[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

times youve embarrassed yourself at a gun store >just turned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 296
Thread images: 45

File: sad meme man.jpg (35KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
sad meme man.jpg
35KB, 535x577px
times youve embarrassed yourself at a gun store

>just turned 18
>want to get into guns. Plinking, cc'ing, maybe even building
>I was young and excited, fuck off
>walk into this store in town, ive been in there before with my dad and looked forward to the day I can go in on my own
>side note, I had been asking my dad to go with me as a father-son moment, but he kept putting it off so I went alone
>walk in and the store has about 7 old farts hanging around the counter
>all talking stops, everyone stares
>feel awkward but go up to the counter and just start looking
>theyre still looking right at me, all stares
>show them my ID, clerk scoffs and gives his friend a funny look
>ask if I can handle a USP
>"why?"
>I might buy it thats why
>he sighs loudly and puts it on the table, giving me a look like im bothering him
>point it at the ground, have trouble getting it out of battery and none of them show me ( i had never handled more then a shotgun) so I just put it back and ask for a few more
>rinse and repeat, old guy is staring down at me like an idiot, I try to start conversation by talking about grips or triggers or my "experience" and he just "Hmmms" quietly
>granted most of my experience was what I read online and I probably tried to hard but still
>finally he asks if im getting anything or what
>say Im going to get some cash and come back to get something, NOW he seems mildly interested
>fuck this place and all the old farts in here
>leave, never go back out of embarrassment, takes me a month before I get the courage to try another store that was much friendlier
>>
>>31171090
Nah you did fine, fuck that guy.
>>
Why is it always the old guys.
>>
>>31171090

OP did you look like this when you went into the store?
>>
>>31171090
Sorry, my lgs is bro-tier.

>Walk in
>Poke around
>Guy behind the counter says "Can I help you? "
>Tell him I'm just window shopping today
>Ask if I can fingerfuck the handguns
>He pulls out the ones I ask for
>Leave

No autism, no rudeness. WI is breddy gud.

>Go back next week and blow $100+ on accessories
>>
>>31171090
Why would anyone give a fuck about what some old man at the gun store thinks? Buy what you want and enjoy it, you get to go home but he's still stuck there. I don't care about asshole employees, I'm just there to get what I want. That being said, they guys at my store are hilarious. They were talking about how many fingers the doctor used for their prostate exams.
>>
File: 1429123017404.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429123017404.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>window shopping awkwardly
>trying not to waste the clerks time because I feel bad everytime I go in and dont buy anything
>have terrible buyers remorse and am cheap anyway so its a battle to buy most things
>finally after talking with the clerk I decide to buy a pistol im looking at
>live in a no fun state and need a permit, which means I have to read off the permit number
>I wrote it down wrong by one.fucking.number
>have to go all the way home and find the actual paper work
>then I kept messing up the payment because I paid in cash. At first I was over, so I then I was under, then I was under by like 3 dollars
>we make jokes about it and I apologize, but they tell me its cool and to enjoy it

not a big deal but I felt so stupid and childish the whole time.
>>
>At range, maybe 9 yrs old
>Old guy next table over sees me eye fucking his .357
>Asks me if I wanna shoot it, hell yeah I do
>Giddily load it up, time to close the cylinder like in the movies (I never saw how to do it the right way)
>Flick cylinder like a the underfed 9 year old I was, cylinder doesn't close and rounds spill everywhere
>Owner stares at me like I'm retarded and loads it for me
>>
>>31171090
Do you live in AZ? Did you go to Randall's Firearms?
Fuck those niggers, I was scolded for using the slide release on a gun I was looking at.
I handed him the gun and walked out, fuck those old faggots.
Funny thing is I read a review of them online and there was like 3 other similar reviews online and tons of other complaints about how rude those guys are.
>>
>>31171090
Not a time I was embarrassed but I embarrassed a wannabe know it all employee at a Gander mountain one time:

>go in looking around
>spot SKS in Crapco stock
>no bayonet, light surface rust, crappy barrel bipod
>price... $1000!
>ask the clerk what comes with it
Oh well this is an amazing rifle, great deal, comes with 300rds of this premium Tula ammo, the stock, the bipod.
>ok what year was it produced? Is it a stamped Norinco reciever or an early /26\ with Russian tooling
Uh.... I think it's Russian.
>he hands it to me
>it's a beat to piss Chinese stamped Norinco for $1000
>tell him it's not worth that without bayonet and having all that shit with it.
>at best maybe $500-$600 even in NY
Oh this is a great gun, you just don't know anything about them
>visibly wut.jpeg him.
>just to fuck with him ask him to hand me the benelli shotgun behind him
>hands me a maverick 88
>yea I'm good, I'll be back in a year when that SKS is marked down because no one bought it.
360 out remembering why I hate big box stores.
>>
>>31171269
That is kinda funny. At least the old guy didn't beat and berate you for being a tard.
>>
>brown person into guns
>gun store people give me strange looks
>realize gun stores and indoor ranges are a ripoff
>buy online and go to the state managed range
Gun stores need to shape up
>>
>>31171426
Try not reeking of pot and flashing gang signs, they may treat you better.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 720x720px
>>31171475
Kek you're barking up the wrong tree
>>
>tfw too nervous
>just order everything online and have it shipped to a huge pawn shop with $20 transfer fee, they never try to talk to me or anything

>never go to ranges, always shoot in backyard since I live in the country

;_;
>>
>>31171090
some guns stores are just old boys clubs. they're not really there to sell and only stay afloat by random customers that put with their shit and never come back, and members of the boy club that buy a gun every month to "support local business".

Now had you walked in with a pair of tits and long hair they would of shoved a revolver down your throat.
>>
>be 21
>commie euro shithole
>walk into several floor big gunstore
>middle aged hunter asks for .500S&W
>clerk: "Wow implying you could handle that?"
>one of us
>point at AR-15
>"That a FAMAS?"
>brief silence
>--"Do you have a permit? If not, go to the kid- I mean airsoft floor."
>tag myself on facebook and go home crying
>>
>>31171090
>>
>>31171568
>Go to LGS busy as fuck, 10 people waiting to be helped
>Done my homework but want to finger my raifu before I buy.
>Browse racks looking for the MCX I want. Noluck.gif
>When my turn, 'do you know if you'll have any in stock soon?'
>4 in the back room right now. Awesome.sauce
>Awkwardly grope rifle as it comes out of the box. First impression is good.
>How much for that doggy in the window?
>$20 less than best price online. Sold right now.

>Take gun out, failure to fire, failure to load, failure to eject, complete cluster fuck. Unfired rounds coming out creased and pinched.
>Back to the lab. Breakdown, clean, oil, hope?
>Field test two. Notthisshitagain.com.
>Back to store, busy as fuck again.
>Stand in front of customers explaining to clerk how poorly I operate. Produce mangled cases as evidence.
>Manager is called over "this is the second MCX we've had come back like this, the last one was actually splitting the shells".
>My relief is audible.

Why embarrassing? I hate admitting to failure in front of a room full of people (and a good carpenter never blames his tools). Also "oh good it wasn't just me" may have been repeated a few times.
>>
>>31171747
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interpret the last part of your post.
>>
>>31171090
This is a gun store thread

>installing new gas block on ar
>god damnit I lost my mother fucking crush washer
>go to lgs (turners)
>ask if they sell ar15 crush washers
>guy looks at me with a blank face
>trying to explain it, senior employee comes over and takes a DD AR off the shelf to show the kid
>oooohistilldontunderstand.jpg
>senior employee opens a tackle box kept under the shelf
>they don't fucking have it

I guess that's what I get for trying to support lgs
>>
>>31171853
gun shop employees tend to try and sell revolvers to women
they also give a lot more attention to women because they're horny old fucks
>>
>>31171932
There's a reason for that. Revolvers are simple machines, akin to women.
>>
>>31171369
You're supposed to pull the slide back anon, not flip the switch
>>
>>31172070
A straight-blowback pistol is arguably more mechanically simple than any revolver.
>>
>>31172070
What the fuck are you talking about, women are anything but simple
Figuring out what's wrong with any gun is much easier than whats wrong with a woman
>I'm fine
>>
File: 300px-M1942_liberator.jpg (14KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
300px-M1942_liberator.jpg
14KB, 300x249px
>Be 17 (I'm 20 now)
>Go to get a 10/22 for Christmas
>Find one at a local and very small place
>Mom asks what this gun is
>Tell her what I know about it
>Clerk over hears
>Asks me if I want to hold it and check it out
>First gun I ever touched is now a weird piece of WW2 history

