[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ATF screwing over ammo manufacturers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 14

File: 1469842278302.jpg (152KB, 800x562px) Image search: [Google]
1469842278302.jpg
152KB, 800x562px
http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf-reclassifies-wetted-nitrocellulose-as-explosive-materials-under-federal-laws/#axzz4Ikveu3Mq

>the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) reclassified wetted nitrocellulose containing greater than 12.6 percent nitrogen as a high explosive under the federal explosives laws.

>ATF’s sudden and unexpected change in policy on wetted nitrocellulose will likely have a significant impact on industry’s ability to deliver products to the military and commercial markets.
>>
>>31163814
So...now what? time for me to start making piss compost for homemade black powder?
>>
thanks barry
>>
This is death by a thousand cuts. Fuck me.
>>
>>31163814
EPA banning lead production, trying to say shooting "contaminates with lead"
ATF being cucks on a leash
Just wait for FAA to say "bullets are unregulated supersonic aircraft that violate supersonic flight zones"
>>
>>31163814
What problem is this solving might I ask?
>>
>>31164103
citizens have guns, and that's dangerous
>>
File: 1463530552851.jpg (69KB, 957x645px) Image search: [Google]
1463530552851.jpg
69KB, 957x645px
>>31164103
The government views weapons in the hands of citizens as a threat to their power.
>>
Surely some one is going to take this on in court and win, right?
>>
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK

I am so sick of this obamaland nonsensical restrictive bullshit
Fuck them and their fucking definitions.
Gee now ammo will be more time consuming to make because more fuckery is needed for the prmit holders to get the ingredients and bla bla bla and next they will regulate who they sell it to and so on ad nauseum.

"Industry members have relied on the exemption for wetted nitrocellulose for many years and are aware of no accidental detonations or diversion of this product into illicit channels. Consequently, it is unclear why ATF believed it necessary to change its policy and, more importantly, why ATF announced the change in a newsletter article with no advance notice to industry."
>>
>>31163814
>We can't ban the guns so we'll ban the materials
They're going to destroy our industry if they keep this shit up
>>
>>31164807
they are trying to destroy america and anything that stands in the way of their vision of a slave world.
>>
>>31163814
What a load of bullshit.
Is there way to protest this?
>>
>>31163814
Looks like I'm buying that Dillon aero press now
>>
File: 1454382864428.jpg (166KB, 396x409px) Image search: [Google]
1454382864428.jpg
166KB, 396x409px
The audacity of these fuckers....
>>
>>31165034
Nobody forces you to live here.

>>31164785
Did anyone make sure the actual stature passed?
Because if the industry is mum for several months, then I smell a setup to gouge ammo again just in time for Labor Day.
>>
Well.. I guess I will be buying ammo more frequently than usual for a while.
>>
>>31164983
Besides voting Trump?
>>
>>31163814
Likely won't have much of an effect on prices of handgun ammunition as the powder comes out as the least expensive part if you're reloading. If I'm remembering correctly from what my 9mm loads cost it would have to about triple in price to cost the same as the primers (which happen to be the second least expensive component). Might see a bit of an effect on rifle ammunition prices though as those use quite a bit more powder.

>>31164052
>EPA banning lead production, trying to say shooting "contaminates with lead"
Sauce? It better not be the story about the EPA shutting down the last primary lead smelting plant where the lead from the plant wasn't even used for bullets.

>>31164995
What exactly would that help with?
>>
>>31163814

Why hasn't the Republican controlled house simply pulled the ATF's budget so they cant operate? Are booze/tobacco taxes that big of a deal that they need to keep that bureau running?
>>
>>31163814
>YFW the ATF just made their own ammunition bills higher
>>
>>31165263
It is that thing about the lead smelter shutting down.

EPA put new environmental regs on lead smelters. It was too expensive for the smelter to implement. So they just shut down instead.

