[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From a legal standpoint Are you in more trouble for wounding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13

File: 5235236345.png (2MB, 1283x962px) Image search: [Google]
5235236345.png
2MB, 1283x962px
From a legal standpoint

Are you in more trouble for wounding a home invader then outright killing them?

Like if you fill his belly full of shot and he lives but with major complications. Colonoscopy bag, dialysis, wheel chair bound, the works.
>>
depends on the state.

but in most cases you better turn him into chunky salsa as fucked as that sounds in a lot of states they can sue you if they live so I mean, would you rather be alive? or alive with all your money going to the guy who just tried to rob you.
>>
>>31141804
I agree with the gist of what you're saying, but also note that there have been situations where the fucker died and the family still sued successfully. This shit's civil court, not criminal so the standard of evidence turn from "Beyond a reasonable doubt," to basically 50% plus one additional piece of evidence, ie who ever has the majority. But in all honesty, fucking kill the dude.

A) You might not actually incapacitate the threat, and you could get your shit wrecked.

B) It's a lot easier to defend from a legal standpoint in criminal court ( you fighting off charges for defending yourself ) if one side can't lie about their side of the story.

In summation, mag dump.

Just my 2 cents though.
>>
>>31141804

Exactly what this guy said. Depends on the state, but if you're going to shoot you're almost ALWAYS better off killing them
>>
>>31141804
Pretty much this
If you own a gun, you need to be prepared to shoot to kill. As merciful as it sounds to try simply wounding the invader there are far too many tales and legal bullshit that seems to favor the criminal. If you're white and they're a dindu, there is no winning move.
>>
>>31141774

You wound, they could sue. You kill, their family could sue.
You're in some danger either way you go, but dead men can't tell their side of the story. If you're shooting in self defense, it's almost always better to kill.
>>
File: 1459738952832.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
1459738952832.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
>>31141930
>>31141926
>>31141894
>>31141804
What if you are using a shotgun.

Won't a second or third of seventh shell get you in hot water? It isn't just pulling the trigger again you have to rack it after each shot.
>>
>>31141967

depending on the load you use 1 shot is gonna usually be enough to turn a guy into a fucking salsa bowl
>>
>>31141967
it was a very stressful situation anon.

you woke up hearing a loud bang and crash and were scared for you life once you saw a stranger in your home.

also after you dropped them they made a move for their waist or a weapon if they brought one and you were scared so you emptied the tube in them.

There :)
>>
>>31141967

>>31141967

Ehh, now we're really getting into a state by state thing. Like here in my Midwestern state a dude shot a robber with a .44 mag I believe and laid him the fuck out and went after the other, but fucked up when he came back and executed the first guy.

In the moment mag dumping, or tube with a pump same idea, is much more defensible. After the threat of bodily harm has ended, and then you come back and do some cowboy justice shit, you're probably gonna have a bad time.

Judges and prosecutors really don't like people handing out judgements, but are fairly understanding of decision making in the moment of life or death situations. Provided you don't fail your luck check and get an "activist" Judge / DA. Again state by state though. Look up your local counties' Judges and DA's records, you'll be able to tell what kind of person they are, and see if you'd be up againsts some major libtards in a legal battle.
>>
>>31142052
Buck, bird, or slug?

Different poster, I'm just curious
>>
>>31141967
>Won't a second or third of seventh shell get you in hot water? It isn't just pulling the trigger again you have to rack it after each shot.
"Every self defense course and law enforcement agency in America teaches that you should shoot until you are out of ammo."
"It was either my life or the life of the person threatening my life, and I didn't want it to be my life."
>>
>>31142137

>slugs
>overpenetrare and turn your neighbors the next 5 houses down into paste and completely destroy your house

>birdshot
>will hurt but doesnt always kill right away unless you're feeling lucky and pepper their face