Pretty cool dude. Wish I asked to handle the C96 they had, it's gone now
>>
>>31172164
This.
They are called slide STOPS, not slide RELEASES. Too many cod kiddies trying to mimick tv and games. It is akin to flipping a revolver shut.
>>
>>31171090
If this happened the way you said it did, those old dudes and gun shop owner are the awkward weirdos in this case, not you.
>>
>>31172289
No, it ISN'T, because it won't damage your gun to do that, whereas flipping a revolver shut will.
>>
File: 146436243.jpg (31KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
146436243.jpg
31KB, 1280x720px
>>31171090
>be looking for a particular rifle for months
>daniel defense ddm4v11
>nobody has it in stock
>continuously call and email the one LGS like an autist (also happens to be the best range in town connected to it)
>they finally get it in stock
>guy on phone tells me to come by at 7pm and they'll have them delivered and ready for sale
>show up at 7pm on the dot
>tell guy at counter i called, he says yeah, we got 2 in the shipment and already sold 1 about an hour ago
>what the fuck you faggot you told me to come in at 7
>anyways, he takes down the rifle off the wall
>commence finger fucking
>ask if i can take it apart, want to make sure there isn't anything fucky going on the inside of this $1,500 rifle i'm about to buy
>he kinda stares at me like i'm a weirdo and just slowly starts taking it apart for me instead
>other employee comes over, asks why guy is taking apart the gun
>kinda awkwardly nods in my direction, tells other employee "i dunno, he wanted me to take it apart"
>i go all spaghetti magetti
>check out all the internals, everything is in order
>"i'll take it"
>bear in mind, im in the navy and work in the armory of a ship
>taken apart and put back together M16's hundreds of times
>for some reason my spaghetti kicks in to full overdrive and i start trying to put back together the gun incorrectly all the while both sales guys are just kinda staring at me
>actually try fucking putting the bolt in backwards without the charging handle in place....
>realize i'm fucking sperging out and making myself look stupid and just kind of put the bolt on the table next to the upper
>just step back, slowly and silently the employee puts the gun back together
>go pick out some accessories while my NICS check is being run
>end up spending about $2,500 between the gun, optic, accessories, and ammo
>decide to get a year of membership to the range because as previously mentioned it's the best in town and basically right down the street from me
>cont
>>
>>31172618
>to this day every time i go in to shoot, i feel their gaze with the force of a thousand suns
>pretty sure they think i'm actually a retarded baby
>they make me feel really awkward
>find out that basically only the guys that work the sales area make me feel this way, all the ROs are bretty bro tier
>get comments from other shooters and ROs about my gun
>let them finger fuck it
>range allows rapid fire so every once in a while blow a whole magazine for fun
>no fucks given, ROs never bother me because i keep it on paper
>never buy anything from the sales floor again, only go in to shoot and leave
>>
>>31172618

Thank you for your cervix.
>>
>>31172651
wat
>>
>>31171369
Yeah, it's common firearm courtesy to not make any slam and click noises on a gun that isn't yours. Because technically, ramming the slide without a casing to "cushion" the metal on metal contact is bad for a weapon. Is it fuddlore? Most likely, but the courtesy factor is relevant imho.
>>
>>31171130
>those sanpaku eyes
I'm scared
>>
File: leafy.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
leafy.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>31171269
I genuinely laughed from this post thanks breh
>>
>>31172289
Are you actually fucking retarded?

Please explain how physics applies any differently from pulling the slide back and releasing vs. just thumbing down the slide RELEASE
>>
>>31172732
fuck off leaffag
>>
>>31172289
You're a special kind of stupid desu senpai. Slide stops on handguns are intended to be used the same as the bolt release on AR-15s. Who the fuck did you get this load of shit from?
>>
>>31172289
youre either noguns or king fuddlore or both

this is dumb as shit
>>
>>31171090
>times youve embarrassed yourself at a gun store

I had to fill out my last 4473 7 times before I got one that was considered acceptable to the clerk. Apparently whoever deals with their forms is a real dick. All mistakes were minor X'ed when I should have checked, abbreviated something in the address, etc..
>>
>>31172757
I would destroy you. I'm 6'3" and 215 lbs. You will like the weight of me when I pin you down and violently fuck you in your ass. I will cum all over your back and then smack your ass.
>>
>>31172737
In theory, you'll wear down the slide lock, especially the corner

By pulling back, the slide drops on its own, as opposed to scraping along the frame, thus giving less wear
>>
>>31172278
fun fact there is no actual record of any of these actually being used

probably because it's a stupid idea
>>
>>31172809
>in theory

Is there any evidence of a slide lock being worn down by releasing the slide this way? Even if that were true, it would probably take thousands upon thousands of instances of doing this to cause any noticeable wear.

>scraping along the frame
Seriously doubt that this actually happens any worse one way or the other
>>
>>31172208
>>31172070
>>31171932
Also don't forget. Some casual women shooters with like zero grip or upper strength tend to limp wrist a lot more or have trouble racking the slide. So there is a minor benefit for those kind of shooters to use revolvers.
>>
>>31172782
>215lbs

Just try and catch me boyo, I only fuck men who work for it.
>>
>>31172289
>>31172702
I'll pretend for a second you two are right and that a gun at a store would be racked back enough times for long enough that it would actually wear anything down.
Full on bitching at a potential customer is a stupid fucking thing to do. If they had just said something like "please don't do that, it could damage the gun" I would have laughed in my head but complied with their request and actually would have bought my gun there. I ended up going out of my way to a gun store twice as far away from me as Randall's to buy the gun I wanted that day. I have also done that with every single transfer, ammo and gun purchase since.
>>
>>31172782
You sound pretty kinky bro.

Wanna fuck sometime?
>>
>>31172070
>a giant pile of clockwork is more simple than two pieces of steel on a guide rod with a spring

automatics are objectively simpler machines than revolvers
>>
>>31172908
IT WILL SLIDE ON THE RAILS EITHER WAY!

HOW DOES HE NOT REALIZE THIS!?
>>
File: 1152280.jpg (69KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1152280.jpg
69KB, 300x309px
>>31172938
That's what I'm trying to say!
>>
>>31172930
But anon, revolvers are super duper simple and they never jam!
>>
>>31172364
>whereas flipping a revolver shut will.
Is that true? Shouldn't a revolver be made robustly enough that it can be slammed shut, similar to how magazines in rifles can be slammed in or charging handles are to be yanked as quickly as possible?
>>
>>31172930

Revolvers are simpler machines to use.
>>
>>31172960
It really does amaze me that revolvers were invented before automatics.

>>31172976
>have to be loaded round-by-round
>have to be treated a lot more gently
>have a big gap where hot gases shoot out of that can injure the shooter or things around the shooter if they do something silly
>typically have longer and heavier trigger pulls
>typically have worse weight distribution
>typically have higher bore axis and muzzle flip
>are more difficult to clear jams and failures are generally more catastrophic

meanwhile literally what is complicated about an automatic? put the metal bar in (that you cant fuck up because it only goes in one way) pull the slide back like in the movies, and bang bang bang with like a 2lbs trigger pull. if it stops working, 90% of stoppages can be solved by taking the magazine out and racking it a bunch of times.
>>
>>31172927
I fantasize about putting my cock in your mouth. It would be so hot if you slowly sucked my dick while I pet your head. I would finger your ass while you moan with my cock in your mouth. I would then blow a huge load in your mouth and make out with you while the load is still in your mouth. We would then swap the cum in and out of each other's mouths while we stroke each other's cocks. I'm getting so hard thinking about it and I'm getting even harder knowing how bad you want it.
>>
>>31172289
End yourself scum
>>
>>31173018

But that revolver wasn't invented before automatics.
>>
>>31173151
>that revolver
weren't revolvers in general the first magazine-fed pistols?
>>
>>31171217
>carrying enough cash on person to buy a gun
I hope you're well practiced with your ccw
>>
>>31171544
Dubs of Designated Caucasian
>>
>>31173190
My LGS only takes cash. Its family owned, and he doesnt want to pay Mastercard their cut.tried a bunch of other gun shops in town, and they were all cunts. I guess because i dont dress like Larry the Cable Guy im not a legit customer. Glad i found a bro tier guy to buy from.

I had been looking for a mini 30 or AR10 and no one wanted to give me the time of day. The guy at my new LGS was friendly, and had 3 in stock.
>>
>>31171090
If it makes you feel better I did basically the same thing when I got my first handgun.

>Bought gun that was cheap, full sized, and 9mm because I had no idea what I wanted
>Be in cuckafornia so need to demonstrate that I know which end goes bang
>Only ever used airsoft guns before
>Not at all prepared for how much more powerful the springs are on real pistols
>Can't get grip, keeps slipping as I try to rack it
>Keep trying different grips and angles
>Switch hands, guy tilts his head and asks if I'm left handed
>Finally manage to lock slide back after fucking with it for a solid 30 seconds.
>Show guy the gun
>"Good Job"
>Gives me rest of paperwork to fill out
>>
>>31173260
>>Keep trying different grips and angles
>>Switch hands, guy tilts his head and asks if I'm left handed
>>Finally manage to lock slide back after fucking with it for a solid 30 seconds.
i did the same thing at basic when first handed a pistol. everyone did. those springs really are strong enough that you feel like you're not doing something right for it to be that hard.

i dont think it's a strength thing, I think it's a latent fear that you actually have some catch or another engaged and that without some 'trick' you're going to break it if you force it.
>>
>Shopping for a new free float rail
>Eye a pre-built BCM with a KMR
>Ask shopkeeper to handle it
>He's happy and says it's his favorite rail
>Shopkeeper goes to other room to answer a phone call
>Start shouldering the rifle from low-ready to get a feel for the balance and weight
>Accidentally bump the rail on the wooden counter
>Finish has come off, leaving an obvious blemish
>Hear shopkeeper walking back
>Oh fuck oh fuck
>Quickly hand him back the gun and speed walk out the door
>Never go back
>
>>
>>31171378
>my fucking face

see: http://www.bullseyelondon.com/long-guns/surplus-rifles?p=1

>gun store in London, Ontario
>those Timbersmith stocks
>local Canadian Tire has 299$ nuggets, 399-499$ SKS's with the same marbled stocks or in black plastic
>>
>>31173458
>London, Ontario
you realize that literally no one likes Ontario, right? Ontario is the only province less popular than Quebec, and the GTA and its outlying satellite towns are the only cities less likable than Quebec City.
>>
>>31172975
flicking it shut a few times wont harm it flicking it shut all the time will
>>
>>31171932
Because they can't operate a slide unless they have Michelle Obama Arma m8
T. Big box gun salesman

