[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Defense.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 14

File: Loss.jpg (158KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Loss.jpg
158KB, 800x600px
Okay attempt three. So after fucking up this post twice, let's see if I can get this right. I'm looking into getting a shotgun for home and land defense, really sick of crackheads running off with my tools and such(Live down in the boonies in Hawaii.), I'm looking into grabbing a shotgun ideally in the under 400$ range but I'm a bit lost as to what would be good for what I need it for.
>>
>>31158844
Also probably of note. I am absolutely tiny. I'm a 5'4" 100 nothing manlet who may very well struggle to handle any "larger" weapons.
>>
>>31158844
Go crossbow and shovel crackheads have too many protections in Hawaii and your state is or soon is going full registration mode
>>
>>31158875
Hawaii has no duty to retreat when on your own property, though if I understand the law correctly I'm also not supposed to use lethal force unless I have "Reasonable suspicion" that I face bodily harm. Either way, cops don't seem to give too much of a shit about crackheads.
>>
File: 1460684034427.jpg (66KB, 560x747px) Image search: [Google]
1460684034427.jpg
66KB, 560x747px
>>31158844
>when I saw it
Lost my shit.
>>
>>31158865

You can't be so pathetic as to not be able to handle twelve gauge.

My little sister is 9 and she can shoot clays all day with 12 gauge. Literally drive down to Walmart and buy some budget shotgun, they will all work fine, they are not complicated machines just don't get a semi auto
>>
>>31158901
Then check and be damned sure what protection and requirements you have on lethal force on your property especially when one cops attitude can be the difference between a justified self defense or manslaughter/worse. Precedent is your main focus to determine your process of confrontation. Weapon type is after all of that.
>>
>>31158922
I've never fired a gun, anon. I don't know what I can handle but I felt it was information which "may" be pertinent info. Additionally, this is Hawaii. Gun purchase is fairly restrictive and Walmart doesn't carry actual guns, just airsoft and the like.
>>
>>31158844
Is that the official art?
>>
>>31158915
You best be telling us what your clever eyes saw.
>>
>>31158844
>>
>>31159034
Yea man, of course.
>>
>>31158844
Winchester SXP Defender is inexpensive and extremely well made for the money.
>>
>>31158844
>shotgun
>home defense
lol
>>
>>31159082
And what would YOU recommend, anon?
>>
>>31158844
Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500. "The working man's shotgun." They're popular, cheap, have plenty of parts, and they're reliable. Mav88 is cheaper, but 500 is better quality in some ways. You can get Security models of both that have have shorter barrels, usually around the same thing.
>>
>>31159098
Ar,ak,pistol,pcc,lever gun or shot gun order varies by location laws and availability
>>
>>31159050
Memes in a disney princess movie. Meme magic is real.
>>
>>31159116
If you need to do shotgun this is correct
>>
>>31159126
So basically "literally any gun at all will do" is what you're getting at...?
>>
>>31159098
Intermediate cartridge rifle, like the rest of the modern world

inb4 overpenetration myth, inv4 50000 projectiles per shot, inb4 so much more stopping power, inb4 10 billion times the energy killing people instantly, inb4 im just a poor fudd and am not with the times yes.
>>
>>31159150
Short answer yes. Longer answer is use the right tool for the job. Laws, weapon/ammo availability, range, public perception, capacity, familiarity, ability, ease of use, and users ability to think under pressure are all of similar importance when selecting a weapon
>>
>>31159050
That's fucking hilarious
>>
>>31158844
Don't waste your time with any other gun, anon.
>>
>>31159283
I don't get it.
>>
>>31159291
You evil fuck. I kept a 45-70 out of lack of options for a while and that would have been crazy overkill
>>
>>31158844
>pic
Holy fucking shit, no way
>>
>>31159291
i remember this story
subhuman piece of shit.
>>
File: A NUUU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE.jpg (34KB, 141x204px) Image search: [Google]
A NUUU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE.jpg
34KB, 141x204px
>>31158865
>I'm a 5'4" 100
I feel your pain, 5'8" 110 skeleton myself. Semi and pump sotgun feel horrendously cumbersome, and long weapons in general are hard to keep aimed for extended periods of time without chick leaning like a bitch.

I'd recommand either a handgun, a pistol caliber carbine (including lever actions) or an AR if you can get them.

You will do better with a gun you feel comfortable with, especially since you'll be more likely to practice with it.