Most lead in the USA is recycled or is imported.
>>
>>31165287
Because the senate wants more money for dem programs and hasn't really accepted much of anything, with a president who has even more unreasonable demands that the dem senate even laughed at.
>>
>>31164807
you think this is all accidental?
>>
>>31165303
Implying your not buying their ammo for them
>>
>>31165303
>government
>concerned about their budgets

pick one

Paul "Ayn Rand is my waifu" Ryan, as his first act as Speaker of the House, approved a new omnibus budget bill that added 3 trillion to the national debt in a few years.
>>
>>31165312
>It is that thing about the lead smelter shutting down.
Then that has nothing to do with ammunition. Stop perpetuating that lie.
>>
>>31165074

Fuck off, Obama nigger.
>>
>>31163814
>ATF encourages breaking the law with restrictive regulation against themselves and law abiding handloaders
>imply that felons even know how to make bullets
>IF WE FUCK EVERYONE OVER, WE GET OUR POLITICAL ENEMIES TOO
Are they serious lol
>>
>>31165362
How do you know mr big shot
>>
>>31165323
no.

if (((Soros and Bloomberg))) win in November. The prepared EOs are going to have the gun and ammo industries screaming for mercy. The only ones left standing will be the ones with government contracts, a few high end boutique makers, and the bigbox gun stores.

Imports will be completely gone. all under "sporting purposes", ITAR, or some UN gun trafficking agenda.
>>
>>31165287
Because pulling the budget means no guns period.

>>31165385
Because you can track where the lead comes from, its China, get access to a university with isotope sampling equipment.

>>31165363
Oh I'm sorry, is asking for proof now considered a lie here as much on Tumblr?

>>31165369
Actually, if its onerous, it culls the whole section. So this would be very enjoyable to take to court and have struck down on being a defacto ban. Which is disallowed per DC vs Heller
>>
>>31165362
>last producer of new lead in the USA
>bullets are made of lead
>the gommies are already known for attacking gun owners by regulating lead.
>>
>>31165421
FffuuuuuUUUUUCK

Can these motherfuckers stop wrecking this country for one fucking day ?

This kind of shit makes me physically ill.
>>
>>31165427
>Because pulling the budget means no guns period.

Explain?
>>
File: 1462512867709.jpg (65KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1462512867709.jpg
65KB, 566x480px
>>31165369
>ATF encourages breaking the law with restrictive regulation against... law abiding handloaders
Unless you are reloading with pure nitrocellulose, this will not affect the legality of loading your own ammunition.

>>31165421
>>31165459
>muh executive orders
Come up with something new to claim that they'll use. I've been hearing the same shit for the past 8 years and nothing has happened. If Obama couldn't come up with something in the whole time he was in office then what makes you think Hillary will?

>>31165439
Except bullets in the US aren't made with freshly mined lead from primary smelters, and secondary smelters are still running.
>>
>>31165427
Thank god for the legal precedent in challenge. This regulation just sounds like a typical bureaucratic knee-jerk.
>>
>>31165470
Ok I feel better thanks
>>
>>31165439
And all the existing lead in the US and those plants poofed?

Because http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/lead/5-year/

>>31165459
You could, you know, wait for the event to occur.
Have you had bypass surgery yet from being told Obama was going to take your gun 3 years ago?

>>31165463
Nobody runs the check forms, nobody there to stamp and process new guns.
NICS checks can have the assumed go if not told no, but if they can't be run, its a no.

>>31165473
Take a look at the new California bill, its going to make it a very gun happy state due to the stupidity in it. They have no alternative bills in place...
>>
>>31165074
Shrink the federal government you faggot
>>
>>31165336
That cuck deserves to hang.
>>
>>31165470
>If Obama couldn't come up with something in the whole time he was in office then what makes you think Hillary will?
She has a guaranteed Supreme Court seat and possibly two more.
>>
>>31165513
>federal
... The state has a much heavier boot on my throat than the federal government.

Reduce government period.
>>
>>31165513
Yeah, let's start with all the kickback programs and dividing places up for congressional districts.

>>31165526
So does Obama, he apparently is going for an appointment.

>>31165545
Age limit, none over 65 are allowed in office.
>>
>>31165505
>NICS

Isn't that FBI's gig? It's content literally has nothing much to do with guns.
>>
>>31165526
>She has a guaranteed Supreme Court seat and possibly two more.
Congress is under no obligation to affirm any nomination no matter what. Especially when said nomination would likely be the most corrupt and activist justice available.