Also women like to fucking talk. Dealing with them is a pain in the ass because they'll talk your ear off and never buy anything after looking at every revolver in the case.
>>
>>31171090
>hate the young generation because "they have it too easy"
>puts the absolute minimum effort in his job
>>
>>31172839
pretty cool desu, 'merica flying in and dropping guns for europoors to shoot nazis
>>
>>31172920
Dude, I'm not disagreeing with you. All I'm saying is no matter what if the gun isn't yours, there is a standard of etiquette that is to be followed. For instance, just because your shoes are clean and someone asks you to take them off because their carpet may get dirty even though you know it won't, the courtesy factor is still at hand. Not saying the clerk should feel entitled to be a smarmy douche, but you get my drift.
>>
>>31172975
You can ruin the timing of the revolver by bogarting it everytime you load it. That can be potentially dangerous for the user.
>>
File: feelsbadman.jpg (26KB, 550x362px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.jpg
26KB, 550x362px
>>31173467
tfw born and raised in the GTA
>>
>>31171090
But you cant buy pistols at 18
>>
>>31172289
nogunz detected. Most handguns are fine if you let the slide go forward from the slide stop. If it's not mine then I agree, I won't do it, but the worst that can happen is MAYBE the edge of your slide stop will get rounded off
>>
>me and friend go out to grab some shiggy maccas
>arrive at gun store in the middle of nowhere
>its behind a house in a semi-shoddily built warehouse
>feel the urge to shit
>tell friend i gotta shit
>feeling goes away
>friend and clerk start talking bout shotguns
>interrupt conversation "hey do you guys have a bathroom i can use?"
>clerk ses "nah sorry"
>i say "oh, cause im shitting my pants right now"
>friend and me boost it 70 in a 30 to the nearest gas station and
>beyblade beyblade LETTERRRIPP
>decided to never go back to that gun store ever
>>
Lel all these tards claiming "no guns" because it is not advised to use a slide stop as a slide release. Try that with a 1911, especially on an empty chamber, shop owner will beat your ass because it is especially bad to 1911's.
>>
>>31171090
>Be me
>just went to the range w/friends
>range is in a pawn shop w/funz for sale
>checking out a mini-14
>decide to see if I can reload it
>first I drop the mag
>then I seat the mag backwards
>then I nearly drop the rifle

wasn't my proudest moment
>>
>>31172289
there are actually both, ones that are intended only as stops and larger levers that are meant for releasing the slide while aiming.

>>31173334
Yep, I picked up ones with the heaviest springs for some reason when I first started looking, and had to figure out how to work them left handed. I was looking at one of the really stiff new compacts and the owner said "Careful with that one, it'll catch you..."
Then the fucking thing slammed shut on my weak hand when I finally hit the stop correctly. Lesson learned, scar obtained. I was the third person in a row too. Bought the other one.
>>
File: rifle stance for patricians.png (267KB, 647x724px) Image search: [Google]
rifle stance for patricians.png
267KB, 647x724px
>>31171090

>inna lgs
>just turned 19
>checking out nuggets
>decide to look cool
>try to get an Olympic stance like pic related
>gun is heavier than i thought it would be
>gun is bigger than i thought
>bring muzzle up to put into my shoulder
>so from a 45 degree angle facing down i brought it vertical
>hit the ceiling fan
>s-sorry
>buy it anyway
>shoot it olympic style
>recoil knocks me over
>>
>>31171090
OP, you realize that you have to be 21 to buy a handgun from a FFL, right?
>>
>>31175982
You're a fucking retard and if your logic was sound, gun manufacturers would not make it possible to release the slide with your thumb you stupid fucking Fudd.
All firearms would make it so that YOU HAVE TO pull it back to drive it forward.
>>
>>31171090
>Want to buy a wasr
>Go to regional outdoors store because I know they have one an a good price
>Know about century qc and have to inspect it
>Ask if I can field strip it
Guy behind counter asks if I am military
>uhhh no
>well we are not supposed to let you field strip it
>Tell him I plan on buying it and want to inspect it
>he asks manager
>realizing potential loss of a sale manager gives ok
>first time taking apart an ak
>get it apart fine and inspect it
>looks good
>tell guy I will take it
>try to put it back togeather
>cant get bolt in properly or bcg on rails
>guy looks concerned
>tell him its been a while since i last took one apart
>says he hasnt taken his ak apart in a while and not to be concerned
>fumble with it for a while longer
>just as spaghetti is about to fall out of my pockets I get it
>go take piss while they run the 4473
>get wasr pay and go home
>>
>>31171090
uh OP you cant buy handguns when you are 18, so this story is bullshit
>>
>>31171929
I had a similiar issue with a buffer tube retention pin spring. They actually had it but wouldnt sell me it, they insisted the resident gun-smith install it and he was on some extended vacation. Fuck them, bought it online.
>>
>>31173018
Remember, the first revolvers were far more mechanically simple (and less safe) than modern ones.
>>
>>31176536
HURR DURRR, if it was bad to dry fire rim fire guns manufacturers would make it so you can't pull the trigger without a round.
God kids need to actually learn about these tools or they shouldn't be allowed to touch them.
No wonder the left thinks gun owners are nuts, half of /k/ is flipping cylinders shut and slapping slide stops like its a fucking 80's action first person shooter game.
>>
File: 20160831_212419.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20160831_212419.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>>31177358
Sure is a crazy fucking design, clearly made to deter its use.
You can actually see where they made it form fitting to the thumb so that you wouldn't use your thumb on it.
>>
>>31171174
The gun store that just opened up near to me is fucking amazing.

>walk in one day to poke around, new management is in and turned a store that had a stock of about 12 guns at any given time into a real gun store
>look around at their prices, guns are a little higher than some places but I'm not paying as much shipping or gas so it likely evens itself out
>buy a case of corrosive 7.62x54r and go out to put it in my truck
>as I jump in, guy walks out, since Canada and I hadn't shown him my PAL I thought he decided he wanted to see it
>"Did you buy that box of Mosin ammo?"
>"Yup."
>"Oh so you like military and surplus guns eh?"
>talk for a little bit, he goes to military shoots and cowboy action shoots now and again
>"Here's my phone number, if you ever want to come in after we close or on days off just call me and I'll come help you out. I'm usually around anyways."
>also recently got in Barnaul non-corrosive FMJ 7.62x54r for less than a dollar a round, I didn't even know it existed and I visit a larger gun store about an hour further away that's never had it

I'm getting really lucky, the closest three gun stores to me are all great, making it hard to keep money around.
>>
>>31172289

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: 1469250593572.jpg (73KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1469250593572.jpg
73KB, 519x533px
>>31177702
>"Here's my phone number, if you ever want to come in after we close or on days off just call me and I'll come help you out. I'm usually around anyways."
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 498x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 498x500px
>>31171269
kek
>>
File: 1422332090499.jpg (217KB, 1256x1611px) Image search: [Google]
1422332090499.jpg
217KB, 1256x1611px
>>31171090
first time in one
>school friend wants to go to a gun shop
>he's not serious but desperately wants to be cool
Dropping a little knowledge on the way there because I have done some target shooting with dad and grandpa.
>standing at the counter with him
>would you like to see a gun, anon?
>sure, how about that one
>look down the sight like a retard probably
>not weaver stance at all
>me: "do you know how far this is good out to?"
>sales guy: "well, pistols aren't made for long distance shots"
>t-thanks
>>
>>31172839
>"stupid idea"
>drop stamped cheap POS behind enemy lines, resistance uses stamped cheap POS to kill German sentry and take his mauser, grenades and ammo
the only stupid idea was the idea of dropping it to the French resistance
>>
>>31177702
so did you guys become close friends? did you move into the basement?
>>
File: 250px-Kc_elmo.jpg (20KB, 250x313px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Kc_elmo.jpg
20KB, 250x313px
>>31178030
>do you know how far this is good out to?

wew
>>
File: 1440948573842.jpg (3KB, 171x176px) Image search: [Google]
1440948573842.jpg
3KB, 171x176px
>>31176162
Hope this never happens to me
>>
>>31171929
turners is fucking shite
but regrettably is sometimes the only option.
>>
>>31172237
God damn it, Margaret! Where's my sandwich?!?
>>
>>31177702
He wants to poke around in your store if you know what I mean. Probably is one of us.
>>
>>31171111
Checked friend
>>
>>31171929
>go to gun store
>ask if they have any stripped AR lowers
>"yeah sure"
>comes back and hands me an upper
>what the fuck

They didn't have any but the guy at the counter was an idiot anyway. Went back there a couple weeks later when they got some more in.
>>
>>31176837
>Fucked up putting together a wasr you stripped.
Holy shit, were you sober or something?
>>
File: 1472631117374.png (52KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1472631117374.png
52KB, 853x543px
> be me
> be 17
> in New Zealand
> walk into my local hunting and fishing for some boolets
> grab box, walk up to counter
> guy asks me if I have my license
> bluescreen.jpg
> 360 and Sprint out
Fuck this countries shitty gun laws
>>
>>31171378
Was this at middletown gander mountain? They had a similar sks for sale.
>>
>>31171849
Damn that sucks. Had mine since late May and it's the shit.

