[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CC and traffic stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 32

File: state trooper.jpg (31KB, 560x346px) Image search: [Google]
state trooper.jpg
31KB, 560x346px
Question for any LE /k/ommandos here;

A few years ago I was driving across Iowa with my wife and 4yo child. A State Trooper was headed the other direction and he turned around and pulled me over.

I handed him my CC permit and my DL, he said he was pulling me over because dark windows. Fair enough, I had just purchased this nice black 06 Yukon on eBay and it came from the south, it had window tint too dark on the front for Iowa and I was pushing my luck.

He looked at my CC permit and asked "do you have a firearm with you or in the vehicle" and I replied "yes it is on my person" and he asked me to get out of the vehicle and go back and sit in the front seat of his cruiser, we sat there for 20 min while my wife and child sat in my vehicle, and the officer asked for my pistol, I handed it to him and he sat there with it in his lap while looking up me and my vehicle.

After a while he let me go with a tint ticket.

Was he in the right to ask for my firearm and hold it during the stop? Why did he ask me to sit in the front seat of his vehicle?
>>
>>31147088
you are alive, quit bitching.
>>
>>31147088
I better give my pistol than get shot
And say this and wait for his approval
>Can I reach for my pistol, and hand it to you?
If he says yes I do it
Stop bitching, he's just keeping you safe from criminal scums
>>
>>31147096
>>31147123
who's bitching
>>
So you can sit in air conditioning, and so he doesnt have to hand it to you in an unsafe manner....
>>
I guess is normal to have to surrender your weapon for the duration of the stop.

is this SOP across the board or do some cops leave you with the weapon or does that never happen
>>
>>31147152
fair enough. thanks guys i just wondered if this was normal to have to surrender your weapon for the duration of the stop. i didnt have any problem with the stop was JW
>>
>>31147088
He let you know what he was doing with your gun (nothing in this case). It's reasonable, better than him taking it with him and messing around with it without you knowing.
>>
>>31147088
Cause you a big boy so you get to sit in the big boy chair.
>>
File: 1471421046571.jpg (189KB, 1200x871px)
1471421046571.jpg
189KB, 1200x871px
>>31147088
>I handed him my CC permit and my DL
I'll never get this...
Every time I've been pulled over I've never once handed them CC permit or even mentioned that I was carrying. Just seems pointless, kind of like how vegetarians will always let you know that they are in fact vegetarians.
Just answer the officers questions, show them you DL/proof of insurance/registration, get your ticket and go on your merry way.
>>
>>31147123
>he's just keeping you safe from criminal scums
Good thing that cop pulled him over for window tinting and disarmed him. If he hadn't those bandits down the road would have gotten OP for sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 1200x800px)
image.jpg
164KB, 1200x800px
>>31147088
>Get stopped for making an "aggressive turn"
>black cop, suburban
>blah blah blah "you have any weapons in the vehicle?"
>no sir
>ok I'm going to let you off with a warning this time
>mfw I had a C93 pistol behind the drivers seat, and a P99 appendix carry
>>
No point unless if you live in a "Shall Notify" state.

If the officer asks if you have a weapon in the car, state you're a legally licensed CCW permit holder and that you have the weapon on you.

If not, then he doesn't need to know.

Same reason why you wouldn't leave a prescription pill bottle out on your seat.
>>
>>31147238
You're joking right? Imagine this
>Tinted window
>New york
>allah akbar singing with aks
>They're passing by cops
>Cops don't see what they're doing inside
>oh wait this is minor offense, don't mind it
>10minutes later
>9/11 happens
>>
I mean, I wouldn't have done that myself. I would have just given you the ticket I had originally stopped you to give you. If I felt the need to have your gun in plain view I would have just had you step out of the car, asked where it was, and taken it off you so we could finish out conversation.

What he did seems like a bit of overkill for something simple. But it's not like what he did was wrong. It was just the very most careful thing he could have done. And you know, State Troopers probably do have every right to be that paranoid and careful. I mean, you guys were probably out in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>31147307
nice bait, 2/10
>>
File: ia.jpg (54KB, 752x325px)
ia.jpg
54KB, 752x325px
I dont know if this was the law at the time of my traffic stop but now it is pic related

I had read that you were obliged to hand your CC permit and your DL at the same time, was reading Massad Ayoob's bloggerino

but if I dont have to hand over permit unless asked, then I'll not provide it unless asked if i ever get pulled over again
http://concealednation.org/2015/07/do-you-have-a-duty-to-inform-when-carrying-concealed-we-look-at-all-50-states-for-the-answers/
>>
>>31147229
Some states require it. In some of those states, failing to do so (and getting caught, which you will because they link it in the database to your DL/vehicle registration/licence plate) is a felony.

>>31147088
He was in the right to secure the pistol. If he felt it was necessary to have you unass your vehicle in order to secure it, he can do that (though it's goofy).

As to why he had you go sit in the cop car, fuck if I know. I mean, he *can*, but it's bad practice and just kinda dumb over all.
>cops in my area are highly encouraged to have all traffic stops 100% visible on dash cam, and failing to do so opens them up to accusations of wrongdoing both internally and externally, and if some shit did go down the dept. will throw that officer under the bus if they don't have dashcam footage.
>>
>>31147307
I take it you don't live anywhere hot.
>>
>>31147307
Image this
>your sitting in your room
>browsing the Internet
>police kick down your door and shoot your dog
>ask why the fine upstanding police are arresting you
>you were sitting in your chair in a manner that blocked the government camera outside your house from seeing your screen
>you could have been selling AKs online to terrorists
>get your shit pushed in for 20 years
>>
>>31147307
The easier solution is to kick all the muzzies out of the country and enforce border security. Then we can have safety without orwellian horseshit.
>>
File: 1464573503624.png (78KB, 1021x746px)
1464573503624.png
78KB, 1021x746px
>>31147088
I think that's normal. Happened to me in AZ too. As long as you grip the hell out of your steering wheel and are totally compliant (inb4 HURR AM I BEIN DETAINED) you will typically not have douchey behavior. here's basically what happened to me.
>use hov lane to pass the slowest faggot on earth
>notice an under cover cruiser, a not undercover cruiser, and a DoT SUV
>fug
>pulled over
>"do you have any drugs or weapons"
>white knuckling wheel "yes, my ccw"
>visible confusion (I'm quite young looking) "You do? Where?"
>tell him IWB
>asks me to show it
>tell him I have to remove my seatbelt
>slowly remove belt, lift coat (winter), show carry
>asks for it while holding his carry
>slowly unclip holster and place it on passenger seat
>takes it, and my papers, goes back to his cruiser, writes my shit down
>visibly younger partner comes over, telling me I can't do that pass
>gives me a warning, and my carry, and tells me to speed up in the shoulder before merging
>thank him
>put all my shit back on
>mess up merging
>spaghetti, but thanking God it was only a warning
I'm glad I live in a city with not-shit cops
>>
>>31147458
>get pull over
>"do you have weapon or drugs"
>"yes"
>stare straight ahead
>"sir please step out of the car"
>"oh shit sorry officer here ill show you" reach real fast to the glove compartment
>get shot 10 times

bummer
>>
>>31147544
b-but it was because he was black! clearly racism! gonna loot wig shops to fight the oppression!
>>
>>31147088
I don't know about your state but in Washington you don't have to surrender your weapon or even tell the cop you have a gun until he asks.

When I've been pulled over I've always handed him my CPL as a courtesy. They just ask me to keep my hands on the wheel while they're next to my window.

If you show respect you'll get it back 99 times out of 100. At least in my neck of the woods.
>>
>>31147088

why the fuck do you nerds tell cops u have a gun
>>
>>31147458
>As long as you grip the hell out of your steering wheel
Alternately press your palms into the steering wheel and splay your fingers so they can see there's no possible way you're holding anything. That's what I typically do even if I'm not carrying when I get pulled over in case I get a twitchy fucktard having a bad day.
>fucking Chicago
>>
Iowa is an "if asked" state when you're CC:

"724.5 DUTY TO CARRY PERMIT TO CARRY WEAPONS.
A person armed with a revolver, pistol, or pocket billy concealed upon the person shall have in the person’s immediate possession the permit provided for in section 724.4...and shall produce the permit for inspection at the request of a peace officer. Failure to so produce a permit is a simple misdemeanor."

