[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damage Control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

We've all made dumb purchases. And guns are certainly one of the worst things to make a bad purchase on, as they lose up to 1/3 of their value when you walk out of store with one. So in the gun community, we see tons of post-purchase rationalization among the lower-IQ people.

What are some phrases that tip you off to this phenomenon? One I always see is "Not everything has to be an AR" when they post their dog-shit mini-14. Another good one is "I just wanted a rifle with (((character)))" after they post a gucci AK they spent 1.2k on instead of a modern rifle for less.
>>
Soo what's your point
>>
>>31107237

I see this on /k/ all the time so anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, go to the AR general and ask them why they got their rifle instead of an ak, and they will all list mechanical, real reasons. Ask the AK general why they didn't get an AR and they will literally all say "Not every rifle has to be an AR, bud" or variants of "more like GAY-R lmao"

>>31107266

People get so caught up in purchases they become fucking idiots
>>
File: 1167191956163.png (31KB, 447x256px) Image search: [Google]
1167191956163.png
31KB, 447x256px
>>31107237
And guns are certainly one of the worst things to make a bad purchase on, as they lose up to 1/3 of their value when you walk out of store with one.
I think you're talking about cars.

Guns go for 95% value in the classifieds, if you haven't fucking noticed.
>>
>>31107302
This is true, but we've all made dumb purchases. And guns are certainly one of the worst things to make a bad purchase on, as they lose up to 1/3 of their value when you walk out of store with one. So in the gun community, we see tons of post-purchase rationalization among the lower-IQ people.

What are some phrases that tip you off to this phenomenon? One I always see is "Not everything has to be an AR" when they post their dog-shit mini-14. Another good one is "I just wanted a rifle with (((character)))" after they post a gucci AK they spent 1.2k on instead of a modern rifle for less.
>>
>>31107302
>can't, or won't, greentext a quote
Look at this guy
>>
>>31107319
>>31107302

what's wrong with you two

retards are not tolerated in my thread, go back to ak general
>>
Cobray mac10 is without a doubt the biggest piece of shit i ever owned. I got suckered into it at a gun show when I was young and new to weapons. 6 years later I dumped it at a police buy back and actually made $50 on it.
>>
>>31107237
Either you never cleared a jam in an AR or you never shot anything different than an AR

Either way you're a faggot.
>>
>>31107237
>>31107319
What's your fucking goal with starting these shit threads? Do you get off on this shit? Seriously, what's your fucking problem?
I know I'm taking half the bait here, but what the fuck?

So whatever someone likes that you don't like, immediately means that they actually regret buying it and are trying to justify the purchase by saying good things about it?
>>
>>31107237
>guns
>losing value
>being this new
>>
>>31107237
>more expensive than an AR
You can build an AR for incredibly cheap but it'll be a shitty gun. A brand new Mini-14 can be had for as little as $600 and it'll perform roughly as well as an M&P-15

>worse ergos
Subjective.

>worse reliability
Not to the point that it matters for the average guy.

>>31107280
>I see this on /k/ all the time so anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, go to the AR general and ask them why they got their rifle instead of an ak, and they will all list mechanical, real reasons

So basically you're mad that people don't buy guns from a 100% practical standpoint?
Some people shoot for pleasure, some people collect. If everyone was like you the industry would literally only be AR-15s and Glocks, a very boring hobby.
>>
>>31107368
Damage Control
>>
>>31107366

Here they are! They will never, ever logically talk about why they bought an inferior gun. They can't just say, I like the aesthetics. I know a gun is a tool for self-defense/offense, but this is a range queen and it's just a fancy toy. They will never admit it. They will constantly avoid any self-awareness to how shit their rifle is.

>>31107368

Another golden example. No discussion, ad hom. Saying I get off on this, do you really think someone would go on the internet just to rile you up? Stop being so narcissistic.
>>
>>31107237
Went to a kind of far away (like 2 hrs, so not really THAT far, but certainly not my frequented lgs) shop because they have a nice selection/showroom and ended up buying a nugget because I had been looking around playing with and touching everything in the store for like two hours and felt kind of guilty and awkward to leave without getting anything.
>>
>>31107358
>retards are not tolerated in my thread
That's like a black person making an establishment with the sign out front saying "No Negroes allowed"

Basically you're the Uncle Rufus of retards.
>>
>>31107237
Not everyone's a poorfag like you, OP.
AK and Mini 14 alongside my MR556 and SCAR? They'll look good next to each other in the next family portrait, because guess what I'm going to buy now...
>>
>>31107389

Glocks are a budget gun though, sigs and h&k's are better practically speaking.
>>
Is "because I wanted it", not a valid reason any more?
>>
>>31107237
I keep my guns for a long time so I don't give two shits if they go down a third or w.e
>>
>>31107395
>do you really think someone would go on the internet just to rile you up?
speak for yourself >>31107237
>What are some phrases that tip you off to this phenomenon?

Do you really think someone would go on the internet just to tip you off, OP?
>>
>>31107404
Sigs bore the fuck out of me and H&K hasn't made a gun that interests me in years.

I much prefer an FNX or even an old 3rd gen S&W steel auto.
I'm very much a hammer kind of guy though.

>>31107419
Apparently not.
>>
File: average ak owner.jpg (244KB, 670x464px) Image search: [Google]
average ak owner.jpg
244KB, 670x464px
>>31107403

It seems like you're just wasting money on guns that aren't even as good as the ones you had to begin with, and serve the same purpose. But I will buy an AK as well, because they look fun. They are range toys and inferior for practical use, but look fun.

>>31107419

Absolutely, read the OP. A rifle can be inferior and fun. Notice how violent the reaction is to this thread? I hit a sorespot.
>>
>>31107237
>2014
>banned
>win money
>centerfiresystems
>ooh is that a wasr gp 75 on sale for $475
>buy rifle
>IO inc
>>
>>31107445
>filename
So taking the gun apart to get a good look at the bore in the light is a bad thing now?
>>
>>31107516

I'd say buying a rifle that's more expensive than a comparable AR that malfunctions easier, gets dirt in it easier, closes the bolt when the last round is fired, has dog shit sights and needs a ridiculous attachment to put on optics, shit ergos for chambering a round, and scratches itself when fiddling with the safety is a bad thing.
>>
>>31107516
>taking the gun apart to get a good look at the bore in the light
Did that at the range once... got tackled by two fudds that thought I was trying to kill myself and the police + ambulance were called. Spent an hour trying to explain to the noguns paramedics that I wasn't suicidal until they finally believed me and let me go.
>>
>>31107544

not to mention 2.5-3 MOA from a 1.2k rifle
>>
>>31107561
>>31107544
>what's a WASR-10/63
>what's an NPAP
>what's an AMD-63
All can be had for below $600, sometimes way below, and are generally adequate as guns.

I fucking love ARs but not everyone likes them.

>>31107558
Did you take the receiver apart and take out the bolt? Because that sounds retarded if they just dogpiled you for that.
>>
>>31107678

I'd believe him. Fudds that don't get how an AK works aren't unlikely to exist.
>>
>>31107237
>as they lose up to 1/3 of their value when you walk out of store with one
>>31107237
Huh?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.