Status quo is not a valid excuse for representatives ruining the nation further.
>>
>>31165470
Hillary has already proclaimed she has like 50 EOs to use on Guns. All likely to have been written and worked over by Bloomberg's lawyers.
>>
>>31165572
Not sure, I just sign the forms and hand them off after making sure they don't have a hidden provisions.
Do know that things get easier when the regulatory bodies get funded.
Cut the subsisdies, pay the IRS and regulatories, fix government by having the groups that are supposed to do shit, do so.
Also, allow profit, look at the USPS, has to be fucking murdered when people started pointing this bit out.
If profit is so good, then let the government do so.
>>
>>31165526
...and? Unlike you, /pol/acks, and all the other fucktards out there, Supreme Court Justices actually think ahead and realize that giving the president unlimited power is a bad thing that can bite you in the ass hard later when the opposing party comes into power again. They aren't going to give her the authority to unilaterally expand her power with executive orders past what is currently legally allowed.
>>
>>31165579
and the Republicans holding the Senate majority is not likely.

If the Dems get Senate majority. They'll cram through anyone Hillary picks.

Just wait, if Trump's loss looks certain. The Republican senate will likely approve Garland for Justice. Better him than any Ginsburg tier pick Hillary has.
>>
>>31165610
except you have crazies like Ginsburg. Who dislike the US constitution and prefer the South African constitution. Supposedly the US constitution doesn't not grant equality to her. So Ginsburg, basically does not even consider the constitution and just straight up Activist Judge all her rulings.
>>
>>31165323
Of course not, the ATF are the fags that want to fuck over everyone related wih firearms
>>
File: krame.jpg (9KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
krame.jpg
9KB, 280x280px
>>31165470
>Unless you are reloading with pure nitrocellulose
>pure nitrocellulose
>>
>>31165610
>Supreme Court Justices actually think ahead and realize that giving the president unlimited power is a bad thing that can bite you in the ass hard later when the opposing party comes into power again.
No they don't because the commies know they can just get a case sent their way and say "nu uh" for the next 4/8 years, and get a case sent their way again and flip it.

Liberal/leftists/activist justices don't care about America or the constitution.

>They aren't going to give her the authority to unilaterally expand her power with executive orders past what is currently legally allowed.
History consistently says otherwise. If the supreme court is willing to illegally give the supreme court the ability to rewrite the constitution, then they are willing to do anything.
>>
>>31165610
you have to be literally retarded to not see why even just one hillary supreme court justice will be a massive problem for gun owners.
>>
>>31165470
>If Obama couldn't come up with something in the whole time he was in office then what makes you think Hillary will?
Are you kidding me? Obama focused more on fucking up imports and manufactures since he couldn't get a push for the actual firearms.
>>
File: 1464225631316.gif (336KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464225631316.gif
336KB, 200x200px
The ATF should be abolished
>>
>>31165595
Just like everything those post Sandy Hook executive orders accomplished?
>>
>>31165421
LOL this is some MK Ultra level-FUD with no source.

You need to post some links that aren't news sources, Politifact, fudders.com or some Breitbart bullshit that actually have this information listed.
>>
>>31165719
Gun Control Act is so broadly worded. Hillary could cut off imports on day one.

Just look at what Obama did to gunsmiths recently. Just up and decided that if a gunsmith drilled, cut, tapped, died into metal of a gun. Then that smith's business needed to register as an exporter of military firearms as under the ITAR. Which means an additional $2500 a year to stay in business, or change to a FFL7 SOT.
>>
>>31165729
hello CTR.

5 Hillary Good Citizen points has been deposited in your account, for Correcting the Record in the thread.
>>
File: 1469954212983.gif (2MB, 353x234px) Image search: [Google]
1469954212983.gif
2MB, 353x234px
>>31165671
>Liberal/leftists/activist justices don't care about America
>everyone who doesn't vote for the same party as me in this two party system hates America
Please consider suicide.
>>
File: wat.jpg (2KB, 104x90px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
2KB, 104x90px
>>31165595

You guys know that executive orders don't just come on a toilet-paper roll that sits inside the leg-well in the desk of the Oval Office right? (its actual toilet paper from the first Clinton administration, used primarily to clean cum off of the faces of 18 year old interns)

Executive Orders can be overturned.

Seriously though, whats the ramifications on this bill passing for the average shooter? Increased ammo price? Ammo scarcity?