He may not have bothered to ask if you hadn't handed him your permit up front; I wouldn't have clued him in and would have only handed him the permit "if asked."
Cops are generally allowed to separate you from your firearm or your vehicle when "officer safety" becomes implicated (i.e. whenever a court could say those were "reasonable precautions," doesn't take much.)
The law is more friendly in states like FL, where there is no duty to inform if you're carrying it "concealed and encased" in the vehicle (e.g. the glove box/console, for which no permit is necessary), you only have to inform if it's on your person AND you're asked. If it's in the console and you are asked, you have no duty to inform, and can either not answer, ask if you're free to go, just say "no," or provide your CC permit and location of the weapon if you choose.
In most counties in FL, showing the permit up front can set the officer's mind at ease that he isn't dealing with a felon and you're someone who does things according to law. I've even had them smile and say "no problem, I won't reach for mine if you don't reach for yours, okay?"
Forget it if you're in a liberal city like Orlando or Miami, in which case you want to hide the fact you have a gun or a license for as long as you can. The second the officer knows you have one, they rarely give a shit about whether it's legally carried; they WILL draw down on you, order you out of the vehicle, generally overreact, and detain you as long as possible. I suspect they go home and tell the wife/kids the story of today's "close call" fpr hero points.
>>
>>31147088
Because in training he gets shown videos of cops pulling people over in routine stops and getting shot down
Sometimes they might just be cunts, but i'm sure he's just worried, a routine stop could be his last if the person has a screw loose
>>
File: traffic stop.webm (2MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
traffic stop.webm
2MB, 720x576px
>>31147698
Yeah man it's kill or be killed when you're a cop. LEOs can afford to take no chances.
>>
>>31147646
Chicago isn't the only place with twitchy fucktards.
I've had routine traffic stops go three basic ways:
1) Officer gives or doesn't give ticket, then almost as an afterthought asks "do you have any drugs or guns in the vehicle?" His next question will invariably be whether I mind if he searches. I hate this, because if they ask everyone this question, they are making a connection between drugs and guns as things "bad people" carry around. I'm well within my rights to say no, unless I'm carrying on my person. Since it's in my console, I say no and when he asks to search I just ask if I'm free to go and then leave.
2) Officer doesn't ask, I don't say anything, everyone is happy.
3) Officer (usually State Trooper) approaches every basic traffic stop with gun drawn and held at low ready position, starts asking about ID/registration/firearms/drugs almost in one sentence. I keep hands on the steering wheel and say that I have a lawfully carried firearm and identify where my ID and the firearm is located; I get ordered out of the vehicle and treated like I just shot up an elementary school. Officer fingerfucks my weapon, removes the mag, clears it, takes it back to his vehicle, and has me put hands on his hood for 20 minutes while he checks the serial number of the gun and sits in his air conditioned car. Then places the gun in my trunk and tells me not to touch or load it until after he is gone.
Scenario 3 has only happened to me in Orlando, the Commiefornia city of Florida.
>>
>>31147711

Drunk guy lead the officer on a high speed chase, killing his wife.

Officer fucktard was dumb, but the guy was way dumber and got what he deserved.
>>
>>31147339
came here to post this. thanks anon
>>
>>31147711
context?
>>
>>31147458
>>use hov lane to pass the slowest faggot on earth
>AZ
Let me guess, Michoacan plates? I-10 between NM and Phx is full of Mexicans going under the limit in the passing lane.
>>
>>31147793
>got what he deserved

What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>31147614
Do you have a source on that RCW just curious
>>
>>31147088
>Why did he ask me to sit in the front seat of his vehicle?
Because he trusted you enough not to cuff you and stick you in the back seat
>>
>>31147927

What the hell is wrong with you?

A drunk guy rampaged though the streets, trying to avoid the law, killing his wife, thus having no problem killing anyone else.

Yeah, i have ZERO problem with him catching a bullet.

>>31147893
Officer """"accidentally"""" discharged his gun into a dumbass.
>>
>>31147909
it was on the 101 SB and I forgot who, but I wouldn't put it past someone from out of state, damned snowbirds.
>>
>>31147944

That's literally not even close to what happened, and also we have the rule of law. Go move to Brazil if you want justice at the barrel of a gun, this is America, and we try to have some semblance of the rule of law.
>>
>>31147983
unless the criminal is armed and dangerous
>>
>>31147711
Damn, where is that from? It looks like a straight-up execution.
I don't see a gun in the guy's hand on video, but if there was, that would likely justify the shooting.
Otherwise, even if the officer saw a gun earlier (I'm assuming there was a chase since the guy is crawling out of a wrecked vehicle) it's still outside the realm of reasonable for him to shoot while the guy is exiting the vehicle if he isn't displaying that weapon.
I'd be interested to know whether there is in fact a pistol in his hand or not.
>>
File: american police.webm (2MB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
american police.webm
2MB, 636x360px
>>31147793
prove it :^)
>>
>>31148063

the suspect in that clip was obviously dazed and simply trying to exit the vehicle. and the way the cop didn't magdump him shows that he didn't feel in danger, he just wanted to kill the guy.
>>
>>31147983
>That's literally not even close to what happened

That is PERCICELY what happened.

He was drunk

He was driving fucking recklessly as shit

He killed his wife by his reckless driving.

>and also we have the rule of law.

clear and present danger to me!

> this is America, and we try to have some semblance of the rule of law.

Nah, ill stay right here, thank you very much.
>>
File: police.webm (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
police.webm
3MB, 320x180px
>>31147983
>and also we have the rule of law.
Exactly we have police :)
>>
>>31147195
yes this is def normal, and you should have been taught this is CC school.
>>
>>31147195
It's not normal at all.

Shall Not Be Infringed.
>>
>>31148164

moar
>>
>>31148164
>gun drawn in the car, pointing it out the window
Is he literally doing a driveby?
>>
>>31148426
God I'm so fucking hard now
>>
>>31148735

this is the paul o'neal shooting in chicago

>>31148800

take it easy sheriff clarke
>>
>>31147088
Cops hate, absolutely hate the 2nd amendment and believe they are the only ones that should be allowed to own and carry firearms.

Dont belive the lies when they say hurr you nigger huurrr if it werent for the cops, who would write a report about how jamal stole everything of value in your house hurr dont fight back just let it happen.

Cops hate the 1st, ignore the 3rd and 4th and abuse you for exercising the 5th amendment. What makes you think the like the 2nd and will not take your guns and everything else after you are defenseless or have no right to defend yourself with firearms?
>>
>>31148971

>Be 19, living with parents at the time.
>Burglary while I was home.
>Jamal runs away when he realizes house isn't empty.
>Call cops.
>Cop shows up, Jamal long gone.
>Asks me if I'm okay, talks to me about self defense and home defense.
>Tell him I carry pepper spray.
>"Pepper spray won't be enough for situations like this. This is the best defense you could have right here."
>Pats his holstered Glock.
>He encourages me to learn to shoot and concealed carry.

>Couple years later.
>Going somewhere with my boyfriend, both of us concealed carrying.
>Cop pulls us over because tail light is out.
>Notify him we are both armed.
>Confiscates firearms temporarily.
>Let's boyfriend off with a warning and just tells him to get it fixed.
>Returns our guns and thanks us for exercising our second amendment rights.

I don't know what the cops are like where you are, but here in Washington, the government may keep pushing liberal, anti-gun legislation, but the cops always seem pretty enthusiastic about carrying.
>>
>>31147088
>Be riding my bicycle to work one day
>car is dead, cracked head gasket or something.
>stop at the one stop sign I see on the route because I live less than a mile from my place of work
>look like dapper chap from newsies (Disney movie) because haha personal assistant
>get flagged by a unmarked car and he lights up the siren
>stop peddling and get on curb cop gets out after a minute
>asks for id which I give him and tell him I have a gun in a shoulder rig under my dress vest
>believes I pulled a rolling stop because he didn't see the school bus drive wave for me to go from his pov
>explain my side shortly keeping myself still like a statue, no quick movements
>tip fedora.jpg
>seriously a personal assistant/ security for big time local millionaire
>wave at Bossman as he drives by laughing at me
>half the towns cops show up as the officer comes back. Says the cops showed up for his protection
>raiseeyebrow.gif
>ask about how suspect I look as a late 20 y/o in dress cloths and carry a gun could be threatening
>cop shrugs should hands me my id back and a ticket for rolling stop.
>bite my tongue as cops pull off and go away.
>fly out of town with Bossman and his family for a week and get back
>track down the bus driver who remembers me,also had driving camera that showed I stopped and him waving me through
>get copy contest in court and winrar
>make friends with local pd and now have range buds
>double winrar
>>
>>31149504
>Going somewhere with my boyfriend

Stopped reading there, you degenerate faggot.
>>
>>31149605
what makes you sure the person you are replying to is male?
>>
>>31148494
STUPIDS GET OUT
>>
LEO here, when I check your reg through LEADS, it will tell me if you have a CCW, and at that point I don't really care, as long as you don't go reaching for it, we're square. Odds are, you're getting a verbal warning anyways. I would never ticket for something as stupid as window tint violation. The trooper should have told you to sit tight, and keep your hands on steering wheel for the duration of the stop, no idea why he got you out of the car and asked for the firearm, jesus what a cluster fuck.
>>
I love how cops are so paranoid that when they run across someone who has gone through the hassle and work to get a legal concealed carry permit they assume the person might kill them over a petty fine. Persecution complex much?

