[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

medical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 16

Does /k/ into medical? After witnessing my second car accident yesterday, I'm going to start getting some basic medical training, having medical inside my vehicle and learn how to use basic stuff like a torniquet.
>>
I'm a critical care physician
>>
>>31167483
I'm mil trained on basic first aid and ifak use. Not sure if it's true or not but helping people like that at random with no sort of certification or proof of cert just sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
> yeah you saved my life from bleeding out but that start thing really hurt my leg
> lawsuit for "damages" incoming
>>
>>31167483
Enjoy being Joe Hero for 5 sec and then get sued by some asshole because you decided to help helped.
>>
>>31167513
>Not sure if it's true or not but helping people like that at random with no sort of certification or proof of cert just sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen

I thought this but I live in Florida where there is the Good Samaritan law which protects you from being sued if you're helping with good intentions.
>>
>>31167483
That TQ needs to be higher
>>31167513
That's why good samaritan laws exist.
>>
>>31167483
Fuckin useless if you live within any decent response time of an ambulance. You have to train constantly in order to be worth a shit in an emergency. If you just learn it and then never train again, you will cause more damage and will probably get sued.

The best thing would be to carry a first aid bag in your car. That way if someone who does know what they are doing (off duty EMT, nurse, fire fighter) happens by, they can start treatment until the ambulance arrives.
>>
>>31167517
>what are good samaritan laws
>>
>>31167522
It's obviously a demo, you fuck-knuckle.

>>31167483
Do it, and keep your knowledge up to date. You and the people around you will be better for it.
>>
>>31167532
Kill yourself, idiot
>>
File: hockey accident.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hockey accident.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Aside from medical, what are some good things to keep in your car? I'm going to buy some road flares, an extra flashlight and an auto escape tool.
>>
>>31167533
>what are varying state to state good samaritan laws
good samaritan laws are state laws, not federal laws. a state Good Samaritan law will not protect you from liability in a federal civil rights lawsuit. and just not worth the risk or hassle.
>>
>>31167513
>I'm mil trained on basic first aid and ifak use.

Fuck stay away from me. I'd rather die than get operated on by a hack like you.
>>
Former EMT here,

Learned a few things and saw a few things the years I worked like a mule.
> If you witness a car accident and want to help. If they get knocked out by airbags, start holding c-spine, try to prevent them from moving their neck around. (unless there is immediate danger from fire, get them the fuck out and then immobilize)

My story:
> Pulled up to the scene of a car accident.
> Guy turning left got hit by guy who decided to run red light.
> Guy who got hit was furious out of his car running on adrenaline, pissed off shouting at the idiot who hit him.
> My partner runs up to the guy and is trying to talk him down, trying to get him to lay down and relax.
> Next thing we know the guy collapses dead. No Heart Rate, no breathing.
> We work him up, start compressions, call ALS, whole 9 yards.
> Guy passed away, death by Spinal Shock.
> There was literally nothing we could have done.
>>
>>31167597
It'll be okay, bro. I wrote the time I put your tourniquet on on your forehead.
>>
>>31167588
You sound like the Chinese.
>>
>>31167774
>tfw I'm half asian half white
you could be onto something
>>
>>31167533
>>31167588
Not sure about anywhere else, but here in California they are looking for ways to actually sue Good Samaritans.

> Witness elderly person clutch chest and fall to the ground.
> Run over, check Circulation, Airway, Breathing..
> Start preforming CPR, 30 compression's a minute using adequate depth, 2 breaths after each cycle, ensuring adequate check rise.
> Elderly in distress starts breathing on his own, rolls over and angrily curses you for saving him... says he had a DNR
> Well fuck how were you supposed to know, doesn't matter Elderly person takes you to court.
> You lose because you saved his ungrateful life....
> GG motherfuckers GG
>>
>>31167805
fuck, adequate CHEST RISE

>mistype
>>
>>31167574
A gas can, jumper cables, an auto-start, spare belts, wrench set.
>>
>>31167805
> Shoot him in the head.