The mag it came with was awful though.
>>
>>31175982
It's not advised to release the slide stop on an empty chamber 1911 because it is incredibly harsh on the barrels pivot pin, link, and the pin that holds the barrel in place(which is a part of the slide stop). It has nothing to to do with the slide stop function itself, having the slide hit a round in the magazine and force that round into the chamber slows the slide movement enough that it doesn't damage the parts I mentioned before.
>>
I had one incident so far, although it was more weird than embarrassing:

>Ordered my very first gun on Gun Broker and had it delivered to my local FFL
>Gun arrives roughly over one week later because dipshit seller waited the maximum 5 days before shipping it out
>I go in to pick it up; first time in shop, the people there are decent and the store is organized
>"Hey there. Are you Anon, here to pick up the CZ? Why don't you inspect your pistol while I fill out my section of the paperwork real quick, OK?"
>It's factory new; I'm not worried about taking it down to examine it, so I do the typical once over with the finish and bore, do a basic functions test, etc
>I used one of the empty mags and fed it into the gun to test the mag release, tapping the base plate which caused an audible click
>salesman stops with paperwork and lifts his head up while a customer stares on as well
>they both look at me like I'm crazy
>one second later they go back to their business, I load up everything in the case, pay the transfer fee, and leave gleefully with a new toy
>>
>>31179401
Tbh NZ hunting shops can be newby hostile sometimes.When I bought my mate his first air rifle (we do alot of small game shooting) the fella behind the counter was fantastic, really helpful. Went to a different one last month witha different mate to get more bolts for the crossbow and the server wouldnt even talk to me. Wasnt till I started talking pig hunting with another fella that he said more than two words in my direction.
>>
>>31179401
Lol you fucking penis.

I worked at Waikato h&f and some dude handed me his license and I couldn't quite work out what was wrong with it. Then I finally clicked- it was expired by nearly 10 years

>>31171090
>I once was having a look At a chink .223 AK at a larger NZ gun shop
>asked to strip it down to see if I had to do a fuckload of surface polishing on the action
>used to own Saiga AK and clean it like an autist after every time I used it
>strip down fine, rifle was surprisingly not as rough as I imagined
>couldn't for the life of me get the fucking bolt and carrier back in
>guy at the shop does it for me
>guy who I kinda know was a bit further down the counter-looking at me like I'm a retard
>he ended up shooting his toe off with a 12gauge about a week later

Didn't buy the AK though, figured my sks does somewhat the same job
>>
>>31171269
That's adorable
>>
>>31173255
>AR10
>no one wanted to give me the time of day

Fuck this gay Earth
>>
>>31177358
>80's action first person shooter game

Could you list one of those games? You know, the ones from the 80s that were first person shooters
>>
>>31171130
is that michael phelps?
>>
>>31179657
Yep, before he first hopped in the water and got all swollen.
>>
>>31173190
>not paying in cash as much as possible
>>
>>31172618
is that a hard job to get?
>>
File: frankonia21.2m105.png (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
frankonia21.2m105.png
21KB, 400x300px
>be kraut, go to frankonia
> want to buy some blank cartridges and a "Multishooter" for new years eve.
> got a 1911er replica, "Multishooter" cames with a lots of adapters.
> want to know if some fits on my 1911
> points on the 1911 in the counter and aks: do the "Multishooter" fits on this 911
> guy looks like this is not Porsche and says yes
>buy the stuff an leave
>>
>>31171378
Gander Mountain fucking sucks with gun pricing. I just bought a S&W M&P-15 Sport II at a local gun store for $599, my first rifle, which seemed like a fucking steal because I usually saw them going for $700-$750.

About a week later I was walking around a gander mountain looking for a gun cabinet and some other shit. I went up to the gun counter to ask an employee for help and glanced over his shoulder at the ARs behind him. They had M&P-15 Sport IIs going for $950 I swear to god. I don't know who in their right mind would spend that much money on an entry-level, non-customized AR, but Gander Mountain must think its customers are fucking retarded. The other shit they had in-store seemed reasonably priced, but I'm never going to buy a firearm from a Gander Mountain.
>>
>>31173260
Biki?
>>
>>31173022
steady on lads, this isn't /b/
>>
File: image.png (238KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
238KB, 400x350px
>>31172782
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 262x263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 262x263px
>>31172960
You faggots this is a gun store story thread not revolver general
>>
>go to fun store just outside cook county
>not buying an ar or something else banned, just fuck giving my tax money to those faggots
>texting some people while the clerk takes 30 minutes to triple check every line of the 4473
>dude leans over the counter to see what I'm saying since its "company policy"
>fucking what
>this was after filing out my fucking life story on nongovernmental paperwork asking what my job is and what intended to use the gun for that I bullshitted on

Also make sure you never take up some clerks offer to show you how to disassemble a 1911 unless you want to stand there for 20 minutes and watch him fail to compress the recoil spring.
>>
>>31179742
>Fail to compress the recoil spring.

Does he try to put the recoil spring plug in before inserting the slide stop? Putting in the recoil spring plug is the first and last thing I do when stripping mine.
>>
>>31179806
No he just had weak baby hands and the gun was brand new so the spring was still stiff. Eventually I had to do it for him.
>>
File: 1462836122967.webm (566KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462836122967.webm
566KB, 640x360px
>>31179830
I was wondering, I've never seen anyone try to reassemble one with the plug already in place.
>>
>>31177702
Victoria?
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 403x403px
>me
>go to local funstore
>see Semi Auto MG-42
>ask if I can look at it
>"Sure anon, be careful though! It's heavy"
>noshit.jpg
>pick up gun
>it slips
>gun falls on my foot
>everyone stares at me as a loud crash from 42 hitting the ground happens
>I stand there, twitching my eye in pain
>pick up gun
>look at it on counter
>later, buy some .22LR
>leave, limping after '42 falls on fooot

Luckily, nothing was broken in my foot and nothing was damaged on the MG. I was offered medical assistance but declined it for I felt it was not necessary.
>>
>>31171090

>be me
>be 18
>walk into my LGS
>ask to see a Yugo SKS on the wall
>he hands it over
>starts small talk
>asks me how long I've been into guns
>tell him since I was a kid, just built my first AR
>buy SKS for $400
>he gives me an AR cleaning kit and 100 rounds of 7.62x39mm
>still buy most of my shit from him

everything went better than expected
>>
>>31179691
>be nogunz
>go to most fudd, most expensive hunting store I can find
>ask guy who works on Blasers and Merkels all day weather my normie toy will fit my blank gun
>>
>>31179742
>cook county
Might be moving near here soon. Definitely going to live outside of the county itself but will be working in it.

I have ARs and AKs already. How fucked am I?
>>
File: 44901.jpg (31KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
44901.jpg
31KB, 400x268px
>>31179938
>be nogunz
but can buy "Vogelschreck" legal
>go to most fudd, most expensive hunting store I can find
don´t care, it was the 31.12
>ask guy who works on Blasers and Merkels all day weather my normie toy will fit my blank gun
ah thats the reason why they got an extra counter for all the blank guns and normie toys, and why i have to stand in line and wait till ~15 guys got their stuff.
>>
>>31179962
Don't take a mag with more than 10 rounds inside the county unless you can be sneaky with it.
>>
>>31180098
But outside of cook i'm good to go as far as mags and salt weapons right?
>>
>>31177179
>They actually had it but wouldnt sell me it, they insisted the resident gun-smith install it and he was on some extended vacation. Fuck them, bought it online.

What retards. Gun shops like this need to go out of business.
>>
This instance wasn't at a gun shop, but at a gun show. It was about a year after the September 11th incident, and it was the first gun show that I had ever been to. About 10 minutes in, a wasp that had crawled up my pant leg decided that my ass deserved to die. I was within reach of a table that was showing tasers and stun guns, and the guy was zapping the air every few minutes. I was waiting for him to light me up, while I was trying to hurry my way through the crowd. I had about a dozen welts on my ass and thighs.
>>
>>31180130
Yes Chicago likes to think they run the rest of the state but luckily they're cancer is only local right now.
>>
File: Pistol Drills.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pistol Drills.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>31172289
As for the terminology, a Google search on that part demonstrated that it seems to be called a slide lock, slide release, and slide stop. I don’t know who the standard for firearms terminology would be, but “release” seems to be the vernacular.

You’re getting a lot of hate for this, but I’m mostly with you.

I found early on with my Jericho that using the slide release to chamber a round would fail to load it about 25% of the time. I got into the habit of pulling the slide back on each reload to guarantee I chamber a round. Made pic related to send to a friend to demonstrate it. You can see on the third run the slide release doesn’t work reliably.