CCW holders are the most law-abiding people in the states. If you're so afraid of those who are legally authorized to carry (but without the protections, immunity, and privilege to avoid consequences if they use their gun incorrectly) then maybe you're too much of a scaredy cat to be a cop. Quit the force and be a crossing guard instead.
>>
>>31148164
Goddamnit CPD, watch the crossfire...
>>
>>31149685>>31149685
>no idea why he got you out of the car and asked for the firearm, jesus what a cluster fuck.

i wondered about that too. seems like the cop in OPs story already had him in a submissive position. why would he risk having OP get out of the car and be in a more ready fighting position. and why would he think OP was magically safe and vetted because he disclosed one gun he had. and why would the cop think OP reaching for his gun and handing it over was a safe way to handle the situation? it was retarded all around for a dozen reasons, whether he trusted OP or not.
>>
>>31149638
>4chan
>/k/
>not a dude
ok lol
>>
>>31149708
See >>31149685
>>
>>31147088
Copfag here.

Whenever someone tells me they have a ccw or pistol in their vehicle/on them, I always just tell them that as long as their gun stays where it's at, mine will stay where mine's at.

Never had a problem so far.

Sometimes, if I see a ccw in their wallet when they go for their ID, I'll ask if they have it on them, what kind, etc., just for the sake of small talk to put them at ease.

Far too often though, the answer is "oh, i don't carry it." I typically remind them of the dangers of not having one when I'm done with the traffic stop.

If they do have one, I thank them for exercising their 2a rights.

I actually prefer it when I pull over ccw holders, cause they're always polite and honest. Never written one a ticket because of their honesty.
>>
Be me
>Driving back from disneyland in CA
> Spent Christmas there
>Driving to south tx
>Get pulled over in sanderson,tx
>Have my 92fs in Holster under steering wheel
>Get stopped by sheriff
> I hand him my DL and CHL
>He ask where it is so I tell him.
> Asks me to step outside
>Standing out in the freezing weather for 30 min
> He has my gun on him the whole time
>Gives me a ticket for going 5 miles over
>Ask about my gun and he says it's back in the holster
> He emptied my mag in the cup holder and told me not to reload it until he was gone

It pissed me off so much. But I knew not to cause a scene with a pussy cop and my family in the vehicle.
>>
>>31149875
what would have been satisfying is to tell him to not worry about it because you have another loaded magazine in your car or on your person. but yeah it's best not to piss off power tripping cops
>>
>>31149870
>"oh, i don't carry it."
a lot of people might say that politely because they are trying to de-escalate the situation. they dont assume all cops are gun friendly people and dont want a cop to think they are are fringe radical paranoid gun owners that leftist media portrays . intelligent and honest people are just trying to de-escalate the situation and put the cop at ease and get through the traffic stop without getting shot
>>
>>31149875
wow what a faggot. cops should learn to fear the people who arent honest and law abiding instead of criminalizing the good guys. there is no legal backing for what he did. i dont understand why they think its acceptable to remove your gun from you or unload empty your magazines
>>
File: PInB4eM.jpg (32KB, 396x382px)
PInB4eM.jpg
32KB, 396x382px
>>31149605
>>31149728

Virgin nofunz armchair general detected.
>>
>>31149875
What a dick. I hope he didn't scratch it.
>>
>>31147182
>rear end lady because she had to slam her brakes cause fucktarded kids just waltz out in front of her.
>get out and talk to driver
>elderly passenger may be hurt.
>call police
>police arrive
>"Officer, I am carrying a concealed firearm under the October 15th constitutional carry law. It is inside my waistband at the 5 o clock position, how would you like to proceed?"
>Officer: gives me a weird room "Don't take it out?"
>officer hands me off to another patrolman as he handles the other car, informs other officer I'm carrying.
>new officer asks for id, insurance and registration.
>"officer, my insurance and registration are in my coat pocket, but my license is in my wallet, underneath my firearm. For both of our safety, I would prefer if you retrived my wallet.
>officer: "uh...okay" grasps my right wrist and holds my right arm out, takes out my wallet.
>officer: "hey, that's a nice pistol, what is it? I like the two tone color scheme." (s&w mp9c FDE)
>cue fifteen minute convo about my firearm.
>gets statement.
>frame of car is fucked.
>cops say I'm free to go.

And that's been pretty much every interaction I've had. No one here gives a fuck.
>>
>>31150149
They were giving you a weird room due to your crippling autism anon.

A little tisim goes a long way when dealing with police and CCWing, but you went full tisim.

Never go full tisim.
>>
>>31149958
I can see your reasoning behind thinking that, but literally every time I've heard that it was a woman, and most often followed by "my husband said I should carry one" or "it makes my purse too heavy."

I had one time where I actually helped someone by unloading their gun and putting their ammo in the glove box.

>pull woman over for failure to maintain lane (all over the fucking road)
>figure she's drunk
>talk to her, turns out she's just putting on makeup
>she's a total fucking bimbo, no clue about anything
>ask for her DL
>she opens purse, revealing a charter arms .38 just laying there, no holster, nothing.
>I ask her to stop as she tries to reach in her purse
>she gives me her purse, I remove the .38, which is covered in exploded makeup and melted candy
>realize her purse smells faintly of gunpowder.
>see bullet hole in her purse in the bottom corner
>check chamber, 2 empty casings
>ask her when the last time she shot it was
>never shot a gun, her husband gave it to her
>ask about the bullet hole.
>she says something about there being a loud noise, then, with a look of realization on her face, says she thinks the gun might have gone off
>she starts freaking out, about the hole in her purse, not the fact that she ND'd cause she's a fucking retard
>go back to my patrol car, give her a ticket for being a retard, scrape the candy off the cylinder release, remove whatever ammo was left along with the cases
>put the gun in the glove box, the ammo in her trunk, and tell her to make her husband get it from the vehicle when she gets home.
>>
>>31150480
the-wha-how on earth does someone ND twice without hurting anyone & manage to remain oblivious through the whole thing? She didn't even notice the smell of gunpowder FFS
>>
File: 1470938174035.jpg (17KB, 207x253px)
1470938174035.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>31148971
>Cops hate, absolutely hate the 2nd amendment
>>
>>31147088
Just think, if you were a police officer, would you want somebody who you don't know armed while you're doing your stop?
>>
>>31150480
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>why did he ask me to sit in his vehicle
Your wife and childs safety in a potential oh shit situation.
>>
>>31147307
How many serious crimes have been averted by enforcing pointless menial shit like window tint regulations? If you seriously think they are useful you need your head examined. You're one of these classic "it's for your own good" types. If you were a jew in pre war nazi Germany youd probably be saying "oh they need to take our guns off us so that the bad Jews don't shoot any body! These stars on our chests help them keep us safe!"