Problem solved.
>>
>>31167805
This wouldn't hold up at all in court. Furthermore, if you go into cardiac arrest and require chest compressions you have less than a 10% of walking out of the hospital alive
>>
>>31167540
>It's obviously a demo, you fuck-knuckle.
Why demo something wrong?
>>
File: Fabio+Capello1.jpg (37KB, 244x320px) Image search: [Google]
Fabio+Capello1.jpg
37KB, 244x320px
>>31167805

hey bitch boy its roger posting from my thinkpade edge e530c (dual screen setup)(flash memory upgrade)(yes seriously)

so as you know one of the things i know a lot about in adition to weapons and politics and tactical warfighting is the law

so when i saw ur post i immedieatley new u were wrong because california has a good samartian law

good samartian laws protect inncoent people who help. they give u immunity. EVER HEARD OF IT?

now stop saying stupid legal things when ur on a board with roger

whats the difference between peanut butter and jam?

ur mom doesn't ask me to peanut butter my dick up her ass
>>
How much do basic medical courses cost? I don't make a fortune but I want to be better prepared after seeing my buddy blow his hand up.
I think I did all I really could, I wrapped what was left in a clean towel and waited for the ambulance but I still felt kinda like I was improperly prepared for such an event.
>>
>>31169144
Basic first aid courses arent much. Worth the investment, if you can stay calmish when in a situation then you should be fine to rely on your couple of days training for most things. Assess the risks you are most likely to face and the response time you are going to recieve and prepare for that.

I have a 40 acre property and the ambulance response time is going to be at least half an hour unless you get super lucky.

So i have a fairly comprehensive first aid kit. Bought a high end one they use in workplaces so it has most things. Then bought a torniquet and a few other bits and bobs. I consider there to be a fairly high risk of massive bleeding in a limb from an accident given I drive vehicles on steep terrain and run a brush cutter and chainsaw every week.

Mostly my first aid kit get used for patching up minor shit though. Like pulling off ticks, stopping bleeding from small deep cuts etc. I hope like hell I never have to bust out the torniquet or amputated parts bags.
>>
>>31167483
I'm a pharmacy intern, if that means anything. I do plan on working clinically, so depending on how far I get and which unit, I can either just sit behind the counter or be part of a medical team

>>31167517
And I just looooooooooooove that so many in the USA government earned their millions from being ambulance chasers and slimy lawyers.
>>
>>31167511
Neat. I am procrastinating studying for my exit exams in med school by browsing pol.

Critical care specialties have been my favourite so far, would love to get some retrieval experience.
>>
>>31167574
Jacket sandals drinkable water.

Bottle of Popov under the driver seat Incase you get pulled over whilst drunk. Crack the window throw keys out pound bottle.
>>
Medical training is paramount. I did 8 years in the Infantry and 2 years as a combat medic.
>>
>>31167511
Where did you finish your residency/fellowship?
>>31169340
Exit exams? Not sure if lying on internet or non-'Murikan doctor. I'm a 4th year American Med student and I've never heard of those. We have Board exams, 4 of them.
>>
>>31173090
>Where did you finish your residency/fellowship?
WTF do you care, youngster?
>>
>>31167483
I thought doing anything medical at the scene of an accident opened you to liability lawsuits?
>>
>>31173118
I care because a real CC physician is usually too busy to waste their time on a Rwandan genocide instructional forum. So again, where did you finish your residency/fellowship?
>>
>>31173129
Good Samaritan laws cover you as long as you are acting in good faith of the patient.
>>
>be finna combat medic
>be knowing basic life saving skills in trauma n shit
ask me sometin
>>
>>31167511

ROFL LMFAO

.... no provider whom is either surgery (tra surg) or medicine (EM, IM-intensivist) would identify that way.

good sir, you are utterly full of shit so high your eyes are brown.

<-----------

the door is this way. find it along with your fictional step 1 scores.
>>
>>31167574

gosh, that doesn't look too good. perhaps 0 chromic gut across the lamina?
>>
>>31167625
>> There was literally nothing we could have done.

Look that up again Mr. Basic. Could have been hopped up on coke and shot a PE, had a massive MI, DTAA, ligamentum arteriosum/teres rupture, grade V splenic lac, SDH/ICH, c-spine transect.... or just died of old age.

.... and this is just for starters. Good that you chose that field and put in your time. Thank you
>>
File: sigh.jpg (829KB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
829KB, 2000x1340px
>>31173185
One of the first things our medics did was acquire enemy rifles. We assaulted a compound and they were so shocked by the intensity that they wanted a way to defend themselves. They showed up with side arms. They left with full auto weaponry.

What would you do in a similar situation? The same?
>>
>>31167483
Any EMT here? Gonna start summer quarter for my EMT basic, what should I expect? Any tips? Stories?
>>
>>31173300

You mean they didn't slingshot 14g angiocaths into the faces of the enemy? For shame. Wasted skills.
>>
>>31173300
They don't issue combat medics some sort of PDW or SBR?
>>
>>31173300
id report you to the hague.