If I had the cash I'd be investing in ammo manufacturers right now.

Buy up as much stock as you can, watch the stocks rise during panic buying, maybe panic by yourself some presents as well, the moment they start to dip, sell, sell, sell, and you've made yourself a decent profit.

Does this mean reload will be dead as a hobby, because I've been saving my shell casings to the point where I have like a dozen shoe-boxes full of spent brass.
>>
>>31165812
Dude, to most of the left in america, America was a mistake. The country needs to be remade in the EU's image. Especially the UK, German, or Swedish image. No guns, lots of immigrants, thought crimes, government monitoring the shit out of everyone, huge welfare state, high taxes, etc

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/02/06/why-does-ruth-bader-ginsburg-like-the-south-african-constitution-so-much/

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/02/06/why-does-ruth-bader-ginsburg-like-the-south-african-constitution-so-much/

also remember that Ginsburg was a "moderate" as sold by Bill Clinton. though really it was a lie.
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2014/07/18/clinton-era-memo-outlines-ruth-bader-ginsburgs-style-problems

Billy knew Ginsburg was a rabid leftist activist.
>>
File: babby.jpg (19KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
19KB, 385x383px
>>31165729

LOL MK-ULTRA ACTUALLY HAPPENED YOU STUPID FUCK

If you're going to call someone out for tin-foiling, pick an event that didn't actually happen.
>>
>>31165812
Just look up how the "America Was Never Great" hashtag was trending on twitter on July 4th.
>>
>>31165470
>I've been hearing the same shit for the past 8 years and nothing has happened.

attempted ban of m855 = nothing
ban of 5.45 import = nothing
confiscation of 40mm illumination = nothing
fingerprint/photo requirement for trusts = nothing
attempted AWB renewal = nothing
attempted universal background checks = nothing

also = other shit I cant remember because im a little drunk

if thats your version of nothing id hate to see something

also

get out commie sympathizer
>>
>>31165914
almost all the legislation concerning guns, ammo, and their manufacture; are too broadly worded. allowing the executive branch to write what ever rule they please, under those laws.

in a sane country. the legislature would have to pass a bill to make wetted nitrocellulose a high explosive.

the DEA wouldn't be able to put Kratom on schedule one, with out a specific bill from congress.
>oh no the goyim found a plant that can manage pain. they'll stop buying our opiate prescription pills. shut it down.
>>
>>31165927
And the best part is, its all a result of the America you and others so champion.
>>
Slow degradation of your rights Americans. After they banned our semi-autos in Australia we got the same shit.

Slow additional legislation pushed through without effort. The latest one was the quadrupling of the cost to register a firearm, from $40 to ~$160 and it requiring a gun shop to give you a 'serviceability certificate' which they started charging $100 for.

Everytime I want to buy a gun now i have to add at least $260 on top of the cost.
>>
>>31165967
the m855 and 7n6 bans are bullshit. because the GCA states in letter and spirit. that the round has to be designed for a pistol originally.
>>
>>31165998
explain?

because this Regressive Left is not the liberalism that America has championed in the past.
>>
>>31166027
The result of American egalitarianism is the first belief of liberalism, everyone is equal, therefore it must be the fault of whoever has power to pervert this. This is enshrined right in the Constitution, and never really considered what such a lie would lead to.

Part two, American success and requirements to it.
Americans are extraordinarily successful, the issue is this is not owned up to. Rather than hail ourselves as a great place, we call it all trash and say we need more. Humans are comparative socially, we see that we are great, but constantly told we're not, we're average and less, its the 1% who truly make up everything (remember trickle down?).
So now they see how shit the rest of the world is, and have to parse being considered the same as them when clearly not.

Two major tenants of American religion and they lead always to this point.
The key is having a lot of money to keep people from having to work a bit.
Note how this really only persists in those without deliverables.
>>
>>31165676
There's a difference in saying that they would effect a ruling in a regular gun related case and saying that they would give the president power to act completely outside of the law.

>>31165696
>Are you kidding me? Obama focused more on fucking up imports and manufactures since he couldn't get a push for the actual firearms.
Except he didn't.

>>31165927
>government monitoring the shit out of everyone
George Bush, pretty much the entire Republican party in general, and even Trump are on the left now? Who isn't on the left in your world?