Fucking bootlicker coward
>>
>>31148971
Man, it must be painful being that full of shit, may I suggest exlax to help alleviate? Ps, you should keep your mouth closed until the laxative takes effect, it seems everytime you open it, shit comes out.
>>
>>31147088
>Cop only asks for driver licence and registration.
>You give him your CCL

You are dumb. So so dumb.
>>
>>31147238
Yeah. This exactly.
I hate when cops get shot doing their job. To be completely honest, I hate it a tiny bit less when they pulled the guy over for a window tint violation or going 5 mph over the limit and get shot. Would be nice if cops exercised a little discretion about what things they're even going to spend time pursuing.
Beyond a point, it becomes obvious the only reason they ever make a stop is because they're hoping to latch on to a live one - someone with a warrant or drugs or something. So... if they do, and get more than they bargain for, c'est la vie.
I would suck at being a cop. "Yeah, that guy's tint looks a little too dark, that guy's tag light is a little dim, and that guy pulled a rolling stop at an empty intersection. But fuck it, I'm waiting for the dude doing 90 in a 55 or weaving like a motherfucker. My ass ain't getting shot to save the world from shit no one cares about anyway."
>>
>>31147698
Yeah. People don't get this.
It literally is like sending me off to the grocery store after watching The Walking Dead.
I feel like a success just for NOT carrying a week's worth of ammo/two backup firearms/a baseball bat, buying 47 cans of Spam, and shooting the scruffy homeless person with a limp on the way out.
As ye are influenced, so shall ye react.
>>
>>31151402
I Kek'd audibly
>>
>>31151174
You got anything against jews? Fuck off
And rules and laws exist for a reason
Imagine everyone gets their winodow tinted, it would be shit
>>
File: irony.jpg (54KB, 490x462px)
irony.jpg
54KB, 490x462px
>>31147434
>The easier solution is to kick all the muzzies out of the country and enforce border security. Then we can have safety without orwellian horseshit.
>kick all the muzzies out of the country
>Then we can have safety without orwellian horseshit.
>without orwellian horseshit.
>>
>>31147088

Why you asking for advice for some thing that happen a few yrs ago? A shit ton of things can change during a few yrs...laws, opinions, the bull who fucks your wife. All changes. Be better for asking back then and not now.

Just be happy it went the way it went.
>>
>>31150184
It depends where you are. In some parts of the USA he was being a sperg, in others he would have been shot by a jumpy cop if he acted otherwise.
>>
>>31151566

Orwellian implies more of an ongoing thing rather than one or two major incidents. I'm glad you think that any sort of policies you happen to disagree with are Orwellian, though.
>>
>>31151683
>Has never read anything by George Orwell
>>
File: 037.jpg (322KB, 1020x701px) Image search: [Google]
037.jpg
322KB, 1020x701px
>>31147434
get out
>>
>>31147088
>officer asks for drivers liscence and registration
"well hey officer i have this concealed weapon permit on me that states i'm proficient in the use of a pistol for self defense. also the gun is currently on my person where you can't see it"

cop didnt handle it properly but why the FUCK would you ever give him any reason to think youre armed without him asking you directly
>>
>>31147229
You have to let them know there's a gun in the car.
And it's usually within the first set of questions the officer asks when approaching your door.
>>
>>31151760
You first Paco
>>
>>31151731

Islam is not a religion worth saving fuck em kick them all out.
>>
>>31149870
We need more like you.
Unfortunately, when you pull me over (likely because I did something admittedly stupid) I have no idea whether you are the type who will be calm and reasonable, or flip out and act like people with guns, even legally carried, are all lumped together in a group that wants to turn your kids into orphans.
Believe me, I have seen both.
In my area, the county sheriff's office deputies are laid back and respectful about 2A rights and if you treat them with respect and common sense, you'll get the same. The local police department, however, has actually drawn a gun and pointed it at me twice when I identified myself (when asked about guns) as a CCP holder, ordered me out of the vehicle and treated it like a bomb threat, and gave me back my firearm partially disassembled after flicking all my rounds out of the mag into my trunk. EXACT same scenario, both times, as if it was part of their training.
I know it isn't me that's doing anything to set off their radar. I have no criminal record, I stay calm and keep my hands on the wheel, and I follow directions.
By the way, I'm 39 years old. Every time I have ever been pulled over since age 18, it was because of window tint. I have a medical exemption, but there's no way for them to know that, so I hand them my exemption card with my license and registration. The rest is on them. I haven't even had a traffic ticket in my entire life.
>>
>>31151637
>>31150184
>>31150149

>"I would prefer if you retrieved my wallet."
>Crippling tism and not sure if he wanted a cop to give him a handie j.

>>31150480
You're a good man anon

>>31148971
>Being this autistic
You probably think the US Military will follow confiscation orders and enact martial law.
>>
>>31151966
>You probably think the US Military will follow confiscation orders and enact martial law.
Obviously not. The military actually believe in the constitution.

Cops, on the other hand...
>>
>window tint

I had to sit for three fucking hours because I left like 1/4in on the driver side window of my new pickup and this fucking rookie though he'd DEFINITELY just stopped a drug runner and made a major bust.
>>
>>31147096
Tough love, but that's bootlicker-grade commentary, m8.
>>
>>31149504
>>31149605

Its obviously a chick you spergtastic moron.

>>31149708
I don't know any cops the post.

>>31151208

>>31151174
Dude chill we all know they're about raising tax revenue.

>>31151263
I give cops everything: cac, license, ccw registration, insurance. It's easier and they always give me a warning.
>>
>>31152017

You do know federal laws are enforced by federal forces right?

Unless you're saying a state would pass a confiscation order which would then be issued by the states national guard.

Oh wait. You mean that force thats all us army on a state level.
>>
>>31147088
While technically, it is a 'questionable' seizure of a weapon, the atmosphere under which officers do it is what I'd consider a 'reasonable meta'. Now being aggressive, rough, or disassembling the firearm simply because you have it on you is something I'd consider poor form, it's all technically covered under "keeping the officer safe" during the arrest procedure.

I don't like it, but then they don't like random shitheads pulling on them when they decide to be trusting, so... yeah- it's a difficult subject on all sides.
>>
>>31147229
While CCing, most states have a legal requirement to inform, you don't have to inform them if you're transporting though, but if the pistol is outside the conditions for transportation, you're inside the conditions for CC.
>>
>>31149875
>>Gives me a ticket for going 5 miles over
>>
>>31149605
>>>/pol/

Fuck off
>>
>>31149638

>what makes you sure the person you are replying to is male?

I can be anything you want big boy ;^)
>>
>>31147229
Many states require that you inform the officer of your carry status you ignorant fuckwad. Yes, I agree a lot of problems could be avoided if nobody has to know. how it should be.
>>
>>31150480

Jesus christ how are people like this still alive
>>
>>31150480
"now that you mention it, there was a loud noise from my purse"

kek. i used to get shitty with women when they would say shit like that because it seemed like they were lying... but often they are simply this ignorant
>>
File: 1199673730664.png (169KB, 320x320px)
1199673730664.png
169KB, 320x320px
>>31147088
>>31147458
>Phoenix AZ, ass crack of dawn on my way to work
>merging onto freeway that was bumper to bumper cars
>speed ahead of rolling parking lot and merge(had to go 75 in a 65 to merge in)
>see highway patrol break free of pack of cars and light me up
>pull over, roll down passenger/driver windows and hands at 10:2
>officer peeks in passenger window and asks if i know why i was pulled over
>me: explain the mess of cars when trying to merge
>officer: license and reg, and any weapons in the car?
>me: i have a ccw and there is a pistol in the center console
>officer: pistol stays in there and we wont have a problem, is that clear?
>me: yes sir
>10 min later officer brings back license/reg and hands them back
>officer: giving you verbal warning because of the idiots that refuse to pass me even if i go 5 under the speed limit. have a nice day.
>15 min late to work but overall pleasant experience with the officer.

>MFW highway patrol trolling motorists
>>
>On my way home from friends house after range trip
>AR, 12ga, and 2 pistol cases sitting loose on back seat
>AR with empty mag in, but bolt forward and dust cover closed
>State Police pulls me over for a dirty front license plate cover
>He can clearly see all weapons in the back seat
>Doesn't ask about any of them.
>Doesn't ask me to get out of the vehicle.
>Informs me front license plate covers are illegal in my state, and that I should remove it when I get where I'm going.

I wonder what its like living in shit states
>>
>>31147229

usually theyll ask if there are any weapons in the car in which case then you have to say yes if there are.

so to get the bullshit out of the way i just hand it over at the same time as everything else. literally all 3 times its happened they just ask me where and tell me to keep my hands on the wheel.
>>
File: Waingro gets 404'd.gif (1MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
Waingro gets 404'd.gif
1MB, 500x210px
>>31150184
This. Glad I wasn't the only one getting that vibe from that anon.
>>
>>31147618
They can look it up on your licence plate in some states telling them lets them know your not hiding one to sneak attack him.
>>
officer I have a concealed weapon on my person at 3'o clock. how would you like me to proceed.

boom done.
>>
>>31147088
>Was he in the right to ask for my firearm and hold it during the stop?