>buck
>good pen and will usually kill and if it doesnt they're probably gonna bleed to death anyway
>>
>>31142181
>birdshot directly in the lungs
That has to be a bitch of a way to go. Trying to breath but your lungs are swiss cheese. Choking on blood and pellets.
>>
Remember, a dead man cannot testify.
>>
>>31142181
>penetration
>2012
>not living in an ICF home
>not lining bedroom walls with ar500
>>
>>31141774
what kind of faggot are you?

rule #1 of guns: dont point the gun at anything you dont intend to KILL.

corollary to rule #1: if you point the gun at something you intend to kill, FUCKING KILL IT.

god i hate kids. please tell me school starts soon.
>>
>>31141774
A dead guy cant tell the police/judge/jury how its societies fault he broke into your house steal shit for drug money
>>
File: 1429879769456.gif (2MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1429879769456.gif
2MB, 320x287px
>Be Australian
>Criminal breaks into your home, armed with a gun
>Shoot him and you get life imprisonment
>He cuts his hand breaking into your home, sued for all your money
I want out
>>
If the burgler is unarmed id attempt to hold him at gun point until the cops arrive. But if he does anything but lay down with his hands out, id shoot to kill.
>>
>>31141774
How retarded are you that the guy is even living in the first place? Are you aiming at his feet? Don't walk up and shoot him when hes on the ground, but neutralize him properly for your own safety. You should be able to get 3-5 rounds in him, if you aren't shooting a .22 he should be pretty fuckin dead.

If the picture in the OP happens, theres no civil case. An armed masked person kicking down your door? Theres no case.
>>
>>31142295
>burgahlah
>unarmed
wew lad...
>>
>>31142053
That only works if they are a cop. They have to have a weapon for that story to work. My cousin got 2nd degree murder for thinking he had a gun because he was reaching for his waistband got into a tussle and stabbed him 7x
>>
>>31141774

Say this exactly line, "I continued shooting until the threat was stopped/subdued"
>>
>>31142631
This. That simple.
>>
>>31141774
>Are you in more trouble for wounding a home invader then outright killing them?
>Like if you fill his belly full of shot and he lives but with major complications. Colonoscopy bag, dialysis, wheel chair bound, the works.

let me preface this by saying the introduction of a firearm in a situation is the introduction o deadly force and you must use deadly force in an attempt to stop the threat, and after all verbal and physical warnings (stop raping my dog or ill shoot you, and then brandishing your firearm) you can use deadly force.

in your hypothetical situation, you are not in legal trouble because if you shoot center mass alot, youre intention is to kill him, and he didnt die, so its clear cut self defense.

if you shoot somebody in the kneecap, you had time to aim at a small moving target, and thus youre life was not threatened, so the use of deadly force was not justified. ironically, if you shoot somebody right between the eyes, youre life was not threatened because you had time to aim at the redguards domepiece, and the prosecutor will say you murdered that poor innocent nigger who was a good boi he din du nuffin he was trying to spread the good news of jesus christ at 3 am when he broke into your house.

tl;dr, shoot the nigger alot in the chest and its clear cut self defense
>>
>>31141774
read your local statutes, case law, and act accordingly
>>
File: Glock-Trigger.gif (1017KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Glock-Trigger.gif
1017KB, 480x270px
>>31141774

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_F4aKo9cTY
>>
File: PanteraVulgarDisplayofPower.jpg (58KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
PanteraVulgarDisplayofPower.jpg
58KB, 300x300px
>>31143276

>that pic

vulgididty diplayerino of powerdidily
>>
>>31141774
I live in the state of Illinois, Chicago, to be exact. I have a conceal carry permit, and I have conceal carry insurance. This means that in the event of a legal shoot, I do the following:
>1) Call 911, tell them who I am and that I was involved in a self-defense shooting at this location and hang up
>2) Call my CC insurance company, explain what happened
>3) Stop talking to the police

For what I pay (about $11 a month) I get a team of lawyers and expert witnesses to testify on my behalf, keeping me from getting fucked by the shitty of Chicago or the state of Illinois.

