[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun companies you have had bad experiences with.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: 20160813_180051.jpg (922KB, 1902x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20160813_180051.jpg
922KB, 1902x2268px
We all have had bad experiences with companies.

This is a vent thread. Get it off your chest. Let the red mist come.
>>
File: 1459555077802.jpg (92KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459555077802.jpg
92KB, 1080x1080px
No complaints here. Only bought stuff from Remington and CSA though :^)
>>
>>31097030
Bushnell. First scope I ever bought and it fell apart after maybe fifty rounds. That was back when I was young and retarded and trusted brand names.
>>
>>31097030
Remington
>>
Rock River
>order ar for customer
>they take money
>don't ship anything for 6 mo
>when asked about delay say they don't make the gun anymore as of 1 week ago
>doesn't issue a refund
>have to fight for another long period before any admission of wrongdoing
>>
>>31097030
Op here.

My issues with MPA

I ordered a chassis for a Howa 1500 on 3/17/16 paying a 20% deposit. Delivery time was quoted as 4-6 weeks

On 4/15 I payed the remained of the balance.

Was told that my order would take 6-8 weeks from original date due to volume of orders.

OK.

8 weeks pass from original order date . I email and ask is there any chance of my order shipping before memorial day weekend ( I have a shooting trip planed)

I get a response. "Sorry won't make the memorial day shipping date, we hope to get it to you first week of June "

Mid June I email.

Get told first week of july.

Second week of July I email.

Get told end of July.

End of July I email .

Get response from President of company with a detailed time line that it will ship on August 8th.

Monday I email the president back asking for an update or shipping information.

Get call back Monday afternoon that it is being shipped 2n day air UPS. And will be delivered wed.

Today I email, asking for tracking number, as I didon't get it over the phone.
Customer service emails me the tracking code.

Look it up.

Package shows "prepared for shipment"

My package still has not shipped.

I've kept my cool through out the whole process, but I'm getting to the end of my rope.
>>
>>31097171
Fuck me dude that's bad. What happened in the end? Did you get a gun or a refund, or neither?
>>
File: rfu10.5-1-7-5.56-10fgs.jpg (136KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
rfu10.5-1-7-5.56-10fgs.jpg
136KB, 2000x1333px
radical firearms... gave me the run around about a receipt when the gas block on their their 300blk upper wasn't even in the dimple and turned into a single shot, then their handguard screws had galled and snapped three of my torx driver heads... They never bothered to do a RMA. Eventually I had to drill three damn grade 5 screws out toasting a few drill bits and buy a new handguard. Never buying anything from them nor recommending them to anyone. I hope they go out of business soon.
>>
>>31097199
Always wondered about RF, their prices seemed too good to be true.
>>
>>31097199
I've heard that they're a very hit or miss company. I've had great luck with my ar, better than I should've at the price point. But I've heard plenty of horror stories from fucked up rifling, fucked up gas blocks, and fucked up hand guards. I wouldn't reccomend them, I just got lucky.
>>
File: Keltec-PF9.jpg (29KB, 517x400px) Image search: [Google]
Keltec-PF9.jpg
29KB, 517x400px
KelTec

You know how if you try hard enough you can find information that tells you exactly what you want to hear? Well the KelTec Owners Group is the biggest crop of tightwad-enablers on the Internet.

I saw a PF9 at my LGS, this was back when the Walther PPS and Kahr were really the only single stack 9mm on the market and the PF9 was outrageously cheaper. Something *HAD* to suck about it.

So I decided I wanted it already, so I did my "research" on LelKek Owners Group. "Oh man, you hit the feed ramp on it with some toothpaste and it's MORE RELIABLE THAN A GLOCK", "Oh yeah, just a quick fluff and buff and it will outlast the earth." "You had a failure? You're holding it wrong (and/or) it's not broken in yet is all." And so on.

So I buy it, "fluff and buff" it. Grab some Winchester white box and head to the range.

Three.

I fired three shots and the trigger turned into a gritty mush. I dropped the magazine and pieces literally fell out of the magwell.

I ask on KTOG and get "Nah don't sweat it, that's one in a billion and it was probably your fault since KelTec makes the worlds finest firearms. They'll take care of you."

I called KelTec and this snippy negress on the phone insists that I was shooting reloads. I'd never shot a reload in my life. Nope, you were shooting reloads sir, this is your fault, if you want us to work on it you'll have to send it in. If they weren't reloads then it was bad ammunition. I told her it was the most common ammunition in America and she said if I was "giving her attitude".