Yes. The officer took what he felt was a necessary precaution for his safety during the contact (ie control any weapons that might be present).

You were not free to leave; you were detained during the stop. The officer probably wanted to control you during the contact, but based on your demeanor he did not feel it necessary to place you in handcuffs or put you in the back of the vehicle. Additionally, allowing you to maintain visual contact with your property while in his control was a gesture of respect.

tl'dr
You didn't get shot or treated like a criminal because you stfu and complied with a police officer's lawful orders.
>>
>>31147088
Yes if he had to something and could not have his eye on you constantly it's not unreasonable.

Why did he ask me to sit in the front seat of his vehicle?
Sounds like he was being polite. Didn't run off with your property, offered you a spot to sit while you waited.
>>
>>31152017
Yeah but the military does not pick its missions out. They cant refuse to follow orders. Sure they could, but the officers would lose their commission and pay, same for enlisted but they'll get put in federal pound me in the ass prison.

Cops wont want to lose their pay or special status and hate armed citizens. Anyone can shoot a cop and end his career or life. They want to be the only armed ones.
>>
>>31147931
>>>31147088 (OP)
>>Why did he ask me to sit in the front seat of his vehicle?
>Because he trusted you enough not to cuff you and stick you in the back seat
Bullshit. It was an intimidation technique to put stress on him to try and coax out any revealing information.
>>
>>31152429
I remember this power rangers movie. pretty kickass.
>>
File: kermit slap.jpg (22KB, 272x285px)
kermit slap.jpg
22KB, 272x285px
>>31147253
>C93
NIGGAH WHAT
YOU DON'T ROLL AROUND WITH A FUCKING FRAGILE $5K+ PISTOL IN YOUR CAR
>>
>>31148164
almost killed his co-worker
>>
>>31150480
lol, probably a lipstick tube in the trigger guard
>>
File: 1369886537823.jpg (103KB, 600x538px)
1369886537823.jpg
103KB, 600x538px
>>31147458

Funny I haven't had a cop take my piece yet.

>Tempefag, driving on baseline
>Plates are expired because I'm too lazy to go to DMV
>Get pulled over
>Fuck
>Cop approaches window, "license, registration, and insurance."
>gibs
>"know why I pulled you over blah blah"
>"Yes sir blah blah blah"
>Do you have any weapons on you?
>Yes sir I have a sig P226 holstered
>Could you do me a favor and keep your hands on the steering wheel?
>Yes sir
>That's a nice pistol btw
>Thank you sir
>a few minutes later "I'm going to let you off with a warning this time, get that fixed ASAP"
>Will do. Thank you sir.
>Drive home
>Post on 4chan how all cops are goose stepping nazis taking away all our freedoms and the happening is soon
>>
>>31149875

...Wait you fucking carried from CA?
>>
>>31147088
>Was he in the right to ask for my firearm and hold it during the stop? Why did he ask me to sit in the front seat of his vehicle?

Yes. It is a common LE procedure if you are carrying.

A CC permit does not necessarily mean a motorist is going to not behave irrationally after being stopped and receiving bad news about their vehicle or if you have a warrant. Disarming is for your safety and his.
>>
>>31150699
A cop might not "like" that I'm armed when I'm in line behind him at the donut shop, or that anyone is armed ever, especially if he views armed citizens in general as a bad thing. That isn't the point. I have a right to be armed, and in most situations neither a cop nor mall security nor a soccer mom at the grocery store even has a right to know that I am or to do anything about it.
When a citizen has identified himself as being armed AND shown his CC permit AND identified the location of the firearm for the cop AND is obviously keeping his hands visible and on the steering wheel, that isn't the guy the cop needs to worry about. Cop should have some respect that the citizen is acting lawfully and is being respectful of the officer's safety.
A cop who overreacts in those circumstances is a power tripping drama queen coward who is more likely to end up shooting someone.
Bad cop: freaks out, gets shitty about how your gun ownership is a threat to his safety, and disassembles, unloads, or even fucking touches your firearm.
Good cop: calmly advises you how to proceed, tells you not to reach toward wherever the firearm is located, does his business and sends you on your merry way with or without a ticket.
>>
>get pulled over into drunk driver checkpoint on way home from beach
>cop starts asking questions etc
>don't say anything except what is required
>am i under arrest
>am i being detained
>am i free to go
>cop tries to put words in my mouth
>cop talks shit and makes assumptions to get me to say something stupid
>don't say shit
>get my keys and I'm on my way

fuck da police
>>
>>31157253
Most of CA is basically shall issue.
And a CCL from San Bernardino is of course still a CA CCL.

Hence, you can carry in LA.
>>
I'm not comfortable with how intolerant I've become of cops with even the slightest off kilter personalities.

Am I wrong in this train of thought?

Good cops, I.e well behaved, not balltrippin' LEOs are awesome and all.

But one bad cop can be a fucking end of days, and sets my shit rank for fucking months on end.
>>
File: police cop.jpg (44KB, 570x513px) Image search: [Google]
police cop.jpg
44KB, 570x513px
>>31147352
>Some states require it. In some of those states, failing to do so (and getting caught, which you will because they link it in the database to your DL/vehicle registration/licence plate) is a felony.

Every state's concealed weapon license is linked to the driver's license and license plate and this info is available to cops nation wide, so even if that particular state's regulations have no "duty to inform", there is no reason not to tell the cop you've got a CPL and gun.

The cops already know when they pull you over that you've got a CPL, so being up-front about it could save you additional hassle and prevent that 5 mph over ticket from become a 25 mph over + reckless driving, if the cop is in a dickish mood.
>>
>>31150699
What does it matter what the cop "likes" if you're not a criminal.
Would he "like" women to get their Tits out for him? Almost certainly but there's no compulsion to appease a cop as law abiding citizen.

If you are carrying legally, know the gun laws that relate to your location and aren't needlessly abrasive 99% of the time you're fine.
>>
>>31147088
The answer is simple, he had no right to demand you leave your vehicle, not to hand over your firearm.
He made a request, you complied of your free will.

You could have politely refused and stated I wish to remain with my family in this vehicle while you investigate.
As for the gun, if a cop is nervous say, you'lol not hand it over unless under arrest, but offer to remove the Mag and clear the chamber if he's visually nervous.

Shows you know your rights but are more than willing to Co-operate
>>
>>31147434
>The easier solution is to kick all the muzzies out of the country
Go to bed Donald, you've got an election to lose.
>>
>>31147618
Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.
>>
>>31157409
Yeah, I had a struggle with my thoughts on this after a weird situation last year.
I get pulled over because I had no brake lights. This was during the day, rural road, but still an acceptable reason to get pulled over. I actually thanked the cop and apologized, said I had no idea (how would I? It isn't like headlights where you could readily detect that yourself.) Anyway, next gas station is at the intersection about a half mile up, I'm with my wife and kids and so I tell the cop I can stop in there and get new bulbs and swap them out right away. Cop smirks and says "you aren't driving anywhere without brake lights, you're going to have to get someone to come pick you up or I can call for a tow." I can't tell at first if he's joking. He isn't. I ask if he could follow me down there to verify I'm going to change them right away. He says no, I can't operate the vehicle at all until they're fixed. I tell him okay, I can call my friend who lives about 30 minutes away and have him bring a couple of bulbs. Cop says he isn't waiting around for that and he can have a tow truck here in ten minutes, and "you can deal with whoever gets here first." I remind him my wife and kids are in the car and a tow truck doesn't help me get them anywhere. He says "then you all can wait here for your friend to give you a ride to the tow yard." So, for the first time ever in my life, I talked back to a cop. I told him he could call his tow truck, but they weren't going to tow my vehicle because it wasn't unattended and I was parked safely off the road, and I'd wait on my friend. He wrote me a ticket for $150 for unsafe equipment and said to wait inside my vehicle, the tow truck was on the way. He left. I called my friend, he brought bulbs, cop drove by twice in the meantime, no other traffic. While I was swapping out the bulbs, he pulled up behind us and sat there watching until we pulled away.
What a jerk. I definitely have less respect for cops in general now.
>>
>>31157506
He's right though.
>>
>>31151841
let's say the cop asks you to step out of your car, you haven't informed him of the gun and still don't, and while you are stepping out the cop sees the holster, what do you figure happens now?
>>
>>31157468
>>31147352
Copfag here again.

