[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Syrian civil war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1472075411393.jpg (102KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472075411393.jpg
102KB, 1137x640px
So, for those that aren't completely up on this event, can someone give a tldr on what's going on from start to finish of this whole ordeal and where the many different factions fit in?
>>
>>31095180
just go to wikipedia, we dont need a thread detailing nearly 5 years of war
>>
we have a Syria general on here you can check out it's full of good information, theres one on /pol/ too but I don't care for it as much but it's still alright
>>
>>31095180
a cluster fuck of shits fucked. includes about 7000 different warring factions in a huge free-for-fall of shit
>>
>>31095180
Everybody killing everyone.

There done.
>>
Assad (govt) is part of a minority Muslim group, and gasses the citizens. Rebels want to take him down, USA generally support the rebels because Assad is a dictator, ISIS is also trying to take over
>>
>>31098064
Don't forget about the Spice Melange.
>>
File: 1441434783332.png (904KB, 900x589px) Image search: [Google]
1441434783332.png
904KB, 900x589px
>>31095180
>>31098064
here is the deal #1 the gas attacks are fucky, but you can look into that yourself.

#2 this is a sectarian proxy war at this point and pretty much always was in some intensity.

when the war started the units who defected were generally sunni.

so now that weve got that out of the way

the "FSA" or free syrian army is an ungodly amalgamation of hundreds of armed groups that are opposed to assad and are about 99% hard line to extreme sunni salafists, see the main actors such as the islamic front.

the group formally known as al nusra (which is al queada in syria) has recently changed its name to jaybet fetah al sham and "cut ties with al queada" which in all reality is just a move to make them look more moderate. pretty much all of the FSA works with them.

good ole ISIS, yes these fuccbois are still tear assing around but finally they seem to be stretched a little thin. that being said they are still an extremely dangerous fighting force. they are just "fuck everyone all the time" they fight everyone.

now who backs and supports these groups you may ask? the "FSA" =the usa, turkey, and the gulf states ( the saudis and what have you)
al nusra= turkey, and the gulf states
ISIS= well the saudis definitely and the get money and support from factions in turkey (see open use of the turkish border, the cracks in that relationship have been showing for years though, and with recent developments aka the jarabulus op well see what happens.) and other gulf states

assad = the SAA or the syrian arab army. mostly religious minorities such as alawites, druze, christians, yazidis, shia and some sunni.
the NDF or national defense force is comprimised of less loyal or less reliable fighters mainly sunnis.

iran = iran has a lot of involvement, theyre a large reason of why hezzbollah (the real deal lebenese one) is fighting for assad, though syrian did help in the lebenese civil war as well so take that as you will and the pmu's 1/2
>>
>>31100118
pmu's are the popular mobilization units are large irainian backed shia militias mainly being mobilized in iraq, fighting there and in syria.

russia = is on assads side and they have been allies since about the mid 50's and have advisors and a large air contingent there. you may have heard about the russians bombing everything under the sun on the news.

all this being said the FSA cannot run a state and there is infighting between groups even when theyre surrounded see east ghouta. they are also sunni jihadists and it will not bode well for the minorities in assad held territory if they somehow win. fun fact though the fight with isis did start about their (al nusra included) use of sharia law. their courts didnt use full sharia and isis could not stand this and shit kicked off from there
>>
>>31100118
ah mother fuck i forgot the kurds! how the fuck did i do that!
i feel that picture is appropriate for the new situation. the kurds in syria are mainly the YPG. i will not go into kurdish politics dont ask. they had an enemy of my enemy is a friend relationship with assad for quite a few years but that all fell apart this week. they started trying to push the ndf out of hasakah, which escalated pretty badly and assad cozyed up to turkey and let them and some FSA attack into norther syria and stop the kurds from linking fronts. i knew the kurds and assad would get into it, i just figured the kurds would wait when they were in a better position
>>
File: saa.jpg (101KB, 960x645px) Image search: [Google]
saa.jpg
101KB, 960x645px
>>31100225
so yeah the kurds fight the fsa, al nusra, isis, sometimes assad and turkey. any questions?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.