feds at the door get lippy.
>>
>>31172648
>It's extremely possible.
>All it would take is
>> a scanner in the corner of the building
>> one guy feeding it around the clock for years
>> the rest of the coding for the database done offsite
>All the paper records are there, but you'd only need to have like one or two people in on it to gradually scan them all offsite. And yeah:
>"Unsearchable PDFs"
>suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

The government would fuck itself when it was forced by itself to declare a FISMA system. They're mostly public.
>>
>>31175974
not that i dont trust randos on the internet but where did that come from?"
>>
>>31176398
Google ATF inspection for FFLs. Better hope you don't get a dick agent. You have little recourse since he can shut you down with his interpretation of the law despite it being obnoxiously incorrect.
>>
what im getting from this is if your gunshop went out of buiness and tuned over their records to the atf they are actually less likely to find your info in a reasonable time compared to the forms kept with a ffl
>>
>>31172444
Time for a Ryder truck?
>>
>>31171641
>they will damn well convert it to a searchable registry as quickly as possible.

So, if the VA is any indication, "asap" is somewhere in the area of 20 years?

Thanks Chicken Little, but I think we'll be OK.
>>
Like 2 years ago or so some policeman got killed with a .223 rifle here, and the police paid a visit to every .223 rifle owner in the whole country (since center fire semi autos are illegal and it can't be used for hunting large game it, .223 is actually pretty unpopular, only target shooters use it.). Kinda scary, at least such thing would never happen in the US.
>>
Scanning all that paperwork into PDF documents and all is simple but you'd have to extract the relevant information and upload that into a database for efficient searching, right? That's a monumental task and what about those who've filled out the forms with shit handwriting?
>>
>>31176725

Hey that's a pretty good idea, fill out those forms with the shittiest handwriting possible and very little space between the words.

Would make it pretty hard for them to be OCR'd. Especially when the contract to write the OCR software goes to the lowest bidder, cause gov'mint.
>>
File: image.png (88KB, 278x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88KB, 278x242px
>>31172641
>>
>the feds will never bust down your door in the middle of the night when they begin confiscation
>you'll never get to wake up in the middle of the night in a daze with a raging erection and a rifle in your hand ready to take on Uncle Sam

Why even live?
>>
>>31172444
trips confirm, you know what needs to be done
>>
>>31176861
I already do this, given I have some issues with fine motor function. My handwriting sucks, and with the decline of cursive fewer and fewer people can even read it. DMV paperwork is a nightmare for all involved, an FFL transfers might as well be worthless.

Real talk though:

If the US government were in a position where they could conceivably confiscate guns, we're fucked long beforehand. Even in the age of SJW's and safe spaces, if the government tried to institute a full buy-back, let alone a mandatory confiscation, there would be large scale violent revolution (probably not an organized revolution, but that's beside the point).

If we're ever in danger of losing our 2nd Amendment rights wholesale, it's going to be a "Frog in a boiling pot" scenario, and a very slow one at that. I personally foresee a continuation of restrictions on the sales of new weapons until nothing of any combative value is left on the market. Eventually, all the weapons grandfathered in slowly dwindle, disappear, or just become obsolete. Any other method of disarming the American populace would simply be suicidal on the part of the government.
>>
I went through a bankruptcy a few years ago (housing thing) and I somehow baked to list a majority of my firearms on the property declaration form.
Because the gubmint can't access that info, right?
Wouldn't you know it but a few weeks layer, I get a midnight email from someone I've never heard of stating that I "must have forgotten to declare" specific firearms with what I paid for them. And that it was no problem, as the mystery man was claiming to be close friends with my Circuit Judge.

So yeah, they fucking know.
>>
What guns? I lost them in a boating accident but if you guys want to go check the ocean feel free
>>
Sold all of my guns during a tragic boating accident.
>>
so they just know I love lower receivers, neat.
>>
>>31171641
Converting paper records to a searchable registry
>as quickly as possible
is still going to take forever.

The government is not exactly the model of efficiency. This would be a huge, bloated project, likely well outside the budget of the ATF, and would take years and years just to START implementing, let alone complete. That's all on top of if it manages to keep securing funding.

Bureaucracy is its own worst enemy.
>>
>duh guvbmint knows about muh guns!!!1

What a fucking surprise. You spend hours on a phillipino chalkboard messageboard talking about them, posting pictures of it and buying parts and ammo for it. Big fucking whoop. You're small fry and they don't give a fuck anyways. Can't really blame you, everyone likes to feel like they're important sometimes.

And I'm betting you use google chrome so why do you give a shit?
>>
>>31176861
>fill out those forms with the shittiest handwriting possible and very little space between the words.

The ATF is super anal about your handwriting. Ever filled out a 4473?
>>
>>31178726
Just has to be legible to the guy calling it in.
>>
>>31176226
I get it, /k/omrade.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.