While that data on ccw/ccp is linked to driver's licenses and registrations, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are actually carrying the gun.

If you say no, even in states that require you to identify if you have a firearm, we can't really do anything about it unless we see a gun.

It'd be like arresting a drunk person staggering down the sidewalk for DUI. Just because he has a driver's license doesn't mean he'll drive a car.

Same for ccw/ccp. Just cause you have the license, doesn't mean you have a gun on you. It's just a stupid piece of paper that tells you you're "allowed" to exercise a right guaranteed by the constitution.
>>
>>31157533
This made me mad.
>>
>>31157533
>bawww I want my impound fee for my quota
Fuck the police.
>>
>>31157533
Wow fuck that guy. Shit they give "abandoned" cars on the highway what 24 hours?
>>
>>31156458
>C93
I don't think he meant the pistol, but if he did then just what the fuck.
>>
>>31147418

Imagine this

>fuckin' cataracts
>>
>>31150149

>rear end lady because she had to slam her brakes

no, you rear ended her because you didn't give her enough distance and were probably tailgating
>>
http://www.ccwnow.com/michigan-cpl-laws/

Michigan is a shall disclose state. Ive been pulled over once since i got my cpl. Didnt have my weapon with me.
>driving work truck, boss b& guns

Got told i need a new job by the officer then continued on with the reason he pulled me over.
>>
>>31147088
NC LEO - anyways,
> he asked me to get out of the vehicle and go back and sit in the front seat of his cruiser
This is pretty much standard practice for troopers across the board. I've never meant any other officers or deputies who do it. SHP teaches it in their academy because they believe that it allows for better control of the subject (i.e. other weapons hidden in the car, you can observe pre-assaultive behavior, etc). It also limits how many times you have to re-approach the vehicle and it's occupants which means less of a chance for someone to shoot you. I'm not in favor of it, but that's their reasoning.

>we sat there for 20 min while my wife and child sat in my vehicle
That's within the 15 min window for an average traffic stop per SCOTUS.

>the officer asked for my pistol, I handed it to him and he sat there with it in his lap while looking up me and my vehicle.
This can be articulated a couple different ways, and really it depends all on the nature of your interaction with the officer, your criminal history, etc.

Legally, its permissible. Frankly I don't really give a fuck if someone has a gun in the car (as long a it's announced [per law in NC]). I don't go anywhere unarmed, don't really expect the general public to either. Your safety is first and foremost your own responsibility.

Just as a point to possibly help you in the future, whenever you get pulled over by a trooper make sure to address them by that title. Patrol school is the equivalent of Marine boot camp, it instills that kind of mindset in them - "you're not just any law enforcement officer, YOU'RE A TROOPER!"

Then again, your chances of getting out of a ticket from any HP agency is fairly low since they're just traffic jockeys and wreck report takers.
>>
File: 16752887_2.jpg (50KB, 1200x571px) Image search: [Google]
16752887_2.jpg
50KB, 1200x571px
>>31147253
>>31156458
>>31157839

>Be anon
>generally upstanding gentleman, a bulwark of civility among the daily rabble
>As any proper gentleman should, I choose to arm myself
>Having recently gained good fortune from the passing of a distant relative and exceptional returns of my holdings in Siam, I splurge and acquire one of the Borchardt pistols
>Months pass and I have nearly had no need for the pistol, such is the civility under the crown
>Myself and a fair madam whom I sought to gain favor of were on an evening stroll one night
>Having recently come from the haberdashery, I suppose we had made ourselves unwitting suspect
>Accosted by trio of brigands!
>Comply until one of the brigands pulls a Frommer from his petite coat and asks the madam to remove her corset
>This will not stand!
>The crown of the Hapsburg has me in spirits. I draw my pistol and fire
>A devastating blow!
>Another salvo and the brigand returns fire
>Blast, I am hit! But being of only 6.35mm caliber, the round bounces harmlessly off my poket watch
>The day is mine!
>Fire more as the second brigand falls
>Blast, the pistol has jammed!
>Draw my Saber
>Visions of glory flash in my mind as Landwehr's March No. 1 plays in my head
>You die this day Turk!
>The ruffian flees as I make my charge
>Just as I come to a halt a pair of Gendarmerie turn the corner, blowing their whistles and waving their bobbits around
>Lay down my arms and snap to salute
>The Gendarmerie consult to me and admonish me of wrongdoing
>The madam and I return home and engage in a good round of pants fencing shortly after
Remember gentleman, always cary a saber and do not overestimate the ability of these self loaders. Had I had a rast and Gasser perhaps I may have faired better and not have had to resort to my Saber!
>>
>>31157724
First of all, why the FUCK has he escalated it to ask me to step out of my car? What fucking right does he have, unless I'm boozing or something?
IF he has some valid reason to demand that I exit my vehicle, and IF he is actually a trained professional, he assesses the situation and realizes that a threat still has not presented itself, and that there is a firearm that as far as he is aware is lawfully carried and zero threatening circumstances have arisen, and so he calmly asks you to keep your hands where he can see them while he does a quick pat down for officer safety and he acknowledges the firearm, informs you that he is temporarily removing it, and sets it aside for his safety while he continues speaking with you.
But, the real truth is, a cop will gladly create a tense Mexican standoff with 10 people a day if he can. Ten folks who he discovers are armed, and so he goes to Condition Red and acts like a citizen being armed is the same thing as finding a kilo of cocaine and nuclear detonation device in active countdown mode. In fact, officers SHOULD treat an armed citizen as though it is no big deal at all, within rights, maybe even pro-LEO, and move on unless there is some independent reason to believe they should act otherwise..
>>
>>31158188
The stupidity of some people is hilarious.
>>
>>31158188
you are right of course, that's how it *should* go, but in case it does not, whether or not the officer did anything wrong becomes instantly irrelevant as you are gunned down by a scared officer on his first day patrolling alone & therefore not necessarily on top of all the things expected of a LEO, such as the correct procedures & the reasons why the procedures are the way they are.
>>
>>31150184
>never go all-tism
>>
>>31151480
>And rules and laws exist for a reason
Statists are such cucks. Laws are made be men and therefore do not always serve legitimate purposes.
>>
>>31147096
found the Hillary supporter.
>>
>>31157468
>prevent that 5 mph over ticket from become a 25 mph over + reckless driving, if the cop is in a dickish mood.
Pls be a troll and not a bootlicker.
>JUST DO WHATEVER THEY SAY!
>>
>>31148164
wtf he almost shot his colleague.

also don't fire toward houses, dumb fuck
>>
>>31158225
Like people who make cryptic and unclear posts that do nothing to even key you follow whose point they disagree with?
Yeah, some people are indeed total fucking morons.
>>
>>31147088
Normal behavior and training for LE. Nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>31148426
This makes me happy
>>
>never speed or do stupid shit while driving
>never been pulled over before until last thursday
>be driving to work, uniform hanging up in back seat
>think of stopping for coffee, turn into parking lot
>about to park, but look at clock I realize I'm going to be late
>continue driving through parking lot to other side to get to stop light
>wait at light, then go about my merry way
>get pulled over
>ticket for "cutting corner"
>apparently cutting through a parking lot to get to another stop light is still cutting corner
>tell him i was going to get a cup of coffee
>says that he doesn't care

I'm definitely fighting this ticket. I read the city ordinance, and it says as long as you "have the purpose of stopping," then you can use the parking lot. I've started collecting my receipts from the coffee place to further prove I'm a regular customer.

Made me so fucking mad. Fuck that cop. Meanwhile, the guy behind me ran the red light but he still came after me.
>>
Honestly it sounds like he was being polite to your family
>>
>>31147983
>Go move to Brazil if you want justice at the barrel of a gun
fuck off, Brazil's not only Rio and Sao paulo stupid
>>
File: 1397415912074.jpg (21KB, 530x482px)
1397415912074.jpg
21KB, 530x482px
I got pulled over for doing 85 in a 65 last year. It was a really nice clear sunny day, I was just cruising and was totally in the wrong. Cop pulled me over, asked for the usual, but noticed the rifle cases in my trunk. I drive a station wagon, so he had clear view just walking by. Cop asks what I'm transporting and I tell him I've got some old and new rifles, 2 AR's, an old Mauser, a Krag, and a new 10/22 I'd been working on. Turns out this cop shoots 50 yard rimfire league at the range I shoot pistol league at. We get talking for a while and I show him my 10/22 and he tells me all about his Kidd setup. He ends up giving me a verbal warning and we go our separate ways.