Caliber and capacity aren't even that relevant in most self defense situations, having a gun, any gun is the important part. People will go on about how you need a Saiga 12 with a 20 rounds drum full of jacketed hollow point slugs in case you get bum rushed by 20 Zulus on PCP, but at that point unless you live in a warzone you might as well prepare for a meteorit fall because that's just as likely.
>>
>Hawaii
You're fucked.
>>
>>31159434
Well said and again comfort and ease of use. They make it easier to do simple shit. Anything defense related can make simple shit hard really fast. So practice moving around home(or proprietary), pointing at likely places a crackhead could hide. Play hide and seek with your kids to see how many places you will not think of. And make sure you can point pop reload and hold a light as all are possible to need under stress
>>
>>31159434
>Caliber and capacity aren't even that relevant in most self defense situations,
>but at that point unless you live in a warzone you might as well prepare for a meteorit fall because that's just as likely.
Pls don't lib logic here.
>>
File: GOODWIN LIKES.png (572KB, 410x472px) Image search: [Google]
GOODWIN LIKES.png
572KB, 410x472px
>>31158844
Holy shit

Please tell me that's a shoop

I'm fucking dying here
>>
File: 1400256375084.png (473KB, 1125x720px) Image search: [Google]
1400256375084.png
473KB, 1125x720px
>>31158844
Disney can't be serious.

Someone would catch that, or at least ask what it is.

Holy shit.
>>
>>31159613
I don't get it, wat is it, it's too small.
>>
File: 1471590081166.gif (338KB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
1471590081166.gif
338KB, 538x572px
>>31158915
I saw it too. I'm not telling what it is though.
>>
>>31159620

>>31159050

Apparently it's a meme? I still don't see it.
>>
>>31159651
Maybe the meme is pretending something is there.
>>
>>31159663
>>31159651
It's a reference to a ctrl alt del comic.
>>
>>31159651
look up loss.jpg my man.
>>
>>31159694
Hooooly fuck that's hilarious
>>
>>31159570
I'm not saying everything you don't NEED should be banned. If you want to defend your home with a M2 on a tripod I see nothing wrong with it. You might vaporize a neightbour or two everytime but that's your responsibility, not the state's.

But in the end it's about statistics. Just because you can have a 88 flak in you backyard doesn't mean it's necessarily the most practical for you in most self defense scenarios, even if you might need it someday.

I'd rather have something handy and practical and take the risk of being outgunned in the off chance I get caught in an actual firefight. But I'm absolutely not denying your freedom of preparing for an all out war if you like.
>>
>>31159701
>more lib logic
How did you go from 20 round shotguns to flak 88s? Stop taking shit to the moon mate, it's perfectly reasonable to desire 30 round mags and faster reloads than a shotgun in a world where multiple attacking home invaders is very much a possibility.

I'm not saying you should prepare for war, I'm saying you should prepare for a worse case than the averages.
>>
>>31159694

Thank you. And. Holy shit. If thats actually in the movie then I might actually see it. Fuck ctrl alt del and they deserve the shit that followed.
>>
>>31159729
>it's perfectly reasonable to desire 30 round mags and faster reloads than a shotgun
Yes it is, sorry if what I said came off as something else.

What I'm trying to say to OP is that if for some reason he can't have an AR or isn't comfortable using one, he can get something else and still be OK most of the time. If he gets caught in a situation where having a 10 rounds mag instead of a 30 causes him to die it's too bad, but the chances seem remote. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere most self defense encounters end in less than 10 shots anyay.
>>
>>31158915
Shut up and take your stale memes back with to /v/, OP.
>>
>>31159858
Not OP, and don't get all mad you didn't get it, newfag.
>>
>>31159830
Most do, I'm not saying most don't really. The average encounter, as in the majority of them, end with a few shots fired, maybe a target is hit, even if there are multiple people they leave.

I just think it's important to plan for the oh shit moment where the 1, 2, possibly more people DON'T want to leave, or aren't there for things, or maybe even are just looking for a fight. We're seeing a rash of purpose driven shooters, killing as many as they can, not caring if they die in the process. Normally they target soft, highly populated areas, but nothing says crazy can't be interested in the common home.

