[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PDWs Are Obsolete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1471775063384.jpg (37KB, 720x684px) Image search: [Google]
1471775063384.jpg
37KB, 720x684px
>Kriss Vector, MP5k, etc. retail for hundreds more than a 12"-16" AR even with stamps
>pistol calibers do less damage, penetrate walls more, and cost more than 5.56
The only reason PDWs aren't completely extinct in their intended role is "DA AR WILL PENETRAE YER WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD BOY" fudd lore.
>>
>>31097323
>kriss vector
>mp5
>pistol caliber anything
>pdw
Wat?
>>
Id use a .45ACP carbine/submachinegun if I could get my hands on one.

Im a civilian, if I have to shoot somebody I need them dead. I dont have a fireteam behind me if I am forced to engage and I may not get a chance to get more than 1 shot on target. For that reason I use .308 and 12g in my home defense selections, Im not messing with pistols in a high stress situation in my home when I can have long arms set up for instinctive point and shoot gunfighting, bulk and concealability isnt an issue since I am defending a barricade position in my bedroom in the event of a home invasion waiting for law enforcement or using a .308 battle rifle as a patrol/overwatch rifle in my neighbourhood in a WROL situation. (Upper middleclass White coastal enclave surrounded by ocean on 3 sides then a dindu neighbourhood to get back to central city).
>>
Smgs and any pistol caliber carbine.
>>
>>31097674
I don't feel like doing the actual work here but someone's bound to sperg on you over using long arms for home defense so heads up
>>
>>31097323
PDW implies specialized round meant for high velocity and armor penetration.

Pistol caliber short automatics are submachine guns, by doctrine, which are still useful, but to those who don't wear body armor (such as civilian sectors, for example).
>>
>>31097323
The sydney siege demonstrated the need of heavy hitting low velocity rounds that don't fragment on impact when fired in a hardened enclosed environment.
>>
>>31099172
This. PDW is more like P90 or MP7. Or the magpul PDW that we'll never ever have. I guess AR pistols and AK pistols could also be like PDWs... Just don't shoulder them.
>>
File: 1471917584290.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1471917584290.gif
1MB, 320x213px
Can't operators decide for themselves which PDW calibre works best for them instead of armchair ballistic experts shitting on pistol calibres in every thread? Not even intermediate rifle calibres are one shot stopping powerhouses, seems besides shot placement, you'd need at least a couple of rounds of anything to put down a person high on adrenaline/designer drugs. I'd still want to operate with PDWs in 10mm or .460 Rowland or .50 AE. I hope manufacturers never fully drop pistol calibre carbines from their R&D programs, no clue how to feel about .22 sub-intermediate guns though besides the 5.7.
>>
File: 1456798915269.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456798915269.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>31097323
>do less "damage"
>penetrates more
>unironically buys into the 5.56 fragments after hitting drywall myth
>9mm brass costs more than 5.56
>looks at cost when talking about performance
>most likely a /pol/ transplant judging from pic

lmao look at this noguns fuck
>>31099448
>Can't operators decide for themselves which PDW calibre works best for them instead of armchair ballistic experts shitting on pistol calibres in every thread?

Unlike the majority of fags on /k/, operators actually train to the point where they're proficient with whatever they're issued. Take an example of J.D Potynski and his article he wrote. Dude literally did not remember the names of what aftermarket parts he put on his gun and had to look back through his emails to remember.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/03/10/bcm-gunfighter-history-pt-2-jd-potynsky/
>>
If SBRs are that much better than SMGs and PDWs, why don't police/military issue SBRs instead of all the fancy SMGs and PDWs in the 70/80's? Are modern cartridges that much better as compared to back then?
>>
>>31099532
Police have mainly switched to rifle caliber carbines. PDWs use boutique rounds made specifically for going through armor. You shoot pinholes through an unarmored target, and you may as well have been shooting a pistol or rifle round. And then there's .223 which fragments better than most pistol rounds, which is useful for shooting in residential housing. And the amount of training to be proficient with fully automatic submachine guns? You give police training too much credit.

No wonder they're going to short AR-15 variants on their quick force response teams.
>>
>>31099151

Why would you use a pistol if you have a carbine or 20" shotgun?
>>
>>31099532
SBR ARs didn't really exist back then and nobody was buying AKs from the Soviets or Chinks. What were they supposed to do, Obrez a Mini-14?
>>
PDWs are actually guns like the FNH P90
>>
>>31099895
>What is the XM177?
>>
>>31099960
>X
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.