Also found these articles on it:
http://www.ammoland.com/2015/05/why-i-dont-use-my-guns-slide-release-lever/#axzz4J13W8nGc
https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2014/4/8/its-a-slide-stop-not-a-slide-release/
>>
File: Pistol Drills 2.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pistol Drills 2.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>31180793
Whoops.
Webms for Bakas cut it off early.
Trial 3 here.
>>
>be me
>dog just killed by coyotes and want revenge
>go to lgs for a fun
>walk in and they're just staring at me like I'm an asshole
>looking at rifles behind the counter
>someone comes over and offers to get it for me
>it's a used savage 111
>look at it for 10 minutes
>it's selling for 380 schmeckles
I thought it was a good deal and bought it immediately, it was the only gun I looked at in a sea of funz
>>
>>31171090
>standing around LGS, waiting for employee to wander by
>flag him down, ask to look at Beretta 92FS
>He is a Glockfag incarnate, and looks at me with disgust
>"What do you want to see THAT for?"
>shrug
>they're just sexy I guess
>fumble with slide mounted safety
>hand shakes trying to pull heavy as fuck DA trigger
>hand it back quickly
>y-yeah, not for me thanks
>buy Beretta elsewhere and learn to appreciate it anyway

>different trip to same LGS
>ask to see CZ P-09
>employee hands it over, says nothing
>ask if he's heard anything about polymer CZs
>"No."
>o ok
>ask if he minds if I dry fire it
>"Whatever!"
>click click click
>it's okay I guess
>"...So should I get the paperwork started or not?"
>maybe next time thanks

>back at the same LGS
>I'm a glutton for punishment and it's convenient
>ask to see some other pistol I forget what
>drop mag, it springs out with surprising force
>steel mag slams onto glass counter top with a loud bang
>it bounces and then clatters to the floor, causing a deafening racket
>everyone in the store is staring
>my face is on fire
>s-sorry, butterfingers, heh heh...

>same LGS
>I swear it's not this bad all the time
>ask to check out Ruger SR1911
>grumpy looking old fart hands it to me
>function checking everything to get a feel for it
>rack slide with mag in, it locks back
>try to push down slide stop intending to ease the slide back into battery, not let it slam shut
>it won't fucking budge
>struggle with it for a moment
>"DON'T DO THAT! Take the magazine out then pull the slide back!"
>o-okay sorry
>>
>>31173190
I typically carry 10k in cash
Only armed like half the time
How are you supposed to come across any awesome deals?

How much do you want for "blank?"
>Oh I've never really thought about it.
Well, what's the lowest you'll take?
>I guess I could let it go for 5k
Here you go.
>Hmm uh alright, here's the paper work.
>>
My LGS is shit

>walk in
>older guy at counter
>say hi
>he just looks at me
>walk to the back to look at guns
>younger worker (late 20s) awkwardly watches me from a distance
>ask a question from older guy
>get an extremely disinterested answer
>prices are meh
>walk out without buying anything
I was really excited because it was the first gun store my town had gotten in years, but I don't think I'll be doing much business there besides online orders. I had friendlier service from gun shopping at fucking Fleet Farm.
>>
>>31171090
This kind of shit pisses me off as a hospitality professional. 10 minutes of deliberate consideration your first time customer experience and return costumer experience would pay off a hundred fold down the line. There is an lgs in my area that has done this to the n'th degree and they are killing it in a location that amounts to the top floor of a row house. This guy could have had you spending money there for 20 years and now you are an internet customer in all likelihood
>>
File: IMG_20160901_083118012.jpg (2MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160901_083118012.jpg
2MB, 2432x4320px
>>31172975
It fucks these teeth up, this much wear came from 3 spinning swing shuts.

>I just woke up, I could have probably done a better less revealing shitty picture, but fuck you.
>>
>>31171568
consider yourself lucky
ranges and gunstores suck dick
>>
>>31180978
Maybe theres a market here for titanium teeth gear replacements. Though this will probably wear that stud down faster, Ill have to offer a titanium friction stud also.
>>
>>31180950
I just don't see the point in them being an asshole, I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to guns but shit I'm willing to learn and just taking the few minutes to do their job and I'd exclusively go there because of the way I was treated
>>
>>31181006
I wouldn't mind a micro dot and moonclips. Although these don't get damaged under normal function. They're still well within tolerances just annoyed with my autistic friend because he watched too much Hollywood. To be fair, I wouldn't doubt he browse's here.
>>
File: areyougonnafinishthat.jpg (13KB, 417x342px) Image search: [Google]
areyougonnafinishthat.jpg
13KB, 417x342px
>>31179742
>inna UK
>going to buy steak knife for cutting mah steak
>already have permit and permission letter from PM
>go up to counter and request their 13cm blade
>"do you have the paperwork for this?"
>hand letter and permit
>"where's your notarized declaration of intent for use on non-human meat?"
>forgot it on the bus
>police called
>spend three nights in jail for attempting to purchase a deadly weapon

mfw
>>
>>31172975
Cowboying the shit out of it will end up bending the crane arm as well
>>
File: 1464394243881.jpg (23KB, 358x604px) Image search: [Google]
1464394243881.jpg
23KB, 358x604px
>19 years old
>go into lgs to inspect my sam7uf I ordered
>playing with the underfolder close to the all glass counter
>smash the stock into the glass
>cool face but dieing inside
>>
>>31181008
Exactly. The deer in the headlights customer should make them excited. Not only am I going to get to tell you about the wonderful world of guns. You are going to give me money and buy things I say are good. It comes down to hiring the right culture really. Don't hire fudds, hire waiters that know how to get you to add desert to your check and give them a good wage and bonus program. That or only work with people bought in somehow. The lgs I talked about had it down to the point where a nogunz mom type who had heard about the scary AR15 and came to get educated and comfortable with the rifle because her kid liked shooting or was going to be a cop or something. They brought out the gun and let her have coffee with it before sitting down and going over function and safety. Now she's bringing her whole family in for safety class. I'm telling you there is a lot of money that gets left on the table for small retailers because there behave like Walmart Lite without the discounts.
>>
>>31173255
Cash only? Well, that does make you think about your purchase - I sure as fuck don't normally carry sufficient quantities of cash to purchase a quality firearm. Check or credit card takes seconds, you have to go get cash.
>>
>>31171269
Flicking cylinders closed is a terrible thing to do to revolvers.
>>
>>31171929
Azusa?
>>
>>31180903
What if you lose your wallet?
>>
>>31179378
kek
>>31179497
is that a no no in gun stores?
>>
>>31181350
Mine everytime I go in just act rudely to myself and it just makes shopping there an awkward experience
>>
File: dan the man-1.jpg (203KB, 888x720px) Image search: [Google]
dan the man-1.jpg
203KB, 888x720px
>>31179378
>assembled by drunken monkies, disassembled by sober humans
>>
The first time I purchased a handgun (My father passed my shotguns down to me) I simply did some research, picked out the pistol I wanted based on that research, went in and said "THAT ONE" held it in my hands and confirmed some of my research... did my background check and paid for it and went home

Why is everything autistic with you guys?
>>
>>31181588
The kid who went in wearing a trench coat, walked in without ever making eye contact, pointed at a gun after the clerk said "hi, how are you doing" replied with "this one", filled out his paperwork while keeping his eyes to the ground, tugged on his chain to pull his wallet out of his gallon capacity cargo pockets and walked out silently when the clerk said "have a nice day".
Calling others autist, lel!
>>
>>31181588
You're in a "times you've embarrassed yourself" thread
>>
>>31173458
Dude I never thought I'd say this but I wish I lived in Ontairio
>>
>>31172237
>I'm fine
But then she cheats on me with 5 different guys because she's "confused"
Fuck you Victoria
>>
>>31180793
>>31180820
My Jericho doesn't seem to have that problem.
>>
>>31179687
It's 99.9% paperwork and migraines you don't want it
>>
>>31180950
T.
Applebees host
>>
File: IMG_20160728_170719190.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160728_170719190.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
>>31172702
Never shoot guns anymore, anon. You might damage them.
>>
>>31180978
Nice crotch bb
>>
>walk into gunstore
>guys standing there with an old A2 style Colt AR
>"oh nice, I have a Match HBAR at home a lot like that one"
>they both stare silently
>okay, whatever
>look at pistol counter
>basically it's all shit
>ask if they have any 16ga shells in stock
>"you sure you don't have a 12 or a 20?"
>"yeah, I bought the gun specifically because it's in 16ga"
>"ugh, we have some in the back I think."
>"oh, nevermind then"
>leave
>never go back