SAVE A LIFE NOT TAKE A LIFE YOU nah im suprised you guys still do this. Even the bongs give their girl medics those shorty l85s
>>
>>31167483
Go to school.
Proper medical training isn't something you learn on your own.
>>
>>31173325
Primary v. secondary assessment, specifics on skills even if fundamental stuff like how to place the sfignomomomometer, no i mean sphygmonomametmanometer, no spifigmometer.... the BP cuff.... and no thumb on top of stethoscope and basic stuff like details. Devil in details. Put on a c-collar correctly. Re-assess your pts and check the back. Always check the back.

Ask a lot of questions. Always.
>>
>>31167483
First aid is taught in schools here and I then in military you are taught, how to use tourniquets and such. In reserve I also went to a combat first aid course. There was more talk about the basics and then about chest seals and other more advanced appliances as well as methodology of treating the wounded. It was short and tightly packed but I think I could stabilize a soldier with simple wounds on limbs or torso. Don't know how it would turn out in reality though. Medical stuff isn't simple.
Reminds me I should finally build a proper first aid kit.

>>31167574
In addition to what has already been said, a knife and something to keep you warm, if you live in a cold place and your car stalls in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>31173394
Sounds like I'm already a bit ahead from medical training in basic, not that I'm going into the class with that mentality. I just want to know what weaknesses to shore up mostly. I don't know if primary and secondary assessments are different between mil and civilian but I can do assessments and tourniquets and shit. After having my battle buddy get his hand fucked by a training grenade and not being able to do much besides wrap,I find myself fascinated by emergency medicine
>>
Reading this thread it's pretty fucked up that you can get sued in some places in America for helping someone.

>>31173300
You don't issue rifles to your medics?
>>
>>31173350
>>31173497
Isn't >>31173300 just trolling? What sort of first world military doesn't issue their medics rifles but lets them pick up and walk away with enemy rifles they probably don't have training or ammo for just in case they need them?
>>
>>31173516
We live in a strange world. Pretty much anything is possible, no matter how unnatural or weird it seems to us.
>>
File: 1434581175962.jpg (20KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1434581175962.jpg
20KB, 480x640px
>>31173300
>on site procurement

only hard niggers do this. good on them
>>
>>31173497
EMT here.

Most (all?) states have Good Samaritan laws, anyone saying you could be successfully sued for helping in good faith is full of shit. It doesn't matter if you do CPR and old man Jenkins had a valid DNR, if that form wasn't right there with him tied around his neck it has no relevance to you.
>>
File: firstaidgunshot.png (423KB, 1906x1925px) Image search: [Google]
firstaidgunshot.png
423KB, 1906x1925px
>>31167483
How to treat gunshot wounds
>>
>>31167483
If you work on someone and are not licensed to do so, they can sue you and you can go to jail.
>>
>>31173568
That's called acting outside your scope of practice, and yeah it can be negligence in the eyes of a court.

But that has no relevance to the layperson who, say, breaks a guy's ankles to pull him out of a burning car. If you act in good faith and don't do shit you're not trained for "hurrrr let me use this needle decompression kit I bought on Amazon to feel like an operator" then you are 100% fine.
>>
>>31173552
Hearing that makes me feel better. We regularly hear about some insane lawsuits you've had and every time we lose a little bit of hope in humanity and especially your justice system. Fortunately many of the cases are dismissed or common sense wins but not always.
>>
>>31173439
the hands on stuff is easy as fuck for basics and even medics. The hard part is thinking through a medical scenario, not a trauma scenario. Practice up on study skills and stay on top of class materials , even when its boring shit like COPD and CHF.

t. former 11b now EMT-P
>>
>>31173554
https://youtu.be/ht_5M2lLLPo

>>31173601
Not really true
http://www.aaos.org/AAOSNow/2014/Jan/managing/managing3/?ssopc=1
>>
File: 1471532378149.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471532378149.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
>>31167574