A 30 round magazine puts you well above less than 10 shots, a run of the mill pump shotgun puts you in that danger zone by default.
>>
>>31159898
Pure coincidence NY has a mag cap of 10 (back from 7) fucking safe act. Oh well see what a 357 mag out of a 18 inch barrel can do
>>
>>31159161
You may think it's fuddlore, but it's what the jury thinks that matters. The prosecutor is going to love waving your scary black military assault rifle in front of 11 nogunz and a fudd.
>>
>>31160024
>The prosecutor is going to love waving your scary black military assault rifle in front of 11 nogunz and a fudd
Show me a single case where a legal weapon was used, that looked "scary" which ended up being detrimental to the defendant.
>>
>>31159050
Top kek. There is one of us in the studio.
>>
>>31159502
This is ridiculous.

Unless you've received training, you should NOT walk around your home trying to clear corners and looking for bad guys. You are more likely to misidentify a target and hurt someone or have your weapon taken and used against you.

The correct course of action is to call the police, retreat to a safe place behind a choke point you can control with your weapon and wait for help to arrive.
>>
>>31160153
nokids detected
>>
>>31160153
If that is a good option for the property yes that could work. My residence is rather open so cops would be cleaning out a body or 3 either way so not as much an option for us. Knowing your house and how to search is always valuable and you greatly overestimate the difficulty in learning how to clear rooms especially when you live in the layout
>>
>>31160188
Fucking right I almost shot a hoodrat over a broken window, kids involved would have had him room temp
>>
>>31160188
Kids are the only exception, and even then their presence means you should try and avoid a gunfight in the first place. If you can't get to them relatively quickly, an audible alarm is much safer for your kids then starting a gunfight.

>>31160263
Just curious, have you received any training? Unless you know how many intruders there are and where they are located, it's incredibly dangerous to go looking for them. How do you know while your busy engaging two guys in the kitchen, another thug won't walk out of the bathroom behind you? That's why professionals do it in teams and use tools like flashbangs.
>>
>>31160467
Prior to army did a bit of security. In both cases actual retards were able to clear a room. There are always exceptions to every damned plan. Yours is not a bad one when family and you have cover and a fatal funnel for any intruders. In other houses not everyone is in the same section and you may have to get to them and cover the approach. To totally write off defending your house by clearing it is not wise but admittedly it should not be an immediate go to option. Thus know your environment, develope several plans, and keep options available. Also flashbangs...... yeah no basically swat and some sf only we did m4/m9 and a surefire. Numbers are as likely to kill you either way if more than 2 as they have time and ability to search
>>
>>31160285
>hoodrat
Why are you shooting at couch surfing sluts, Anon?
>>
>>31160589
Wilmington strain are brutal bro
>>
File: 1472456327386.jpg (17KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
1472456327386.jpg
17KB, 236x324px
>>31158844
Where are you at on these islands? I would see nothing wrong with a Mossberg 500 or something simple like that. Even a nugget would be good for removing contaminated spam from your premises. I would also recomend getting/fit/, that would probably pay off the most.

>>31159291

Also this has been proven to be effective.
>>
>>31160550
If you have training, then my original post wasn't directed at you anyway. That said, you know none of your retarded squad mates ever cleared a room alone and nobody ever kicked in a door in the field until they spent countless hours practicing how to clear a room in glass houses and stx lanes.

The point is, room clearing is dangerous period. There is a reason why every agency that's had to do it well use specially trained entry teams whenever possible.

You do what ever has to be done when defending your home and family, but to those seeking real advice; fight with your head. There is zero reason to put yourself or your family in danger by starting a gunfight when 99.9% of the time pushing the button on your garage opener is enough to send most intruders running.
>>
>>31158901
It pretty much breaks down to, if your Local you'll prob be able to claim justifiable lethal force. If your white, your fucked.
>>
>>31158844
>Islander
Do you spearfish on the regular? If so I'm flat out envious as fuck
>>
>>31159050
IS THIS FUCKING REAL?
>>
>>31161089
National guard bro at best the retards did a 2 day intensive and were passed to deploy ready or not. Training helps but knowing your space and being willing to shoot helps more especially if you are dealing with thugs as opposed to trained (best we could) soldiers. Frankly some of the farmers we pissed off were scarier than any of the trained taliban
>>
>>31161089
But yes garage door opener can spook a lot of prospective intruders and identify real threats as they stay
>>
get yourself a remington 870 12 guage with an 18 and a half inch barrel. light and will fuck shit dead.
or an M1 Carbine reproduction. Mini 14 works too
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 900x900px
>>31159050
Meme magic is real
>>
File: laughing sluts.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sluts.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>31159161
>he uses an intermediate cartridge rifle for HD
>>
>>31159875
If he knows it's a /v/ meme he got it.
>>
>>31160044
Does that include if it functioned in a scary (automatic) fashion? Because I can find you one of those, and it looked "scary", but there was more to it than that--namely, it was an NFA firearm.
>>
>>31158844
Super duper serious question.
How the fuck does crack get to Hawaii? Are drug addicts and mischievous niggers common there?
>>
File: yes.jpg (212KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
212KB, 650x488px
>>31162114
If it was registered and allowed, there wouldn't be an issue. You're not going to jail for following the law unless something is disputable. Show me the case anyway.