Generally speaking, if you're cool with the cops and treat them with respect as another human being, they're usually pretty cool.
>>
>>31149605
>faggot.
stopped reading there
>>
>>31151938
Just read one of the demmned books!
>>
>>31148263
precisely?
>>
Some cops are douches about it, others will just hand you the card back and not even say anything.

From the encounters I've read about, the most common is him having get out and he takes it off you for the duration of the stop. Putting you in the car seems a bit excessive.
>>
>>31159105
yeah, there are a lot more monkey infested cities to get mugged and raped in
>>
File: 1472501569123.jpg (40KB, 485x476px)
1472501569123.jpg
40KB, 485x476px
>>31158064
Top kek
>>
>>31154543
>I wonder what its like living in shit states
>pulled over for dirty front plate cover
>only purpose for front plate is revenue

You don't need to wonder anon, you're already there.
>>
>>31147088

Depends on the officer, and the municipality.

I've had responses ranging from "Don't move, hands on head, where's the gun?" Followed by lating on pavement. All the way down to a casual "Cool, can I see your license and registration?"

Of course I live in CA, so the first was SFPD, the second was a Sheriff's deputy from my home county.
>>
>>31149708
Nope, in America in these days it makes sense to give up your weapon when a police officer requests it. If they wanted to shoot you, they'd do it when you had it.
If you're worried about getting shot when they take it temporarily they're right there and will probably shoot right back at that person, in the example of OP's story, the police officer even let him stay within arm reach of it. You have family there as witnesses, this isn't a place like Mexico where you have to be paranoid about someone bribing them and that situation going really into the realm of someone ambushing you there with women and children present. Christ what the fuck is wrong with this world?
>>
File: fuckeverything.gif (2MB, 306x230px)
fuckeverything.gif
2MB, 306x230px
>>31147195
In my state, they can ask where it is. Unless you are being arrested, that's the most they can do. Cops running the shakedown on "civilians" to fund their corrupt departments, so they can do more shakedowns, even though these faggots are already leeching taxpayer dollars for their paychecks and benefits, and providing nothing back to the community they supposedly serve. I don't understand this country anymore. Looks like half of you are so used to having cop cock shoved up your asses daily, you don't even notice its there anymore.

>>31147944
I don't care about the driver either, but we aren't paying these fat piglets so they can execute "civies" at will.

>>31149505
cuck

>>31151480
It would be shit if people had some semblance of privacy. We should install cameras inside all houses and apartments, so the police can make sure everyone is obeying every law to the letter, lest you need to give them some more of your money.
>>
>>31148971
>Cops hate, absolutely hate the 2nd amendment and believe they are the only ones that should be allowed to own and carry firearms.
true

you know that gun confiscation that went on during Katrina? that wasn't the feds. that wasn't even the state. that was New Orleans PD.

And they didn't even give the guns back until the fed sued them. Think about that. It took the federal government to get guns back to The People after the local PD took them.
>>
>>31157533
you got pulled over by a total douche. too bad a lot of cops like that are giving the good ones a bad rap
>>
File: 1455516133095.jpg (5KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1455516133095.jpg
5KB, 251x240px
>>31158064
>>
>>31159016
such is life when getting pulled over by a faggot power tripper. fight that shit in court, they literally have nothing to prove you didnt have "purpose of stopping". and the burden of proof is on them.
>>
>>31159167
>Generally speaking, if you're cool with the cops and treat them with respect as another human being, they're usually pretty cool.
you cant really speak generally like that. it depends entirely on the cop that pulls you over. some are good reasonable level-headed people. others are full on power hungry roided out faggot frat bros
>>
File: 1433076970112.jpg (100KB, 500x382px)
1433076970112.jpg
100KB, 500x382px
>He let me go with a tint ticket
>muh windows slightly too tinted for official approval
>relieved he didn't shoot me
America, land of the free.
>>
>>31159422
>>31159422
>SFPD
kek, youre lucky you didnt get executed on the spot for illegally exercising and outdated and archaic 2nd amendment that was created for the national guard when muskets were the only weapon
>>
>>31160964
I wanna know how the cops knew who had guns and whatnot. Like how did they know where to go and who had what? They don't register down there do they?
>>
>work nights across New England
>get pulled over 4 times
>put MAGA hat on
>I have a gun at 12oclock officer
>OK everything set, have a nice night
>Still no tickets
>>
>>31147618
In Ohio your ccw is listed in dmv records.
And your required to let the officer know your packing.
If your not, you don't have to say anything.
>>
>>31161457
ENGLISH MOTHER FUCKER, DID YOU TAKE IT?
>>
>>31148971
Copfag here, I'm just gonna say bullshit to everything you said. I whole heartedly support citizens carrying firearms. It makes my job easier knowing a FELLOW citizen can defend themselves until I can get there. I can bet your just a mad high school who got caught doing something fucking stupid and now you have to blame everyone but yourself. Grow up kiddo
>>
File: Trump hulk.gif (4MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Trump hulk.gif
4MB, 500x282px
>>31148971
>you be trump
>>
>>31161525

Hi I'm an engineer and I like sushi therefore all engineers like sushi.

Both of you need to stop, it comes down to the individual, I've met many police who do not like civilians carrying.
>>
>>31158064
>pants fencing
10/10
>>
File: 1454463240168.gif (126KB, 720x480px)
1454463240168.gif
126KB, 720x480px
>>31161580
Civi/Special Commission LEO here. Full powers when on Duty. Can Go on duty as I please cause my Dept allows it. No powers off Duty but i can easily get around that so some people see it as shit tier cop. About 3/4 of the Deputies on the force are good and generically pro 2A and last 1/4 are at least pro gun. None of them (except for one asshole in admin) is for restricting Civilian Firearms. So go Suck off bubba.
>>
>>31156123
>I don't understand how the military works the post.
Also get this idea of a confiscation order out of your head, it'll literally never happen.
>>
>>31157905
Yeah swipe keyboard fucks me up sometimes
>>
>>31161803
hhave you heard of NYPD? SFPD?
>>
File: 1460578880799.gif (495KB, 208x269px)
1460578880799.gif
495KB, 208x269px
>>31161949
I have. And I choose not to be associated with those Departments and there states Policies
>>
>>31157761
> While that data on ccw/ccp is linked to driver's licenses and registrations, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are actually carrying the gun.

Sure, but there’s no reason NOT to tell the cop you’ve got a CPL, whether you’re carry at that moment or not.
>>
>>31158630

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM
>>
>>31162753
As a LEO that video makes my kek. Try and find the loopholes of the legal system by travel vs Driving. Its time like this that I enjoy watching dump asses get getting tazed.
>>
>>31162742
That's completely true. I was just saying that what I was replying to, which is technically correct (committing a felony for not identifying) doesn't immediately land you in jail so long as the officer doesn't know.
>>
>driving home from innawoods shooting with gf
>shitty dirt road on forest service land (WA)
>turn corner
>15-20 highschool aged kids standing next to four parked vehicles
>one forest service pickup
>road packed as fuck with these tards
>slowly work up to the forest service truck
>forest service officer motions me to a stop
>notice (illegal) fireworks on the hood of the truck
>asks if we know about a "party"
>no
>asks if we're from snohomish
>no
>AR, Mosin, Mauser, Garand, M1 Carbine, 10/22 all folded down back seat on some jackets and shit
>ammo (and casings) literally fucking everywhere in the car
>asks if we're just out target shooting
>yup
>Ok, hope you two had fun. Have a nice day and drive safe
>you too officer, hope you get some help out here with these kids soon
>literally fifteen more cars heading up this shit road with usually no traffic
>at night
>no more forest service cars
>forest service officer had to deal with all these kids alone
>feel bad
>>
>>31147088
Yes.
Don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT-nePQuT-s
>>
>>31148064
Suspect had no gun

>cop draws glock brand glock
>puts finger on the only safety lever of the firearm
>why did it go off on me twice?
>>
>>31162860
That or actually bringing up the ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION which have not been relevant for a long goddamn time.
>>
>>31161525
http://www.kens5.com/mb/news/investigations/sapd-suspends-officer-for-chosing-whataburger-over-providing-back-up/305889118

Yeah, fuck off and go eat a free meal while you sit on your ass. Wont even help each other here, let alone a citizen.

