[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New York state Anderson pistol/preban 30 mags? OK gize. Haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

New York state Anderson pistol/preban 30 mags?

OK gize. Haven't shot an ar since Iraq in 1990. Now I'm itching to hold one again, so:

Anderson pistol-5.56 (have pistol permit)
SB or Blade wrist brace
Single top rail
Free float, overmolded Hogue round tube handguard
Preban mags
Optic to be determined,(if any)

Anderson no-lube cuz Balad burns pits left me with hella allergies to gun cleaning products. (Try to 10-ring while sneezing! Rash on hands. My WIFE has to clean my .45 after shooting FFS!)

Can I use preban 30 round mags in AR pistola in NY?

How much we talking, all-in?

How to lighten? (Best products?)

Nice place you got here, mind if I stay?!
>>
>>31170967
NY safe act will not be your friend. This scary assault weapon/pistol will need to be registered and assuming it is legal afterwards will be limited to 10 round mags. While I doubt many people follow any of that more than 50 miles out of NYC it would likely be smart to not advertise. Looks like a neat setup though have fun
>>
>>31172279
If it's sold to me by Anderson as a pistol, it just goes on my pistol permit, right?
>>
No further registration needed? >>31172279
>>
>>31172448
To be honest still learning NY law. My last residence was further south and more permissive. If you bought it as a pistol and your permit says its a pistol then I guess its a pistol. I would suggest checking with a non retarded local gun store for the quirky state and local laws and how they complicate the federal ones. After that....... optic maybe an open holographic or red dot?
>>
>>31172499
Yeah, that makes sense. Never know what the local witch doctors have tacked onto Safe Act.

Not sure on optics. I'm old, and all my shootin was iron sights. Which is better for grampas? ;)
>>
>>31173157
>Not sure on optics. I'm old, and all my shootin was iron sights. Which is better for grampas? ;)
you probably want an optic on an ar pistol even if you mastered irons.
even with a brace installed the length of pull is really short.
if you try to hold the "pistol" correctly or shoulder it will be uncomfortable unless you are a small person who liked shooting with the buttstock fully collapsed.
a red dot lets you compromise on stance and still hit.
>>
As a NY state resident, I regret to inform you that you cannot purchase this. The SAFE act dictated that all "assault weapons" must be registered or sold out of state. Once registered, they were no longer transferable and if found with an unregistered salt rifle, it's a felony.

Sorry anon but it looks like you need to buy a boat and go for a leisure cruise with your collection, just be aware of sudden waves and mid summer ice bergs or you might loose something.
>>
>>31173189
Thanks a shit-ton for your help, guys. I'm on military disability so money counts. What's a few good barebones red dots that'll last? Can't afford to be buying junk.
>>
>>31173276
If I have a pistol permit, can't I buy an ar pistol?
:'(
>>
>>31173282
bare minimum acceptable quality budget red dots are primary arms or vortex. thats still in the 90-200 range though
>>
>>31173344
K, I'll start reading, thanks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.