>>31162064
Pic related.
>>
>>31159849
What's the shoop?

>>31159434
I second this. If the cops ask why you have a .357 or .45 lever action "It's an American Icon, why wouldn't I?"
>>
>>31160044

https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?t=42310

>The prosecutor made such a show of waving the machine gun that the judge made a point of instructing the jury that the death weapon had nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not the shooting was self-defense. The jury learned that Gary purchased the AC-556 personally and that it was perfectly legal to possess the weapon.

He was acquitted, but barely. The type of firearm used absolutely played a SIGNIFICANT role in the case.
>>
20 ga pump shotgun
9mm handgun
AR if that is even legal in Hawaii

Which ever of the above you feel most comfortable with.
>>
>>31164179
>The prosecutor made such a show of waving the machine gun that the judge made a point of instructing the jury that the death weapon had nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not the shooting was self-defense. The jury learned that Gary purchased the AC-556 personally and that it was perfectly legal to possess the weapon.
>By the start of trial, the charge had been dropped to second-degree murder, and as the trial collapsed around the prosecutor's ears, he offered a plea to manslaughter, which Gary flatly rejected. At the end, when it was announced that the jury had found Gary Fadden Not Guilty on all counts
That isn't barely acquitted lol, that's a case that had nothing to stand on because the prosecutions big card was that he was carrying a perfectly legal firearm.

Again, show me a case, where a legal weapon was used, that looked scary, which ended up being detrimental to the defendant.

Not guilty on all charges is not a detriment. The only role the firearm played was wasting the prosecutions time he could have spent on a better play.
>>
>>31158844

It's a shoot, but still funny.

Also, trying to convince pineapple niggers that they're anything but fat, lazy welfare recipients is "Kangs"-tier fuckery on Disney's part.
>>
>>31164368
Take that shit to /pol/ tard
>>
>>31164319
True, but it still was detrimental to the defendant because if the weapon was less "scary" he probably wouldn't have even had a trial and wouldn't have lost his job at H&K. The first two prosecutors refused to take his case because they knew it was ridiculous. If a "scary" machine gun wasn't involved no one would have taken the case.
>>
>>31165452
Hawaii is one of the worst states in the country and its mainly because of the indigenous population
>>
>>31165981
>True, but it still was detrimental to the defendant because if the weapon was less "scary" he probably wouldn't have even had a trial and wouldn't have lost his job at H&K
First off, that's subjective, we don't know any of that, it's a homocide, there WILL be an investigation, there almost always will be charges. It's actually quite the opposite, the rarity is NOT being charged when you kill someone, regardless of home or personal defense, it's still killing a human. There were many other circumstances that needed exploration as well, this was not a clear cut case, there was no castle doctrine at play that automagically protects certain aspects of your right to defense.

Everything else you said was speculation as well. What we know actually proves my point, the guy tried to wave the scary gun card, the judge corrected him and ensured the jury was aware of its legality, and the prosecution fell apart.
>>
>>31166180
>subjective
I meant speculation sorry.
>>
File: meta k loss.png (135KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
meta k loss.png
135KB, 601x600px
>>31158844
fucking loss
>>
>>31164198
>>31158844

AR is legal in Hawaii, no magazine restriction. Handguns are legal but no more than 10 rounds a magazine. If buying a gun in Hawaii you need to get a permit, then buy the gun, then register the gun. Also, no carrying in public unless you're the president basically. Your gun can only be in your home, unloaded in a case in your car, or out at a range basically.

Source: Am Hawaii fag.

OP what island? A shotgun or pistol would work for HD sure. Personally though, I went with AR since there's no magazine restriction (since it's a rifle). Then I can use it for HD, and go hog hunting whenever. I didn't want to deal with the whole permit process though, which is why im buying my gun in Idaho then bringing it back with me.
>>
>>31158844
Shark tooth club. You can get them at any abc store
>>
>>31167669
Its an abstract kind of feel.
>>
>>31168276
>which is why im buying my gun in Idaho then bringing it back with me.
You can't buy out of state like that.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.