In addition, Illinois has a law where if you engage in a legal shoot, you are protected from civil suits from the aggressor and their estate.
I think that's worth the price of one hamburger, fries, and coke per month.
>>
>>31142631
no , say , i would like my lawyer
>>
>>31142216
>not moving your bedroom into a bank vault
>>
>>31141774
The best legal defense in a self-defense scenario is to piss and shit your pants. This is undeniable proof that you were in fear for your life.
>>
>>31142291
>Buy slingshot
>grab whatever has crawled into your home or apartment that night
>fling at intruder
>"death by misadventure"
>get off scott free
>go out and buy a $79 can of beer (Bud Lite)
>praise the wildlife of the deathworld you inhabit and wonder why your government stripped your right to defend yourself against it
>>
If I shoot and wound an intruder and run out of ammunition and can't get more, what should I do then? Bludgeon him to death?
>>
>>31143343
>Be night time
>Sleeping in my home next to my beautiful wife
>Hear crash
>My time is now
>Grab my AR and my secret weapon
>Make way downstairs see Jamal absconding with my TV
>Deploy my secret weapon
>Chug an entire bottle of laxatives
>Proceed to shit and piss myself all over
>Jamal takes notice of the foul odor
>He activates dindu escape plan
>On his to the window he slips on my tactical piss trail
>He succumbs to my shit fumes
>Mag dump into Jamal
>Call cops
>Get off on account of tactical bowel movement
>>
>>31143318
>CC insurance company
It both disgusts and intrigues me that this exists.
>>
>>31143362
Carry an extra magazine/clip.
>>
>>31142216
>>31143342
>not having your entire house be an elaborate decoy filled with fake furnishings while your actual house is a concrete bunker buried twenty feet down and only accessible through a hidden staircase that leads to a multilocked sally port
>not having the bunker be an even more elaborate decoy while you actually live in a cardboard box in the alley down the road disguised as the friendly neighborhood hobo named Jake-Leg Joe even though your name isn't Joe and you don't have jake-leg
>>
>>31141967
>>31142171
For anything from martial arts to man-portable artillery, the rule of thumb is that when questioned on use of force, you say you were in fear for your life. Don't stop attacking until they stop breathing.
>>
>>31141967

Just try and stand in the same place when you shoot again, almost no one, not even your neighbors will remember the time between the shots to convict you of mansluaghter cause you shot a few seconds after you saw him fall.
>>
>>31143683
>not living in the storm drain below the cardboard box with a tactical pickle jar to piss in, with a decoy bum pretending to be you pretending to be someone else
>>
>>31143673
Better carry 2 extra mags.
Also, are 9 380 bullets enough to deal with a threat?
>>
>>31143362
Use a gun with a high capacity if you're worried about that.
>>
>>31143732
NO!!! NEVER ENUFF DAKKA!!!
>>
>>31141804
Mag dump, every time. This dumbshit lost pretty much all of his rights to life once he broke into your house. Kill him if he does anything other than immediately lay on the floor and cross his hands on his head. Even if he turns around to run away, it's a real chance he's turning around to grab something to use as a weapon.

Just blast the fuck out of him, make sure he's dead, then call the cops. Don't leave him alive.
>>
>>31143760
>>31143703
So pretty much ruin the place. Blow every shell and eat the cost of repair. Since if you were spraying everywhere it is easier to say you panicked and misses the first few and kept firing until he went down.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>31143732

I'm assuming you mean human threat,

Yes, 1 22lr is enough to deal with a human threat.

Most people give up when shot, the truly dedicated need either bigger holes put in them, or a shot that reaches some important central nervous system area.
>>
>>31142137
Buck.
Some will say it's too much but slugs have a HUGE risk of overpenetration and you don't want to risk using birdshot when it may not be enough to stop the threat, you may not get a chance to fire another round...
>>
>>31141967
>What are semi-auto shotguns?
>>
>>31143655
>disgusts and intrigues
Why would this disgust you? They only cover legal costs/defense in the event of a 100% legal shoot with a legal firearm while legally carrying.

