[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9mm is pretty much superior to 45. in every way. People always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: sig.jpg (2MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
2MB, 1500x1000px
9mm is pretty much superior to 45. in every way.

People always saying that the 9mm doesn't do as much damage but that 9mm is faster than 45., which doesn't make any sense. A faster bullet will always do more damage because the projectile is traveling faster and therefore hits harder and does more damage.

I honestly don't get why people say that 45. is better.

it's more expensive too. Literally doesn't make any sense.
>>
>literally doesn't make any sense
As opposed to figuratively not making sense? Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>31095331
>i like something
>that means it is best
>everyone else should like what I like

Just fuck off and let people do what they like.
>>
>>31095331
What is "45."?
>>
>>31095331
So how much more powerful is the 9mm than the .45 acp? Can you quantify this please?
>>
>>31095378
bullet whose diameter is 45 inches
>>
>>31095390
.450? .452? .455? .458?
>>
>>31095331
A faster round will not always do more damage.
Take .22lr vs 12ga 1oz slug.
Though I do agree that MODERN (key word) 9x19 loads will put perform .45acp loads if you compare under nato guidelines, meaning no hollow points or frangible rounds.
>>
>>31095390
>45 inch diameter bullet
Ivan, load up speskanon, aliens have come again.
>>
>>31095390
Pretty sure a bullet whose diameter is 45 inches will punch a bigger hole than 9mm
>>
>>31095386

>>
>>31095462
Got some sources to back up your claim?
>>
>>31095390
45. Is the best bullet for self defense.
>mugger shows up
>pull out big lump of metal put in a cylinder
>fire the "gun"
>feel safe as you enter stratosphere, far away from any would be muggers
>>
>>31095331
>people say .45 is better.

.45 ACP Ball FMJ was made for war because smaller rounds were not performing well enough. As in, people shot by them were still able to shoot back. The .45 FMJ was a success to such a degree that the 1911 became iconic to this day and at the time they wanted an automatic SMG to shoot the same ammo faster, which also became iconic.

9mm hollow points perform better than the regular .45 that saw such success. This is well known and another SMG was created specifically to shoot it faster, which also became iconic.

The end. 9mm wins for civilians who are allowed to use any ammo they want. Militaries of the world have a well known and battle-proven benchmark. 9mm with good ammo hits it.

The only time you need to go back and discuss this is when you're going subsonic, because at that point, if you're doing it right, the speed of all rounds should be the same because the speed of sound is a constant. This makes heavier bullets more effective, as the projectile holds all the remaining variables if target determines distance and conditions, and purpose determines speed.
>>
>>31095390

>you will never OC a cannon as you wheel it around with you
>>
Occasionally you'll see a /k/ommando here """casually""" mention that he shoots .45 at the range and his wife loves shooting 9. This encapsulates the whole substance of the debate.
>>
>>31095419
454 retard
>>
File: tmp_32156-zack-braff1433646001.jpg (117KB, 365x400px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32156-zack-braff1433646001.jpg
117KB, 365x400px
>>31095331
Would you rather get runover by a moped going 70mph or a Civic going 50mph?

Both can kill you. One of them is certainly more embarrassing.
>>
>>31095378
about treefiddy in diameter
>>
BAIT
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.