[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CURVED. GUNS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: CURVE1.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CURVE1.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
Just bought a Taurus Curve as my new cheapo goin-inna-ghetto EDC.

How much of a retard am I? Paid $250.
>>
>>31095625
The gun is fine but that fucking case is vomit-tier.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 800x600px
That's pretty dumb, especially when you can get a Ruger LCP for the same price and it's better in every way.
>not Taurus
>less bulky
>not ugly
>decently accurate for a .380 pocket pistol
>high capacity mags available for chimpout repellant
>pinky extensions available
>more comfy
>not curved
>Jamal won't think it's a taze toy
>>
File: CURVE 2.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CURVE 2.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
>>31095655

It's the shitty one that came with it.
>>
>>31095655
You're certainly right about the case
>>
>>31095625
I'd actually be more inclined to buy it if it wasn't curved. Aesthetic as fuck.

OP, what are the two round things in the bag?
>>
>>31095680
There's better cc guns than the LCP too. The appeal of the curve IS its shape, and of course the novelty.

OP, did you get the gun you wanted? If so you did fine.
>>
>>31095734
IIRC many Taurus handguns have an internal bullshit lock, those are the keys
>>
File: 1432261753184.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1432261753184.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>31095734
...locks...
>>
File: CURVE 3.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
CURVE 3.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
>>31095734

They're hex keys for taking the frame apart.
>>
>>31095770
i meant tools for the locks
>>
>>31095776

Oh wait fug I'm wrong, they're for undoing the internal lock

>>31095766
>>31095770

Might as well go ahead and throw these out, never gonna use the internal lock
>>
>>31095787
I'd keep them just in case, for some retarded reason, the lock ends up in the locked position.
>>
>>31095787
I'd keep them handy anon
If the lock shits itself and activates, you want to be able to unlock it
Unless you just yank it out. Which isn't a bad idea, unless you need the warranty. Which, it is a Taurus...
What a dilemma
>>
Pretty sure I'm the only person on /k/ who has a Curve now, so once I get a chance to shoot this thing I'll come back and post a thread about how this huehue spess pistol works.
>>
>>31095625

I want one so bad

>Paid $250
With or without the light?
>>
How comfy is it, OP? Both in your hand as well as concealed? I was under the impression the allure of these things was how easy it could fit in your pockets and shit, how is it? How bad do you print with it in your pocket? I've been thinking about getting one myself.
>>
>>31095755
>There's better cc guns than the LCP
Well of course, but for $250 there's not a huge variety. I personally prefer the CZ-2075 myself but that's outside of OP's pistol's price range.
>>
it's so bizarre that I kind of like it.
If it functions well then you did good.
Shoot something, let us know how it goes.
>>
>buying a Taurus
>>
Nice, I was going to snag a curve, and ended up buying a Makarov P64
...I fucked up...
>>
>>31095625

Not tarded. They're neat little guns meant to appeal to people who either are new to the gun hobby, or wanted something more aesthetic. They're small, don't print as easily thanks to the curve (duh) and are miles better than being #nogunz if you ever actually need a firearm.

Just make sure to disassemble and clean it before shooting, Taurus guns tend to come covered with some kind of greasy rust preservative / machining oil type stuff; which fudds don't clean off and then complain about failures to everything and how Taurus is shit.

Oh, and lifetime warranty. Yes, Taurus has had QC issues in the past but they seem to be slowly getting better over time.

>>31096014

The light and laser are integral to the firearm. It's meant to be a point blank defensive weapon, the laser *is* your sight.
>>
...You bought a firearm with no sights on it.
Not even a frontpost/bead.
it's curved to make the gun more comfortable, okay why is it suppose to be comfortable carrying a gun? why is it so fucking bulky?

250$ was a fucking rip off that thing is a saturday night special
>>
>>31096181
>The light and laser are integral to the firearm. It's meant to be a point blank defensive weapon, the laser *is* your sight.

There are two versions. One with, and one without.

And there is a built in sight.
>>
>>31095680
>Jamal won't think it's a taze toy
Who cares what the person you're going to shoot thinks of your gun? Or do you whip your tiny piece out to try to intimidate people?
>>
>>31096181
>The light and laser are integral to the firearm. It's meant to be a point blank defensive weapon, the laser *is* your sight.
Okay maybe it's not a saturday night special, it's just has a lot of cool ideas mashed into one thing that ends up being a bad idea.
Weapons tend to follow a very minimal approach, this thing seems like a malfunction waiting to happen
>>
>>31096181
The gun has a bore-axis sight on the back, so they do make them without the laser and light. The laser and light usually end up tacking an extra $100 to the price of the firearm. That said, yeah, I wouldn't want to be in the spot where I had to use this without the laser from any appreciable distance. But if the battery ends up worn down from the light and laser accidentally being turned on in your pocket, you want to have practiced with those sights.
>>
File: DSC_0374[1].jpg (591KB, 1409x1456px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0374[1].jpg
591KB, 1409x1456px
>>31096215
I can't see using those bore axis sights as a primary sight reference. Ugh, lol.
>>
>>31096304
Well, it's meant for under 5 feet.
>>
>>31096225
Nobody here really shoots people. Stop voting for Hillary and get over yourself, sperglord.
>>
>>31096652
>Nobody here really shoots people

Speak for yourself.
>>
>>31096304
The loaded chamber indicator lifts up making it sorta like a rear sight
>>
>>31096304
>>31096326
>>31097473

Non-issue; you can easily make your own sights out of spitwads and dried cum.
>>
>>31096652
There a news story recently (less than a year ago I think) about a /k/ommando shooting 5 blm protesters.

So, you know, fuck you, guy.
>>
>>31096138
That's an oxymoron anon
>>
>>31097931
Fucking tripfags
>>
>>31097931
Fake.
>>
>>31095625
>using a Curve
You're so gay not even your gun is straight.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.