[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camo development - a closed circle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Camos.jpg (183KB, 795x1127px) Image search: [Google]
Camos.jpg
183KB, 795x1127px
Hey /k/, I got a question:

Sometimes when I look at modern (ish) camo schemes, I got the strange feeling that they all are just some kind of further development of an existing scheme.

Take my pic for example: The upper one is an anorak sewn from ATACS FG - a modern commerical camo

The lower one shows 1940s blurred edge (spring)

You cant say that both schemes are not very close - at least I think they are.

And I got this feeling with lots of other schemes too. Look at flecktarn, darn close to M44 pea dot

Or those newer russian schemes that are - hands down - a 1:1 copy of some nazi ww2 schemes

Now the question: I personally think, that the rules of camouflage are fixed: Someday you'll reach a point where you cannot improve camo by new schemes thus every new one will more or less closely resemble an existing scheme.

Am I right? Or am I just an idiot and ATACS and blurred edge dont even look alike?
>>
>>31111145
Holy shit, you've discovered the secret behind technology:

New shit builds on older shit

Holy fuck OP, delete your thread now before the illuminati kills you for revealing such a great secret! They're probably already on their way.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>31111145
So OP, which autistic camo tripshit from the containment thread are you?
>>
>>31111204
None of them. I dont trip
>>
>>31111145
The truth is that people in 1940 where perfectly capable of discerning the most useful structures and colors. There's been little actually new since. Camouflage producers do not like to tout that fact.
Also, all camos are relatively similar, similarly effective, and in fact not even that much better than plain olive, evidenced by the fact that almost all temperate climate armies use different patterns, with some (israel, austria) indeed using plain olive. What difference there remains is a matter of different perceptions among the deciding brass and fashion... and yes, these do indeed often go full circle.
>>
>>31111780
In addition to his post

It all boils down to simple marketing: Every camo company wants to make dosh. And to achieve this, they have to sell and tell customers that their "brand new" scheme is the hottest shit EVAR

It doesnt matter whos the customer: Civilians or federal organizations: At the end of the day you only sell when you can make your customer think that your product offers a lot of improvement over the product your customer uses now.

And when it comes to camo schemes, its ridiculously obvious: All those new hot schemes starting with Multicam are basically existing schemes in different colors. Even Mandrake has its predecessors like the old SS palm tree pattern or several soviet floral schemes.

Yes, it is a closed circle since camouflage finds its borders within the limits of physics and optics. and those borders have been found long time ago.
>>
File: Palm tree vs Mandrake.jpg (195KB, 1987x660px) Image search: [Google]
Palm tree vs Mandrake.jpg
195KB, 1987x660px
>>31111888
>>
>>31111145
If it aint broke, dont fix it.
>>
>>31112393
I guess you didnt understand the whole point of this thread my friend.
>>
>>31112488
If it ain't broke, retool it slightly for profit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.