Jesus fuck what happened?
>>
>>31173652
>Medical scenario, not a trauma scenario
Explain. Like someone who's having a seizure or heart attack? Or administering the right emergency medications?
>>
>>31173688
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Malarchuk
>>
I know basic first aid and CPR since I'm on my company's confined space rescue/hazmat team, but other than that know
I keep the standard first aid stuff in my truck but thats about it, nothing specialized
>>
>>31173568
Stop this fucking meme
>>
>>31167805
unless he shows you the DNR while he's dying, the DNR doesn't apply to you
>>
>>31167574
get a hydraulic bottle jack and lug wrench in case of a flat, it makes changing a spare 5 times easier than using the supplied scissor jack and shitty lug wrench with your car
on top of that, I keep a 3/8" drive socket set, winter gloves and hat, jumper cables, rope and ratchet straps, etc in the truck
>>
>>31167483
I carry a R.A.T.S. tourniquet on my every day.
>>
>>31173601
uhh

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6498405&page=1

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1871331,00.html#ixzz2MbGtGQ4C

Yeah, I know California.
>>
>>31173516
I promise I'm not trolling. They picked up Taiwanese M16s that fired the same 5.56 as we carried. Also, no. They were only issued M9s.
>>
>>31174606
You stayed at the Westin? You're all hoity toity and shit.
>>
>>31174561
>Taiwanese M16s
Interesting. Do you mind telling us what army you were in and what enemy this was?
>>
>>31174618
It's a chain hotel. It's not like it's the Four Seasons.
>>
>>31174633
It's pretty fancy for people like me who use coupons at Motel Six.

Also, no sense in deleting your post. It was a good photo. You guys look like decent Americans.
>>
>>31174681
I posted it in the wrong thread, I wanted it to go in the most /k/ thing you've done thread. Didn't get to do any shooting and Texas is a pain in the ass place to CCW with it's three no guns signs that carry the weight of law. Texas is far from the gun owners paradise that it's made out to be.

We both manage to own homes, hold good jobs, and pay a shit ton in Taxes - the DHS has put out a warning on us.
>>
>>31174713
>Texas is far from the gun owners paradise that it's made out to be.
You are a thousand percent correct. I've lived in Texas for 20 years and apart from being able to carry a loaded shotgun, rifle or hand gun in your vehicle the rest of the shit is nonsense.
>>
>>31174757
I can drunk open carry in my state, in a bar, and it's not illegal and no guns signs have no force of law.
>>
>>31174757
>no public land
Of course it's shit.
>>
>>31173714

Not him but all of the above. Traumas are pretty easy, stop the bleeding, keep em breathing. But they tend to be gory

Medicals can be complicated. Something seemingly simple like a headache can be caused by anything from dehydration to a stroke, or a whole host of other things, most of which you can't test for in the field.So all you have to work with is what your patient is describing which may or may not be helpful.
>>
>>31174781
Arizona?
>>
>>31173722
>caused eleven fans to faint, two more to suffer heart attacks and three players to vomit on the ice
>collateral damage in a hockey game
>>
>>31174802
I used to be a preceptor when I was a paramedic. I told my indocs if they found themselves in a massive trauma and began to panic that they should just remember the ABCs and the rest would come to them.
>>
>>31174820
Pennsylvania
>>
>>31174866
Go Steelers.

Stick around. This place isn't too awful.
>>
>>31174829
>I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out
I like the fact that hockey players don't care about minor cuffs and act injured like football (not handegg) players but I dislike the fighting culture in North American hockey. It's bad sportsmanship.
>>
>>31174904
I've been here for the better part of a decade. I'm on the other side of the state, the side that doesn't win super bowls.
>>
>>31167483
What you need to know:

>immediately contact emergency services, before intervention even (KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND STATE THAT FIRST, use phone GPS if you need to)
>apply direct pressure to wounds - use a cloth or shirt, and elevate the wound from heart level if it's on a limb
>if you find a person not breathing (check by putting your ear by their mouth and listening while looking for chest rise, also notice if they're breathing at a normal rate) then check pulse, you don't check pulse if they're breathing
>if they're not breathing and don't have a pulse, begin CPR (btw breaths are not necessary, just compressions)
>no CPR if they have a pulse, keep monitoring and waiting for EMS until they don't
>apply direct pressure to trauma wounds before beginning CPR, otherwise you're just pushing the blood out

That's pretty much all you need to do as a civilian. Your job, unless you are the highest care (a hospital) is to get the patient to higher care. You're being negligent if you think you're going to save them on your own.