If you do everything right you shouldn't have to go bankrupt for defending yourself. What's more disgusting is that our judicial system would try to railroad someone just for defending their own life against known criminals.
>>
>>31143910
Something not everybody owns
>>
>>31141967
>It isn't just pulling the trigger again you have to rack it after each shot.
Racking the pump is muscle memory and occurs immediately after pulling the trigger. You must never shoot pump shotguns or be terrible at it.
>>
>>31143919
What I meant. The fact you need to buy insurance for defending yourself.

>>31143937
A no funs liberal mind washed drone will think "he had to pull back with his other hand JUST to load another shell. Shooting three times means he was trying to murder the second and third time!"
>>
File: 57225_story__investmentbanker.jpg (21KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
57225_story__investmentbanker.jpg
21KB, 600x340px
Shoot burgler,burgler dies.

Family sues takes all your money.

Kill his whole family / problem solved
>>
>>31141804
Wrong wrong wrong... it is much much WORSE!

A guy who is wheelchair bound lost something, someone who dies loses everything!

In reality the difference between dying and being wounded is a change un the Civil filings. Either John Doe vs. You or The Estate Of John Doe vs. YOU.
>>
>>31143979
Oh, you replied to both of my posts and I see we're on the same page. Carry on.
>>
>>31142216
That actually made me laugh out loud.
>>
>>31141774
well, it decreases the number of witnesses
>>
File: wisconsin.png (892KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wisconsin.png
892KB, 1024x768px
>dat fucking feel when state law says if its found to be valid self defense you cannot be sued in civil court for it
>>
>>31141894
The standard in civil court is called a "preponderance of evidence". Which is a lesser standard than beyond a reasonable doubt.
>>
>>31144031
CASTLE LAW
Fuck your feelings
>>
>>31143726
>not ceasing to exist in this reality altogether
>>
>>31143362
Learn to aim for center mass under stress.
>>
>>31143318
>expert witnesses to testify on my behalf
>"And what were you doing, sir, at the defendant's house at 3am when he shot the intruder?"
>"I was merely using his bathroom, your honor."
>"And you know each other how?"
>"Internet."
>>
>>31143760
>even if he turns around to run away
I thought it makes it a lot easier to convict you if they prove you shot them as they were running away, like you were so eager to kill them even when they were fleeing?
>>
>>31141774
Just shoot to stop.
Shoot until you're sure they're not a threat.

Lawyer up from the start - cops are not your friends.
Most decent lawyers will have a wrongful death suit thrown out before it even reaches court.

A lawyer will cost you about 5-10k if they want to pursue you, but they won't ever have you in a courtroom.

And remember, you never have the time to shoot to wound or shoot to kill, you only have time to shoot to stop.
If you ever have to testify, you shot to protect life, limb and property - your actions weren't malicious, they were defensive.
>>
>>31141774

Dead men tell no tales. Even with all the laws on your side, when it comes down to it, a surviving perp can still talk to investigators and give his side of the story.
>>
>>31141967
Shoot until the threat disappears.

You have no way of knowing if they first shot stopped them, if it hit them or if there's another assailant - your only concern is the safety of yourself and your family.

Don't think, just shoot.
>>
>>31144322
That's not what an expert witness is, friendo.
>>
What if you used an NFA weapon, or your shots were too "good"?

>Guy breaks into your house
>Actually comes at you with a weapon
>Mozambique drill, 2 to chest, 1 to head
>DA: "Clearly he was a trained cold-blooded killer nobody could headshot like that."
>>
>>31144672
>What if you used an NFA weapon

Nothing changes except the state will have possession of your expensive toy for a while while things get sorted out. Unless you mean unregistered NFA weapon in which case you're fucked.

