[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.22 guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0384.jpg (50KB, 502x464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0384.jpg
50KB, 502x464px
Would I be fine with a Marlin 795, or should I spend an extra $90 and go for a 10/22? This is at Dick's.
>>
>>31167164
Just get the 10/22
>>
>>31167164
10/22. Apparently 795s dont cycle subsonics very well if you ever suppress it with fibreglass insulation, a coke can and duct tape.

>source NZ fag who owns real suppressors.
>>
>>31167164
Don't buy Marlin, their QC got cut after they were bought out by Cerberus
>>
>>31167164
10/22 aftermarket options buddy
>>
>>31167164
When dealing with semi-auto .22LR rifles, the answer is always going to be "just get a damn 10/22."
Aside from niche builds, there is pretty much nothing you can do with .22LR that a 10/22 setup of some sort can't accomplish.
>>
>>31167164
795 if you just want a .22 and have no plans other than new sights or a scope

10/22 if you want to fiddle with it and don't mind paying for the gun a few times over with mods.

>>31167228
this as well but not every marlin you buy will be an absolute shit heap. its a gamble though
>>
i researched these two rifles pretty hard, what i found out is that the marlin is quite a lot more accurate out of the box, and it has a last shot bolt hold open feature which is very handy.

The Ruger has much better magazines and is a lot simpler to disassemble and clean.

The ruger also has crazy aftermarket support, you can basically build it into anything. The marlin has next to no aftermarket support.

So if you plan on keeping the rifle stock, and just plinking away with it right out of the box then the marlin is the better deal. If you want to spend a little money upgrading parts and getting creative then the Ruger is the obvious choice
>>
>>31167164
Just get the 10/22

My buddy got a 795 right around the time I got my 10/22. Might as well slap some bread on it and call it a sandwich because he has himself a jam-fest every time.
>>
I've had no problems with my 795 but I do realize it's built with cheap as fuck materials, the damn thing feels like it will fall apart in my hands. Also the front sight was crooked... Other than that it shoots perfectly. And I've never had a FTF
>>
>>31167859
>front sight was crooked

Why is it so fucking hard for marlin to get their sights straight? Ive never heard of any other company fucking their sights so consistantly
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.