I feel I have to say this because weapons boards always scream RRREEEE TOURNIQUETS in all medical threads, you'll almost never have to use a tourniquet. Only use one if you've exhausted all other means of stopping blood loss (direct pressure, elevation, clotting agent, btw clotting agent would be a more useful piece of kit than a tourney). I've seen too many civvies wrap their belts around someone with a scrape on their arm. You'd be doing them more harm than good in that case. The only time you'd go straight to tourniquet is of he had heavy trauma in other places and you don't have enough hands/time to worry about his limbs.

As for medical situations, like someone having a heart attack or diabetic episode: >contact higher care
>monitor
>begin CPR if they go down and lose pulse
>>
File: 1360602292152.jpg (38KB, 650x480px) Image search: [Google]
1360602292152.jpg
38KB, 650x480px
>>31174829
>his mom was watching
>>
>>31174859

Yup. As my EMT instructor said: Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round. You have all the skills and equipment to make both happen regardless of circumstances.

Our ambulance director likes to say that nobody dies in the ambulance. They may be dead on scene, they may die in the hospital, but if they're in your ambulance, you can make them alive. Maybe not comfortable, but alive
>>
File: 1472628734066.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1472628734066.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>31167483
Medical Fags here?

What happened to me? I need advice...
>>
File: 1472257097859.jpg (405KB, 2888x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1472257097859.jpg
405KB, 2888x1632px
>>31173722
>Holy shit he survived.
>>
>>31174971
Awfully fucking sad.
>>
>>31174917
Look man, you get a few dozen guys, bundled up in sweaty ass pads, surrounded them with screaming idiots and make them chase a tiny ass rubber disk all over a slippery arena you're going to get some fights.

Even if you neglected to give them all sticks.
>>
>>31175252
You had a good instructor.
>>
>>31175292
It was a close call though.

>>31175305
There are far less fights in European hockey (excluding Russia) and the fighters are given long penalties and in general they are disliked.
>>
>>31175339
>in general they are disliked
Figures. You guys are wimps. One of the most attractive aspects of hockey in the U.S. is the fighting.
>>
>>31170176
I don't understand this, why the fuck would you do that? Seems too specific for a dumb joke.
>>
>>31167483
make sure you carry extra liability insurance even if your state has good samaritan laws
>>
>>31175398
For us the most attractive aspect of hockey is hockey. If we want to see fighting, we watch boxing, wrestling or some martial arts competition.

>You guys are wimps
no u
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
Alright /k/ we all know your gunna go innawoods if SHTF.

But what if a tornado blows through or an earthquake hits?

Do you have food and water stores? Ammo to protect those stores?

And more importantly knowledge, medicinal, flaura fauna and the like?

Whats your innahouse plan? For if its not bad enough to go innawoods but no ones coming to save you?
>>
File: 1462852335226.gif (5KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
1462852335226.gif
5KB, 782x543px
>>31175274
Knife in pooper?(!)
>>
>>31175512
I wanna go innasilo. At least when SHTF I'll be quickly killed when the Russians rely on outdated targets to nuke us.
>>
>>31175447
>the most attractive aspect of hockey is hockey.
Tell that to Vernon and Roy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeF5XF8jxkQ
>>
>>31175563
They don't seem like people, who understand speech and instead communicate by waving their hands and emitting guttural sounds
>>
EMT student this semester reporting in.

what am i in for?
>>
Never, ever, ever render aid to a minority or someone with the wrong bumper stickers. Let them die. One less vote.
>>
>>31175917
In the beginning you're trained to kiss the sore spot and put on colorful bandages and then move to more advanced procedures.
>>
>>31173745

yeah, can't just yell DNR gotta show that paper shawty
>>
>>31167511
Paramedic here. Fucking nice. Ps fuck dermatologists
>>
>>31175292
only because the Vietnam medic pinched his artery shut
>>
>>31175944

lol haha racistm
>>
File: 1466524192073.jpg (31KB, 389x550px) Image search: [Google]
1466524192073.jpg
31KB, 389x550px
I'm studying EMR right now. Remembering/doing the patient assessment is easy but I'm honestly having a hard as fuck time in remembering the names and functions of all the organs and body systems.

Any tips?
>>
>>31175274
>when /k/ goes to /soc/
>>
>>31176228
Draw a picture.
>>
>>31173090
Well obviously. You guys don't have to attain AMA class I shit posting certification to graduate.
>>
>>31175944
You're so cynical. You must be a democrat.
>>
>>31167588
How could a person trying to help someone ever be sued in federal court in civil rights grounds? You make zero sense. Do you even know what all those words toy strung together mean? Please provide a single example of how an individual could be sued in fed court on civil right grounds for helping at an accident scene. You are so dumb.
>>
>>31167483
Paramagician here

I have a small first aid kit FOR ME or my family in my car. A tq, some pressure dressings, ect.