>or your shots were too "good"
Say you trained the drill to end an imminent threat to your life. Testify that shooting isn't as hard as the DA thinks it is.
>>
>>31144402
Exactly, it worked for Zimmerman, who didn't even shoot Trayvon inside of his own home.
>>
>>31143362
CPR
>>
>>31142120
Is there a story on the retard that executed the robber?
>>
>>31143362
carry a knife and stab him in the base of the skull
>>
If your in a decent state with castle doctrine or something similar, shoot and continue shooting until the threat is no longer alive.
>>
>>31143732
>9 .380
Sure, if your threats a fucking squirrel
>>
>>31141804
There was some old guy that did this to two little shits who totally deserved it and now he is in prison. I believe it was Florida but I'm not gonna spent hours looking for the story. He called it a mercy killing after the cops asked what's up with the way their were shot.
>>
>>31144761
oh shit is that the one where he is apologising to the intruder because it wasn't a clean kill
>>
>>31144769
It was the one where two methheads were repeatedly breaking into his home.
>>
>>31144761
He audio recorded everything, was crazy and ranting, and came back later to execute someone. Also he knew the kids and was waiting in a dark room to ambush them.

If he had immediately filled them with enough lead to kill them, didn't record, and didn't come back later he probably would have gotten off.
>>
>>31144775
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2618100/Court-releases-audio-chilling-murders-two-teen-burglars-recorded-65-year-old-killer-set-trap-basement.html is it this?
>>
>>31141967
how is this hard to understand? if you are afraid for your life, you shoot and keep shooting. the minute the threat to your life is over, you stop shooting.

it doesnt matter how many times you shot the guy or how many times you hit the guy. it matters if he stopped coming at you with the knife/gun/weapon because thats the legal definition of self defense
>>
>>31144788
Yep, I'm pretty sure that's it. I would be shocked if there was another case like what >>31144761 described.
>>
>>31141774
It's in general smarter to kill than wound, just magdump and tell the cops you feared for your life. We live in a day and age where a burglar can sue you for cutting his hand on glass because he climbed through your window that he broke
>>
>>31141774
if he lives, he gets to tell some stupid sob story

if he doesnt, you get to tell yours

do the right thing
>>
>>31145366
If a dindu muffin can't say he dindu muffin, is it still a dindu muffin? Chinese riddle for you.
>>
>>31145431
No, he's a diddu sumfin, he died which can only be a good thing, at least he did something useful in his life
>>
>>31143362
>not having a bayonet
>>
>>31144253
europoor here, if use of firearms for self-defence was considered legit I'd probably go with a 9mm and keep practicing "two in the chest & one in the head" my reserve unit usually practices with pistols, then if I ever had to shoot an intruder I'd point to my military training to show that of course I shot to kill, I have been training for years to shoot like that.
>>
>>31144214
If only....
>>
>>31142301
Doesn't mean he won't try and make you spend 10k on a lawyer to have the case thrown out
>>
>>31142295
If someone waits untill you leave your house and breaks in while you're at work or out. They will often not be armed, because they probably prepared the robbery and know they'll have plenty of time to rob you blind without having to worry about it.
If someone breaks into your house at night, they know somebody will probably be home, they will either run away if they hear the slightest sound, or be fucking armed. That is not a chance you should be willing to take.
Holding someone at gunpoint and waiting for the cops is a good option. Assuming you are 100% certain there is no other burglar in the house.
>>
>>31146013
In these threads the past few days a lot of stories come from people breaking in during times people will obviously be home. Do people seriously still break into a home in the middle of the night?
>>
>>31144672
>>31144702
>Nothing changes except the state will have possession of your expensive toy for a while while things get sorted out.
And the DA will use your fancy toy to label you a crazed gunloon murderer who had been planning an act of serial terrorism.
>>
>>31144702
>Nothing changes except the state will have possession of your expensive toy for a while while things get sorted out.