>http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/02/06/why-does-ruth-bader-ginsburg-like-the-south-african-constitution-so-much/
While I won't state an opinion on that case as I don't know enough about the South African constitution. It would be ridiculous to state that no country could have possibly come up with anything even the slightest bit superior to the US constitution in any way over the last 200+ years.

>>31165967
>attempted ban of m855 = nothing
ATF

>ban of 5.45 import = nothing
ATF, and being appealed.

>confiscation of 40mm illumination = nothing
ATF, was going to say something about it but can't find the damn letter.

>fingerprint/photo requirement for trusts = nothing
ATF

>attempted AWB renewal = nothing
>attempted universal background checks = nothing
Couldn't even make it past congress to get to the president.
>>
>>31164983
Just fucking shoot them

That's what we have these for in the first place. So when they start acting up like this, we can fucking shoot them until they stop.
>>
>>31166125
Ginsburg's opinion on the US constitution is disturbing and faceteous. Because she basically ignores the amendents after the 10th, and treats it like it is still the document written by the founders.
>>
>>31165074
no one stops you from hanging yourself
>>
>>31165505
>Take a look at the new California bill, its going to make it a very gun happy state due to the stupidity in it. They have no alternative bills in place...

oh bless your heart, you think laws stop these people
>>
>>31166007
So you agree with his point?
>>
>>31164103
If the ATF pretends they're doing useful rather than being a drain on American tax dollars they wont get their budget cut.
>>
>>31164103
it is adding cost to operation of propellant manufacturers. to comply with new regulation fees, upgrades in their facilities, new personnel, inspections, etc. gives the ATF and DHS more power over them. will possibly drive smaller operations out of profitability and out of business. all of which is going to add a few cents to the price per round.
>>
>>31166469
>will possibly drive smaller operations out of profitability and out of business
this is the overall goal

the alphabet boys are at it again, doing the dirty work for the Big Greedies
>>
>>31165287
Because majority of Republicans are anti-gun nowadays. Shit started from Reagan.
>>
>>31166429
They need to not exist.
>>
>>31165074
>Nobody forces you to live here.
try to legally leave the country without a passport
>>
>>31164052
FAA is full of proguns, as you would expect for an industry full of high-IQ males
>>
we need someone to hack the ATF databases and start leaking the names of undercover agents in the field. Enough times of this and they will get the message to back the fuck off.
>>
>>31166497
>>31165287
the GOP is only pro gun because it is in opposition to the Democrats new push on gun control.

we should really worry WHEN Hillary offers the Establishment GOP something in exchange for gun control.
>>
>>31166543
Jokes on you, Hillary will be either dead or in jail in few months.
>>
>>31165607
>>31165572

NICS is, in fact, the fbi.
>>
>>31166602
but the website/phone center is run and staffed by private contractors.
>>
>>31165470
Obama is relatively pro-gun in comparison to Clinton. He's a gun owner and hasn't called for an australia-style blanket ban of gun ownership.

Not to mention gun politics was a relatively dangerous area to expend political capital on during his presidency.

There is a much stronger desire and greater lack of opposition to really shaft gun rights in the coming Clinton terms.
>>
File: mfwdenton.jpg (13KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
mfwdenton.jpg
13KB, 321x321px
>>31165974

>DEA wouldn't be able to put Kratom on schedule one

Shit, I just saw that. But I disagree with your reasoning as to why. I attribute it to the so-called, "war on pain."

About 9 years ago I was working as a pharmacy technician as a senior in HS. Did that for about 3 years. Met a lot of people with serious pain conditions. For a few years, we distributed opiates and opioids like candy (2008-2010). I met a lot of pharmacists, and it was only the new-school pharmDs that gave a shit. The older pharmacists, who graduated back when it was a 4 year BS program, were fun guys who enjoyed organic chemistry and discussing pharmacology in general. The new-grads were the opposite. In 2011, the last year I had that job, I noticed a sharp drop in scheduled drugs in general. We were audited by the DEA every 6 months. The new pharmacists look down on most of their patients who take any scheduled substance, unless they're dying of terminal illness.

