[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family Fudd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: DDR Feels.png (396KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DDR Feels.png
396KB, 800x1000px
We all know one in our family post em /k/ here is mine
>grandfather
>Never loads mags full muh Spring Tension
>clips
>Bought an M&P-15 never shot it just collects dust
>He claims his Ruger Mini-14 beats the AR in accuracy and reliability with an AK
>Ruger 14 never leaves a case when he drives around on the 4-wheeler
>Had the ability to buy galils in the 80's for a few hundred bucks never did
>.223 is the largest caliber you need kid in these woods with Black Bears and methheads
>>
>>31115429
>.223
>Bear
My brother brought back a Mule Deer from an Eastern CO corn field that had two .223s under its skin. This is even worse given that .243 is the minimum legal big game caliber in this state. If a Mule Deer wasn't taken down by .223, Black Bears are just gonna bend you over and rape you, DiCaprio style.

This Fudd probably thinks .357 Magnum is a good Grizzly gun.
>>
File: 1458181871580.png (36KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
1458181871580.png
36KB, 500x393px
>>31115429
>We all know one in our family

>tfw every single member of my family are stereotypical northeastern suburban liberals who never so much as held a gun before
>tfw having to hide my power level or laboriously work to convince people that owning guns doesn't make me satan
>tfw having to learn everything i know about guns from the internet
>tfw will never be able to check out a family member's cool guns or inherit a family heirloom
>>
>>31117306
Are you me?
>>
>>31117306
Man, that's gotta hurt. I grew up in a long line of pro-funz. Ever since they left Prussia.

Got a Colt Woodsman, P-38, Colt 1903, several S&W revolvers, U.S. 1917, Remington 81, Rem. 141, Ithaca 37, Browning Auto 5 (pre-depression), a disassembled SMLE (really gotta find the parts for that one), and numerous old .22s in the family, and most of these guns have seen two or three generations. I can't imagine not having inherited firearms.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>31117306
>tfw when your not from america and can't own a gun
>>
>>31117399
the amount of countries who literally prohibit their citizens from owning firearms is in the single digits. unless you live in japan it can't be much worse than having to jump through several annoying hoops.

>>31117393
>owns pre-Depression Browning A5 Trenchrape™ and doesn't post pics
>>
>>31117574
Camera's broken. Sorry.
>>
>>31115429
That would be my dad.
He's an ex-LEO, and in his younger days he would a lot of competition shooting through his FOP lodge. He placed sixth in this one tournament that was basically all of these LE agencies on the east coast including FBI HRT and some SWAT guys from the DEA. Funny thing is that he outshot a bunch of those guys.
Despite being a really good shooter he still thinks that the only two guns you need are a glock 19 and a 12 Guage pump gun because "The AR-15 feels like a toy." And "Nobody needs 30 rounds in a magazine, 8 rounds of 00 buck or slugs will do just fine."
He walks the fine line of Fudd.
>>
>>31117722
My mistake. Remington Model 11 (technically an Auto-5), dates to the 40s. The Colt 1903 is the Pre-Depression one (possibly pre-WW1).
>>
File: Elite Operator 2.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Elite Operator 2.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
My dad:
>Buys heavy as fuck Rock River Arms AR (pic related) with full aluminum handguard, gimmicky half-carry handle raised rear sight thing, during obama scare for like 3x what it's worth
>"I like it heavier because it's badass"
>He bought it for shtf
>Has attempted multiple times to load rounds in backwards/load magazine backwards
>Rides the charging handle forward EVERY FUCKING TIME causing malfunctions
>Thinks a gun malfunctioning 1-5 times per mag is just "something that happens"

I could go on
>>
>>31117399
Same, why even live?