Not necessarily true. See the Gary Fadden Incident for an example:

https://web.archive.org/web/20061216102701/http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident/
>>
File: 1468570415329.jpg (214KB, 665x665px) Image search: [Google]
1468570415329.jpg
214KB, 665x665px
>>31146537
I live in the Netherlands, the old house I used to live in had 2 attempted burglaries in 4 years time. Both in the middle of the night. 1 time they managed to get through the back door but were stopped by another door which I always locked at night. The other time they didn't manage to get in but damaged the door. This also happened in the middle of the night.
Both of the times, nobody in the house heard or noticed anything.
2 months ago some people tried to break into my moms house through a small basement window but she woke up and flicked the lights on. They ran off and left an ipod dock behind which they stole from a house around the corner from her house on the same night.

>no guns
>pepperspray is illegal
>tasers are illegal
>extendable batons are illegal
>such is life in the Netherlands
>>
>>31146908
But dragon dildoes are probably legal, get the largest dildo possible, put some nails through it and wrap tape around the end so the nails don't come out and there you go, a legal self defense weapon that doubles as a toy for you to fuck your faggot ass
>>
>all this lawyer up advice
So it costs me about $5,000 to defend myself in my own home.
>>
File: 1469745985105.jpg (48KB, 902x201px) Image search: [Google]
1469745985105.jpg
48KB, 902x201px
>>31146987
Tempting as this sounds. Dutch self defense laws are very strange.
All assault cases self defense or not will get to the DA's office and could very well lead to a court case.
As the proposed design of your BadDragon Spikey NogMangler â„¢ would mean that the police will say that you prepared the aforementioned weapon and you aggravated the situation by inspecting the spoopy bumps in the night with a weapon. Therefore you premeditated the assault.
Same goes for legal gun owners. You have to lock your gun, ammo and mags in separate safes.
Therefore by opening them and loading rounds you cannot say you acted in self defense due against imminent danger because you had time to contemplate your actions. Therefore it would be premeditated
Also any violence in self defense has to be in proportion.
This means attacking someone who is unarmed with a gun will always land you in hot water with the law.
Strangly enough there was a case where a jewelry store got robbed in Rotterdam where the store owner got beaten by armed robbers very severely and his wife took their illegally owned pistol and shot and killed both robbers.
She did not get convicted of illegal weapon ownership strangly enough and the judge ruled that she acted in self defense.
Dutch laws are weird
>>
>>31147283
Hey, I live in Australia.

Two armed men invaded the house I was in a while back, I fought off both of them whilst unarmed, to the point that I permanently injured one of them and made them both give up their weapons and leave.

It took a year and a half for them to get to sentencing, during which a law suit was filed against me for "permanent and debilitating damage".
They signed a plea deal that prevented them from suing me and as a result of "Saving the court money" by signing the plea deal, they both had their sentences suspended and didn't spend a day in gaol outside of lockup.

What I've learnt from this experience is that you can break into someone's house, try to murder them, and you won't be punished.

>>31147137
Ayup.

$5,000 is cheaper than your life.
>>
>>31147554
That's the justice system for you.
Sucks that they didn't get a jail sentence, but atleast you didn't get killed.
>>
>>31147597
Yeah, but I'd much rather they both served time.

One had a chef's knife with a 12" blade and the other had a steel pole.
Both of them actively tried to stab and bash me with their weapons.

They drove from a suburb some 20km north to specifically break into that house and attack the people inside.

A guy was asleep on the couch and they still shattered his face (nose and eye socket).

I was covered in blood by the end of it, more theirs than mine luckily.
>>
Is the Djibouti shooty considered excessive force or killing intent, or can it be rationalized as by reflex
>>
>>31147686
The jury will be the ones deciding that, but you bet your ass the prosecutor will claim it to be evidence you're a murderer.
>>
>>31141774
Criminally no.

Civilly, depends on the state. If your state doesn't have some form of castle doctrine, the fucker can sue you with a decent chance of winning.
>>
>>31147686
In a home invasion, just shoot to stop them.

You start shooting when you see them, you stop shooting when they're not a threat.