You arent a cop, you just roleplay one on /k/ because your cold air asthma wont let you join the force your stepdad works at.
>>
>>31161575
>you be a fag

Fuck off and thanks for correcting the record.

http://concealedcarrykillers.org/law-enforcement-officers-killed-by-concealed-carry-killers/

What do you know police unions have been pushing against chl for 7+ years now.
>>
>>31147711
Goddamn assassination right here, look at how he draws and simply fires twice with no hesitation whatsoever, no confirmation of anything.

And still no story on this at all...
>>
>>31161817
You dont understand how the military works. Theu get irdered to bomb a childrens hospital they do it and dont say a word.

What happened after Hurricane Katrina? Did the nasty gurls confiscate guns or was that just a myth?
>>
>>31163992
>going to prison for refusing to follow an unlawful order

Fucking when has that ever happened in the last DECADE???
>>
>>31163968
Cop claimed his safety trigger caused the main trigger to fire the weapon. Given a 2 week paid vacation. Moved to the local Independent School District the next day. City ended up paying a few million to Mr Neckwound because the cop didnt kill him with a headshot as intended.
>>
>>31164009
It happens. They just wont make an issue about it. Like when a nigger private rapes a white female captain. Secret squirrel.

You ignored the fact NG confiscated guns during katrina. And police/feds confiacated guns after the boston marathon bombing when clearing houses.
>>
>>31150149
Did good anon, did good.
>>
>>31147711
>>31148064
No, try to spin this one however you want, myrmidons, but there is no way this was justified. The man and his wife were drinking at the bar, then he drove them both home. The cop car was following and watching, but the car rolled before he could pull him over, throwing his wife out of the car and to her death. After the car stops rolling, the drunk driver tries to climb out when the cop approaches and double-taps the man who just got in a wreck, with no reason to believe he is armed or anything.

The cop then proceeds to lie to the other first responders. The man is paralyzed at this point, but the other cops and medics don't know that, so they think he's being uncooperative. Then they find out he's shot, and they send people back to the bar, thinking maybe he got shot there. All this time the responding officer has failed to mention that he was the one who shot him. It takes a half hour for the cop to finally mention that he was the one who shot the drunk driver. Turns out he's big into MADD (mothers Against Drunk Driving) and thought it his duty to execute the man for driving drunk.

Driver dies in hospital a few days later (for the best since he killed his wife and was paralyzed). Fun Fact: the drunk driver had charges ready for him on the way to the hospital. It took an entire YEAR for this officer to be fired and charged, despite video evidence of him EXECUTING an unarmed man and then subsequently misleading or lying to the other first responders on scene.

But by all means, try to suck more cop dick by justifying this. I'm sure they'll be nice when some cop mistakenly finds you in his sights.
>>
File: hand signals.jpg (18KB, 461x240px) Image search: [Google]
hand signals.jpg
18KB, 461x240px
>>31157533
>Cop smirks and says "you aren't driving anywhere without brake lights, you're going to have to get someone to come pick you up or I can call for a tow." I can't tell at first if he's joking. He isn't. I ask if he could follow me down there to verify I'm going to change them right away. He says no, I can't operate the vehicle at all until they're fixed.

This is nonsense, hand signals are perfectly legal if your indicator lights are not functioning, in fact you're required to use them in that event.
>>
>>31162742
Sure, that would be true if some cops weren't assholes about it and routinely decide to overreact.
They don't know me and don't know what I might do with a firearm? Fair enough.
I also don't know them and therefore don't trust them not to spaz the fuck out and keep me there for over an hour if they even manage to resist the urge to pull their firearm and act like an idiot after I calmly inform them that I have a CC permit and a lawfully carried firearm.
Happened to me once, and I never want it to happen again. Cop drew on me and ordered me out of the vehicle and onto the ground. What I didn't realize was that my strong gun safety upbringing was dangerous to me at that point. Having a gun pointed at me by some overzealous retard made me quite literally want to beat the fuck out of him and shove that Glock of his square up his ass. That feeling stuck with me for a much longer time than I was actually in contact with him.
>>
File: police_dumb-cop.jpg (33KB, 500x329px)
police_dumb-cop.jpg
33KB, 500x329px
>>31164132
>The man and his wife were drinking at the bar, then he drove them both home. The cop car was following and watching, but the car rolled before he could pull him over

It should be pointed out that the guy was racing away from the cop when he flipped his truck.

Otherwise, you are correct.

Though personally, I think the cop mistakenly shot the guy because he's a dumbass cop and had his finger on the trigger when he was walking up to the truck (not that that's much better...)
>>
>>31164392
>mistakenly shot the guy because he's a dumbass cop and had his finger on the trigger
That'd be quite a feat, considering he fired two shots.
>>
File: police_attacks_girl.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
police_attacks_girl.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
>>31164378
>I also don't know them and therefore don't trust them not to spaz the fuck out

If they're the kinda cop who is going to spazz the fuck out because you told them you have a CPL and legally carried handgun, what do you think will happen when you don't tell them?
>>
>>31164436

I had heard one shot but even two shots is perfectly possible; finger on the trigger, the first shot goes off, startling the cop, who then pulls the trigger again like a retard, firing another shot.

This is far more likely then the cop actually believing he can execute someone for drunk driving and would explain why he didn't say anything for 1/2 hour; he knew he fucked up.
>>
>>31164334
and what is the hand signal for "I'm braking"?
>>
>>31165581
The "stop" one, dipshit.
>>
>>31164487
None of that excuses the way he acted afterward. It sounds like he was just a powertripping asshole who forgot he was on camera.

It doesn't mean all cops are bad, but that one sure looks like he should rot in hell. As should the drunk driver for that matter, but you don't get to just go around executing people because you wear a badge.
>>
>>31165617
Now why I gotta be a "dipshit" dipshit?
>>
>>31165666
>he should rot in hell
>satan trips

It has been foretold.
>>
>>31155283
it tells them nothing. you can be hiding a pistol regardless of whether or not you have a license

how many (non-police) murderers of peace officers were allowed to carry a pistol during the murder? I'm guessing like 3 total in the past century.
>>
>>31163992
>children's hospital
just because it's called a children's hospital doesn't mean that it isn't being used to treat soldiers

MSF always cries about getting blown up after they treat soldiers, then they get more funding from bleeding hearts so they can go patch up more soldiers and get blown up again
>>
>>31147088
He probably thought you were sexy and wanted some alone time with you. Those graveyard shifts get lonely for the Po-po.
>>
>>31147096
>>31147123
Fucking Badge Bunnies...STFU.
>>
>>31148164
Chicago Police, only Spetsnaz has a worse record...
>>
>>31159257
Nigger what the fuck are you even talking about? He's literally never said a peep about immigration.
>>
>>31166653
>Badge Bunnies
>Officer just doing his job keeping us safe
Fuck off, criminal
>>
>>31166150
>msf
>not doctors without bunkers

Honestly, it's like you don't even try
>>
>>31168049
>>Officer just doing his job keeping us safe
Pray thee tell, how were the officer's actions "keeping us safe"? How does it keep me safe that a cop treated a citizen who had gone through the hassle, paperwork, and quite possibly training (depending on the state) to legally carry a gun (but without the legal privileges, the get out of jail free card, that cops get when they misuse their weapon) with extra suspicion?

As you know, CCW holders are extremely likely to murder cops over minor traffic stops. I mean, it's not like licensed CCWers are the least likely commit crimes of pretty much any category of people (less likely than cops even, the low-ball number of course since lots of quite evidently criminal abuses of police authority are ignored, swept under the rug, or rationalized by people like you). You can never trust a man carrying a gun, especially if they're law abiding and properly licensed. Those sorts are dangerous, unless they wear a badge, of course.

Question: why are you even on this board? If you fear civilian ownership and carrying of weapons so much (compared to the endlessly trustworthy authorities who to whom you sing praises) then why are you even on a board dedicated to it? You might be in the wrong place, friend. Policeone might be more your speed.

Pro tip: if "You didn't get killed" is your defense of a paranoid constabulary then maybe you should move to Brazil. Meanwhile, in the "greatest country on earth" I think we can afford to meet a higher standard, which is to say an actual standard at all.
>>
>>31157253
Yes sir. Carried from south tx to disneyland and back.
I carry everywhere I go. Especially on a long road trip.
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.