[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to CA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: asfdswfas.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
asfdswfas.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Sup /k. I'm moving to California soon and I feel the need to buy 5 new handguns to bring with me. What should they be and why?
>>
>moving to California

you're going the wrong way, friend
>>
Whatever the fuck you want, just don't tell nobody. I'm in CA, nobody cares as long as you're not retarded with them.
>>
>>31166561
>moving to commiefornia
You've already fucked up.
>>
>>31166561
like 10 Gen4 glocks make that bank selling off roster handguns
or
HK VP9/p30 or Sig P320
>>
>>31166574
Whatever. Arizona and Texas are filling up with more libs by the day. There is no more running from it unless you want to live somewhere cold or flat as shit.
>>
>>31166649
like 19s? or like 43s?
>>
>>31166699
42's 43's 19's 17's at least 2 of each seriosly saw a Gen4 19 sell for 850 today on Private transfer at my shop
>>
>>31166699
also if you coming in before AWB 2.0 Jew York Boogaloo bring some rare carbine pistols like HK SP5s or MPXs
>>
>>31166735
What about the magazines? Do I have to mod them to sell them?
>>
>>31166760
shit im in AZ and I can't even find those.
>>
>>31166761
supposed to be 10 or less in capacity so block them or don't include them

or just hide them in a closet for later because if they're digging through all your shit you did something wrong to begin with and it doesn't matter anymore

>>31166760
those ones are going to be "assault weapons" like the tec9 or skorpion is so not a good choice. won't be able to sell them.

tec9 is pretty much the reason why there are assault weapon pistols honestly
>>
>>31166812
can people in Cali get gen 4 mags easily?
>>
>>31166830
easy enough thanks to the internet and thanks to glock making 10 rounders
>>
>>31166561
>Willingly moving here
You have no idea how much it sucks over here. Just don't.
>>
>>31166842
oh ok cool. I'd feel pretty bad if I sold someone a gun with no mags and they couldn't get mags lol. Is the 26 popular there? Its 10 rounds.
>>
>>31166561
Buy whatever is not on the approved handgun list. Once your in california you can only buy pistols that are approved inside the state. Unless you are buying it used from another individual.
>>
>>31166870
19s are popular for sure
don't know about 26s, not my thing, plus i don't live in a county where you can get a carry license. all the coastal areas are pretty much no carry. the more inland ones the cops are like "yeah, it's gonna be a while til we get to you, so you should probably have a gun"
>>
>>31166812
well you could sell them to assholes panicking lol
>>
File: Dangerfield.jpg (176KB, 1150x650px) Image search: [Google]
Dangerfield.jpg
176KB, 1150x650px
>>31166670
>There is no more running from it unless you want to live somewhere cold or flat as shit.

Someone bring up my mother-in-law?
>>
5 glock 19's
>>
>>31166561
Are you the fag that asked the same question on reddit's r/calguns?

Fuck you, you smelly gouger.
>>
>>31166955
sure am. want anything?
>>
>>31166670
Texas here, keep that imagination working Cali.

Maybe someday you'll remember how to party.
>>
>liberals want diversity
>fill the state with immigrants
>everything goes to shit
>liberals flee the state
>start doing the same thing in other states

just nuke us already
>>
File: dsfssadfsd.jpg (51KB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
dsfssadfsd.jpg
51KB, 1024x574px
>>31167029
>texas isn't filling up with liberals
>>
>>31166912
>based Donny Youngblood
>>
>>31167098
texas is however filling up liberals with baby batter
>>
>>31167098
>Austin is filling up with liberals

FTFY
>>
>>31166870
I tried to buy a 26 about two months ago and couldn't find one. Settled for a XD subcompact instead.
>>
I can't figure out whether I should tell you to abandon the CA idea, or go there and vote Republican, and get exponential numbers of friends to do the same.
Not sure if it's a lost cause or not, but it's an uphill battle at least. California needs to drop into the Pacific Ocean.
>>
If you're going, VOTE, and get lots of other people to do the same. In the meantime buy whatever you can that is legal there.
Last thing you need is using an illegal gun for otherwise legal self defense and then going to prison for ten years or more.
>>
>>31166561
Is this a joke thread? Cause I've read it and nobody has mentioned the nad news.

Cause hate to tell you this, but you can't legally bring any handgun off the roster any non bullet buttoned or non featureless rifle into the state unless you plan on being a felon...if your dad lives out of state, he can gift you a non roster handgun once a month.