Whether they live or die is not even in the equation.
>>
>>31147686
>>31147700
refer to it as "Failure to stop drill", that's what cops call it & it's self-explanatory: "the target was warned, failed to comply, got shot, the end"
>>
File: verboten technique.jpg (10KB, 253x348px) Image search: [Google]
verboten technique.jpg
10KB, 253x348px
Well, living in canada, we have castle doctrine. But we also have to use minimum force (NOTE: MINIMUM DOES NOT MEAN THE LOWEST POSSIBLE AMOUNT, IT MEANS THE LOWEST REASONABLE AMOUNT, WHICH MAY INCLUDE LETHAL FORCE, YOU STUPID FUCKING YANKEE KEKS) so if the robber brought you to court for assault the judge would probably say "You were robbing his house, dude. You're lucky he didn't kill you. Get the fuck out of my court.".

Literal actual RCMP doing raids have even "lost" court cases where they've been shot by people they were raiding because this is the case.

Additionally, I don't think you can sue people for committing crimes other than property crime. Like, you can't get assaulted, be the victim in the case, and then sue them in civil court for "emotional damages" or whatever.

www.cbc.ca/news/canada/self-defence-what-s-acceptable-under-canadian-law-1.1229180

>"There's a ton of case law out there where people have been charged in these types of situations," Nichols adds, referring to situations where an intruder has entered and a dwelling occupant has used lethal force.
>"Generally they're treated very, very leniently, or the charges are dropped altogether," she says.

>>31147283
>Therefore you premeditated the assault.
If it's anything like common law, it's the preparation of the weapon that makes it premeditated, not the investigation of spoopy bumps with it. Had you used something more reasonable to own for another legitimate purpose, like a naked but very hard dragon dildo, it probably would be fine.

>>31147137
Welcome to America. :^)
>>
>>31144376
Fear for your life combined with thinking they were going to get a weapon.
>>
File: GUN.png (323KB, 429x445px) Image search: [Google]
GUN.png
323KB, 429x445px
>>31147686
Lethal force is lethal force. I've heard of cases where "excessive" shooting was used as evidence of some kind of premeditation, but those are cases where someone would mag dump into their mom, reload, mag dump again, then go to the car to get more ammo, and mag dump several more times.

Firing three times instead of just once will probably be looked over as the tinest of inconsequential details

>>31147961
>they were going to get a weapon.
bad defense because for the time, they're fleeing and not doing anything to you. it's when they pick up or return with the weapon that you'd be in the clear to shoot
>>
>>31147649
Well done anon, any tips for those who might want to know how to, unarmed, fend off robbers with shortswords and spears? How did you win?
>>
>>31148222
>Well done anon, any tips for those who might want to know how to, unarmed, fend off robbers with shortswords and spears?
1. Train to fight multiple opponents (working angles, never square up against someone, keep moving so that only one person can reach you).
2. Don't stop fighting no matter how bad you get fucked up.
3. Get very very very lucky.
4. If possible, carry a gun and understand that someone can kill you with a SAK if they really wanted to.

>How did you win?
Deflected the stabs/strikes when they were using weapons, managed to get them to lose the weapons in the flurry.
The one that was armed with the knife then tried to grapple me, but had terrible technique, I grabbed him in a seatbelt grip and then knee'd him hard enough to launch him into a wall - permanently damaged a ligament in his groin.
The other one them tried to get me in a headlock, but was about half a foot shorter than me and meth'd out of his mind - I grabbed him in a triangle choke and choked him until he was fluttering.

They both gave up, I threw them out of the house, kept the weapons and locked the door.
Called the cops - who proceeded to fuck up more than I thought humanly possible.
>>
>>31148309
NEAT.
>>
>>31147649
>They drove from a suburb some 20km north to specifically break into that house and attack the people inside.
I'm suprised that so far no one asked, why would they do that?
>>
>>31141774
>Are you in more trouble for wounding a home invader then outright killing them?

Nope.