I paid to send it in and waited SIX FUCKING MONTHS for this piece of shit to come back. The minute I opened the box I sold it to a friend for $100. Best decision I ever made.
>>
>>31097182
They sent us a "parts kit" of shit and told us to put it together. Issued a 100$ credit and a couple free items (NM triggers)

The end result is I tell no one to buy their AR
>>
>>31097199
>>31097321
>>31097327

They're a garbage company that churns out volume at the cost of literally everything, Super high incidence of lemons and zero excuses. They have familial connections to the ownership of Aero, and zero care for quality control. Do NOT buy Radical unless you want a slapped together rifle with high chance of out of spec or otherwise faulty parts.

Source: I work in the same town and have had numerous dealings with them, up to and including refusing to accept return of faulty product up until threat of legal action was leveled at them since Texas has strong lemon laws.
>>
>>31097180

Just chargeback and cancel the order, lol. I don't know why you would put up with that much in the first place.
>>
Mother
Fucking
KelTec

I HAD a PMR30. I shot it on three outings. could not have been more than 3-400 rounds through it. I put it neatly in its case and bring it home, open the case up two days later for cleaning.

I noticed a huge crack in the rear third slide. Big enough I could slip an index card into it.
Bull
Shit

I call KelTec. This is a new gun, brand new, out of the box, had it for 28 days, and I know it was 28 days because I got it February 1st 2013 and called the March 1st, 2013.

The woman on the phone was reletivly normal for customer service. It wasn't anything I'd call unpleasant but it wasn't anything id call spectacular. I sent my gun in for work.

And thus began a four month comedy of errors that was KelTec.

I received a curtocy call from KelTec the day it arrived telling me that they had my firearm and they were going to inspect it.
That was great. I'd only sent in one gun for warranty before and it was Colt, who may as well have carried the gun to their factory in a fucking limo, so I wasn't sure what was normal.
Seven
Days
Later
I get a call from "Tim". I don't know who Tim is, but Tim almost certainly did not pass metal fabrication class and most likely can not spell "CNC Machine".
Tim tells me he inspected my firearm and "can't see the issue".
I laughed. I like tim. Tim is a master jokesman.
He says "Well if this is a joke were gonna need to charge you shipping..."
Tim was not joking.
I tell him, well, you know, the crack. On the slide. The one that's about 1.5 inches long, about 1.1mm thick?
I hear jumbling. He's got my gun with him
"Oh, that? Thats just part of the slides cam."
No, Tim. No it is not. There is no cam for the slide on top of the slide.
He tells me to hold on. He puts me on hold. 18 minutes of vaguely beach themes music later, he returns
"I'm gonna call you back its lunch time"
This is a fucking joke right?
I'm understandability upset with Tim. Tim is on my nerves now.
>>
>>31098029
I ask to speak to someone above Tim. A manager. A salesman. Something.
“Well, they're at lunch…”
What, the WHOLE KelTec plant goes to lunch at 1pm on Tuesdays?
Tim hangs up. I'm annoyed.
I call KelTec. I give them my information and they connect me with another guy, let's cLl him mit, because Mit was clearly just Tim doing a fucking voice.
I ask “Mit” if it was KelTecs policy to hang up on customers for lunch.
Well, if they're hungry….

I hung up, called back, same deal. Connected to ANOTHER Smith, John. John was much better. John put me on hold for six minutes and retrieved my firearm. He said he's not seen the problem before and asks if I wouldn't mind if they kept it for closer examination for quality purposes, saying he'd send me some free things for my time and pain.
I'm fine with that. A company wanting to improve its quality? Im happy to help. I own a small workshop where we make custom things and I know if want the same thing. I agree.

I hear nothing from them for 20 days. I call them again. I'm connected to someone who looks up my gun.
“Uhh, it says here its not under warranty”

Wat.

Why?

“The inspector says it's damaged due to mishandling, looks like it was dropped”

Dropped from fucking what? A skyscraper? That crack was fucking HUGE!

They said it looked recent. They noted bumps and dents around the crack.

I had taken pictures of the gun before I sent it off, SN visible, multiple positions, the works. I emailed them to them for proof and called back later that week.
>>
>>31098045
After some arguing they put me on with John again. John was curious and had not seen my firearm since two days after my call when he had determined the crack was due to a poorly made slide and spring that was causing immense amounts of force on the weak portion of the slide, and commented it was “lucky it didn't blow up on me”. He put me on hold and went and got my gun.
“It looks like someone dropped it after I got it.”