Coincidentally, the rise in heroin use has skyrocketed in the last decade. More recently, laced heroin has been showing up killing 100s of people at a time, creating an engineered welfare state.
>>
File: 1458159548759.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1458159548759.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>31166575
>Hillary will be dead or in jail in a few months
What SERIOUSLY makes you think this? The bitch has been able to skirt around Every. Fucking. Thing. thrown at her and is more of a threat now than she ever was before all the "muh emails" stuff came to surface. With the intelligence community and Military-Industrial/Intelligence-Security Complex wrapped around her fingers, it is astronomically unlikely that they would bite the hand that feeds them, or are not already diverting massive resources away from the War on "Terror" to ensure that their meal ticket isn't greased by some enraged citizen.
tldr
She has this shit in the bag since she has the support of big business and the spooky side of the govt, and anyone daring enough and with the ideology to actually drop her, is likely already on a watchlist if not dead already.
>>
>>31165676
If the right-wing didn't want a couple of new liberal supreme court justices, maybe they should have put up a viable candidate that sane people would actually want to vote for.
>>
>>31163954
Ok, let me clear the air. Barack changed his name because he was the one that sucks. >>31164234
Dont worry, law enforcement is very pro 2nd amendment and wont ever dare to enforce these insane laws. Sure LEOs hate the 1st, routinely ignore the 3rd, absolutely ignore the 4th or just have courts rule its fine if they claim they smelled something, and will beat you to death for pleading the 5th.

LEOs are very pro gun and pro 2nd amendment though.
>>
>>31164970
Or make a shitload of money from what they cant outright ban. Think all those transfer fees and taxes go to schools?
>>
>>31167838
You are legitimately living in a bubble if you think that. LEOs will do whatever they're told to do by bubba gubbament. If not they'll risk losing their jobs or even jail time. Watch, if in 15 years down the line an actual gun ban is enforced, the police will be the ones on the ground doing the dirty work. What do you think all that military stuff is for? Police are meant to protect the citizenry of the country, but soon they will be forced to turn against us.
>>
>>31167872
You missed the heavy dose of sarcasm in that post.
>>
>>31163952
>They all made fun of my piss jugs
>Who's laughing now?
>>
>>31167961
You're right, well time to go to bed I guess.
>>
>>31166246
>ignoring everything after the 10th
>disturbing
If this is true why the fuck didnt we shove Ginsburg in yesterday?
everything after the tenth is useless junk that complicates and muddles the original document and its intentions.
>>
>>31165729
how can i get paid to do your job for you in an effective way
>>
>>31166168
But unless you have over 50% of the general population rising in armed revolt, you would be automatically deemed a domestic terrorist and tried for treason, resulting in your execution and the "justified" further erosion of our constitutional rights.
>>
>>31163814
What government facility with a daycare do the ATF use for their children? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>31170070
Like LaVoy Finnicum?
>>
>>31166930
Can't believe I'm saying this but:

>Hillary Clinton
Or
>somehow 4 more years of Obama

I would honestly say that if that were the situation I would rather have Obama for another term than Clinton (either Bill or Hillary).
Doesn't mean I like Obama, pretty much hate him as he has continued to strain race relations, attempted gun control measures, useless EO's and import bans, but if it came to Hillary vs Barry, I choose Barry because he at least is learning his limits and doesn't want total ban.
>>
>>31170109
Never heard of that, care to elaborate for me?
>>
>>31170098
probably the same building they work in
>>
>>31165227
That's a gamble hoping Trump is on your side. Then again it's all you have.

You're fucked man. The world's fucked. We complain but the only people really doing anything about it are the very people making it worse. It seems like there will be no civil reawakening until things start falling apart.
>>
>>31170141
Look it up.

I wish more white people were aware of how the police treat white people.
>>
>>31170186
Listen m8, I rather go with the wildcard, that's endorsed by the NRA, with two /k/ incarnated sons. The same man that has a solid VP choice with his own sets of disagreements, and is also progun, than the sociopathic woman with a whole antigun agenda who believes the constitution must be "regulated" and the "libertarians" with their antigun VP.
>>
>>31163814
Any additional sauce? Couldn't find anything mentioned on the Federal Register about it
The comment section of the article gives me hope though
>>
>>31165729

hey astroturf. Let me help you the fuck out. You are using a dated Acronym, and just placed your self. LOL. what the fuck is this, 1995? Want to hop on my roflchoper and lolerskate? Should we cuddle and glomp in an IRC chatroom.