>go to other lgs
>dude starts chatting me up
>sells me a 1941 Femaru 37M in .32 ACP
>keep going there, I like the shop
>become good buddies with the owner
>he gives me free mags and helps me work on my guns
>I help him fix guns and various stuff around the shop
>we talk shit about other lgs's with crap service all the time
>>
>>31179418
Naw it was up in Rochester.
>>
>>31179647
>can't into sarcasm
Thank you for proving my point.
>>
>>31179694
I mad that mistake once. First time "assault weapon" owner and saw a M&P 15 sporter for $900, got all giddy and bought it. Not but 3yrs later I realized I over paid by $300-$400 for an entry level AR.
>>
>go to new lgs
>this is during the vp9 meme
>ask to see vp9 for shits and giggles
>put hand where I normally would
>mag release is where I normally put my thumb
>accidentky hit it and drop mag on floor
>feel retarded but the dude said don't worry about it, he did it too
>why would you put that there
>>
>>31182020
I paid 600 for my mp 15-22 at big five sporting goods
I tell myself I got it when it just had come out so it's ok ;_;
>>
File: 1450837900027.jpg (36KB, 465x509px) Image search: [Google]
1450837900027.jpg
36KB, 465x509px
>>31171090
>tfw im a muslim gun owner
>complete with my turbin and all
>moved to the US when I was like 3, dont even remember growing up in iran
>family doesnt like to talk about it either, im not even 100% sure its Iran im from
>half of my family was extreme snackbars, believing in jihad, mistreating my mom and her aunts, wanting to beat people to death with rocks, the whole nine yards
>my family sneaks out of the country with then 3 year old me, my siblings and the other half of my family that was against the other, more extreme half
>decide to be as pro american as I can get, fully support the 2nd amendment and study american history
>aside from the food and my good family, im a self hating muslim
>dad warns us saying if the rest of the family ever finds us theyd probably kill us
>arm myself up
>9/11 happens
>havent been able to walk into a gun store in over 10 years without getting stares
>get everything online now

there was a period when it wasnt so bad, then recently all these other attacks got people freaked out again. It hasnt been this bad since the early 2000s for me
>>
>>31182020
You'd have overpayed by only about $200 today.
>>
>>31179378
Stone cold. I was in no shape to re assemble it.
>>
>>31182063
Trade the turban for a sombrero and shave the beard into a mustache and squint. Bam, instant beaner.
>>
>>31182070
Was still annoyed when I found out. And being it was in NY I was limited to a 10rd mag, no flash suppressor, fixed "collapsible" stock. In retrospect it was a bad purchase. Might sell it to a LEO buddy back in NY and get a new AR that isn't cucked.
>>
>>31171111
There are ollder guys where I go to shoot, its a store/range, and I would always have a rough time there because they are good ol boys that deal with retards all day

After spending some time on the range and buying a few guns from them they can see that i buy 'the right' guns and they give me discounts without even me asking. Just bought another rifle from them and the guy dropped off almost a hundred bucks off the price.

>Pro-tip: Dont ask for discounts, you dont barter at your grocery store or at starbucks, and you spend lots of money there.
>>
>>31181456
Then I am totally fucked, although I've been carrying a wallet since 13 and I haven't lost it yet at 27. I check my pockets every time I stand up or get done paying for something. Form good habits and value your wallet over your life and you should be fine.
>>
>>31182143
I've only ever paid sticker price for a gun once, and the guys at my LGS's are still cool. Guns, cars, and houses you can get away with haggling, and if you go to a local farmer's market you can probably haggle and barter there as well.
>>
>>31182129
This WILL work, I get people in my store that are mexican, and sometimes I have to wait to hear their accent to see if they are explosive or taco.
>>
>>31182063
Just dress like a frat boy
>>
File: biden_double_guns_AP.jpg (36KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
biden_double_guns_AP.jpg
36KB, 475x356px
>>31182063

Walk in and buy a gun in english, but the whole time be also on your phone and speaking very loudly in your father's tongue.

Post results for lulz.
>>
>>31182434
ive actually had to do that. Again its mostly stares. but having 7-8 people staring right the fuck at you and not even being subtle about it...
picture when you were in middle school and you had to give a presentation the the class and everyone is glaring at you
>>
>walk into a gun store
>why do I have to wait 10 days
>this is california

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOUR STATE
>>
>>31181498
Generally the rule is to leave mags out so it's very obvious they are unloaded. I would have poked my head up to just to see what was going on and to ensure the guy didn't just put a loaded mag in there to try to rob the store or off himself
>>
>>31173334
>a latent fear that you actually have some catch or another engaged and that without some 'trick' you're going to break it if you force it.

ive done that before. never with a gun, but ive forced thigs open/closed etc and broken them
>>
>>31182885
I'm ashamed to say I once broke the firing pin safety plunger lever on a series 80 1911 because I forced the slide back on while the lever was still up.

I also didn't realize I broke anything because the gun still functions just fine with a snapped lever, except for the fact that the firing pin never unlocks and goes forward when you pull the trigger. So when I took it and a couple other guns to the range later that day, I was confused as to why it did not fire whatsoever.

Took it apart, and just face palmed when I realized what I had done.

If I had done a proper pencil test, or just looked at the linkage, I would have realized the issue. Then again, if I didn't try to force something like a retard, it would have never happened in the first place.
>>
>be me
>12
>canadian
>be in Florida on vacation
>go to gun range with dad
>dad asks if we can get a basic firearms operation lesson
>tells clerk we are canadian
>clerk gives most snobby smug face
>says he can only give us range rules due to legal shit
>dad asks for recommendation on what gun to fire
>clerk recommends brand new walther p22
>not know shit about firearms and is unable to prevent oncoming shitfest
>take rimfire jam fest out to range
>range instructer looks my way as I'm about to discharge gun
>fire off one round
>slide catches on hammer
>dad try's to assist
>cycles gun manually magazine still in gun
>double feed
>look towards range instructer
>has same smug look clerk had
>dispite noticing our struggles does nothing to help
>whole time he watches as gun fails to cycle
>Mfw he is in on it with the clerk
>Mfw it's all a ruse
>Mfw this is my first experience operating a firearm
>12 year old self blames ammo

And that's why I have a grudge against rimfire.
>>
>>31183236
Ugh, what a couple of assholes.
>>
>>31183236
I hate Canada as much as the next burger but this was shitty of them.
I'm not even a RO but when I see someone at the range that's clearly a new shooter struggling I'll ask if they would like some help.
Sorry about your experience maple, next time don't mention being subhuman your kind has evolved to look free.
>>
>>31183236
>And that's why I have a grudge against rimfire.

I have a similar shitty story

>be me
>15-ish
>shooting a henry lever action
>doesn't close properly
>gun fires out of battery
>unburnt powder embedded in face

To this day I have not fired another lever action.
>>
>>31172618
Denver?
>>
>>31183305
>I hate Canada as much as the next burger
So not all? Because Canada is fucking based

>Allied with us against Russian in the cold war
>Super chill border policies because Canadians are based
>Shares the best parts of their culture without stepping on ours

Our friends to the south on the other hand, just traffic people drugs, and criminals while refusing to integrate culturally in any way. I'll take Canadians shitposting about hockey any day over HEY ESSE I'M BREAKING INTO YOUR CAR HEY ESSE I'M BREAKING INTO YOUR CAR HEY ESSE I'M BREAKING INTO YOUR CAR
>>
>>31183363
Faggot detected
>>
>>31183409
Name one issue America has had with Canada in the last century.
>>
>>31183409
waste of life wetback scum detected.
>>
File: enhanced-30282-1404405708-43.jpg (47KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-30282-1404405708-43.jpg
47KB, 500x357px
Canada is our best friend and i'll literally shit on anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>31183451

oy vey
>>
>>31177179
I hate it when shops are like that. I have a few LGS in my area and 2/3 of them are great. There is the tactical one that sells tacticool ars and aks as well as some milsurp and fudd guns on consignment. The guys there are friendly, helpful, and almost always have cheap .22 in stock. They also carry lots of ammo and jelly bean parts for ARs. Plus everything to fulfill gear queer needs. The other good LGS is a family run place. It is mostly fudd guns but they carry AR parts a couple ARs and AKs. They have some ammo, mostly hunting stuff but also some milsurp. They are the nicest people I have ever met in a gun shop. It is an older man, his daughter and his two sons that run the place. Super helpfull, friendly, and chill, and they dont charge out the ass for things It is like if Hickock45 owned a gun shop. Then there is the worst LGS to ever grace the face of this earth. Take all the bad stories on /k/ and roll them into 1 gun shop and this is what you get. The staff is a mix of retarded fudds and james yeagers with downs syndrome. Everything is overpriced they want 18.99 for 100cci mini mags. They have a mix of tacticool and fudd stuff but all of it is overpriced. They also have an indoor range. It is an ok range but dealing with the staff isnt worth it when I could drive to blm land in less time and for less money. A couple months ago some guy offed himself in the range the local joke is it was because he decided it was easier to kill himself than deal with the staff. The chain stores we have here arnt bad they are usually a bit over priced but reasonably so and the staff is usually pretty neutral and at least compotent.
>>
I never know what to really do when a LGS clerk hands me a gun I ask to see. I just kind of awkwardly stare at it in my hands. Honestly I just buy online for everything now to avoid this awkwardness, gladly pay the $20 transfer fee. I always know exactly what I want anyway.
>>
File: Ron-Swanson-Canada-Postage4.jpg (35KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
Ron-Swanson-Canada-Postage4.jpg
35KB, 600x332px
>>31183439
>>31183440
>>31183451
Stay mad socialist turds
>>
File: image.png (113KB, 520x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
113KB, 520x414px
>>31180826
Did you avenge your dog?