He looks at the guy who handled it.
Fucking
Tim.

John got me set up. He waved shipping and all that, said they would pay for the FFL fee, and sent me a box of KelTec stuff. A hat, a shirt, a knife, a flashlight, four PMR-30 mags, and a holster. he had my information and said if I'm ever in the area he'd give me a tour of the plant.

John wasn't a liar. I got a box of the stuff a few days. He said the gun would take a few more.

Life got in the way. My mom and sister died in a car crash a few days later and I forgot about the gun in a bit of a torrent of sadness. It was about a four week period. I remembered about my gun when I was cleaning up and found a box of .22WMR.
I called my LGS. I was range buddies with the clerk, he knew what had happened so I'm sure they had held the gun for me and probably simply didn't disturb me. Small town.

I called him and asked him if they had it.

They did not.

Oh goodie.

I get the tracking number and look it up.
Delivery completed.
They sent it to a town, who's name was spelled just a tad differently, to an FFL who's name was the same, many states away.
The delivery had only arrived two days ago. It didn't even LEAVE KelTec until 12 days prior.

So I call that FFL and inform them of the issue.
They had called KelTec already and informed them of the issue as well. The package was addressed to the correct FFL, FedEx just didn't give a fuck apparently.
>>
>>31098058
So back it goes, process repeats itself. I get the gun finally, and confirm its mine. It is, thank God.

Shiny new slide in place, I immediately sold it on the spot to the store in trade for a 590A1.
I trashed the knife, broke the light, burned the shirt, shot the hat, sold the mags with the gun for bricks of 12 gauge.
KelTec: Never again.
>>
>>31098072
Holy fucking shit anon.

Note to self: Kel Tec literally never
>>
>>31097500
Fuck, good to know. I bought an upper because I like to try out new companies. It seems to work fine, haven't shot it much though.
>>
>>31098072
Holy shit, anon. Sorry about your mom and sister. The ending to your saga seriously made me laugh out loud though, thanks.

The worst thing thats ever happened to me is PSA was missing an entire bag of parts from my lower parts kit I ordered from them, but they sent me the missing parts right away for free. Today I was supposed to have a used m&p 9 from Buds™ delivered to my ffl but the FedEx guy tried to deliver it before they opened so now it's sitting in the FedEx warehouse and the tracker just says "no redelivery attempt scheduled." If I don't see it on a truck to the ffl by lunch I'll give them a call and see what's up.
>>
>>31097048
Bro they have a lifetime no nonsense warranty. Literally send it in for any reason and they fix or replace it.
>>
File: huh.jpg (47KB, 629x630px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
47KB, 629x630px
>>31097453
>globs a heap of actual toothpaste on the feed ramp
>fires three rounds which disperse the paste into every possible location
>surprised the trigger turned gritty
>>
>>31097500
i forgot about radical. i had a radical 308 bcg. the gas key came loose. i emailed them hoping theyd take it back and fix it. their only reply was "it needs to be torqued 50-80 in lbs".
gee thanks.
not a big deal but i had to buy new gas key screws and i needed a inch pound torque wrench. this was a brand new bcg bought from PA so i dont think i was out of line asking for help ( i even offered to pay shipping)
>>
>>31098849
>thinking he put toothpaste on and left it there
I'll take "Redneck polishing compound" for $400, Alex
>>
>>31098632

I don't think they make their own upper and lower, just get them from Aero, and it's hard to mess up milspec uppers and lowers, but avoid anything they've made themselves if you can.
>>
robinson arms is notorious for bad CS, but heres one i experienced personally
>have a rob arms vepr
>need a replacement firing spring
>email rob arms
his reply was literally word for word this and nothing else, no apology, nothing:
"i might have some in the back, im not going to look".
i guess i should be happy he replied at all. i emailed all over the place and nonone could help, luckily someone on ak files made some
>>
Had two squibs in three boxes of ammo with federal champion 9mm, other than that, I haven't had negative experiences with companies per se, just stuff I thought I'd like but ended up not liking when I bought it because there was no way to try it out first. Like ACOG scopes
>>
>>31098849
Memetec Defense Force is already here
>>
>>31097485
Jesus fucking christ that's awful
>>
>>31097048

I have a 100 Bushnell scope and it's been solid for me for a long time. I actually recommend them for anyone looking for a budget scope. Oh well.
>>
>>31097030
aim sent me a k31 with a non-matching bolt. i was pretty salty when i noticed. thats all ive got
>>
>>31098072
Holy shit man. Sorry about your mom and sister. I knew keltec is shit but this definitely confirms it. I did get a kek at the end though, mostly because I read this entire thing in the voice of Henry hill from goodfellas. Enjoy your shotgun, anon.
>>
Black Rifles in San Antonio.

