[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An hero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: eaZrosc.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
I'm gone through life thus far with only youtubers like hickok45 to welcome me to the diverse, intricate world of firearms.

So I don't own a gun, but I have a massive interest in them, and envision myself around them a lot one day. But what if I'm deeply depressed at times, as I frequently find myself. I've only held a couple loaded handguns, and I have this horrible urge to turn them on myself when I first grab them. What do you guys with depression or suicidal thoughts think about your firearms in respect to depression or that urge.

Sorry if this thread doesn't really belong here, I don't frequent this board very much, but you seemed like a good bunch to ask.
>>
There are better ways to kill yourself that with a firearm desu. People think that a bullet to the brain is an instant kill like some kind of video game, but its more likely to leave you a vegetable. And then you're REALLY fucked. If you are seriously considering an exit strategy, ask /r9k/ about exit bags.
>>
>>31096516
/thread
>>
>>31096516
Yeah, I guess depending on how you do it, what you do it with, you could end up worse than dead for sure.
I just have this looming fear that I somehow couldn't control myself on some fateful night. And I really am a rational, generally relaxed person, not very anxious.

I'm paranoid about those few moments I felt when I held and shot a loaded handgun, I was afraid of myself.
>>
Grow some fucking balls bitch.
I have lost nearly everything I worked hard for in my life because I made a stupid mistake. I have left behind all my friends and family. I'm pretty much on my own and unemployed.
Yea I considered suicide for awhile, drank a lot, went so far as to sit with a loaded 12ga under my chin in a drunken haze.
Yet here I am. I grew the fuck up and realized I gain nothing from death. What would I save myself from, some misery now? Yea I would rather suffer now than face an eternity of nothingness.
Grow up and stop asking for attention, do something meaningful or get back on your fucking meds.
>>
look man, don't do it.

you don't know if the best days of your life could be right around the corner and you'll look back and think about what a stupid idea it even was to want to kill yourself.

you're precious to someone, be precious to yourself.

and smile, you're alive.
>>
>mfw I've tried to kill myself more than once and I have a loaded gun in the house with no problems

I'm confused.

Like, suicide is a choice. you choose to do it.
>>
>>31096653
This.

I have tried "hanging" myself on at least two separate occasions before I quit and went back to drinking my liver into a mushy paste.
>>
>>31096343
Intrusive thoughts?
You mean like the horrible horrible thought and weird urge to push someone off a ledge or some other very crazy things that pop into your head at the worst time?
That's documented and as long as you don't actually do it and realize that it's something on the concerning side, pretty sure that's normal.

Also, why end yourself in such a shitty manner? I've already planned out how I'd wanna go if I ever went off the deep end. I'd just sell everything, read, watch, and practice outdoor activities, then just sell everything and go on a hike through one of the long trails. If I die, at least I die doing something I always wanted to do, no matter the suffering.
>>
>>31096594
>>31096626

Let me be clear, I did post here because I held a loaded gun and experienced that urge I was talking about. But I wasn't ready to kill myself in any capacity.

It's probably part of the reason I'm depressed or a side effect, but I feel a strong urgency to analyze this feeling very carefully.
>>
>>31096343
its ok all liberals immediately feel the urge to kill themselves or someone else when they touch a gun so you cant be that bad anon/
>>
>>31096693
Oh my gosh that's what they're called! I forgot about that term, thank you for reminding me.

And yes I'm pretty rational about the actual decisions I make, I've never attempted suicide and I value life
>>
>>31096703
>holds gun
>wow I could like just shoot everyone or myself
>do I have prablum guiz?
Pretty sure you are a closet liberal if these are your first thoughts.
Just sayin, do with it what you will.
>>
>>31096741
No actually, only a few years ago I noticed was more on the right than I realized before
>>
>>31096703

make an appointment with a councilor.

it helped me, I almost killed myself once too.

you need to help yourself, so take a step to do it if you feel like this and keep improving.
>>
>>31096594
You're the catfucker, aren't you.
>>
>>31096783
Don't actually know what this one is.
No my mistake was with my career and it could have cost me more, but I managed to make it out as I am now.
>>
>>31096768
I had a therapist for a couple months, and I'm not sure if it was because I wasn't open enough that it didn't work for me.
But I never really fleshed out any thought to her about when I felt suicidal. I'm deeply paranoid about being institutionalized, I would become a lunatic if I was forced to stay in an asylum
>>
>>31096990

man, did you get put on anti depressants at all?

I know what you are saying but, if you need help and you can't help yourself, tell them.

the only way you're rights are going to get taken from you is if a judge says so.
>>
>>31097004
I tried three for not very long each time. Not long enough to realize the real benefits, but I had bad enough side effects that I didn't want to take them anymore.
There was one that seemed okay with the side effects, but I just wasn't personally being okay with a dependency on an anti depressant
>>
>>31097129

listen, meds alone aren't gonna make you happy.

you don't need to be dependent on them dude.

what you need to do is get on them and work to improve yourself, in any way you see fit just take fucking baby steps.

become a man.

it's not easy but nothing ever is, when you start noticing how far you've come you'll start feeling better and you won't need the meds anymore.
>>
>>31097249
Maybe I'll try them again someday

Thank you to everyone who weighed in, not a bad response for my first post to /k/
>>
>>31097326

you really need to man, do it for you.

don't think of it as something that'll make you happy.

they'll stabilize your mood and from there you need to work on improving yourself.

become a fucking man nigger, go out and take your happiness.
>>
>>31096516
Spewing disinformation to make people not consider using a gun to commit suicide is stupid.

Everyone knows a gunshot to the roof of the mouth is fatal. The pressure is enough to damage the brain.
>>
Somtimes I get depressed, sad, lonely ect., but I realize that life isn't all about being happy.
The future is going to be an interesting and exciting place, one you could have never concieved of, I just have to make sure all my ducks are in a row now so that I can be there to see it.
I live.
>>
>>31096343

Maybe firearms are not for you.
>>
>>31097379

Want to see some photos of kids who managed to NOT kill themselves via a gunshot to the mouth? So they went from being depressed to not having a jaw and still being depressed.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.