[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunting camo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (74KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 600x400px
So /k/ I've been very curious about the military not using hunting camo for woodland type situations. It looks like it could work in a dense forest
>>
>>31161566
The US Army infantry is diverse and needs diversity in its uniform. I once flew from Central America to Southeast Asia wearing the same fatigues. Your "hunting" gear may kick ass one place then stick out in another.
>>
File: 1232413423.jpg (613KB, 2266x1452px) Image search: [Google]
1232413423.jpg
613KB, 2266x1452px
>>31161597
This.
Also hunting patterns typically have more detail in them. That means more printing cost. At any more than five meters away, having intricate pictures of leaves on your clothes is no better than cheaper and simpler blobs.
>>
>>31161597
pretty much this, you can't equip soldier with a dozen different camos, not even the special forces. The trick is not finding the perfect camo, but having a versatile camo that is at least okayish for where you might have to use it.
>>
>>31161566
Army type here, hunting camo is fucking amazing for the focused environment it's intended for, average for similar color schemes and sticks out in different ones. Working military camo (marpat and multicam) is a wider environment of better than average for intended and related colors. That is the logical side. Now the budget/procurement/lowest bidder madness allows for utterly retarded nonsense in testing development and purchasing from limited pools of manufacturers (often blind). I wouldn't doubt some sf has used hunting patterns when appropriate but it is a logical impossibility to make one and done or one for every spot
>>
>>31161566
Hunting camo only works well while sitting still. A more genetic camo works fairly well even while you are moving.
>>
>>31161663
>fuddlore
>>
>>31161663
Why spread bullshit man?
>>
>>31161597
So why not make various versions
>>
>>31161643
not this guy but tl;dr:
>Military patterns work (almost) everywhere, hunter camo is meant for hyper-specific environments

also, idk about yankees, but here in canada at basic they tell you straight up that camo is insufficient in general and you should start cramming sticks and bush parts into your clothes if you want to actually hide yourself for ambush. The uniform is a legal requirement and basic PPE (many military uniforms are water-resistant and some are fire-resistant as well), not an invisibility cloak.
>>
>>31161820
That costs more. It's a waste of time, money, and resources. At the absolute most, the army could have one dedicated arid pattern and one dedicated tropic pattern. They just opted for simplicity and cost cutting.
>>
>>31161820
Do you know how many 11Bs would want to slit your throat for introducing a dozen uniform changes? Plus, who the fuck wants to carry all that?

Fore thought, junior.
>>
File: delet this.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
>>31161820
>the thought of having to have yet more of my closet filled by useless uniforms I'll never wear, all in triplicate
>>
File: mateits.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mateits.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>31161663
The observation is that patterns stand out more than single colors while moving.
>>
>>31161900
>>31161918
>>31161945
It would nice to see different versions though
>>
>>31162068
I literally lost an entire closet because the navy issued me
>about a dozen sets of 'whites'
>three double-breasted suits
>two peacoats
>two ceremonial rain jackets
>two "hot weather" rain jackets (not actually permitted aboard ship)
>two "hot weather" rain pants (not actually permitted aboard ship)
>two nomex windbreakers
>fifteen sets of PT gear
>three peaked caps
>two pairs of white shoes
>one pair of oxfords
>one pair of ankle boots
>one pair of combat boots
>and a partridge in a pear tree
>>
>>31162310
Kek
>>
>>31162310
And then you were stuck being a seaman for 3 years so you could carry caskets.
>>
>>31162422
That's not a funny joke, brother.
>>
>>31162439
No it's not, but it's for some reason how it works. They take tall well built recruits and make them believe it's some huge honor and then stagnate their career for 3 fucking years. Make it a "rate" and then crossrate them at the conclusion of their tour.
>>
>>31162068
Fuck you my CIF record is already like 9 pages long and "costs" $20,000. We don't need more shit.
>>
>>31162310
>>31162646
I meant for hunting
>>
>>31161566
Just make a Ghillie suit dude. Its obvious that you're not swaying in the wind. Stick out like a sore thumb. Strape burlap to your gun and silencer as well, it helps.
>>
>>31162310
Kek
>>
>>31163147
But I'm talking about just hunters camos reliability
>>
File: image.gif (463KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
463KB, 300x188px
>>31161663
>>
>>31161890
Oooh good catch with becoming part of the environment. We never did that stuff past basic due to sandbox but it would matter in jungle to temperate wooded regions
>>
>>31162310
>all of that
>issued
Bullshit.
>>
>>31161566
Animals see differently than humans.

Therefore different camos.
>>
Watched a vid on sofrep about how well multicam camouflages.
Standard Multicam with just a ghillied boonie, and I couldn't spot the guy once out of about 5 scenarios
>>
>wearing camouflage for hunting
Lmfao, rub some snake oil on your shoes while you're at it bro. Get you some scent killer too, maybe some doe piss.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.