Staff seemed pretty based and I was close by so I bought my KAC URX 3.1 there for installation. A week before the owner/maybe sales guy said they had the KAC tool.

I call ahead and they claim everything is ready to go and I should just be able to wait.

Okay.

Show up and guy says owner took the KAC tool to let a friend borrow it.

3 days later he calls and says its in.

I show up.

About 25 minutes into the installation, happening in another room, installer man says,"It could take a while, I'm having some trouble." I reluctantly walk away for about an hour to go eat near by.

Come back and everything is reassembled. It looks good and the rail looks pretty sweet.

A week later I had finally peiced together a HSLD carbine for a tacticool class. Within the first hour on the range I noticed that when we were zeroing at 100, I had to nearly adjust windage on my fixed Daniel Defense rear BUIS all the way to one side.. It seemed off at the time but I dealt with it. I later noticed a triggering effect from the installation. The rail appeared to be bent heavily. The barrel was not centered or something along those lines. I figured that was the cause of my zeroing problems.

Once our carbines were set up we did some static line drills. After around three magazines I felt the rail come completely loose, as it moved freely off the barrel nut. I said, wtf these idiots again. I was curious as I had to pay extra to borrow one of the companies spare rifles.

Cont.
>>
>>31099950
The shop was open on Saturday so I called them immediately during a break and explained to them what happened.

The owner seemed to be insulted that I would accuse one of his "gunsmiths" of doing a botched installation. We argued for a couple of minutes when he specifically said I must have done something to it. I told him flat out that your company owes me a new upper. They pinned on a muzzle brake so the rail would take a lot of effort to remove again as removing the pinned brake might not be attachable again.

I just wanted them to do right and they refused.

I ended up taking it back to my home town where the local tacticool shop I've been buying from for years confirmed that it most likely bent during installation.

I ended up selling the rifle complete on Texas Gun Trader. I used the funds from that to buy another, newer stock rifle, already ready to go.

I know the complaint is against a LGS but I would never recommend to them again.
>>
>>31100016
Wow, that's horseshit. I hope you didn't suffer any deficits.
I never trust "gunsmiths" at LGSs anymore.
>>
>>31097453
daily reminder that Kel Tec is Intratec

the PF9 is shittier than a LC9 but better than a HUEHUEHUE taurus. If you absolutely have to be a nigger, get a SCCY. Also made in Florida, also not complete dogshit.
>>
>>31100125
What about Taurus revolvers?
>>
Only Bad experience I've had
>get heritage rough rider target
>probably put ~2000 rounds of 22lr and 500 rounds of .22mag through it
>click
>BOOM
>pelted with shit
>top strap sheared and bullet hit the front of the frame and exploded into lead fragments
>gun 100% fucked
>barrel hanging own and to the left by about a centimeter
>contact heritage
>lol you've owned it more than a year bro
>because shipping revolvers that can explode is totally fine and everything

the way they make the things is to take a normal colt SAA style frame and then mill the top strap flat at the rear to drill and tap in an adjustable sight. Coincidentally that is a major stress point for the SAA, and all revolver, designs.

I've got another Heritage revolver that I haven't shot since. I'll eventually sell it for a hundred bucks or so at a gun show to some idiot and try to offload all my .22mag since I don't have any other guns chambered in it.
>>
>>31097030
Mossberg, their customer service is black people from Maverick.
>>
>>31099043
holy shit. are you serious? that's kind of hilarious
>>
>>31097171
lol that's some bullshit
>>
File: RF 10.5 upper nib.jpg (386KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
RF 10.5 upper nib.jpg
386KB, 1382x778px
>>31097321
I've had pretty good luck with my little RF upper.

I changed the aluminum barrel nut out for a BCM KMR 7" though. That handguard is definitely cheaply made.
>>
>>31098029
>curtocy
It's courtesy, my man. Thanks for the story.
>>
Only a few bad experiences I can think of... both with PSA, Palmetto State Armory.