My story
>be me
>not in home state, going to school
>go to local gun store to buy an ar lower
>chat with the guys in the store for a while
>everyone is nice
>guy shows me all the lowers they have
>pick one out
>fill out form for one
>guy asks for my drivers license
>see that it's from the next state over
>snatches paperwork out of my hand
>"we can't sell you that lower"
>internally sperg out
>no one says anything else after that
>walk out of store never to return
>mfw
>>
>>31183537
Keep stealing 1992 toyota corollas for your cousins chop shop wetback scum.
>>
>>31183704
>if you live in North America you may only be Mexican or Canadian
>>
>>31171378
>360 out
so you did a twirl and started walking towards him?
>>
>>31184409
Most people at least wait to not be so new before tripfagging.
>>
>>31176430
>rifle cog with stand...
>>
>>31184529
i am not new, but still i am unfamiliar with this meme
is this a meme?
>>
>>31182694
Just picture then all naked arabianon
>>
>>31184848
360 degrees then walked away is a very, very old meme.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>be me
>15 minutes ago
>picking up my Remington Model 11
>having the owner's brother order me a Rock Island
>landwhale walks in
>walks up to us at the counter
>is this where I pay my gas bill?
>I thought this is where I pay my gas bill
>mfw
I shit you not
>>
>>31185093
oh.
if it is over 5 years old then i don't know it, other than the ones that everyone and their mother knows
>>
>>31171090
>looking for 9mm
>almost bought a box of 9mm tokarov
>cashier asks me what kind of 9mm I have
>tell him it's a glock
>he suggests I get 9mm luger instead
>mfw I didn't realize the difference at the time

I have betrayed my Germanic ancestors.
>>
>>31179657
Didn't read the filename of the photo did you?
>>
>>31185123
So you ARE new, is what you're saying.

Anyway, on topic, here's a story of me making a fool out of myself at my LGS

> looking at CZ-75s
> friend with me is looking at silencers
>"so what's the law with silencers, anyway, anon?"
>I turn to LGS owner
>"so what's the law with silencers, sir?"
>he talks for literally 30 minutes straight about how the laws WERE, how they are NOW, how he expects them to be in 5 years, the benefits and detriments to having a trust vs buying without one

Don't get me wrong, it was very informative, but my friend was bored to tears and a little assblasted that I wasted 30 minutes of potential range time discussing politics with some chubby FUDD with his gun attached to him with a wallet chain. Thus, I was mildly embarrassed to have asked.
>>
>>31171090
putting rifles back on the shelf sloppy and causing a domino reaction knocking about a dozen guns onto the floor
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 800x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 800x733px
>Be me at LGS shooting my CZ P07.
>Shooting at 15 yards
>As I'm loading another mag my target's hit by the dude next to me.
>Browhatthehell.wav
>Turns out it's the LEAD PISTOL COURSE INSTRUCTOR
>Starts to complaining to his dick rider homie "Buck" about his sights are off.
>Says "My sights are off." And other bull shit.
>YOU'RE THE LEAD PISTOL INSTRUCTOR HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO THAT?
Mfw
>>
>>31182063
Well, if you want to go target shooting with some people that give a shit about your background, go to a /k/ meetup.

>be at Virginia NuggetFest
>public range, so some normies around while we're at the range
>white college normie is showing his Turban wearing middle eastern buddy how to shoot pistols
>talked to them about their pistols
>no one gave a shit that he was a Turbanbro

He wasn't even part of the meetup or /k/ and no one treated him any different than the other random locals.
>>
>>31185210
5 years =/= new

i understand the originalfag-to-newfag chart, but 5 years is a long time
>>
>>31171090

If this story is accurate, you didn't fuck up, some shops just have shit-tier owners and employees. There's a shop/range near me that is notorious for being a bunch of elitist shit heads who only bend over backwards for law enforcement and ex-military types.
>>
File: 1390873922668.png (431KB, 400x390px) Image search: [Google]
1390873922668.png
431KB, 400x390px
>>31183614
Jesus anon, at least you didn't try to get into a pissing match with the clerk.
So many retards from states over trying to buy guns in my state and when told they can't they get pissed.
Or people that come in trying to buy a gun for someone who failed their background check or didn't have their license probably because of dui and get pissed because no straw purchases.

>>31185122
>old black lady walks in
>ask her if she needs help
>she talks super soft and says something about paying something
>lean in closer and ask her to repeat it
>she's asking where to pay her bill
>explain that we don't do layaway or anything requiring payments
>she says she rented a vacuum cleaner here and needs to pay the bill they called her and told her to come pay
>tell her she has the wrong store
>asks me where the store she's looking for is
>how_the_fuck_should_I_know.jpg
>no clue of anyone who rents vacuum cleaners in this city
>she asks if this building was recently put in
>no ma'am this place has been here for over fifteen years
>she asks well do you know the building a few minutes up the road from here?
>no ma'am I don't
>she thanks me and leaves
>mfw this lady walks into a store full of guns and shit and asks about vacuum cleaners

No embarrassing stories though.
>>
>>31185260
So for as long as I have been browsing /k/ (3 years or so), and being Irish, I just assumed LGS was some massive chain of American gun stores, like a Walmart for guns.

And like right now it hit me that it stands for local gun store.

I am so fucking retarded.
>>
>>31183312
This literally cannot happen with a marlin or winnie, they both have disconnects and cannot fire until the bolt is fully closed.

Tl;Dr, henry sucks ass.
>>
>>31172070
They also both have difficulties with silencing.

Sorry I had too
>>
>>31185146
9mm tokerev is not a thing that exist, my stupid friend.
>>
>>31185554
Tombstone tactical is that you?
I legitimately saw this same event you described unfold when I was there buying a handgun.
>>
>>31186048
Makarov, sorry. I don't into slav weapons as you can tell.
>>
>>31185481
I think you are spelling years wrong and you actually mean minutes.
>>
>>31185678
fuck, german here, I thought that too
>>
>>31186068
Apparently there's an epidemic of old black ladies needing to pay off their vacuum cleaners at gun stores.
No, not Tombstone.
>>
>>31173260
>>31173334
I'm actually glad I secretly got my hands of my dad's .45 and finger fucked it before he eventually bothered to teach me
>>
>>31175982
The 1911 is an outdated pistol
>>
>>31186068
Wait I thought tombstone did do financing and layaway
>>
>>31181316
Hehe I managed to drop the barrel of a slr l1a1 on a glass counter top once. Stressful
>>
>driving home from college
>see a small gun store and decide to pull over
>NJ has no good stores so I just order everything online and want to see what a real gunstore is like
>holy shit there's a sale on blue dot for 15 bucks a pound
>and they have a bunch of molds under MSRP
>get a couple cans and a .45-70 mold
>guy at counter asks for ID
>okay, I can understand that
>'Sorry, no sales to NJ citizens'
>wat
>explain it's perfectly legal
>'Then why don't you buy it there?'
>leave the stuff on the counter and walk out
>forgot I left my license on the counter
>fuck fuck fuck
>drive home without it
>>
File: 1471977119433.jpg (48KB, 494x622px) Image search: [Google]
1471977119433.jpg
48KB, 494x622px
>few years ago
>be 17
>going to a pawn shop with dad to browse around trying to find something interesting
>go into old ass pawn shop
>three old guys and one like 7 year old sitting in rockers in the store
>they're blocking the door way and all throughout the store
>make us feel like assholes for making them move
>finally get to the glass cases and start looking
>look to the right of me into this back room
>literally the biggest fucking dog I've ever seen
>huge Doberman swole as fuck
>thing probably gets mad pussy desu
>meanwhile all the old fucks are staring at us not saying a word
>me and dad try to be friendly but they just mumble
>decide fuck this place let's leave
>go to Academy
>"hello what can I help you with?"
>yeah can we see *insert whatever we looked at*
>the guy was hanging $1000+ guns to a 17 year old
>dad bought me my first shotgun that day
>mfw
>>
>>31171174
Where you at Wi bro? Polk county here.
>>
>>31185481
Just stop, nobody is entertained by your shitposting.
>>
>>31186174
It's done its job pretty well for the past 115 years it's been used.
>>
File: 1246761226581[1].gif (34KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1246761226581[1].gif
34KB, 300x200px
>>31184409
>>31184848
>>31185123
>>31185481
>being this new
>>
>>31180826
You didn't tell the story of killing the coyotes.
>>
>>31171369
Cabellas is like that.
>Be me freshly ETS'd from the Army
>Poorfag constantly working in Maryvale and South Mountian
>dindu's and orales everywhere
>need gun but not a lot of money
>go to Cabellas because I didn't know any >better
>see PT140 Millennium Pro that's in my budget
>fudd at desk tells me I should buy an XD >because that's what he trusts to protect his family
>nigicantaffordthat.jpg
>buy it anyway
>no regrets but wish I knew about LEO trade in >Glocks
>only buy ammo from Cabellas now because all
>employees are fudds and prices are insane
>>
>>31186176
I was just referring to the old lady asking about vacuums
>>
>>31188503
Check out Arizona firearms dude
They have extremely cheap prices
At least they did haven't bought from them in a while.
>>
File: would of.jpg (17KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
would of.jpg
17KB, 500x308px
>>31171747
>>
>>31188503
Yeah I just recently bought a gun from Cabela's but it will probably be my last. They just don't go above and beyond to earn my business.
>>
>>31188503
that's not how you memetext, friendo
>>
>>31183614
>>31188234
I didn't get them. After buying the gun the next nights were silent. We hadn't heard them for months
>>
>>31189214
I think the worse part of all of this was that my girlfriend was the first to find our dog, she had raised this thing from a puppy, the dog was born on our land and like it crushed my girlfriend just to even see it
>>
>>31188503
cabelas is an odd animal, at least with used guns they are either stupid overpriced or underpriced to the point that it makes you wonder if someone from fishing was filling in for the guy pricing guns that day. Some anon in a past thread worked at cabelas and said it has to do with how much they get the gun for, and usually you can negotiate it down sometimes a couple bills below sticker price.
>>
>window shopping, ask to see some pistols
>they lock the slide and hand it to me
>after asking, try to release the slide
>awkardly failing to slingshot
>hit slide release, try to look at magazine
>awkardly not pressing the magazine release hard enough
>all while awkardly trying to not sweep anyone
sometimes I just got sweaty hands and don't want to grip their merchandise too hard
>>
>>31179694
They want $600 for cosmoed yugo aka at mine.
>>
>>31189682
I did this shit last week when I bought my last handgun.
>>
>>31189214
>>31189364

