[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/K/'s Opinion of Ruger Security Six

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ruger.jpg (330KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ruger.jpg
330KB, 1024x768px
What do you guys think of one in stainless, with a 6 inch barrel, 1976 bicentennial model?
>>
I'd buy one if they started making them again. Their current revolvers are simply too ugly.
>>
>>31117895
I can dig it.
>>
>>31117988
Yeah, gotta love how they did the literal equivalent of pig with lipstick by making the gp100 match champion.
>>
>>31117988
>>31118051
Why not the Redhawk? Kind of retard heavy for what it is though.
>>
>>31118051
The GP and SP both look nice though.
Most of their revolvers either look ironic like the single actions, or look good like the gp/sp tend to do. I'd love to have one of their revolvers desu
>>
>>31118092
I know the grips are better for actual use but the way the trigger guard just just kind of gloops onto the grip bothers the heck out of me.
>>
OP here, I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not, but I happened to find one a little while back for $400, looks exactly like the picture, also my problem with the SP is the five shots of .357, which they did to make it smaller, but if I want to carry smaller I have my PPK.
>>
>>31118092
Only thing about the GP, for me at least, is that it's boxy looking and mean, while the Security Sixes have the more traditional smooth design.
>>
>>31118193
Get it and get it right the fuck now. Stop shitposting, hop in your car and go to the store now.
>>
>>31118260
Already got it, have had and shot for a while, also at the store where a bunch of really cool guns, from S&W m29's and high chrome M1911's to a FN M249s, and two Barrett 50's, with everything in between.
>>
Screw it, while I'm here, PPK opinions as well? Stainless again, one from S&W's Holden factory, made using Ruger manufactured parts.
>>
>>31118487
Fuck, Houlton, not Holden
>>
If you can find any security six under 400 jump on it. They virtually never wear out and they are beginning to appreciate value as collector's items. Even then 300-400 for a bombproof .357 is worth it any day.

I have one and it's my favorite handgun by a wide margin.
>>
>>31118051
i like the way the match champion looks though, sans the ruger billboard all the fuck over the barrel
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.