The worst experience I've had with them:
> Was getting into reloading.
> Saw a few deals on their site, Reloading kit, 9mm brass and 9mm bullets 250 each or some shit in metal containers.
> Order 2 kits, plus something else overall $120 worth
> They took my money right away.
> Got the email saying my stuff got packaged, a few days later it was "shipped"
> 1 month later nothing.
> I call and spoke with someone, says looks like they ran out. So I asked him why I got notified that it was packaged and shipped.
> They say looks like I got the wrong notification. But he see's I'm next on the list, should have it shipped within the week.
> End of the week goes by, figure ok I'll call Monday if its not here by then.
> Monday comes around. I call, sounds like the same guy. He says my order got cancelled because they ran out.
> I thought I was next, thought they would honor my order since they took my money a month ago.
> Fuck Palmetto State Armory, took 2 weeks to get a refund... I left them a negative review on their site. They took it off.

Never again buying from Palmetto State Armory.
>>
Kel tec. I had a ksg, with a vfg on the pump, yknow, so my hand wouldn't slide in front of the muzzle. After FIVE ROUNDS of Winchester universal birdshot, the handguard split completely in two. Customer service told me that low quality vertical grips could cause the forend to break... I sent them the shotgun, and they eventually sent it back with a new handguard, and a polished action. I very quickly traded it on a Mossberg 590.
>>
I ordered an AK74 from Interarms, took seven months to get a refund after they failed to deliver, and that's only because the owner of my LGS (we're close enough to their shop that my LGS sends a guy up there 2x a week) called them about it to raise hell

Ruger straight up broke a Redhawk I sent in. Gun worked 100% just had a canted barrel (hey, it was free) that I was assured by a Ruger rep that they would fix, so I sent it in. A YEAR AND A FUCKING HALF LATER I get it back, lockwork busted, trigger and hammer inoperable, cylinder unable to close, with a note "don't ever shoot this". The barrel was even canted a little worse than when I shipped it to them
>>
Savage arms.bought a shotgun packed with grease.after. cleaning it out i notice some pits and gouges in the barrel.callem up they send ups the next day.fsst forward a month get back shot gun.check out the barrel and it has a new paint job but its the same barrel. With the pits and every thing.call em up again and the process restarts.sent it in first of august getting it back sometime next week.
>>
>>31100315
Sounds like it had timing issues just as all revolvers eventually develop, and you just never bothered to inspect it while cleaning it.
>>
>>31101240
bullshit. I have 100 year old revolvers that shave lead due to timing issues. they don't fucking explode. The fucking topstrap broke during normal operation because they milled over half the thickness out of it.
>>
>>31101257
>The fucking topstrap broke during normal operation because they milled over half the thickness out of it.
Its a .22 not a 45 Colt

>I have 100 year old revolvers that shave lead due to timing issues.
once again confirming that you dont bother to maintain your guns
>>
yeah kel tec is pretty shitty i dont own one but both my parents do for their concealed carry and they both have at least sent each gun in about 3 times because they would jam on almost every round and then just stop working at all
>>
>>31101265
made out zamax dumbass. I could melt the thing in my oven. heritage is literally 20 colombian monkeys in miami shitting out revolvers from castings in a machine shop. when it's 3/8" thick it works, when you mill it to 1/4" it fucking explodes after a few hundred rounds.

>timing issues in 110 year old saturday night specials is the users fault
are you retarded?
>>
>>31101257
>he fucking topstrap broke during normal operation because they milled over half the thickness out of it.
You're also full of shit here, I just compared the pics on their website to my 3rd gen Colt SAA Calvary

>>31101295
>when it's 3/8" thick it works, when you mill it to 1/4" it fucking explodes after a few hundred rounds.
My SAA's top strap is 3/16ths of a inch thick, even thinner in the area where the groove in for the rear sight.

>>timing issues in 110 year old saturday night specials is the users fault
>are you retarded?
It is your fault for not getting it retimed. Stay mad that you dont bother to maintain your guns and you ruined one because of it
>>
>>31101061
>"don't ever shoot this"
What the fuck... that isn't seriously the end of that story, is it? Sort that shit out.
>>
>>31101211
>polishing a turd
>>
WASR 10/63 from 2009 - total garbage. Frame rails were uneven, was a jamomatic piece of shit.

PSA 5.45 upper keyholed - they replaced the barrel with a 5.56 and made me very happy
>>
Ruger.