Honestly with the recent 9 laws past it's more important to get as many 10 round magazines, stripper clips, speed loaders and ammo you can get cause next year uou have yo tegister to buy ammo and ammo containers.

As for guns themselves...well the roster ain't great for variety of semi autos but plenty of revolvers are legal.

Really for californians since the 10 round limit, just get a springfield 1911, a USP compact and CZ97B in .45 acp.
>>
>>31169060
>Cause hate to tell you this, but you can't legally bring any handgun off the roster any non bullet buttoned
Do you have proof for this claim?

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991
>Pursuant to Penal Code sections 17000 and 27560, any person who moves into California with a firearm is considered a "Personal Firearm Importer" and is required by California law to do one of the following within 60 days:

Complete and submit a New Resident Report of Firearm Ownership (BOF 4010A), pdf along with $19.00 to the California Department of Justice, Bureau of Firearms;

The only illegal handguns would be:
Bushmaster Pistol
Calico M-950
Encom MP-9 and MP-45
Intratec TEC-9
MAC Types
Sites Spectre
Sterling MK-7
Uzi
>>
>>31166670
> There is no more running from it unless you want to live somewhere cold or flat as shit.

Objectively that's fucking wrong, Arizona has the best gun rights and shooting environment next to Alaska.
>>
>>31169060
You'd be right if he was a citizen of California. He's moving there, and he's allowed to keep property that isn't banned outright, including off-roster pistols that aren't Assault Weapons.

OP, look at the California handgun roster for shit that's not there. Saw a Glock 40 MOS sell for like $1200, you can get it for under $800 and sling it for $1000 easy.

Buy at least 1 Glock 40 MOS.
>>
File: proky_yelling.png (119KB, 215x231px) Image search: [Google]
proky_yelling.png
119KB, 215x231px
>>31166561

> Kali

I live there, and now moving away.

The roster may evolve into an outright blacklist.

Every day new idiots wash in from abroad. They want a nanny government that shoots dissenters for them (and they don't know how to fucking drive).

Also, crowded as fuck.

Seriously, for the sake of your sanity, stay the fuck out.

It doesn't matter how much you are paid - its just bad here.
>>
>>31167148
>i-it's just Austin, I swear!

Whatever, you tags ruined a good state and think you're still free

t. New Hampshire
>>
No big deal. CA ain't so bad. Just get a revolver and something else on the "Okay List" and you at least have self defense.
Just realize the bad guys will always be massively better armed than you.
Would be nice if the standard was "whatever LEO's claim they need, and get the legislature to exempt them from, should also be available to the public, whose needs are the same and for the same reasons."
That's my rule. 'Splain to me why LEO's need anything I can't legally own. Whatever justification you have, figure the same applies to me.
Same goes for method of carry. Why don't LEO's only conceal? Oh, it makes it harder for them to draw and fire when stuff goes bad? It serves as a deterrent? Okay, sign me up, I'd like that too.
>>
>>31166561
nice try Mr. ATF
>>
>>31166561
I get chills whenever I look at OP pic because I was in ohare on the same day that pic was taken.
>>
>>31169060
If you are moving into california you can bring in as many off roster handguns as you want. As long as said handgun does not violate any other laws such as the AW law or mag cap law you sre good to go.

The roster only applies to buying guns new from the dealer as a california resident.
>>
File: 1469848572492.jpg (823KB, 1869x1423px) Image search: [Google]
1469848572492.jpg
823KB, 1869x1423px
>>31166561
>moving to california
Welcome to /k/, now git and stay git faggot
>>
>>31166561
Pro tip, go on calguns site look at the for sale board and wtf out loud when you see how much gen 4 glocks sell for.

Personally if i went back to cali, im in va now, i would bring back a couple of gen4 mos glocks, a vp9, a sig 320 with kit, and a colt anviii.

The glocks to sell for 1500 each(or whatever the msrp multiplied by 3), the vp9 and sig to make everyone jealous, and the colt anniversery to trade/sell the old timers for their pristine pythons.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 463x506px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 463x506px
>>31166939
>>
>>31170803
>Calico M-950 banned by name

haha seriously?
>>
>>31174385
https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/forms/awguide.pdf?

pg 13-14 for all Cali named "assault weapons"
>>
>>31166579
I can second this. Went to a local range here and some dude had a "high capacity magazine". RO came over and just told him to put it away, and said he didn't see anything
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.