I hear ya. We have problems with pets going missing all the time around where I live. I sometimes hear them biting and yipping at each other in my yard when we're sleeping, and some of my neighbors have said they've caught them peering into their windows and pawing at the side of the house at night too.
>>
>>31171090
fuck that old shithead. with customer service like that i hope hisstore is going out of business ,bitch doesnt desrve to run a gun store
>>
>>31190444
>peering into their windows

Skinwalker pls go
>>
>>31171090
I'm sorry anon. That guy was a dick. The first gun shop I went into as a teen the owner was very friendly and accommodating. Fuck that shop.
>>
>>31172782
im 6'4" 230 lbs. bitch. i'll hold you down and prolapse your colon.
>>
>>31178030
weaver stance is shit anyways ask miculek
>>
>>31171090
You're dumb asf. I would've walked out as soon as I saw those lazy sack of shits not come up to a customer. How do they expect to run a business like that?
>>
>>31180908
my lgs is like that too
>i went in to buy a laser for my pistol communicate such to the fat piece of shit behind counter
>he's got a shitty attitude from the begining like i'm ruining his day by being ther
>tries to sell me $555 laser FUCKNO.jpg
>settle on $70 dollar snap on module
>attitude gets worse when i ask for the $70 laser instead
>purchase it
>on way out i try to remain courteous "have a good one" his response: "yeah"
> i stop mid stride halfway out the door "you know what? i want to return this laser" "what?" "yeah i want to get a refund for this laser"
>glares at me for like 15 seconds unblinking "okay" >i set the laser on the counter and he counts out my money in silence
>take the money and say to him " it's not hard to show to common decency to the people who put food on your table"
>his face flushes red but he doesn't say anything
>turn and walk out
>write a bad Facebook review, yelp review, and Google review
>never go back
>>
>>31190711
I think my lgs is actually putting up fake reviews because of the times I've been there it's just been shitty
>>
>>31190739
I bet. That lgs I visited for sure was. There would be generic good reviews like 'had good prices, great selection, and friendly customer service' and then bad reviews that are obviously real personal stories. At least it's pretty easy to spot
>>
>>31180903
>I typically carry 10k in cash

the police are allowed to seize that money on grounds of it being such an amount is inherently suspicious
>>
>>31173018
Remeber that the first revolvers where black powder with percussion caps.
Hard to make an automatic with percussion cap.
>>
>army navy shit store
>all the staff members are the most friendly helpful people you will ever meet...till you go to the gun section
>fat lazy rude over pricing ass clowns that lie to uneducated people just looking to get into hobby
>just go to buy surplus stuff that's dirt cheap because gun department has nothing to do with it
>older lady looking for a gun for self defense against ex husband who broke into her home
>try to pawn off some used poly Taurus (the shitty neon colored ones with a white frame) $475 for a used Taurus
>says it has a laser so you can't miss
>I interrupt and explain to the woman those are in the mid $300 range new and the laser bullshit is bullshit.
>employee tells me to fuck off literally
>woman looks at me and asks if I wouldn't mind helping her out
>get told to leave
>go to leave and walk past front counter, say would like to buy $150 worth of ammo cans($4.75 for the 50 cal cans)
>gun department has to load half a pallet in my truck
>smug look on my face as they load them by hand looking like they are gunna have heart attacks because manual labor.
>>
>>31191030
At least they still wanted your money
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 720x720px
>>31171090
>be in the non-Fudd gun store in town
>make stupid cringey joke about government
>quietly buy new pistol and leave feeling retarded.
Worse I've done.
>>
>>31191030
My grudge against this store started out when I first got into guns
>order galil of impact guns when they where in the $400 range
>don't get call that gun has arrived but I'm checking the tracking info like a hawk so I know they got it and who signed for it
>go to store
>get told by rude fuck we can't sell you this gun because it has a pistol grip and you're only 18
>no such fucking law
>says I can transfer it to a parent or anyone 21 or older
>come back next day with dad have him fill out paperwork
>we sent the gun back yesterday
>flip out and leave
>impact guns calls me saying army navy said I failed a background check so they sent the gun back
>they run a check and it comes back clean, they end up sending gun to cabelas and sent me 2 spam cans of ammo for free.
>>
>>31191067
Well the gun part is considered a separate store, the surplus stuff is ran by the surplus department. The only reason the gun employees had to deal with it is it's gun related. The gun section makes no money off the surplus stuff but has to load it and deal with it
>>
Similar experience

I own tons of guns of all types but I always go deer in the headlights at gun stores

>at gander mountain
>ask to see USP tactical behind the shelf
>hold it for about ten seconds
>haha... Thanks
>hand it back
>grip is visibly wet from my palm sweat
>immediately leave
>>
>walk into big city store, drove 4 hours and saved money for trip
>standing by crates labelled 7.62x41, confused
>ask for vz 58 ammo
>douchebag behind the counter says Im standing on it, points to crate
>I want two crates and pick 2 that arent broken and move them
>guy almost yells at me, tells me to put them down
>says last week a guy put a crate on the glass and broke it
>I wasnt doing that, I just wanted to pick mine out
>guy is still an asshole and yells put them down, put them down, until I take my hands off them
>should have walked out then but I came a long way for this ammo
>Im also buying several bulk packs of 9mm and american .308 ammo
>I ask for a vz 58 magazine, he pulls out a dinky butchered 5/5 mag
>I say no thanks I want a full length mag
>looks at me like Im some criminal who already unpinned it

Milarm, never again fuck those goofs
>>
>>31191162
Don't patronize dicks
>>
>>31171929
No its what you get for losing a part of your AR15
>>
>>31171174
The only bad lgs near where I go (close to WI-IL border) is the bass and pro. The smaller stores are pretty good. However, one store has 3 sks's going for $800-$900 each
>>
>>31191113
Jesus shit what a bunch of assholes
>>
File: 1444844508207.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1444844508207.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>/r9k/-tier autist
>go to LGS to finally buy my first rifle
>kind of nervous because I don't want to come across like a weirdo fuck so I spent the night before researching everything I'll have to do (how to fill out the forms, whatever specific details about the gun I need, etc.)
>walk in and everything goes fine, I tell the clerk what I'm looking for and he picks it off the wall for me
>making small talk and then he asks me if I wanted any ammo
>I reply yes and ask where it is but I must have spoken too quietly or mumbled
>he mishears me and thinks I asked him what KIND of ammo it uses, and gives me a confused look like "why are you buying a gun if you don't even know what it shoots" and then tells me what round to look for
>grab a couple boxes from the ammo area and bring them back, the rest of the time he treats me like I'm kind of an idiot who doesn't know how guns work

I know it's a pretty dumb thing to get embarrassed about but it was my first time buying a gun and I didn't want to look like a dummy
>>
>>31191533
I was beta af when I got my firearms licence
>wall in and buy like 3 guns, 10/22 being one of them
>you'd think the clerk would be friendly but he's not
>treats me like a kid, I was about 19 just got into guns
>I ask for "ammo for my .22"
>He says ok lets get some ""ammo"" for your .22
>says ammo like its an alien word, mocking me
>hands me several bricks of thunderbolt, says theyre on special
>me not knowing any better bought like 4 bricks
>also didnt do my research, didnt know about /k/ or other internet forums
>wanted a bolt action for funsies
>nugget would be perfect fit
>sells me a $1000 snowflake caliber browning
>get nervous, have more money then sense and buy it along with obscenely priced hunting ammo

Now I know to research thoroughly what I want and order stuff online
>>
>>31171269
"Cowboying" the cylinder is terrrrrible for the revolver. I know it looks cool in fallout 3, but that's video games m8
>>
I know this isn't the right thread but do you guys think the vp9 is any good. I've been looking into it and I really want to buy one
>>
>>31183704
http://fusion.net/story/236131/canada-to-lift-visa-requirements-for-mexicans/
>>
>>31191030
Damn I wish I could find 50cal cans that cheap.
>>
>>31179883
Jesus Christ you're autistic
>>
>>31179962
I lived in Lake County, and it's not bad there. Crook county is shit and pretty CA/NY-like, if not worse.
>>
>>31189757
That is supposed to say sks
>>
>>31191320
Which side of the border? I'm due south of Madison, pretty good shops in this area.
>>
>>31181117

Kek I hate this place, never shouldve left the usa
Thread posts: 296
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.