The LCP .380 I bought for my wife had the shittiest trigger ever. They didn't want to hear it. No fix, no refund, no reimbursement if I had it fixed.
The next year, after thousands of complaints, they introduce a new model with a different trigger, painted red to draw attention to the fact it wasn't their old shitty trigger, further devaluing my purchase.

Never a new Ruger again.
>>
>>31101310
I didn't know colt made their SAA out of a potmetal nonferrous alloy you could melt on your BBQ grill

Oh wait, they're made out of steel.

Are you a HUE who works for heritage or something? The guns are designed around every ounce of material being there to function. Their common malfunction is the lockwork shitting the bed long before any timing issues appear. But on their target models they remove over half the thickness right atop a right angle, which makes them catastrophically fail.

They've been phasing out their target models without saying why for this reason.

>Retiming a $50 revolver
>Because making it worthless by removing the permanently affixed side plate makes perfect sense.
>Because returning fixes cylinder play
So yes to being retarded.
>>
File: pix791916730.jpg (57KB, 567x425px) Image search: [Google]
pix791916730.jpg
57KB, 567x425px
>>31103995
>I dont know the different between a 22 and a 45 Colt

>But on their target models they remove over half the thickness right atop a right angle
again no
t. Colt SAA owner

>They've been phasing out their target models without saying why for this reason.
they're still on their website

>>Retiming a $50 revolver
Its not my fault you can't work on your own gun

> permanently affixed
>with screws
pic related
>>
Anyone bought from ammunitionstore.com? They had a sale I found on gunboat for 7.62x39 123g HP. .21 cpr. No tracking number and no package yet. Couple emails. I'm worried. Ordered a week ago with 2 day shipping.
>>
>>31097030
wather / Umarex clone rifles licensed by colt. Shitty. Inconsistent screw sizes. Not made in the us.

On a different note, S&W treated me and my old 4506 very well. Replaced extractor and recoil spring free of charge and they shipped it both ways on their dime. 10/10
>>
Robinson Arms and Magnum Research.
>>
>>31098718
I had the same thing happen except it was a missing mag release button in a PSA LPK, 30 minutes of being on hold and listening to their porno elevator music and some guy finally picked up. I talked to him for less than two minutes and my part was sent free of charge. Also don't fuck with shipping companies and expect them to fix their mistakes, call them or you'll never see your shit.
>>
>>31104074
>defending a gun that blew up
>>
>>31104280
>thinking any revolver with timing issues wont inevitably blow up
he is lucky it is made from zinc and the top strap broke, otherwise pressures would have rose even higher and the cylinder would have exploded.
>>
>>31104292
You dont know if it had timing issues. Once again.

>defending a gun that blew up

$0.02 has been deposited in your account. Heritage Arms thanks you for your support.
>>
>>31097030
Nothing too bad.
>order parts and mags from PSA
>they send most of it within a few days
>never get one mag
>forget
>call them two months later asking where it's at
>"oops thought it shipped"
>get mag that week
Not rage inducing but certainly made me more wary of purchasing from them given the horror stories I've heard.
>>
File: 20150708_220703.jpg (677KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20150708_220703.jpg
677KB, 2048x1152px
>>31097327
Fuck. Radical. Firearms.
Hit or miss? Naw, dude they miss and key hole and FTF. This is their "Advanced Nitrided Bolt Carrier Group". And this is the second one, the first was machined wrong and wouldn't engage the forward assist, the FA skipped along the serrations. I thought, "no biggie, it must have slipped past inspection". No they're just shit.

Best thing I ever did was part all this shit out and get a PSA upper and BCG.
>>
>>31104667
>You dont know if it had timing issues.
He said it did retard, that the bullet hit the frame because the cylinder wasnt aligned:

>>31100315
>>top strap sheared and bullet hit the front of the frame and exploded into lead fragments

It isnt hertigate's fault that he cant be bothered to maintain his weapons. If you bother reading the rest of the thread he goes on to say he has a 100 year old saturday night special which has timing issues as well and he continues to shoot it. I'm sure he'll end up blaming the manufacturer when it inevitably blows up in his hand as well.
>>
>>31103922
This.
When shit this bad happens, and the entire world of gun enthusiasts recognizes a particular part as being of shit design, and Ruger doesn't fix it for all owners immediately, there is only one solution after that.
An ongoing recall, or offer to repair for ANY owner, even a second owner. Hi Point can do it for every gun, why couldn't Ruger do it for a known fuckup? People resold those LCPs in droves, in part BECAUSE they were unsatisfied. Ruger shouldn't be off the hook.
I've never boycotted anything in my damn life, but Ruger is on my shit list after this.
>>
>>31099043
>email rob arms about spelling error on their website
>"the site is under construction" and they correct purposely made errors in my email, 'cmon you guise' 'come on' 'you guys'
>site still has spelling error years later
>>
Bushnell

