[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rig thread? Thinking about going for ALICE over MOLLE, biggest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Rig thread?
Thinking about going for ALICE over MOLLE,
biggest deciding factor for me is I need to use a Ka bar on my shoulder. Can a knife sheath be attached to Alice harnesses?If so how?
>>
>>31164034
Why do you want a K-Bar there? It will interfere with weapons manipulation and pack straps.
>>
>>31164034
Just get a molle or rhodesian rig. Alice is cool but uncomfortable
>>
>>31164034
I used to think like you about 2 weeks ago
I will also keep my ka bar on my left shoulder upside down for easy grap tacticoolness.
You should look at something like this once you decide molle is actually better by all conditions except price
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MBC-Russian-Universal-Pouch-for-Scabbard-Knife-MOLLE-EMR-Digital-Flora/322018605682?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3De7a5fb38ddd644a3826d4e02212fe687%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D251909091384

In beautiful emr digi flora camo of course
>>
>>31164187
I find my Alice belt plenty comfortable. If it isn't just cut a pt mat to use as a belt cushion.
>>
File: seals-woodland.jpg (142KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
seals-woodland.jpg
142KB, 500x335px
I ordered some suspenders and belt from midway and it should be here tomorrow. It'll look sexy along with my woodland cammies.

pic related
>>
>>31164034

>Cut metal clips replace w/550
>Place belt firm to body below nipple level.
>K-bar can be placed between belt portions tied securely w/550 to no interfere with ruck straps/ changing firing side.
>>
>>31164034
>Falling for the ALICE meme
ALICE gear is fucking terrible.

Furthermore, why don't you just buy fucking Mollie suspenders?
>>
ALICE looks a lot better than MOLLE
>>
>>31164034
Get a pistol belt pad

>>31164555
>ALICE gear is fucking terrible.
It's rugged and it's worked well for a long time. If you can put MOLLE straps and MOLLE kidney pad on your medium or large ALICE it's a very comfy and sturdy setup. I don't know of many other external frame rucks that are as easy to maintain as ALICE rucks
>>
>>31164555

Trips aside. You can use them cross platform.
>>
>>I want to do something that was done by the Army and Marines for 50 years and is still done to this day.

>>31164182
Not if it's your non firing shoulder
>>
>>31165078
>what is changing shoulders for corners
>>
USMC style LBV works well all around is fairly adjustable and can support a shitton of different loadout combos including a pistol belt
>>
>>31164202
Thanks anon.
>>
>>31164212
I should have been more specific my bad. When I mean uncomfotable is when you have a ruck on it. So if youre not going to have a ruck it is cool, but yeah. Im personally favor molle/rhodesian or whatever you want to call it
>>
>>31165078
>What is something retarded done by mouth breathers for 50 years.

Knives belong on your belt son. the off hand shoulder strap is for shit you'll actually use in a gun fight.
>>
>>31164555

Respecting your trips but fuck I love my alice and malice rucks.

the lbv system is indeed garbage though.
>>
>>31165078
>is still done to this day.

Yeah, by retarded boots who don't know any better.
>>
>>31164643
>It worked 40 years ago when doctors thought smoking was healthy, and now that it's had all that time to age in muggy surplus stockpiles will with even better! Honestly, why would anyone choose the simpler, more comfortable, stronger, cheaper and new alternative that universally replaced it?
ALICEfags, ladies and gentlemen.

>>31164670
They're still shit.

>>31166207
You clearly enjoy pain and tedium
>>
>>31166531
There are two kinds of people- Those who have undying love for ALICE kits and those who don't. If somebody loves ALICE stuff, you won't be able to convince them otherwise.

I wore ALICE my first few years in the Army and through a lot of rucks, FTXs, and schools. I learned how lacking it is compared to newer stuff, and that just because it got issued for so long doesn't make it good. The FLC, for all the hate it gets, does everything better than the ALICE stuff, especially when you aren't wearing armor. The FLC felt like a godsend compared to ALICE, and the FLC is basic bitch.
>>
>>31166573
I liked my FLC. Shit was useful as fuck in the field.
>>
>>31164034
Get a FLC or the Rhodesian rig my dude. The FLC isn't that pretty, but its fairly adaptable and very useful
>>
>>31166573
But it doesn't make any sense-it's literally only deluded nostalgia;

There's not a single thing that ALICE does that MOLLE doesn't do 10x better.
>>
ITT "your way of attaching things to your body in preparation of a situation that will never happen is not good enough"
>>
>>31166658
ALICE fits on a non specialized belt. Although I know I'm reaching there.
>>
You might be better off with a SADF m83 vest if you can find one. I'm sure you could strap a kabar to it.
>>
>>31166686
... But it can though
You just don't because the wider belt is better...
>>
>>31166531
the current US ruck is a fucking plastic frame and most other external frame rucks don't give you the ability to switch out shoulder straps and the kidney pads.

the FLC is much better than the LBV, but and upgraded ALICE ruck is not bad for what it is.
>>
>>31166793
I forgot to mention, do you know how simple it is to repair rivets on the ALICE frame? Also, there is a shelf for the frame you can buy if you want to use it to carry supplies short distances and still have your two hands
>>
>>31166793
The modern MOLLE-2 ruck is garbage. I don't think many people will argue that. It still doesn't make the ALICE a good ruck.

A mid-price internal frame civilian ruck will outperform it in terms of being wearable and distributing weight. Actually the idea of an external frame ruck at all seems very outdated to me for most purposes.
>>
>>31164555
I've used ALICE a lot in the field. Is it the best? No, a lot of the shit nowadays is made in china horeseshit.

But when you get nice stuff does it work well?

Yes, my alice gear lasted me 5 years of hard use.
>>
It's hard to find molle in glorious OD
>>
>>31164034
>had this set up in SOI

does anyone remember having 3 mag pouchs on an alice lbv

I remember getting 9 mags for SOI but then all of a sudden hitting the fleet and it was six mags.
>>
I've been wanting to put a tactical rig together, and since I've had a Chicom rig and an Alice set up my grandfather gave me a long time ago.

Wonder what camo patterns look good with it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.