[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gunshop ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: hsp showroom.jpg (319KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hsp showroom.jpg
319KB, 1280x720px
What are some ideas you would put into a gunshop if you had to open one?

>gunstore with handgun only selection and geared towards conceal carry
>everything from glocks, sigs, s&w's and lesser known and unpopular guns like the steyr m9, p30sk, px4 and so on
>every gun is available for rent at the indoor range
>available holster brands for every gun from brands like g-code, raven concealment and jm custom
>sells wide range of defensive loads along with tritium and fiber optic sights
>flashlights are also sold
>>
File: pig-fence.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pig-fence.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
Pigs. Smart as fuck. Train them like dogs. Keep guns out of muzzies hands.

Get a pet pig for the store as a mascot.
>>
>>31157099
Indoor range and ball pit. Not necessarily different things
>>
>>31157099
Gun shop but mostly tailored to custom builds be it ar, ak, and others. Cerakote jobs and such. Family owned and operated be between me and pops.

Shop speciality is reproduction ww1 and ww2 service bolt action rifles in modern day calibers like a Mosin Nagant in 300blk or a American made svd-40 clone in 5.56/223 and 300 win. Or 337 lapua.

I got a few traditional bowyer friends (longbow makers) that can knock out wood stocks in pretty awesome timing. So there would be custom wood stock options with these reproduction clones.
>>
File: hollowpoint.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hollowpoint.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
indoor range + bar
>>
Anyone ever been Cosmic Bowling? With the blacklights and DJ and shit?

Cosmic Shooting Range.
>>
>>31157099

Do custom engraving and painting
>>
File: 1400858387892.jpg (45KB, 594x383px) Image search: [Google]
1400858387892.jpg
45KB, 594x383px
>>31157595
>>
>>31157099
i am going to the us for the first time and i want to visit a gunshop.

i have no idea whats ok and what isnt.
teach me senpai.
>>
Every gun is plated in precious metals, encrusted with gemstones, and has expensive wood furniture. Cartridges are hand loaded with gold bullets.
>>
File: muhmilitarystories.gif (716KB, 245x187px) Image search: [Google]
muhmilitarystories.gif
716KB, 245x187px
>>31157099

I'd put in Ruger American bolt rifles, RAS47's, Diamondback AR's, Mossberg 500's, and Glocks because that's what 99% of people buy and I will be able to stay in business.

Reply if I just described your local gun shop, because I sure as fuck just described all mine.
>>
A shop with the following

>Good counter staff that is educated and knowledgable
>A real gunsmith (or two) who isn't a chimp with reasonable turnaround times.
>Decent selection of domestic guns and import guns
>Fair pricing, not "ITS SO CHEAP" but fair prices
>Accessories and magazines for sale
>Ammo decently priced

This is a unicorn tho.
>>
Train my employees not to act like paranoid schizophrenics and ramble on about conspiracy theories or the coming revolution.
Train my employees not to act like they have Aspergers and loudly voice their knowledge and opinion on every bit of gun minutia.
Train my employees to treat the customer like a valued guest, and be pleasantly social and friendly, not condescending with a know it all attitude.
Train my employees to be neutral. Don't go on and on about political stuff, about how AR is better than AK or 45 beats 9mm or whether open carry is better than concealed carry.
Owned a gun shop for 15 years. I think for 2 of those years I was able to make sure that those rules were consistently followed. Good help is hard to find at a gun shop.
>>
>>31157838
>>31157595
There was a gun store that I had visited down in Daytona beach Florida called Volusia Top Gun where they had an indoor gun range as well as a bar/restaurant.
>>
>>31158429
And Louisiana still has Drive-Thru liquor stores

guess where people crash their cars a lot
>>
>>31157099
Your store goes out of business in three months, as it cannot capitalize on hunting rifles and shotguns, which are the largest section of the firearms market. Also your lack of sweet milsurp forever labels you a pleb.

>>31157382
Your boondooggle attempt to make repro mosins ends when you discover they will cost 800$ a piece instead of 200$ for the real thing. Your store goes under shortly after due to your hilariously bad ideas.

>>31157595
My gun club has this.

>>31157927
>>31158008
These lads know what is up.
>>
>>31158475
It highly depends on where you are. I'm in a city and my LGS is like 65% handguns, 25% rifles (mostly ARs/AKs) and 10% shotguns. A large chunk of those handguns are for CCW.
>>
>>31157099
Your overhead would be staggering
>>
>>31157099

You want a gun store that only deals with handguns? That sounds dumb as fuck
>>
>>31157099
>sell Glock parts but buy Sigs and CZ for myself :^)
>>
>>31157099
how about a gunshop that actually carries quality accessories instead of bushnell, crapco, fieldline, and UTG bullshit
>>
>>31157972
> fair prices

The fuck are you smoking, son?
>>
>>31157099
ITT: How not to business.
>>
File: Wet dream.png (3MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Wet dream.png
3MB, 1632x1224px
>>31157099
Sell bullets for weight.
>>
>>31157972
Real talk, half the time the turnarounds are so goddamn long is because there's one gunsmith in bumfuck, IL, who worked for the company 30 years ago who is now the only person in existence who fabricates some random part to the old as fuck Browning that was brought in.

Shit, even modern companies only make parts for certain guns every couple years.
>>
File: Earl Sinclair.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Earl Sinclair.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
>>31157595
Guns + Alcohol= A double reason for be visited by ATF.
>>
>>31157832
That would make money
>>
>>31157099
I'd do a combo surplus store/gun shop. I'd have all the classic consumer favorites in stock but with a robust surplus rifle/pistol selection and a heaping of militaria to boot.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 700x465px
>>31158744
Or is just dedicated to quality everything. Accessories, guns, clothing, ammo, etc.

>walk into LGS
>may I help you?
>yes, I have a month long safari booked in Zim and I'll require rifles for each of the Big Five I plan to hunt
>wonderful, please have a seat next to the elephant skull and I'll have my assistant bring us examples of our recommendations while we drink scotch and smoke Cubans.

Pic related.
>>
>>31157595
I thought about making a store when I'm old and retired called "The Other ATF". It sells exactly what you'd expect.
>>
>>31159404
Transmission fluid?
>>
>>31157099
That sounds like brownells
>>
>>31159274
Pretty much this with maybe a small shop to sell oddities of my own design like large bore black powder rifles.
>>
Building custom ars for folks for a bit more profit. There's got to be some people who want one but can't be assed to do it themselves.

Like Chipotle but with AR parts.
>>
>>31159444
"like chipotle but with AR parts"
godspeed
>>
>>31159444
fuck put a chipotle in it as well. i wanna burrito while my AR is fabricated.
>>
>>31157382
The fuck would even be the point of a .300blk mosin
>>
>>31159421
>he doesn't drive a manuél
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.