Fuck. I cant even call you a troll, just go back to usenet.
>>
>>31163814
If I am correct, the compound already found in primers is classed as a high explosive. So is black powder. Most ammo manufactures already have the permits to deal with this. I don't think we will see much if any of an adjustment of prices due this directly. Panic buying will adjust as people stockpile ammo and powder in preparation for something that will most likely never happen.
>>
>>31170368
Well yeah, a gamble is always better than the gauranteed tyranny Hillary will enact.

But the fact that you're in that position in the first place means you've been hopelessly compromised. You're still in a position where all you can do is hope things won't get even worse, rather than actively making it better.

I'm not saying it's particularly better anywhere else, and certainly worse. I guess I just can't help verbalizing how depressing it is to realize you live in an age of decline. We're the depression generation.
>>
>>31165312
I thought the Obama administration created jobs?
>>
>>31172504
>dude
>just wait for hitler
>voting is for sheep, the REAL politically enlightened virtue signal on chans and facebook
>>
>>31163814
>ammoland.com
why can't paranoid fudds ever provide primary sources for things?
>>
File: 5dHkwUH.jpg (54KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
5dHkwUH.jpg
54KB, 500x435px
>not one chucklefuck realizing this was announced in the June ATF newsletter.

https://www.atf.gov/file/106536/download

Page 2 on the PDF. One of TFB's cuck shitposters posted a "Breaking News" article and suddenly everyone loses their shit.
>>
ATF’s June 2016 Explosives Industry Newsletter included a brief discussion of Nitrocellulose, and attempted to clarify the circumstances under which wetted Nitrocellulose is considered a high explosive under 27 CFR, Part 555. As with all explosives, ATF’s focus is on the potential public safety risks associated with materials that can be misused or diverted to unlawful purposes. Subsequent contact from industry members who import, transport, store or employ wetted Nitrocellulose in the production of ammunition, however, has brought to our attention issues that were not fully addressed in the Newsletter and require further consultation and consideration with the industry. Accordingly, ATF has and will conduct further industry outreach concerning wetted Nitrocellulose. In the interim, previously authorized industry practices concerning wetted Nitrocellulose will not be affected.
>>
C:\Users\User\Downloads\Explosives\Explosive Compounds\Nitro-containing Compounds\Nitrocellulose synthesis by Powerlabs.mht
>>
File: 1469575574268.png (907KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469575574268.png
907KB, 720x720px
>>31172255

You dont understand gestapo boot then.

Technically all of the ammunition you have and thats on the store shelves right now is classified as High Explosives.

That means they can come take it. Or at will shut down civilian access to ammunition.

And by going after the Primers that means even if you whip up your own powder - you're not getting the Primers - those would disappear.

Also even if they dont try to take away the Ammo directly... they can threaten the ammo manufacturers to make back room deals.

Maybe they get told to make more bullets (like .22lr) that wont penetrate armor and have shitty ballistics, still make some that people want but make it really limited. Take on more government contracts to fill the gap in their revenue.

>then .223 and .308 ammo virtually disappears, along with any other shit they dont like.

And shut down ammo production?
Does that hurt the MIC or military?

Not really because they could have people handpicked already to start up ammo production companies that make bullets specifically for the government.

Just a speed bump for them thats all.

>for clarification
>I believe smokeless powder has a concentration of NC around 10%
>So its not the Smokeless Powder itself that is classified as a high explosive

>However some primers, and somebody would have to do research to find out exactly how many, have over 12% NC since the prior limit was 25% NC.
>This is implied since it would even be an issue.

> Im sure they could change their formula and put less NC in their primers in exchange for more primer powder in it. If they had been given prior notification they could make that change without a problem.
> But the fact remains as a result of this they have them over a barrel due to technicality. And they could be Shut Down by the ATF if they dont screw us.

>and the Technicality is intentional.
>>
>>31175370
No, the powder used in ammunition isn't the same thing as the described wetted nitrocellulose. Production powder, most of which is made outside the US, is fine.
>>
>>31175790
Wetted nitrocellulose is a product used to produce modern smokeless powders, it's far from the final product.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.