Bought some shitty rimfire scope, shit wouldn't zero.
Then an AR rimfire scope, it has debris in the reticle
Then an AR scope with BTR reticle, can't see the illuminated sight in daylight and the battery only lasts a couple of hours.
And a red dot, the trophy, shit doesn't hold zero.

I won't buy from Bushnell anymore, fuck me.

Sig Sauer

Bought a M400 SPR, gas block is significantly canted, can't use it to mount a sight, so is the buffer tube.

Since I live in yurop there is no after sale support whatsoever so I'm stuck with that shit. Fuck my life.
>>
>>31104894
Actually I take that back, just checked and it's fixed. I checked a few weeks ago and it was still spelled wrong.
>>
>>31100698
To Be Fair: There are some VFG handgrips that do NOT meet the standards, and if used on the KSG, can easily break its (admittedly weak) polymer railed pump fore-end.

On the other hand...you are a fucking idiot. I've put hundreds of rounds through my KSG and never had my fingers slide out past the pump. Of course, I didn't attach a shitty VFG on it because I'm not a fucking idiot, so hey.

I don't get your beef - you put what is probably an out of spec VFG on a device, it broke, and Keltec fixed it anyways. Seems like a plus, not a minus.
>>
Browning: Basically saying they had no warranty, if you want something checked out I'd have to pay out of pocket to ship to them, and pay if they determine it wasn't a factory defect. I guess it's my fault for not reading the fine print and for not inspecting the gun better when taking possesion, but still shitty. Apparently they'll suck your dick if you bought a really expensive gun. The guy I talked to couldn't give two shits that I had issues with my buckmark. ended up fixing the mechanical issue myself and just living with the cosmetic issues.

Royal Tiger/I.O.: Nothing needs to be said, we all know how they are.
>>
>>31100233
The worse
>>
>>31104841
>gun has timing issues after 2k rounds.
>it blows up and you still defend it.

God I hate day/k/are
>>
>>31105811
>complains about day/k/are from posts that started at 3AM
>thinks people shouldnt inspect and maintain their funs
that projection
>>
>>31105902
>This asshurt over your own unfounded assertions
The gun was in perfect working order until the exact moment it fucking blew up you HUEHUEHeritage shill.

Amazingly a bullet hits the forcing cone when the barrel is at a 2° angle after the top stop shits the bed on a revolver.
>>
>>31097030
I love Sako rifles and their quality, but I Absolutely HATE the attitude of Beretta's customer service.
>>
>>31108721
Clearly it wasnt otherwise it wouldnt have blown up.

>HUE
they're made in the US
>>
>>31108721
I'm not even the dude you're arguing with.

It's your fault. Plain and simple.
If you knew how to take care of it, it wouldn't have happened.

As for your Saturday night special, if it's just shaving lead now, you're in for some real fun once when you get a repeat of your Heritage.

I'm not defending Heritage. I've never owned one, don't plan to either. But, no you're an idiot for thinking a $50 revolver will operate perfectly fine with no maitnence. Timing issue are a thing, and sometimes they cause weapons to explode. I can only imagine how long a cheap little revolver would last when the owner doesn't bother retiming it.

You sound a lot like the type of person who buys things on impulse he knows nothing about.
>>
Serbu: wouldn't sell me parts, charged out the ass for services

Alexander Arms: their guns/parts come literally incomplete. You will pay hundreds more replacing bad parts or adding ones that simply aren't there. Muzzle devices are setscrewed on to unthreaded barrels.
>>
>>31097030
>the red mist
that means something different where i'm from. here its also known as gearbox mania. its when you're fixated on the rear of the racecar in front of you rather than concentrating on racing.
>>
Radical firearms, not even once, they literally give a monkey an AR wrench to assemble bargain bin parts at random.

In a lighter note: primary arms' customer service is the best shit since sliced bread, bought a beer creek arm upper from them, just got a recall and PA is going to give me a full refund for my upper or $150 back if I choose to keep it if I got a defective one, frankly I've taken all my business to them
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.