For everyone else, i have a cell phone to call 911 and a pair of gloves for CPR
>>
>>31176884
Slacker.

I have two liters of NS, 18 gauges, dermabond, sutures, and a fuck load of advanced airway shit - including miller and macintosh blades.
>>
>>31176934
wacker
>>
>>31176934
Am I missing something or is dermabond just not particularly useful for first aid? It's just useful for small lacerations that you shouldn't even need to suture before you reach the hospital.
>>
File: 1465192843291.webm (2MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1465192843291.webm
2MB, 426x426px
>>31167588
You used real words but they make no sense when arranged like that
>>
>>31176934
Fucking casual, my first aid kit is nothing but a rusty scalpel, boogie and ETT and a change of clothes for when I have to flee after cutting the neck on a 12 year old with a broken arm.
>>
>>31177004
I have disposable staplers too. My list of supplies is almost unending.
>>
>>31177064
That's all well and good if you are comfortable using that stuff. But it's getting far outside the realm of first aid.
>>
>>31167574
Water jug for radiator or drinking. A quality jack. Hazard symbol if you need to leave it on the side of the road at night. A charged cellphone. Doesn't have to be active to be able to call 911. Take the battery out and leave it in a bag.
>>
File: me.jpg (15KB, 210x263px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
15KB, 210x263px
>>31177085
I spent a decade as a paramedic. I was replying to someone who insinuated he too was a paramedic.
>>
>>31167513
Nah, good samaritan law protects you in the states
>>
>>31167574
emergency triangle (bright orange, you know the type)
>>
>>31167597
You're an idiot. Civilian medicine is all funneled down from what they've learned on the past few wars. Almost no one dies from blood loss anymore in the sandbox thanks to these guys.
>>
>>31167483
I'm not but I wantr to be.

Are there any medicfags who can teach me how to drill into an fingernail to relieve the pressure of blood from ruptured blood vessels? Seems like a good skill to have when taking part in drunken shenanigans with /k/omrades.
>>
>>31173722
He asked paramedics if they could bring him back in time for the third period

Damn son.
>>
>>31167574
>>31173233
>>31173688
Hockey... a white mans sport.

Getting an artery cut happens. The guys on the ice play with broken ribs, broken arms and broken jaws regularly. These are some of the toughest fuckers around./
>>
I'm thinking about EMT. Everything else in this town feels so dead jobwise without schooling.
>>
I'm with you there OP.

Just signed up for Direct Action Response Training with Dark Angel Medical. Hopefully it will help me to patch holes at least partially as well as I can make them.

More worried about somone not breathing than bleeding however.

Don't know how EMT /k/omrades do it all.
>>
File: fischer.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
fischer.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
>>31185731
>These are some of the toughest fuckers around
You can say that again. I once witnessed a Detroit Red Wing die on the ice.

>Jiri Fischer
>>
>>31167483
Emt here. Only use a tourniquet if it's a massive venous bleed or arterial in nature. Even then only as a last resort. It takes about 4 hours before muscle death begins
>>
>>31187266
It's a blast when you start out but from what I've seen its really easy to get burned out.
>>
>>31167483
Was a lifeguard for 5 years, got retrained every year and had in services every month, also study anatomy both in college and for my own amusement. I'd like to think I'd do more help than harm.
>>
>>31176228
Flashcards flashcards flashcards. Exactly what I did when I was doing the emt class
>>
>>31192212
I never got burned out but I did become numb to the suffering of patients. I viewed them as a task that needed to be completed.
>>
>>31175917
Basic Life Support. In short, just your Airway, Breathing, Circulation. Trauma was a major part of mine. Study your skill sheets at LEAST three times a week. You'll know where you are by seeing where other students are. And finally, don't freak out about the tests. At the end of the day if you've done as well as you can, no complaints.
>>
>>31192264
I'm hoping I get that way quick. I have an interview with Rural/Metro out here in AZ in just a few days.
>>
>>31192180
And then there's chrush syndrome and rhabdomyolysis.
>>
>>31167511
recommend me some reading medbro
preferably medical reading
>>
By the way, which tourniquet would you professionals recommend? I'm sure different one do different things better than the others. CAT and SOF are the most common ones here.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.