>>31117574
It's a may-issue, paying 3k at least for any shit, limitations in caliber, magazines, ammo you can purchase/year, etc.
>>
>>31117876
>I could go on
Please do, anon
>>
>>31117945
In general he's just a retard when it comes to guns
>He only buys Israeli-made ammo because muh greatest ally

I'm serious. He knows nothing about guns but says his AR is the best one on earth because he read a post saying that on AR15.com despite the extremely frequent misfires, failures to feed, etc. Oh and the bolt doesn't lock back.
>>
File: 1471950724608.jpg (17KB, 212x212px) Image search: [Google]
1471950724608.jpg
17KB, 212x212px
My dad
>clips
>thinks h&k is shitty because "muh american"
>Terrible trigger discipline
>thinks .308 is way to big of a hunting rifle
>Constantly calls my tantal an "Ayy are feeftine"
>complained for months about me CC'ing an Austrian gun
>thinks body armor is a useless thing to buy
>Giant hypocrite when it comes to firearms
>rude to my french qt grill
>called my Ukrainian friend a disgusting commie when we were 11
I moved out when I was 19
>>
>>31118100
lol
>>
>>31115429
>ITT people don't understand what the term fudd means
>>
File: 1396550933589.png (270KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1396550933589.png
270KB, 500x333px
>>31118100
>>called my Ukrainian friend a disgusting commie when we were 11
>>
My dad owns guns which he inherited, but has no interest in them, he's repeated these to me all my life despite me explaining how he's wrong.
>pump action shotguns are extremely dangerous because there is no possible way of telling if they're loaded or not
>.22 is the most deadly caliber because kids think they're a toy a shoot each other with them
>if we ever talk about .22's then he goes on about how you can also get much more powerful centre fire bullets for your rifle (he's obviously heard about .223's somewhere)
He's inherited two beretta side by sides which were his fathers, he never shoots them or maintains them in any way, they sit in a box under tons of shit in the closet, if he ever pulls them out to look at them then he keeps dry firing them and puts them away cocked

Now that I'm into shooting, I have to keep borrowing his shotguns so that I can give them a good clean and oil and make sure they're de cocked when they go back into the case.
>>
My dad is kinda fudd, but he gets a bit of a pass at times because he's a 20+ year vet and actually knows shit about guns.

>Hates 5.56 because 'varmint round' 'made to wound' 'laughed out of deer camp'
>M16 is still unreliable today (think he had an A1 jam on him at some point in a firefight)
>US should never have adopted anything smaller than a .308

So, some fudd stuff but overall knows what he's talking about from years in the military and hunting dangerous game like bears and mountain lions and the like. Mostly just tune his fudd talk out like I do his ramblings about politics.
>>
>>31118100
>>thinks h&k is shitty

Valid.

>because "muh american"

Alright, yeah, that's stupid.
>>
>>31118864
>pump action shotguns are extremely dangerous because there is no possible way of telling if they're loaded or not

Holy fuck. It doesn't matter whether a gun is loaded or not if you're practicing any kind of gun safety. What is he thinking?
>>
Dad is a total fudd. Pops owns a single firearm that isn't a hunting weapon and it's a ghetto blaster Ruger P95. Everything else is long barreled shotguns and bolt, lever, or .22LR rifles. He believes that Semi Auto is useless outside of rimfire and that hunting is the primary use of guns. Basically imagine Bong gun laws personified.
>>
File: 1439170996989.png (900KB, 690x968px) Image search: [Google]
1439170996989.png
900KB, 690x968px
>>31117248
Its early summer in Wisconsin so there are fucking bears everywhere.
Goes into the woods on a four-wheeler armed with a cased bolt action 22 with ammo in his pocket
>>
>>31119520
>.22
>Against a bear

Holy shit he'd legitimately be better off throwing rocks
>>
>>31118467
Enlighten us.
>>
>>31119520
>ass end of August
>early summer
What?
>>
>>31119554
Especially a bolt action. I suppose a semi auto *might* work if you mag dumped into its face but a fucking bolt action that's unloaded and in its case might as well not be there.
>>
>>31119554
He tells me its shot placement and tells me a story about when he was a kid he saw a bull get put down using a .22 short so you know
all<.22 short
>>
>>31119569
He doesn't mean this happened yesterday.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.