>Like if you fill his belly full of shot and he lives but with major complications.

Nope.
>>
>>31148835
>I'm suprised that so far no one asked, why would they do that?
Long story, house is my in-laws - they were overseas so their kids decided to have a party.
One of these two gate crashed, got removed by the police, I came over at about 5am, they broke in at 6am.
>>
>>31142171
So that's why enforcement Fucking Sucks nowadays
>>
>>31145459
But by saying he dindu muffin it absolves him of his sins.
>>
>>31150075
But if the dindu is dead he cant say he dindu so he diddu sumfin, ya feel me dawg?
>>
The real question is how do we bait a dindu into breaking into the house at a time and place of our choosing so we can thin out their herd?

Inquiring minds want to know.
>>
>>31143226

>redguard

lol
>>
>>31144322

An expert witness is someone who is an expert on the subject matter and will say "The way x should be done is to do Y" and if it looks good to juries if that matches up with your actions.
>>
>>31147283
Well what about using lets say a bow and arrow? Would that be justifiable?
>>
>>31141774

Self defense laws pretty much always absolve the defender from any criminal or civil liability. In fact they'll often shift the blame to other involved parties. For example if 2 dudes break into your home and you kill one the other is now liable for murder. That being said though always shoot to kill. One thing that you can get hung up on in some locales is deliberately shooting to injure which can be used against you as they can argue that you were not reasonably in fear for your safety. That of course is purely dependent on your location but in general if you're going to pull a gun on someone it's important enough that you need to be shooting them until they are unconscious and therefor no longer a threat.
>>
>>31144322
>expert witnesses to testify on my behalf
>"And what were you doing, sir, at the defendant's house at 3am when he shot the intruder?"
>"Butt stuff."
>>
>>31144672
You didn't Mozambique Drill. You fired three shots and one was shitty.
>>
>>31143919
>If you do everything right you shouldn't have to go bankrupt for defending yourself.
You're right. Thus, you shouldn't have to have fucking CC insurance
>>
>>31146537
Unsurprisingly many criminals are pretty stupid.

The smart ones read the newspaper and check the notices to see which houses have been foreclosed upon recently as well as the obituaries.
>>
>>31144672

There's no such thing as too good. Just like hollow points don't make you liable for murder because you planned to defend yourself. Self defense laws are usually pretty simple in the states. Once you've determined there is a legitimate threat you take action to defend yourself or anyone else in your immediate vicinity. You do whatever it takes to neutralize the threat. Once the threat is neutralized, you stop. Basically don't coup de grace and you're fine. Don't record yourself setting up traps and you're fine. Don't lay landmines in your yard and you're fine. Just shoot them until they stop being a threat and you're fine.
>>
Mag dump anytime you shoot someone.

If it's good enough for the police it's good enough for us common folk.

Plus from a legal stand point. If your "in fear for your life" act like it.
>>
>>31143683
So how viable would that actually be though. I thought about if I ever bought land/a home having a decoy shed like thing with my 'house' actually underground.
Would it be realistic or too expensive you think?
>>
>>31147686
Can it be proven that the shooter intended the last shot to hit the head? Just fired a few and that's what happened.
>>
>>31143357
the canadian government is controlled by the moose
>>
>>31150263
How much dindu can a dindu nuffin do if a dindu could do the voodoo instead of da dindu?!?!
>>
>>31145800
>Breaking: Swedish military bans training of soldiers to shoot to kill, citing a domestic terrorist attack by a white supremacist
>>
>>31151980
Anybody could just talk to the local building inspector/planning board about cool/weird houses in the area and find out about it.
>>
>>31152384
Wouldn't there be some sort of confidentiality? Also if they broke into a bunker I'd imagine the defense would be a lot easier. That'd be pretty intentional breaking in. It'd be pretty stupid of them to break in to a bunker/underground home
>>
>>31150719
Depends on the situation, only if you are attacked with weapon. And use of force is proportional.
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.